David Obua

Shanks said no

Shanks said no

Steve Bunce is doing a series on little known Olympians on 5live and today did one on Uganda’s John Akil Bua. Pretty tragic tale involving Idi Amin after he won gold at the Munich Olympics against all the odds.

Big Obua got a name check as he was David’s uncle. Had a look on wiki and Obua is now assistant manager for Maroons FC in Kampala, formerly known as Prison FC and play home games at Luzira Maximum Security Prison. And their nickname is Mbili Mbili

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

4 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

He was pish but that goal and celebration was almost worth it.

He’d been at Hearts about 2 days and I saw him in Opal Lounge. I think he had priorities beyond football, mainly having a good time of life. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He’d been at Hearts about 2 days and I saw him in Opal Lounge. I think he had priorities beyond football, mainly having a good time of life. 

Held the door for him as he was coming out Harvey Nics, didn't even thank me the prick 😂

Always thought he had a nice smile.

Probably the most lanky player I have ever seen.

Will always remember the near heart attack he gave me when I thought he had missed the open goal he scored against Hibs at ER.

Ainsley Harriott

Wasnt as bad as the racist element of our support would paint him as. Was no world better though 

30 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

scored a great header at ibrox in 2011 ish 

Was on the Hearts Facebook page the other day there, on the Goals of the Day from yesteryear. 

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

Was on the Hearts Facebook page the other day there, on the Goals of the Day from yesteryear. 

Have you heard of fraggle rock though?

He used to frequent Le Monde on George St regularly when I worked there aged 19. I told him I was a Jambo and he refused to be served by anyone else on the bar. He would order a double Hennessy XO and cranberry juice which ended up around £21. He would always pay £40 in 20's and said keep the change. We kept our own tips at that bar and he would often have about 9 per night plus drinks for his cronies. So that kept me afloat for a while when I was a student! My bank balance took a serious drop when he left sadly.

So he was alright in my books :D 

Total meh player. Had some good games, and the winner at ER is enough to go down as a good **** in my books, but failed to live up to his potential and sadly probably had more bad games than good.

Personal highlight of him is us breaking towards the Roseburn on the counter in the first half against Inverness I think, and he ran towards the corner flag rather than straight for the clear sight of goal. :lol: 

13 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Have you heard of fraggle rock though?

Nah, never heard of that before. 

colinmaroon
14 hours ago, cinglis8 said:

He used to frequent Le Monde on George St regularly when I worked there aged 19. I told him I was a Jambo and he refused to be served by anyone else on the bar. He would order a double Hennessy XO and cranberry juice which ended up around £21. He would always pay £40 in 20's and said keep the change. We kept our own tips at that bar and he would often have about 9 per night plus drinks for his cronies. So that kept me afloat for a while when I was a student! My bank balance took a serious drop when he left sadly.

So he was alright in my books :D 

Good on you!

Diadora Van Basten

The best thing about Obua was that funny snake dance thing he did in front of reporters at Riccarton when we went into admin.

Bazzas right boot

I remember a pass, iirc v rangers, first time volley outside of boot, about 50 yards pinged straight to our player on the wing. 

It was like a strike, an arrow. 

Unbelievable. 

Fort Vallance
22 hours ago, Tazio said:

Couldn't believe his luck. Doesn't make him a bad guy. Just another to add to the list that we wasted a heap of cash on.