why the hate get behind the team

wattie exploited

Getting back to the OP, many on here are confusing supporting with blind loyalty and hate with genuine criticism.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Herbert.

• frankblack

• jambopilms

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel part of the problem us there seems to be a real distance between the club and the fans.When Alex Mcdonald and Jim Jeffrey's were the managers there always felt a togetherness now its non existent. 

It helped that we had players that got what it meant to play for Hearts

Nowadays I don't have any player I really look forward to seeing I even struggle to recognise them on the pitch(mind you that might be an age thing)

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Getting back to the OP, many on here are confusing supporting with blind loyalty and hate with genuine criticism.

Spot on. 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

"Genuine" criticism means calling out positives as well as negatives. The over the top negative reaction from some to the positive start to this season is the opposite of genuine criticism. 

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

My annoyance comes from this:

You get the bus to work, the bus company are great, the bus is a beauty, the company runs very well, the fare very reasonable, total model set up, the fellow passengers are great people and we all get on well.

The driver is hopeless, we’re all late for work most days, the day we make it on time is a total fluke and when that happens the driver talks as if he’s a legend.

I want a new driver. The bus company deserve a new driver.

(Totally aware this will piss people off but it’s just how I feel about it all).

Brilliant.  I'm not going to slag of Hearts.  I desperately want us to succeed but that post sums everything up.

LokamotivRobbo
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

"Genuine" criticism means calling out positives as well as negatives. The over the top negative reaction from some to the positive start to this season is the opposite of genuine criticism. 

Spot on!👍

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Verb : Criticise 

Find  fault with , express criticism of, point out real or perceived flaws. 

We all want what’s best for Hearts it’s just some people’s best can’t be seen being delivered by the coaching staff currently employed. 
It’s a new season and we all want Hearts to succeed. Hopefully we get a couple of new signings in that improve the team shortly and Neilson can prove the doubters wrong. Its a forum & everyone has different opinions,  but when we get back inside Tynecastle we all want the same . 👍

Brick Tamland
On 26/07/2021 at 12:42, Governor Tarkin said:

I hope that we get papped every game till Nheilson is launched, jonno. Until Nheilson os launched we are treading water at best.

Tragic that any Hearts fan would come out with something like that.

On 27/07/2021 at 22:12, Governor Tarkin said:

I suppose I agree.

It was sort of the same with Lafferty. We all knew he played the bigoted orange Rangers fud, and I lapped it up when we played Celtic because I'm still a 90 minute bigoted fud too, but in the real world we can well do without it.

Genuine questions - Are the bits in bold the reasons you would like to see Neilson removed as manager? Is he not staunch or loyal enough for you?

Biffa Bacon
13 hours ago, Armageddon said:

My annoyance comes from this:

You get the bus to work, the bus company are great, the bus is a beauty, the company runs very well, the fare very reasonable, total model set up, the fellow passengers are great people and we all get on well.

The driver is hopeless, we’re all late for work most days, the day we make it on time is a total fluke and when that happens the driver talks as if he’s a legend.

I want a new driver. The bus company deserve a new driver.

(Totally aware this will piss people off but it’s just how I feel about it all).

This analagy does not work. Robbie does not fail every time he drives the bus. He got the bus back to the depot by winning the league. There were horrible cup exits, but your view of his overall performance does not match. A more accurate analgy is that he drives in a way that you don't like, too fast or too slow or too jerky, but mostly he gets you to work on time.

Governor Tarkin
38 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Tragic that any Hearts fan would come out with something like that.

Genuine questions - Are the bits in bold the reasons you would like to see Neilson removed as manager? Is he not staunch or loyal enough for you?

The civil war in Syria is tragic.

Children with cancer is tragic.

Some slaver at the ham on a message board is many things, but unless you are inclined to drama-queenery it's about as far from tragic as you can get.

And to answer your questions, no, and I don't care who or what he is.

Governor Tarkin
12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The over the top negative reaction from some to the positive start to this season is the opposite of genuine criticism. 

Some folk just need a little longer to be convinced that we're finally moving in the right direction again.

Just like some folk needed a little longer to be convinced that we were on a slow decline which culminated with millions of pounds spunked up the wall and in a season with the posties and brickies.

🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Biffa Bacon said:

This analagy does not work. Robbie does not fail every time he drives the bus. He got the bus back to the depot by winning the league. There were horrible cup exits, but your view of his overall performance does not match. A more accurate analgy is that he drives in a way that you don't like, too fast or too slow or too jerky, but mostly he gets you to work on time.

It does work, he got the bus back to the depot because the road was clear of any obstruction, god help him driving up the A9 at the start of the school holidays :)

Biffa Bacon
Just now, Armageddon said:

It does work, he got the bus back to the depot because the road was clear of any obstruction, god help him driving up the A9 at the start of the school holidays :)

🤣

wattie exploited
16 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Spot on. 👍

spot on nothing   :facepalm:

if you were referring to myself I am the first to have a go if we are playing shit ect ,but you just cant keep dwelling on the negatives and try and get them fixed and move forward :rifle:

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

spot on nothing   :facepalm:

if you were referring to myself I am the first to have a go if we are playing shit ect ,but you just cant keep dwelling on the negatives and try and get them fixed and move forward :rifle:

Did you read the post I quoted? It said 'many on here'. If that's you then it's you, if it's not it's not. The rest of it was spot on.

wattie exploited
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Did you read the post I quoted? It said 'many on here'. If that's you then it's you, if it's not it's not. The rest of it was spot on.

the last 5 years has been dire but its got to get better sooner rather than later hopefully :rifle:

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

the last 5 years has been dire but its got to get better sooner rather than later hopefully :rifle:

Fingers crossed, wattie.

I'm choking to take the wee man to the football again but won't while we're gash or there's nothing to get excited about.

The oldest one was at his first match at around 4 months old when I couldn't get a babysitter for the Auchinlech game. We left at half time when Hearts were 3 nil up. He saw Hearts score more goals in that 45 minutes than I saw in my first 6 months of going to games in the early 80s. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Governor Tarkin

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Fingers crossed, wattie.

I'm choking to take the wee man to the football again but won't while we're gash or there's nothing to get excited about.

The oldest on was at his first game at around 4 months old when I couldn't get a babysitter for the Auchinlech game. We left at half time when Hearts were 3 nil up. He saw Hearts score more goals in that 45 minutes than I saw in my first 6 months of going to games in the early 80s. 🤷‍♂️

you need to take your son to every game if he is that lucky for us starting on Saturday   :toasting:

i went to my first game when i was 5 Jurassic park times long time ago :rifle:

wattie exploited
On 26/07/2021 at 20:17, maggieb said:

Nice one Wattie , your starting to come across as a bit of a wordsmith ,I definitely agree with all of the above 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

thanks that's a first a bit of a wordsmith :toasting:

hopefully our new midfield player will work out good he is young enough :rifle: 

wattie exploited

still got people moaning about Robbie,s tactics last night :facepalm:

think you will find we got forced back and when we put HARING on  we got more on the front foot lets just enjoy winning against Celtic no mate what :rifle:

On 26/07/2021 at 20:17, maggieb said:

Nice one Wattie , your starting to come across as a bit of a wordsmith ,I definitely agree with all of the above 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

Wattie has always been a good wordsmith, and usually gets his point across very succinctly.  I mean, **** A Mod, that's clear and to the point.