Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

lost in space

I hope this is a very short topic and this is the last day that I will use it. Unfortunately, I think it will run til until November when he leaves the club.

FAILURE today - at home v Championship team and cant score 2 goals.

To be fair, lots of shots on target and Ridgers has a great game. We have won the 4 games.

BUT - plays Halliday in defence and Boyce in midfield. Hearts only need 2 goals and can afford to lose 1 - but cant do it. PATHETIC.

Some would say team selection was innovative or creative - others would say - " he doesnt have a clue"!!

Boyce is our best chance of a goal - so in midfield.  Took the team too long to take control of the game- into second half.

Our group is poor but we cant score enough and other poor Prem teams go through instead of us.

Pass/pass/pass.........

Neilson doesnt learn.

We get Celtic away - well done Neilson - another failure coming our way??

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

He’s just been interviewed on Premier sports - he’d rather be drawn away to Celtic that some of the other clubs! 

Why? Can someone explain? 

Neilson has  just said twice on BBC "It is a great draw for us".    That rivals  his "money spinner" fiasco.

Only Rangers  at Ibrox  gives  us less chance of winning.  His comment  beggars belief.  

1 minute ago, ExPatTam said:

He’s just been interviewed on Premier sports - he’d rather be drawn away to Celtic that some of the other clubs! 

He’s an idiot. Once again setting himself up for a massive fall when we inevitably lose.

Niemi’s gloves

Lots of upside, little downside. Compare with Alloa lots of downside, little upside.

kingantti1874

cause he’s a ****ing clown. Just the latest in a long list of shit to come out of his face. 

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

Money Spinner. 

Ye he should have just said we have no chance at parkhead eh🤣

Just now, ExPatTam said:

There is no pressure on an away game at Celtic, no one bats an eye if you lose. However if we got beat by say Dundee we'd all be after his blood.

Playing Boyce, our best striker by miles in an attacking mid role is certainly a WTF?? 

A wins a win though, greeting about it deserves a :vrface:,embarrassing. 

Not even bothered about getting Celtic away, we would have to beat one of them in Glasgow if we want to win it. 

Thought we have been very unlucky not to be seeded and don’t think Neilson should take too much blame for that, however the post match comments are baffling.

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

He’s an idiot. Once again setting himself up for a massive fall when we inevitably lose.

If it’s inevitable that we lose, how can it be a massive fail?

RustyRightPeg

Daft thread.

One thing I would say is he’s banged on about the new shape then we lose one player (Souttar) and he changes back to his old one. Isn’t really a failing because we won the game but one player shouldn’t dictate the way a team plays.  

kingantti1874
Just now, J80MBO said:

Ye he should have just said we have no chance at parkhead eh🤣

Maybe he should have said “it’s a tough draw but we will go and try to win” 

that’s what a normal person would say.  He’s just coming up for the latest failure and fooling no one

No 1 has to be playing Finlay Pollock. 

Missed the most number of chances over the 4 games.

And we needed one more goal. 

Funny thing is, Neilson moaned all last season about teams sitting against us, making it difficult for us to break them down. That's fair enough, that happened and we struggled in most games. We will go into the Celtic game next week and again in the cup game with a wee team mentality, most likely fail to do the basics and get scudded easily. 

best in the land
4 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

Easier on him getting put out by celtic at parkhead rather than a smaller club which would happen anyway. 

10 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Deploying Boyce so deep was utterly baffling.

I like the interchanging he’s trying to implement but you still want some players to predominantly play where they are best. 

We hardly saw Ginnelly down the right side in the second half taking players on  In fact, he looked like he was asked to roam and became bemused. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Debut 4

best in the land
3 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

There is no pressure on an away game at Celtic, no one bats an eye if you lose. However if we got beat by say Dundee we'd all be after his blood.

Beat me to it

2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

If it’s inevitable that we lose, how can it be a massive fail?

Because of his stupid comments about how it’s a great draw. Fairly obvious.

David Black
4 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Your first sentence sums him up. He thinks he is a Scottish Pep, but in reality he is just another average Joe.

Leveins Battalion

WTF are folk smoking 😂

he has hardly said anything wrong,it is a great draw,this is what football is all about.Maybe some folk should give up supporting a team.

Savage Vince
6 minutes ago, Rc55 said:

Neilson has  just said twice on BBC "It is a great draw for us".    That rivals  his "money spinner" fiasco.

Only Rangers  at Ibrox  gives  us less chance of winning.  His comment  beggars belief.  

What would you expect him to say? 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Playing Boyce, our best striker by miles in an attacking mid role is certainly a WTF?? 

A wins a win though, greeting about it deserves a :vrface:,embarrassing. 

Not even bothered about getting Celtic away, we would have to beat one of them in Glasgow if we want to win it. 

Sigh…..

This just isn’t true. Hibs got to the SC Final last season and they didn’t play either side of the OF.

And when we won the SC in 2006 both OF teams were out by the 4th Round.

lost in space
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Daft thread.

One thing I would say is he’s banged on about the new shape then we lose one player (Souttar) and he changes back to his old one. Isn’t really a failing because we won the game but one player shouldn’t dictate the way a team plays.  

Why dont you start a new thread called - "Neilson's successes season 21/22" then????

4 wins and no goals conceded. We are unseeded because other teams got 3-0 covid wins.  Folk crying about drawing celtic? Absolute shitebags

MR INCREDIBLE

Absolutely genius from Robbie!

Keeps 100%record in the cup and sets up a “Moneyspinner”

Perth to Paisley
10 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

Rather go out to Celtic than a pishy wee team again."

Less heat

Ccjambo1874

We've done all we could in terms of our games. Professional job each game. Created enough tonight to win 2 games. 

Let's not forget Dundee and St Mirren were gifted a 3 nil win each which helped them. The formers being against another SPFL team which they might not have won.

The comment was silly about saying he'd rather play at CP. In retrospect they are in transition still and it's probably the best time to play them. I'm sure we have an okay cup record in the league Cup there also. I do remember velicka netting a brace and I'm sure a Mikey Stewart pen won us games? 

1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

What would you expect him to say? 

We should've really made sure of at least a 2-0 victory to make us seeded. That's what he should've said.

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Why dont you start a new thread called - "Neilson's successes season 21/22" then????

First item would be winning four out of four, no goals conceded. But it would soon be infested by folk like you. 

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Sigh…..

This just isn’t true. Hibs got to the SC Final last season and they didn’t play either side of the OF.

And when we won the SC in 2006 both OF teams were out by the 4th Round.

Couldn’t give a shiny shite mate. It's a cup draw, if you want to win it, you have to beat the team you're drawn against. Folk greeting about drawing Celtic away because we might lose says more about them, i.e. feart wee shite hawks. 

Edited by Cruyff

6 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Easier on him getting put out by celtic at parkhead rather than a smaller club which would happen anyway. 

That's some answer from Bob.

Just now, Ccjambo1874 said:

We've done all we could in terms of our games. Professional job each game. Created enough tonight to win 2 games. 

Let's not forget Dundee and St Mirren were gifted a 3 nil win each which helped them. The formers being against another SPFL team which they might not have won.

The comment was silly about saying he'd rather play at CP. In retrospect they are in transition still and it's probably the best time to play them. I'm sure we have an okay cup record in the league Cup there also. I do remember velicka netting a brace and I'm sure a Mikey Stewart pen won us games? 

Every single fixture is against an SPFL team :lol:

1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

4 wins and no goals conceded. We are unseeded because other teams got 3-0 covid wins.  Folk crying about drawing celtic? Absolute shitebags

We are unneeded because we could only score one against Inverness at home.

Do you think Celtic is the ideal draw?

Selkirkhmfc1874

Here we go !!! We had enough chances to win 3 games today so how can anybody blame the manager for players not taking chances and there goalkeeper having great game

3 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

This in spades. One of the most embarrassing threads in JKB history. 

Savage Vince
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

We should've really made sure of at least a 2-0 victory to make us seeded. That's what he should've said.

That's certainly what he should be thinking but not what he should be saying on live television when asked about playing Celtic in Glasgow. And if he'd said it, he'd been slaughtered for having the same defeatist attitude as many of the Hearts fans posting on this forum tonight. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Couldn’t give a shiny shite mate. It's a cup draw, if you want to win it, you have to beat the team you're drawn against. Folk greeting about drawing Celtic away because we might lose says more about them, i.e. feart wee shite hawks. 

We need all the help we can get to win a trophy…playing one of the two clear favourites so early hugely decreases our chances.

That’s just a fact.

lost in space
1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

First item would be winning four out of four, no goals conceded. But it would soon be infested by folk like you. 

"infested"? - a bit harsh. 

I would probably have said - the intention was to qualify and be seeded - so failed.

10 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Thought we have been very unlucky not to be seeded and don’t think Neilson should take too much blame for that, however the post match comments are baffling.

That's the problem,  we always look for a way to explain away our failures,  that's why we're a banter club .

Yes St Mirren were lucky but It should have been taken out of everyone else's hands

The chances we missed today were utterly embarrassing at this level, add that to the pedestrian garbage in the first half and we got what we deserved imo . 

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

We are unneeded because we could only score one against Inverness at home.

Do you think Celtic is the ideal draw?

Of all the reasons we have ended up unseeded after winning 4 games with 0 goals conceded, I think the ones I gave are more relevant. It's not uncommon for a team to deserve 2 or 3 goals and only win 1 nil.  It is uncommon for 2 of our rivals to get 3 nil wins because of forfeit.

Mr Elwood P
23 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I hope this is a very short topic and this is the last day that I will use it. Unfortunately, I think it will run til until November when he leaves the club.

FAILURE today - at home v Championship team and cant score 2 goals.

To be fair, lots of shots on target and Ridgers has a great game. We have won the 4 games.

BUT - plays Halliday in defence and Boyce in midfield. Hearts only need 2 goals and can afford to lose 1 - but cant do it. PATHETIC.

Some would say team selection was innovative or creative - others would say - " he doesnt have a clue"!!

Boyce is our best chance of a goal - so in midfield.  Took the team too long to take control of the game- into second half.

Our group is poor but we cant score enough and other poor Prem teams go through instead of us.

Pass/pass/pass.........

Neilson doesnt learn.

We get Celtic away - well done Neilson - another failure coming our way??

Assume it’s yer brain that’s ‘lost in space’ ?

Edited by Mr Elwood P

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic