Lack of celebration

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I was lucky enough to end up with tickets for both the Cove and Inverness games. Obviously you wouldn't expect scenes of carnage in the stands when we score against smaller opposition like them, but I was susprised to see the number of people who didn't seem to react to our goals in any way whatsoever. No standing, cheering, clapping, not even a smile from some of them. I know there's a restricted crowd etc, which might affect the atmosphere, but on the other hand it's been well over a year since folk have been at a game, you'd think there'd be a bit of excitement at getting back. 

Granted, I usually sit in section G where it's occasionally a wee bit raucous, but is this complete under-reaction the norm in the rest of the ground? 

(I'm not having a go at anybody, I was just surprised and curious to find out if this is normal.)

24 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

I was lucky enough to end up with tickets for both the Cove and Inverness games. Obviously you wouldn't expect scenes of carnage in the stands when we score against smaller opposition like them, but I was susprised to see the number of people who didn't seem to react to our goals in any way whatsoever. No standing, cheering, clapping, not even a smile from some of them. I know there's a restricted crowd etc, which might affect the atmosphere, but on the other hand it's been well over a year since folk have been at a game, you'd think there'd be a bit of excitement at getting back. 

Granted, I usually sit in section G where it's occasionally a wee bit raucous, but is this complete under-reaction the norm in the rest of the ground? 

(I'm not having a go at anybody, I was just surprised and curious to find out if this is normal.)

I was sat in the main stand last night, it’s just hard to get past the pre season feel of these matches, especially with the stupidly small crowds. 90% of the singing was still coming from section G last night from what I could make out.

Things will be much different when we are playing a game with real meaning and we are back to capacity crowds. I’ve missed the energy and feel generated from a large crowd, and although it’s good to be back, it’s far from normal yet. I was desperate for a drink after about 20mins sitting in the sun, why they can’t sell water in the ground yet is farcical too. 

Hearts ridiculous rule of spacing everyone 1m apart probably sucked the life out people before they even sat down.

Just now, jonesy said:

I don't have a ST at the moment so obviously haven't been to any of these games, but the 'no refreshments' rule - is that part of the government guidelines, or is that a HMFC-only policy? Same with the 'sit 2m apart from everyone' rule?

sit where you want when you get in the ground. I shared a car and a restaurant before the game with the people I was with so it’s madness to then sit 2m apart when you get in, and no one seems to mind. 

as for the refreshments rule I’m not sure, government guidelines I would think though.

2 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Hearts ridiculous rule of spacing everyone 1m apart probably sucked the life out people before they even sat down.

Not sure that's a Hearts rule?

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Our family bubble of 4 all sat spaced apart but the row in front had someone directly in front,one left to the left,much closer than my family bubble. Hearts are messing up the spacing(everyone was in correct allocated seats).

hmfc_liam06
15 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Either someone can't measure or folk were sitting where they liked because I had someone directly in front of me and directly behind me.

14 minutes ago, brux said:

Not sure that's a Hearts rule?

Has to be, where else makes family members from the same house sit apart?

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Either someone can't measure or folk were sitting where they liked because I had someone directly in front of me and directly behind me.

People are moving to sit beside their pals.

Italian Lambretta

They had no spacing between families at the St Midden partick game.

And our illustrious leader sat next to her husband in the posh seats. One rule for some..............

18 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Our family bubble of 4 all sat spaced apart but the row in front had someone directly in front,one left to the left,much closer than my family bubble. Hearts are messing up the spacing(everyone was in correct allocated seats).

I ended up just sitting next to my son as there was a 2 guys in the row in front of me closer to me than my son was, so thought what's the point

33 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Has to be, where else makes family members from the same house sit apart?

If i get tickets for me and my 2 sons for the celtic game I will be sitting beside them regardless of that rule.

10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Good to hear the first part. I hear that Aberdeen were selling tickets in 'bubbles' for their European game so you could grab tix with mates/family. Seems like Hearts' position is, once again, to treat our own fans with something somewhere between maternalistic 'do-goodism' and contempt.

The drinks part is baffling, whether its SG or HMFC. As you cannot bring a 'controlled container' into the ground, surely there should be some provision for water if they expect you to sit there for almost 2 hours?

Rules have been relaxed for bringing stuff in- we all had plastic bottles of water/ juice.  Given the small crowd it would be easy to highlight the culprit 

I got tickets sat 3 seats from one son, but the other was the row in front of us about 20 seats away. We all just sat together 

chuck berrys hairline

You could sit together INSIDE hospitality before the game but have to sit 1 metre apart OUTSIDE watching the game 😅

Annie Nae Clue

10 minutes ago, brux said:

If i get tickets for me and my 2 sons for the celtic game I will be sitting beside them regardless of that rule.

Good to hear. Hopefully every family does the same.

1 hour ago, communist said:

I was sat in the main stand last night, it’s just hard to get past the pre season feel of these matches, especially with the stupidly small crowds. 90% of the singing was still coming from section G last night from what I could make out.

Things will be much different when we are playing a game with real meaning and we are back to capacity crowds. I’ve missed the energy and feel generated from a large crowd, and although it’s good to be back, it’s far from normal yet. I was desperate for a drink after about 20mins sitting in the sun, why they can’t sell water in the ground yet is farcical too. 

Sort of where I'm at too. Went to the Cove game with my mate, and by half time, dare I say the novelty had worn off a touch. Was great being back at Tynecastle, but once that 3rd goal went in, it felt exactly like what it was. A run of the mill League Cup game vs lower league opposition. As you say, very difficult to get up for these matches.

****ing sick of us playing in this League Cup group stage. :lol: 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
1 hour ago, communist said:

I was in the main stand too for the first time, never again! 😄 Sun belting off my coupon for 90 minutes. 

42 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

You could sit together INSIDE hospitality before the game but have to sit 1 metre apart OUTSIDE watching the game 😅

Annie Nae Clue

It's like they had their Level 2 stuff sorted for the Cove Rangers game, and despite the country moving to Level 0 for the Inverness game, Hearts decided they couldn't be arsed re-doing the ticketing to support groups and getting a bigger crowd.

No doubt Budge's pals will be sorting the Celtic allocations under Level 2 rules...

Kirky Jambo

Tangent but Id rather the players had grabbed the ball to get it back to the centre circle yesterday when we scored, I know it doesn’t really make a difference but the mentality yesterday wasn’t quite right, no real urgency 

chuck berrys hairline
24 minutes ago, kila said:

It's like they had their Level 2 stuff sorted for the Cove Rangers game, and despite the country moving to Level 0 for the Inverness game, Hearts decided they couldn't be arsed re-doing the ticketing to support groups and getting a bigger crowd.

No doubt Budge's pals will be sorting the Celtic allocations under Level 2 rules...

She shouldn't even be here still, thats the most annoying thing tbh