Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

InternationalJambo
Just now, jambopilms said:

Good post. But you forget it's a Neilson team so the permanently angry will tell you it's boring no matter what happens.

It's getting beyond a parody now. I'm far from Neilson's biggest fan but i think the blinkers are on for a lot of people already. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

Siphiwe Tshabalala
12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The number of tools who post on here never fails to disappoint. At least the Hibs fans who post do so deliberately to stir up shot. The actual Hearts fans who post negative drivel after we've won 4 and lost no goals is shocking. They really should go support someone else as their sense of entitlement is nauseating.

Come back to me next week when Celtic (an awful Celtic at that) get in behind our back line due to our super new system and stick 2/3 past us.

If you think today is acceptable and Robbie is the man to deliver us success, your so wrong it’s unbelievable.

Just my opinion of course.

20 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Surely you are able to see the team were retaining possession

Many times during this evenings game and in the other 3 we’ve played a forward pass was quite often on. However it went across the back. It’s frustrating as hell. 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

It isn't passed between two centre half's though is it? Folk are acting as if this is similar football to Levein where we passed it around then looked for a hopeful ball over the top and lose possession, this is night and day and i'm sure you know that yourself. We move the ball from left to right in the back three looking for the sitter to bring our wide players into the game - with the movement from the front 3/4 - it is a nightmare to play against. Granted, we havent hit the heights im sure the management want at implementing it yet, but for me there is a clear style of play being coached and we have been improving on it every game this close season. I'd be interested to know what you expect of us when Inverness come to sit in and hit us on the break with pace and physicality? 

a nightmare to play against 😂 we are unbelievably slow and ponderous in possession, and absolute piece of piss to stop. Zero intensity, zero pace, zero variation other than the 30 minute winger swap 

merseyjambo
47 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

A thread full of the KB equivalent of flat earthers, COVID deniers and anti vaxers. If these lot weren't raging at Neilson they would be raging at something else nonsensical.

I think you need to take a break from JKB. People are unhappy that we had every advantage in knowing what we needed to do to get on the seeded side of the draw and failed to do so. It’s a trophy we’ve not won since the 60s do you want every advantage possible to get there. Being seeded is definitely an advantage. 

39 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Zero credit even though we have not been beat since March ? There isnt much more he could do. Now another thread after a pretty convincing win. By all means rage during a losing streak but raging whilst winning is the behaviour of spoilt shitebags.

He has zero credit after Brora and Alloa and his sanctimonious bull crap after the results against Brora and QotS. Hearts dispatched teams they were expected to but beating teams with a budget 10 times the size of some of these teams is expected.

CloustonHMFC

Holy ****. What. A. Thread.

Good start to the season for us, haven't conceded, scored plenty, won all games and in to the next round. 

6 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

I think getting beaten in the cup final by Dunfermline was typical of that era. I went home and away in those days and there were many false dawns. You have to agree though it was at times exciting. 

At times, but I also remember quite a few very poor players who almost seemed afraid of the ball.

InternationalJambo
1 minute ago, iwasthere1954 said:

We've played four lower league teams. What are we going to do when we play the pl teams. Oh and I sincerely hope your correct and I'm wrong.

Correct, and have won the group without conceding a goal. I do understand people's fears, though. We have seen this story too much the last 5 years. But i for one am quietly optimistic with what i see. 

colinmaroon
4 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

I think getting beaten in the cup final by Dunfermline was typical of that era. I went home and away in those days and there were many false dawns. You have to agree though it was at times exciting. 

Can you imagine this place when a player who was got rid of scored the only goal for Hibs on Ne'erday; when going for the title we lose SEVEN at home to Dundee and blow it in the last game of the season?

The dull team won the league!

Not totally disagreeing with you but perspective is a wonderful thing. 

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Daft thread.

One thing I would say is he’s banged on about the new shape then we lose one player (Souttar) and he changes back to his old one. Isn’t really a failing because we won the game but one player shouldn’t dictate the way a team plays.  

Maybe he changed the shape because Souttar was out injured?

InternationalJambo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

a nightmare to play against 😂 we are unbelievably slow and ponderous in possession, and absolute piece of piss to stop. Zero intensity, zero pace, zero variation other than the 30 minute winger swap 

Have you ever played against a 3-4-3 with interchanging players, bud?

Mars plastic
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Beamer is a bit of a harsh tag for yourself, Tosh.

Wanted hibs to win the cup yet regularly has a go at other fans. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, InternationalJambo said:

Correct, and have won the group without conceding a goal. I do understand people's fears, though. We have seen this story too much the last 5 years. But i for one am quietly optimistic with what i see. 

Can I ask what you have seen to make you optimistic? Not after war and peace just what makes you think we are coming good?

The Treasurer

It's interesting to see the posters that have been noticeable by their absence are suddenly crawling out from under their rocks as soon as a disappointing result happens. 

WoolfordsHearts
7 minutes ago, Cade said:

Neilson thinks he's clever.

He overthinks everything and ends up fecking it up.

He's obviously more clever than you as he's managing the Hearts and you're posting on here. 😄

He's more clever than me aswell,anyway that's my pizzas just arrived👍

Just now, Mars plastic said:

And goes to the rugby when Hearts have an important cup game. 🤣

😐

InternationalJambo
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Can I ask what you have seen to make you optimistic? Not after war and peace just what makes you think we are coming good?

The set up is quite clearly working for our attacking players. We look threatening coming forward and have players that can hurt teams, although we've not fully clicked as a unit yet. The pressing from the front and energy from our midfield is encouraging. Our wingbacks look good and we look comfortable in possession as a unit. 

There is a long way to go of course, but the signs are there. We need 2/3 first team players IMO. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

kingantti1874

Have you ever played against a 3-4-3 with interchanging players, bud?

I just call performances as I see it and what I saw tonight was more neilson slug-ball until Jamie walker changed the game. A lack a movement, a lack of drive, a lack of movement off the ball, a lack of application. Slow possession - zero penetration and it’s not good enough. 

I watched Aberdeen batter that Swedish mob and they are ****ing miles in front of us. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

WTF are folk smoking 😂

he has hardly said anything wrong,it is a great draw,this is what football is all about.Maybe some folk should give up supporting a team.

What are you smoking?!  It’s the 2nd worst draw we could possibly have got!  Not hard to understand really. 

kingantti1874
Just now, InternationalJambo said:

The set up is quite clearly working for our attacking players. We look threatening coming forward and have players that can hurt teams, although i'm not fully clicked as a unit yet. The pressing from the front and energy from our midfield is encouraging. Our wingbacks look good and we look comfortable in possession as a unit. 

There is a long way to go of course, but the signs are there. We need 2/3 first team players IMO. 

you must be on the coaching staff. 😂 delusional

2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Holy ****. What. A. Thread.

Good start to the season for us, haven't conceded, scored plenty, won all games and in to the next round. 

The roasters have been stinking out the board all pre-season desperate for any hint of a negative result to seethe over.

The clowns doing their nut over one pre-season friendly defeat were hilarious. :rofl:

Fozzyonthefence

The set up is quite clearly working for our attacking players. We look threatening coming forward and have players that can hurt teams, although we've not fully clicked as a unit yet. The pressing from the front and energy from our midfield is encouraging. Our wingbacks look good and we look comfortable in possession as a unit. 

We won’t know know if it is working until we start playing Premiership teams.

InternationalJambo
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

you must be on the coaching staff. 😂 delusional

You're calling it how you see it, i will call it how i see it bud, but delusional? Nah. Your post before this one sums up how much you know about football, can tell you havent kicked a ball in your puff. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

He's obviously more clever than you as he's managing the Hearts and you're posting on here. 😄

He's more clever than me aswell,anyway that's my pizzas just arrived👍

maybe cade is a top surgeon saving lives every day ?

id rate that more cleverer than being a football manager - phoodles one so is billy Dodds and that hibs guy that manages Dundee 

InternationalJambo
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

We won’t know know if it is working until we start playing Premiership teams.

Exactly my point of posting here, the negativity is ridiculous 

Mars plastic
4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

And goes to the rugby when Hearts have an important cup game. 🤣

😐

I pity the poor souls who sit either side of him at tynie when the rugby isn’t on. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It's interesting to see the posters that have been noticeable by their absence are suddenly crawling out from under their rocks as soon as a disappointing result happens. 

Interesting in what way?

disappointing result? We won and kept another clean sheet resulting in everyone’s favoured tie in the next round away to Celtic :)

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

"fans"!

I'll crack the jokes.

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

I don't think our setup today suited anyone, boyce too deep gnando too isolated, cochrane too negative. All about opinions. 3x 1st team players coming in is a minimum of what's needed and I really cant see that happening now.

I hope I'm wrong but we look to be stumbling into another transitional season.

Savage Vince
7 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Posts the guy who is lashing out and having a complete nervous breakdown at us being drawn against Celtic. 😁 Laughable stuff from you, as per. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

You're calling it how you see it, i will call it how i see it bud, but delusional? Nah. Your post before this one sums up how much you know about football, can tell you havent kicked a ball in your puff. 

You are trying to convince us hearts are playing free flowing attractive attacking football 😂🤦‍♂️= delusion

i watched and played football for 35 years,  certainly not at a professional level. Ive watched good hearts teams and bad ones and I’ll tell you right now - this is a bad one.  The manager and the coaching staff won’t see Christmas. Take that to the bank 👍🏻

Edited by kingantti1874

InternationalJambo
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

I don't think our setup today suited anyone, boyce too deep gnando too isolated, cochrane too negative. All about opinions. 3x 1st team players coming in is a minimum of what's needed and I really cant see that happening now.

I hope I'm wrong but we look to be stumbling into another transitional season.

I agree with the 3 players needed as a minimum and that's my worry

wattie exploited
32 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Well said 👏 with regards to the cup game as long as Neilson has us having a go instead of containment then he can really do no more. 

exactly as long as we have a go and don't just sit in as that is the normal for hearts against them  not including the last cup final when we should have won but gave it a good go that,s all the fans want is to attack celtic and have a go they aren't great in defence and they have a 5 million euro crap keeper hahaha :jambobanana:

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Why dont you start a new thread called - "Neilson's successes season 21/22" then????

because I’m really not that obsessed with him unlike you. 

If I was to name his first success it’s to play our first 4 competitive games, win them all and not concede. 

An interesting thread and appropriate for this short post match interview I got from Robbie today. 

Plenty baffling positional choices today, which have rightly been brought up. 

Seem to remember we tried Boyce deeper last season at Tynie in a game and we changed it after an hour so. No idea why we tried it again today. 

Should really have scored a lot more today, but Robbie mentioned the Covid postponements as a reason we’re not seeded. 

Only positive is Soapy is okay! 
Article: https://t.co/6KiMC56WPT

InternationalJambo
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

i watched and played football for 35 years,  certainly not at a professional level. Ive watched good hearts teams and bad ones and I’ll tell you right now - this is a bad one.  The manager and the coaching staff won’t see Christmas. Take that to the bank 👍🏻

Football has evolved and i really wish folk would get this in their heads. Look at the Euro's for the first example that comes to mind, were teams playing fast attacking one touch football? It isn't possible anymore with the way teams set up to press unless you have superstars in your team. It is all about balance and however much it pains me to say it, so far this season RN has got the balance in the team spot on. 

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Maybe he changed the shape because Souttar was out injured?

that’s the point I’m making. We’ve still got 9 other outfield players on the field today that have played the 343 all pre season. He said he got a knock on Tuesday and we’ve trained everyday since so he would’ve known he wasn’t gonna play today for at least 2 days. 

Haring could quite easily have slotted into the back 3 today especially considering how much of the ball we had. Instead he changed the shape and it looked disjointed for most of the game. 

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

Posts the guy who is lashing out and having a complete nervous breakdown at us being drawn against Celtic. 😁 Laughable stuff from you, as per. 

Can you point out the posts I’ve had a ‘nervous breakdown’ pertaining to our draw against Celtic? 

Take as long as you like.

glynnlondon
17 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

It's getting beyond a parody now. I'm far from Neilson's biggest fan but i think the blinkers are on for a lot of people already. 

He's already a dead duck for a lot of people myself included

Savage Vince
1 minute ago, Mars plastic said:

Can you point out the posts I’ve had a ‘nervous breakdown’ pertaining to our draw against Celtic? 

Take as long as you like.

I actually think you'll be pleased if they win. 

30 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

whats nauseating is the acceptance of mediocrity.  Neither wonder we are perennial under achievers - who is there to demand success? To make demands in the players to ensure they perform? We are like a ****ing holiday club.   

ive No issue with folk saying a wins a win but we could play better, but folk trying to convince us we were good 😆 that not being seeded and drawn away to celtic is a good outcome :rofl:

From the start of the LC group sections, the main aim, given the opposition, must have been to secure a seeded slot by scoring goals, not letting

Ing the foot off the throttle. Giving folk a run though, playing  your main striker deep when its goals you need. Not a great plan. And the reward is a trip to Park head.

Edited by Riccarton3

Mars plastic
Just now, Savage Vince said:

I actually think you'll be pleased if they win. 

Just answer my previous question first please. 

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Time for change. 

This new system took us bottom of the league.

Garbage.

Put the glue down.

We got rid of the guy that taken us to the bottom of the league ages ago. Stendel was replaced.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Football has evolved and i really wish folk would get this in their heads. Look at the Euro's for the first example that comes to mind, were teams playing fast attacking one touch football? It isn't possible anymore with the way teams set up to press. 

Yet I watch other teams on similar budgets who move the ball far better, with far more purpose than we do. They pass it and they move, they drive into space when it’s available, they vary the play and go directly when required, they shoot from distance, they widen the pitch, they have players who try and beat people, they look well drilled and have variation at corners. We even look shit at throw ins for **** sake.

robbie neilson is a poor manager. When he inevitably leaves hearts it’s championship and below for him.

Edited by kingantti1874

Jambof3tornado
Just now, InternationalJambo said:

I agree with the 3 players needed as a minimum and that's my worry

Still not even sure we know our best lineup. Midfield especially. Gnando doesnt work up top on his own. Boyce and gms have a very good understanding growing which is a big plus. Walker is a game changer when it suits him. Kingsley is no centrehalf. Cochrane very negative. Ginnelly poor today I thought, just didnt give him much of an opportunity to use his best abilities.

Halkett I loved at Livvy but think he looks bang average for us.

Set pieces we seem very poor at attacking. 

Its really hard to judge where we are at as a side given our opposition thus far has been very poor quality.

These signings better be crackers....but I'm really expecting disappointment on that front.

InternationalJambo
2 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

He's already a dead duck for a lot of people myself included

He lost all respect from me after the brora result, FWIW. 

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

that’s the point I’m making. We’ve still got 9 other outfield players on the field today that have played the 343 all pre season. He said he got a knock on Tuesday and we’ve trained everyday since so he would’ve known he wasn’t gonna play today for at least 2 days. 

Haring could quite easily have slotted into the back 3 today especially considering how much of the ball we had. Instead he changed the shape and it looked disjointed for most of the game. 

It’s still puzzling why we’ve never used Haring at CH when cover was needed? And I don’t just mean last season, just generally in his time at Hearts. He originally came as a CH.

Tbh, he’s not the quickest and looks like he’s maybe slowing even more after his injuries. But he is a good defender in his style. Good in the air and comfy on the ball.  He’s a covering Centre Back being totally overlooked, imo.  

Bazzas right boot

The plastic boy having an utter meltdown.

Savage Vince
1 minute ago, Mars plastic said:

Just answer my previous question first please. 

I've moved on from that and I'm calling you an abysmal excuse of a Hearts supporter now, FYI. 😊

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic