*** Official Heart Of Midlothian versus Inverness Caledonian Thistle match thread ***

cookieboy

Bazzas right boot

Cannae wait, thanks to the magical medium of jkb I'm now going to the game! 

:robboyas:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picking up on a previous poster, I would like to see Damour start and play 90 minutes.

It's modest opposition.  Let's see what he's got.

We are not guaranteed to be seeded even if we win tomorrow, depending on StMirrens result tomorrow we will need to win possibly by a few goals to be seeded and avoid potentially the Old Firm etc

10 hours ago, jamaroon said:

Ive got 1 spare ticket for the game if anyone wants it, block Z. Can be collected from my house or I can meet before the game. 

Is this still available,  I know somebody who is interested. 

48 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

We are not guaranteed to be seeded even if we win tomorrow, depending on StMirrens result tomorrow we will need to win possibly by a few goals to be seeded and avoid potentially the Old Firm etc

Win by two goals we are seeded or a 2-1 win (by scoring more away goals-> 4 to 2) plus anything 3-2, 4-3 etc we are seeded by scoring more goals than Dundee Utd. Dundee are seeded and St Mirren also probably seeded if they beat Partick. 

Hungry hippo
7 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Win by two goals we are seeded or a 2-1 win (by scoring more away goals-> 4 to 2) plus anything 3-2, 4-3 etc we are seeded by scoring more goals than Dundee Utd. Dundee are seeded and St Mirren also probably seeded if they beat Partick. 

In other words, win by anything other than 1-0.

Bazzas right boot

Good to see certain folk staying away from a thread that is to do with football, funny that happens when We are winning. 

Need to win, secure seeding and it would extend our unbeaten run ( excluding friendlies and training games). 

Hit celtic next week with confidence. 

Can't wait to smell that smell! 

Guest ToqueJambo

I feel Neilson is taking this cup amore seriously than before this season, which is great to see, but I do wonder if he'll be less worried about being seeded and more interested in trying a couple of players and maybe resting someone like Souttar in advance of the Celtic game. We're through to the next round which is all that matters. I'd be as confident against a seeded team as an unseeded one in the next round.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I feel Neilson is taking this cup amore seriously than before this season, which is great to see, but I do wonder if he'll be less worried about being seeded and more interested in trying a couple of players and maybe resting someone like Souttar in advance of the Celtic game. We're through to the next round which is all that matters. I'd be as confident against a seeded team as an unseeded one in the next round.

Or he might rest Souttar and Boyce against Celtic.  Ange seems to be in a massive heap of trouble.  Hopefully, he's completely out of his depth.

Nookie Bear
13 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Picking up on a previous poster, I would like to see Damour start and play 90 minutes.

If he comes in then it’s a massive indictment of our squad management over the past…**** knows how long. 

He will not be a revelation, this isn’t a Disney film. 

Any links I can watch the game today I’m in hospital had a double knee replacement went in on Tuesday was hoping to be home by Saturday or Sunday but no joy any links would make a very sore guy happy

Captain Scarlett
Just now, j1964m said:

Any links I can watch the game today I’m in hospital had a double knee replacement went in on Tuesday was hoping to be home by Saturday or Sunday but no joy any links would make a very sore guy happy

Should be on he’s goals 

I think any score above 1 and ending in Inverness 0 would be quite acceptable.

Jambof3tornado
14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

If he is genuinely being given a chance then yup play the lad,if its all talk to bum him up for a move it won't work.

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If he is genuinely being given a chance then yup play the lad,if its all talk to bum him up for a move it won't work.

When Damour came on against Sunderland he couldn't control the ball and made a cross that wouldn't have looked out of place in the lions game - kicking into touch. 

Id rather he didn't play at all. 

Its unlikely we can pay his contract up, and he looks absolutely bereft of confidence (and talent) so can't see anyone taking him on even on a free. 

May as well tell him to put his feet up for 2 years so he doesn't stink up the team with mistakes. Not ideal.

Mr Elwood P

Hearts 5-0 ICT

Kickbackers moaning about the shambles of the defence and the lack of creativity up front post match …

1 hour ago, j1964m said:

Come back on the thread close to kick off. there is usually links on viprow or soccerstreams100.net. 

copa-mundial

Would really like to see us start quickly today, and keep the tempo for long spells of the game. 

A mass win today would be a huge confidence booster going into the game next weekend. 

Win today. Hopefully be seeded for the draw. 

Get through the game with no injuries. 

Good professional performance. 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Come back on the thread close to kick off. there is usually links on viprow or soccerstreams100.net. 

1 hour ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Should be on he’s goals 

Thanks for the help much appreciated 

Jambof3tornado

Today is dead rubber match, we are qualified ICT are out, interesting to see whether our players are fighting for starts or jog through the 90 minutes.

Caley can throw caution to the wind but wont want a heavy defeat.

Not got a clue how this will play out.

Hope to see more of Pollock growing into the role and gaining more confidence.

JudyJudyJudy

Just a quick question how are hearts Dishing out tickets to matches now :due to limited capacity ? Do u have to enter a draw or something ? 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Just a quick question how are hearts Dishing out tickets to matches now :due to limited capacity ? Do u have to enter a draw or something ? 

:sadrobbo:

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

:sadrobbo:

Thanks for that answer lol yes I aSsume it’s a draw type thing 

davemclaren
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Thanks for that answer lol yes I aSsume it’s a draw type thing 

In a Peebles way, yes. 😂

Saint Jambo

Being seeded is the priority. One of our two chances of a trophy, we need to be giving ourselves every advantage. Neilson also needs two good cup runs to help turn round the opinion of some fans. 12 points in the group stage with 4 comfortable wins isn't changing anyone's mind, but it is one less thing to beat him with.

With that in mind, I don't think we have the luxury of all out changes today. Maybe one or two. So the question is which to go for. These wouldbe the one's I'd consider.

- M. Smith in to centre back and one of the youngsters (probably C. Smith) at right wing back. Right wing back is a problem for us if Smith is injured. Being able to move Smith into centre back as cover would also be helpful as I get the impression Popescu is considered a liability.

- Swap Kingsley and Cochrane. I said on another thread that I think they might be more suited the other way around.

- Play Damour. I agree with those saying that if we are going to give him a chance, we actually need to give him a chance. But to be honest, if Neilson was going to give him a chance I think he would have featured by now. If he doesn't play today, time to get down to negotiating cancelling his contract.

- Start Pollock. I'd rather see McEneff get more game time and bring Pollock on later.

- Play Walker. He is about the only player on the bench that I'd have hopes for making an impact if we are 1-0 down to Celtic after 60minutes next week, but I'm concerned he has played so little football. He appears to be another one Neilson really doesn't fancy.

- Start Gnanduillet or Henderson. Not the change I'd go for. If a win is a priority, play Boyce. If things are going well at half-time, bringing both on and changing shape to a front two would be an interesting exercise in seeing how we can adapt.

I know some posters are suggesting playing several youngsters, but I've always felt that is a bit of a disservice to them. Better to give one or two a real chance in a strong team, than ask them to look good in a team that has been weakend in various areas.

On balance the two changes I'd go for from the start are moving the two full backs into centre back and playing Kingsley and Connor Smith as wing backs.

The last game before the league opener next week so I'd expect the players to be bang at it and in top physical condition by this point. This isn't just a meaningless game, this is a chance to keep the momentum going and build confidence. 

2-0 Boyce and GMS the scorers.

William H. Bonney
55 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Today is dead rubber match, we are qualified ICT are out, interesting to see whether our players are fighting for starts or jog through the 90 minutes.

Caley can throw caution to the wind but wont want a heavy defeat.

Not got a clue how this will play out.

Hope to see more of Pollock growing into the role and gaining more confidence.

With less than a week to go til we play Celtic, and any new signings unlikely, I’d hope he plays our strongest possible 11. 

Jambof3tornado
38 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

It’s not a dead rubber mate. We need to win to be seeded in the next round. 

Ahh I forgot about seedings. Fair enough.

No excuses for sitting back, all guns blazing 

Attack

Attack

Attack

A Shoreditch Heart

We should start with the line up that kicks off the league campaign next Saturday. We hopefully get a good win and go into the new season full of confidence - c'mon The Hearts!

Heart of Darkness

We should be going out and be aiming for at least 5 - 0!!

Keep the momentum going and get the confidence high for next week. 

https://t.co/6YkNMq0GxB

Caught up with Gordon Forrest on Friday at the press conference. 

Like McCulloch, he’s someone I’ve never interviewed before. Came across really well and I was impressed with a lot of what he had to say. 

Link at the top 

Edited by Jamiemac

16 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

In bounce game on Friday he played further up, looks fit enough but does not fit into Neilsons system, unlikely he will feature this season in my opinion.

On 24/07/2021 at 10:40, kingantti1874 said:

yeah I’d so with something like this. These guys need games as well. 

is Logan fit yet? 

Connor Smith seems to be chosen standby at right wing back at moment.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Connor Smith seems to be chosen standby at right wing back at moment.

Quite right as far as I’ve seen so far. 

30 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I have logged in to the Hearts Home/TV page and I'm getting the countdown! Looks promising🤞

Yip.  In (double) Dutch for me.   

Stone starts for the Jags....

Soz, thought I was in totha thread! 

Edited by GavK1012
Doh

Apparently Souttar is out with a knock he got in the last minute of the Stirling game. I would like to see young Flatman get a chance. Heard nothing but good things.

Team guesses?

I'll go:

Gordon

Smith

Souttar

Halkett

Cochrane

Watson

McEneff

Haring

Henderson

Boyce

GMS

Giving Kingsley & Gino a break from the start since they've both had a lot of minutes so far after coming back from their injuries.

Hopefully Gnando, C.Smith & Pollock all feature too

41 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Team guesses?

I'll go:

Gordon

Smith

Souttar

Halkett

Cochrane

Watson

McEneff

Haring

Henderson

Boyce

GMS

Giving Kingsley & Gino a break from the start since they've both had a lot of minutes so far after coming back from their injuries.

Hopefully Gnando, C.Smith & Pollock all feature too

He needs as many minutes on the pitch as possible to prove his fitness.

45 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Apparently Souttar is out with a knock he got in the last minute of the Stirling game. I would like to see young Flatman get a chance. Heard nothing but good things.

Robbie might move Haring back and play Pollock.