FoH Shares - Handover Announced for 30/8/21

chuck berrys hairline

David Black
9 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Wasn't me who made the original (wrong) comparison, I just corrected it and pointed out there is bugger all in it.

You did correct me and my original post was inaccurate re the league placings, fair enough, but the overall comparison stands, Hibs have improved where as as we have not. If you cannot admit that then that is your problem. In addition they haven't peed £12 million up the wall in getting there. We both know it won't last though.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• davemclaren

• Boab

• Herbert.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, David Black said:

You did correct me and my original post was inaccurate re the league placings, fair enough, but the overall comparison stands, Hibs have improved where as as we have not. If you cannot admit that then that is your problem. In addition they haven't peed £12 million up the wall in getting there. We both know it won't last though.

It's my problem? Come on, they improved last season, that's not up for debate. You claimed they have improved every season since they were promoted and I gave you the facts that proved that wasn't the case. If you cannot admit that that is correct then it's you who has the problem not me.**

** You seem to be agreeing with me but trying to argue that you're still right so probably best to let you think you won the debate. Hibs good, Hearts bad.

David Black
8 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

It's my problem? Come on, they improved last season, that's not up for debate. You claimed they have improved every season since they were promoted and I gave you the facts that proved that wasn't the case. If you cannot admit that that is correct then it's you who has the problem not me.**

** You seem to be agreeing with me but trying to argue that you're still right so probably best to let you think you won the debate. Hibs good, Hearts bad.

I acknowledged the fact that I was wrong in my assessment that Hibs had improved " season on season", that's the second time I have said that, but I am correct my assessment that overall they have made a bigger success since being promoted than we have. That is all I am saying and I certainly have no problem in admitting that. As for the Hibs good, Hearts bad quote, come on. 

38 minutes ago, David Black said:

I acknowledged the fact that I was wrong in my assessment that Hibs had improved " season on season", that's the second time I have said that, but I am correct my assessment that overall they have made a bigger success since being promoted than we have. That is all I am saying and I certainly have no problem in admitting that. As for the Hibs good, Hearts bad quote, come on. 

Nobody (me) is disputing that, never have. You should have left it at admitting you were wrong about the improving every season nonsense instead of trying to argue some other point that you think I have made.

David Black
53 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

In addition to my previous post, I have just checked the league placings since Hibs first season back in 2017/18 season. They have finished above us every season since and including that one. As I never checked the actual league placings before my original post, it still confirms that since we both got promoted Hibs have been better than us. Don't mention results between the clubs as that has nothing to do with the point I am making. Every season, let that sink in as it's probably back in the 70's since that last happened.

48 minutes ago, David Black said:

In addition to my previous post, I have just checked the league placings since Hibs first season back in 2017/18 season. They have finished above us every season since and including that one. As I never checked the actual league placings before my original post, it still confirms that since we both got promoted Hibs have been better than us. Don't mention results between the clubs as that has nothing to do with the point I am making. Every season, let that sink in as it's probably back in the 70's since that last happened.

FFS. Nobody is arguing those points, give it up man.

1 hour ago, David Black said:

Skewed argument, mate. We were back up at the first attempt while they were wallowing down there for another two seasons. First season back up we finished 3rd.

David Black
53 minutes ago, Boab said:

Skewed argument, mate. We were back up at the first attempt while they were wallowing down there for another two seasons. First season back up we finished 3rd.

Not skewed at all. How long it took Hibs to get promoted has nothing to do with my argument, it is what has happened since. As for first season back we finished 3rd is exactly my point, we have since been relegated due to our continued downward spiral and they have now finished third. Not skewed in the slightest, just think about it.

27 minutes ago, David Black said:

Not skewed at all. How long it took Hibs to get promoted has nothing to do with my argument, it is what has happened since. As for first season back we finished 3rd is exactly my point, we have since been relegated due to our continued downward spiral and they have now finished third. Not skewed in the slightest, just think about it.

That and the things you have mentioned since was not your point. Your point was that Hibs have improved every season since they were promoted, a point you have held your hand up as being wrong. 

Francis Albert

Can we not just agree that Hibs have been better than us since they were promoted. If that is the case it is surely a big enough indictment for any Hearts fan  

Edited by Francis Albert

20 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Well aye, that's not what you said though.

Hibs in last 6 seasons have finished (not in order)

3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 13th, 15th.

Hearts in last 6 seasons have finished (not in order)

3rd, 5th, 5th, 6th, 12th, 13th.

Both qualified for Europe once in that time.

Bugger all in it if you ask me.

Would they not have qualified for Europe twice?

4th place would be get a UEFA cup spot presuming Celtic won the cup.

2 hours ago, David Black said:

I take your point, David. If we are to compare fortunes since we both came up, there’s nothing in it. Your argument starts when they came up, I get that, this season will determine how both teams are progressing.

Think we’re done here.

👍

14 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Would they not have qualified for Europe twice?

4th place would be get a UEFA cup spot presuming Celtic won the cup.

Yip. Twice. 

39 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Can we not just agree that Hibs have been better than us since they were promoted. If that is the case it is surely a big enough indictment for any Hearts fan  

Ooooh you cannie say that on here.

3 hours ago, Herbert said:

Ooooh you cannie say that on here.

You  say it but it would be wrong! Do you agree Hibert??

22 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You  say it but it would be wrong! Do you agree Hibert??

I do agree with him. They have been better in the league and transfer market than us. We need to up our game.

Footballfirst

Latest FOH numbers:

£12,215,321 now pledged in total.

£130,370 pledged last month (£131,058 in June).

£2.45m raised since the Bidco loan was repaid in full in January 2020.

The website still claims "WE’RE ONE STEP CLOSER TO FAN OWNERSHIP"

Famous 1874
10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Latest FOH numbers:

What do you think the hold up is? 

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

If only I knew.

A full house at Tynecastle for a party?

A legal, accounting or tax impediment?

Waiting until the club is financially stable following the pandemic and does not rely on director or benefactor funding to break even?

Waiting until AB is no longer a creditor or the club?

Edited by Footballfirst

davemclaren
58 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Latest FOH numbers:

Good numbers regardless. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

If only I knew.

A full house at Tynecastle for a party?

A legal, accounting or tax impediment?

Waiting until the club is financially stable following the pandemic and does not rely on director or benefactor funding to break even?

Waiting until AB is no longer a creditor or the club?

None of these should have any validity, unless it is the second one and, if so, as members we should be informed. Anyone looking in from a distance would be calling "scam" at this point.

Lone Striker
15 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

None of these should have any validity, unless it is the second one and, if so, as members we should be informed. Anyone looking in from a distance would be calling "scam" at this point.

"Scam" is probably a bit too strong an accusation at this point.   However if the reason for the delay is  the 2nd one on FF's list, then the "expert" directors on the FoH board should be more than a little embarrassed that a legal/tax issue is only becoming apparent to them  now.

2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Irrelevant as nothing actually changes.............so why not just do it?

Conjecture and supposition.

Without any information from the club/FOH, that’s all we have right now.

Think they will need to get a move on. 

Bungalow Bill

If the shares transferred tomorrow what would actually change? The date of transfer really doesn’t concern me. 

Silvery_Moon
4 hours ago, mrcrisps said:

FOH Plot Ceremony today - Ann Budge confirming transfer in next few weeks.

Ann spoke well today I thought. 

I admit I have been a critic at times (particularly after the Brora match) but I've never doubted that she puts a heck of a lot of work into this club and we are lucky to have her. Getting James Anderson on board is a fantastic piece of business too. 

It's clear that the club is moving in the right direction and I am sure it will continue once the ownership has transferred to FOH. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

I emailed the FOH yesterday about the share transfer and the reply from Stuart was that it's to happen very soon and an announcement is imminent.

davemclaren
45 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I emailed the FOH yesterday about the share transfer and the reply from Stuart was that it's to happen very soon and an announcement is imminent.

Good to hear. 

Francis Albert
On 09/08/2021 at 11:16, 1953 said:

Wonder what foh's definition of imminent is.

PS having googled the word most definitions refer to it as commonly or especially used about something unpleasant e.g. a storm is imminent or they were in imminent danger of being swept away. Both implying a matter of hours rather than days or weeks.

Edited by Francis Albert

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

PS having googled the word most definitions refer to it as commonly or especially used about something unpleasant e.g. a storm is imminent or they were in imminent danger of being swept away. Both implying a matter of hours rather than days or weeks.

FOH is filming a video at Tynecastle tomorrow, having invited those who were involved in running FOH from the outset and in the early days of its existence, to show how FOH has progressed since its inception.

I assume that creating the video will be a precursor to the official "announcement" of the transfer within the next week or two.

Personally, I think that such a video will miss the point as it is the 10/11,000 fans who contributed who should be highlighted, not the past founders or directors.

Edited by Footballfirst

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

FOH is filming a video at Tynecastle tomorrow, having invited those who were involved in running FOH from the outset and in the early days of its existence, to show how FOH has progressed since its inception.

I assume that creating the video will be a precursor to the official "announcement" of the transfer within the next week or two.

Personally, I think that such a video will miss the point as it is the 10/11,000 fans who contributed who should be highlighted, not the past founders or directors.

A video editor’s nightmare !

There would be a fair bit of dissent if they opened it up to us mere proles !

jambo-in-furness
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Give the founders some credit,  I presume they are also contributing to this day. 

run of the mill contributors like myself take satisfaction in knowing that when I turn up at the stadium, it’s still there because of the likes of me.

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I've been contributing from very early on.

But it did take leadership to kick it off .We all played our part(mines is small compared to others but affordable)

My name on the strip and most importantly that I can still go to watch Hearts is reward.

Wouldn't mind a wee walk on part in the video though 🙂

Francis Albert
48 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Agree your last point but I suspect the ordinary members past and present will also get  their due in the celebrations/ceremony.

Personally I would prefer something understated, simple and cheap, with maximum funds going to the club especially given current financial cobnstraints.

(A re-enactment of the differences between founders, past and present directors and Ann, drawing in part on Murray's book, and the bits cut out,  would be fun however)

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I also expected Imminent to mean a few days but it does look like it's tied up with the video that's getting shot tomorrow so won't be far away I shouldn't think. 

• davemclaren changed the title to FoH Shares - Handover Announced
  • davemclaren changed the title to FoH Shares - Handover Announced for 30/8/21

i wonder if the timing has anything to do with who we play in the next home game where there will be a celebration i imagine :crowngrin:

Imminent = forthcoming, inevitable, about to happen, approaching etc.

Not a doom and gloom meaning among those.

Some of you want to take a long, hard look at yourselves.  Trying to put any negative spin on this is ridiculous, spurious, unforgiveable, stupid, pointless, and should receive an imminent kick up the a**e!!!

Psychedelicropcircle
12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Screenshot_20210818-153240_Facebook.jpg

WTF did Paula ask in the cockapoo owners club? Asking for a friend 👍