*** Official Heart Of Midlothian versus Inverness Caledonian Thistle match thread ***

cookieboy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think it will be 3 - 1 for us. 

hope your wrong Dave . want to keep the clean sheets going 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle is this the longest named fixture in Scottish fitbaw? 

4-0 Boyce double, GMS and Souttar 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

davemclaren
Just now, cookieboy said:

hope your wrong Dave . want to keep the clean sheets going 

Nothing lasts forever. 😄

Just now, The Maroon Pound said:

Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle is this the longest named fixture Scottish fitbaw? 

4-0 Boyce double, GMS and Souttar 

I thought about putting Football Club after both 🙂 

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, cookieboy said:

I thought about putting Football Club after both 🙂 

Go for it, it will jazz 🎺 it up a bit 

The Goalscoring Knee
32 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle is this the longest named fixture in Scottish fitbaw? 

Sorry, Mr Pound - I come as Friday evening statto bore to ruin a nice idea. Both Dunfermline and Hamilton outdo us lengthwise, as it were.

2-0 us, btw

Edited by The Goalscoring Knee

My life is so lacking in excitement that Official Match Threads are the absolute highlight.  I devote every brain cell to coming up with a prediction.  So far this season I've been in sparkling form.

4-0 win.  Would love to see Pollock score again or any other youngster.

heartsfc_fan

Looking forward to it. Ticket sorted 👍

Still an important game for us seeding wise.

3-1 hearts

Going to be slightly more optimistic in this one, I don't think ICT have looked particularly impressive in their other LC matches so far, infact they just got beat 3-1 off cove in the last match there, with that in mind I am predicting a comfortable afternoon for Heart of midlothian and a 3-0 scoreline.

Ted Hastings

Would like to see the youngsters given some decent game time. Hope to see Pollock, C Smith and Henderson given good runouts. Especially C Smith in his natural midfield position. 

3-0 is my prediction and I am buzzing to set foot in tynecastle again after so long. 

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

M Smith  Pollock  C Smith  Cochrane

Henderson    Boyce      Ginelly

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
23 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Would like to see the youngsters given some decent game time. Hope to see Pollock, C Smith and Henderson given good runouts. Especially C Smith in his natural midfield position. 

3-0 is my prediction and I am buzzing to set foot in tynecastle again after so long. 

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

M Smith  Pollock  C Smith  Cochrane

Henderson    Boyce      Ginelly

Agree with getting more game time for the younger players.  Henderson in particular - I think he has got it, but this is the season to show it.

Gordon Smith Halkett Popesku Kingsley Cochrane McEneff Halliday Haring Gnando and Boyce 3-5-2 Gino/ Soapy/Pollock rested

Jambof3tornado

If stirling beat peterhead today its a dead rubber for inverness tomorrow so they may just be looking to play for pride. We have qualified so may not give a shite.

If we play like we dont give a shite I hope the rest of the attendees join me in letting the team know what we think.

Lets go to town on ICT(Sorry Robbo), 5 nil please.

12 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Gordon Smith Halkett Popesku Kingsley Cochrane McEneff Halliday Haring Gnando and Boyce 3-5-2 Gino/ Soapy/Pollock rested

Popescu in particular needs game time. If Halkett or Souttar get injured we’re ****ed so we need to give Mihai minutes.  

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Popescu in particular needs game time. If Halkett or Souttar get injured we’re ****ed so we need to give Mihai minutes.  

You could play Popescu as much as you like, he’s not getting any better, we need a new CB

re tomorrow v ICT , play our strongest team, qualify as a seeded team for the next round and keep the momentum going 

13 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

https://t.co/V2v4Ilu2yK

Caught up with Lee McCulloch ahead of this one. 

Another really enjoyable and interesting interview to be apart of. No surprise to see Naismith impressing in his new role. 👍🏻

At least Naismith can do the job he tried to do  on the pitch - with limited response- without the minor distraction of looking after his own game

Holyrood_Hearts

Gordon

Halkett Popescu Cochrane 

M.Smith C.Smith McEneff Halliday

Walker Gnanduillet  Hendo 

Think we will win but I am more interested in seeing how we get on in the upcoming league games. We have yet to be tested.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Gordon

Halkett Popescu Cochrane 

M.Smith C.Smith McEneff Halliday

Walker Gnanduillet  Hendo 

yeah I’d so with something like this. These guys need games as well. 

is Logan fit yet? 

8 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

You could play Popescu as much as you like, he’s not getting any better, we need a new CB

re tomorrow v ICT , play our strongest team, qualify as a seeded team for the next round and keep the momentum going 

Not a fan either but he must need game time. Wouldn’t like him to get any worse. 

They've had some very mixed results recently but mostly poor ones, I reckon we could hammer them today. Hopefully start a few of the younger lads since it's not essential to win but I'd love to keep the clean sheets coming.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not a fan either but he must need game time. Wouldn’t like him to get any worse. 

Exactly. 

Ive got 1 spare ticket for the game if anyone wants it, block Z. Can be collected from my house or I can meet before the game. 

22 minutes ago, Sertse said:

They've had some very mixed results recently but mostly poor ones, I reckon we could hammer them today. Hopefully start a few of the younger lads since it's not essential to win but I'd love to keep the clean sheets coming.

Had to double check as I started doubting myself but the game's tomorrow at 5.15pm mate. 👍

Edited by Awbdy Oot

I hope we put out our strongest XI. Will keep the team ticking over with Celtic in mind. Changes can be made later if we're coasting or struggling in the game.

Happy enough with the 2 and 3-0 wins thus far but seeded in the last 16 is up for grabs. We'll know what is required by ko and a handsome win makes everybody happy.

Hearts 5-0, with Boyce, GMS and Gino in amongst the goals, and Billy Dodds another step closer back to his radio gig (there's always a down side). 

36 minutes ago, Sertse said:

And hammer them again tomorrow for good measure. 😉

Edited by Wee Mikey

Tommy Brown

Going to go against the grain here.

I would start with Damour.

Otherwise why is on the bench every game. Like it or not he is here for another 2 seasons. Our midfield is threadbare, give him game time tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Otherwise why is on the bench every game. Like it or not he is here for another 2 seasons. Our midfield is threadbare, give him game time tomorrow. 

Anybody who might be needed in the first few games should get a run out. Would be great to finish the groups with a win but we need to get the squad up to speed. With Damour, it’d depend where robbie sees him in the pecking order. If he’s a fifth choice centre mid, behind Haring, Pollock, McEneff and Halliday then I don’t see much point. 

Franksluckypants

A new CB signed for the match tomorrow would be nice, and helping us keep another clean sheet in our 3.0 victory!

43 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Had to double check as I started doubting myself but the game's tomorrow at 5.15pm mate. 👍

So it is! Losing track of my days😂

29 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Agreed, make him earn his pay

2 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

Think we will win but I am more interested in seeing how we get on in the upcoming league games. We have yet to be tested.

Agreed, we seem to be ticking along nicely so far. Real indication of where we stand in the coming season will be first few league games. In Neilson’s defence he might not have his first 11 on the pitch come the start of the league, due to the transfer window being so slow. I’m intrigued come the start of the league to see what his preferred set up formation wise will be? 2-0 Hearts v ICT

Gordon 

Soapy Halkett Kingsley 

Smith                         Cochrane 

Pollock Halliday 

Gino                                  GMS 

Boyce

3-0