Question for everyone

merseyjambo

merseyjambo

Very simple

What is the acceptable points level after the first round of games and what points total would people be concerned about after first round of games.

Acceptable - 15-21

Concern level - Under 10

Mars plastic

What the fans think is completely irrelevant. There’s only one opinion that matters at tynie these days.

Edited by Mars plastic

been here before

Some on here wont be happy unless we get 34

Others on here wont be happy unless we get 0.

Edited by been here before

This season is about consolidation, consolidation within the top 6. Although, Aberdeen are very much in transition post McInnes, St Johnstone have lost a couple of players and Hibs, are Hibs. So I'd be disappointed if we missed out on qualifying (to qualify....) for Europe.

If Hearts do not reach 10 pts after the first tranche of games I would be concerned, they had 8 pts in 2019/2020, however I would expect them to amass at least 26 pts as n 2018/2019.

Couple of critical signings or fully fit best 11 top 6

Current first 11 with injuries to Gino (not great today) Soapy or, perish the thought Gordon we’re in bother

Anything less than 16/17 will cause me grave concern.  22 plus is where I want us to be.

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

If Hearts do not reach 10 pts after the first tranche of games I would be concerned, they had 8 pts in 2019/2020, however I would expect them to amass at least 26 pts as n 2018/2019.

“they” “them”?

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Very simple

What is the acceptable points level after the first round of games and what points total would people be concerned about after first round of games.

Acceptable - 15-21

Concern level - Under 10

under 10 would be a total disgrace - instant dismissal and protests on the plaza. 

I expect us to be competing for top 4 this season and to be in the mix for that after we have completed our first round of fixtures. 

Acceptable - 18-21

Concerned - 15 points or under

My logic is if we only have 15 points that means we have lost more than we have won ie 6 losses to 5 wins.

Edited by gregzy2k7

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Tazio said:

Wrong target, long term Hearts man and member of JKB. 

Not a target a weird way of talking about your team. With all the obvious hibees on here its hard to know what to think

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not a target a weird way of talking about your team. With all the obvious hibees on here its hard to know what to think

Just a different way of talking. Clearly they refers to the team and not the club. If someone reported in watching a practice match or preseason friendly they may say “they looked good/shite” and not always we. Several people on here i suspect strongly but Tasavallan isn’t one. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Looking down the first 5 fixtures, the only I'm confident of winning is at home to the vermin, just because it is them.

For me, by the time you have played 11 you should have a minimum of 18 points on the board - that's 6 wins. That shouldn't be a big ask but I'm not sure that this team, as it stands, is capable of it.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Very simple

Acceptable - 15-21

Concern level - Under 10

What are we calling 10-14 points?

Asking for a friend.

PhoenixHearts
17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

“they” “them”?

I wouldn't fixate on that too much. Some people just don't like to say "We" or "Us" because they're technically not the ones on the park playing the game.

It's just a matter of preference. 

JamboGraham

19 points from the first round would have us bang on course for 60 points.

Anything above that would be fantastic start, 19 would be a great start...less than that is fine but we wouldn’t want to be under 15. (That would mean we would have given up two ‘target’ fixtures).

No point worrying too much about position in the table or what others have due to the imbalance in fixtures.

I wouldn't worry too much about the points total as in our league all the teams seem to take points off each other.

Top 4 is where we need to be.

46 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

You're going to be disappointed if you expect 26 points from the first 11 games

Niemi’s gloves
16 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Acceptable - 18-21

Concerned - 15 points or under

My logic is if we only have 15 points that means we have lost more than we have won ie 6 losses to 5 wins.

15 points could also be 4 wins, 3 draws, 4 losses

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

JamboGraham
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the points total as in our league all the teams seem to take points off each other.

Top 4 is where we need to be.

Position only matters after 38 matches.

The points required for each position are remarkably consistent from season to season. Get the points on the board and the position takes care of itself. No point being 4th mid-season on a lower than average points total and then realise that the fixture imbalance means that we are actually off the pace in the long run...

I would like to think we are capable of winning all the home games in the first set of fixtures.

Celtic obviously being the hardest.

Hibs and Aberdeen I just always expect to beat at home as its what I've mostly been used to. Think we also have Motherwell, Livingston and Dundee. Games we should be winning.

I don't fancy us picking up many points away from home though.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

This season is about consolidation, consolidation within the top 6. Although, Aberdeen are very much in transition post McInnes, St Johnstone have lost a couple of players and Hibs, are Hibs. So I'd be disappointed if we missed out on qualifying (to qualify....) for Europe.

This season's excuse nice and early, next year it will be a rebuild after getting rid of this season's deadwood.

JamboGraham
10 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

You're going to be disappointed if you expect 26 points from the first 11 games

Indeed...26 points from the first 11 would have any side genuinely on course for the title. I would take it of course but to expect it is not realistic.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

The points required for each position are remarkably consistent from season to season. Get the points on the board and the position takes care of itself. No point being 4th mid-season on a lower than average points total and then realise that the fixture imbalance means that we are actually off the pace in the long run...

After 33 matches position matters. Or fewer given how corrupt the game is in Scotland...

10 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

20/21 - 56

19/20 - 45

18/19 - 67

17/18 - 67

16/17 - 58

Points tally for 4th last 5 season. Quite a variation there with a 22 point difference from once season to the next (50% more points required in 18/19 than the season after). 

Edited by Taffin

JamboGraham
10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

20/21 - 56

19/20 - 45

18/19 - 67

17/18 - 67

16/17 - 58

Points tally for 4th last 5 season. Quite a variation there with a 22 point difference from once season to the next (50% more points). 

19/20 wasn’t a full set of matches. The two 67’s were the last two where Rangers were dropping more points than would reasonably be expected. When you have a strong Rangers and Celtic competing with each other we end up back down nearer the 56-58 point mark. Go a little further back, the most recent seasons are not the norm. 

Edited by JamboGraham

Just now, JamboGraham said:

19/20 wasn’t a full set of matches. The two 67’s were the last two where Rangers were dropping more points than would reasonably be expected. When you have a strong Rangers and Celtic competing with each other we end up back down nearer the 56-58 point mark. Go a little further back, the most reasons seasons are not the norm. 

True, I forgot about the shortened season but it's still a big variation 4 out if the last 5 seasons. I'm still not too fussed where we are on points though after a round of fixtures and will be gauging our success on league placement at the end of the first round of fixtures, at 33 games and at 38. That's just personal preference though.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

16-18 would be a decent return. Anything below a point a game and its relegation form, but if we’re struggling that badly there’s no way neilson lasts 11 games

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

“they” “them”?

9300 posts and £519 donated, yet drops the “they” “them” chat 😂😂😂

I’m  laughing

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Who are all these obvious hibees? 

By the way, PHM don't refer to that shower as hibees (which is what they call themselves), PHM prefer vermin, hobos, hubs, and other less flattering phrases. See what I did there? :wink:

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

By the way, PHM don't refer to that shower as hibees (which is what they call themselves), PHM prefer vermin, hobos, hubs, and other less flattering phrases. See what I did there? :wink:

Whatever they are they're never Hearts fans. So I'll go with Hibs fans. Nowhere to be seen when going well and miserable after winning. I go with Hibees personally. "Hobos" is a modern thing - as cringy as "yams".

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Whatever they are they're never Hearts fans. So I'll go with Hibs fans. Nowhere to be seen when going well and miserable after winning. I go with Hibees personally. "Hobos" is a modern thing - as cringy as "yams".

You should have recognised by now that some Hearts fans are "glass half empty" types.  But they're still Hearts fans.

4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I take issue with you slightly.  I call them cabbages and that is all a title to which they self describe.

5 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

15 points could also be 4 wins, 3 draws, 4 losses

Yeah I know that but for me it doesn't really matter how the points are divided up or won the fact would be that it is 15 out of 33 points available, which equates to only 5 wins in 11, I don't think that's good enough for hearts any way you like to cut it.

As an aside, I insist on us taking maximum points from Hibernian, St Johnstone and St Mirren.

Can't keep up on here anymore.

Thought we'd dispensed with worrying about results and just cared about swashbuckling entertainment with flair and excitement.

With that in mind, I'll go for 5 points but with 10 goals a game and Jobby Nilson sacked on Xmas eve, just so I fit in with the group mind.

Edited by Bull's-eye

hmfc_liam06

Hibs finished with 63 last season. An average of 1.7 points per game.

So I'd be looking for us to be on 18 points through 11 games.