• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

"To ensure compliance with social distancing guidelines all supporters will be seated 1 meter apart in the stadium, this applies to all supporters – including those in the same household." 

That's not a requirement, plenty other clubs allow household bubbles. Surely by sticking to that it severely hampers how many we'll be allowed in? Shooting ourselves in the foot.

3 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

"To ensure compliance with social distancing guidelines all supporters will be seated 1 meter apart in the stadium, this applies to all supporters – including those in the same household." 

That's not a requirement, plenty other clubs allow household bubbles. Surely by sticking to that it severely hampers how many we'll be allowed in? Shooting ourselves in the foot.

Yes it certainly seems like that.

8 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Farcical. 

I interpreted it as being a ballot for all league games (not just Celtic) and you have to enter by the 26th of July.

Personally I won’t be going to any games in the near future but it appears that I still have to enter the ballot (by the 26th July) to have a chance of getting a ticket later in the season.

Seems mad that I’ll be in a ballot for ticket for games I don’t want to attend!

However the club has said unwanted tickets can be returned!!!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Will we be allowed more than 6000? Can see it being another farcical number while Hibs get another couple of thousand.

I imagine most, if not all, STs will apply. Really don't want to have to watch this on the TV!

16 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

What arsewipe came up with that idea, christ on a bike!

10 minutes ago, kila said:

Will we be allowed more than 6000? Can see it being another farcical number while Hibs get another couple of thousand.

I imagine most, if not all, STs will apply. Really don't want to have to watch this on the TV!

25 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Why are we like other SPFL clubs not demanding more tickets for our fans ?
Does Annie not want to upset anyone ? 😇

Francis Albert

A bit puzzled by everyone opting to enter the ballot being automatically included in ballots for every other game. Shouldn't those successful in a ballot go to the end pf the queue until demand is satisfied?

Bazzas right boot

This is showing 2000 on a Saturday on the BBC? 

Is that right? 

Holyrood_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is that right? 

Yep for Tv purposes

Edited by Holyrood_Hearts
Mistake

heartsfc_fan

Is that right? 

Yes

Is that right? 

Yes 8 o’clock on a Saturday night on Sky

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Yep for Tv purposes

5 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Yes

5 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Yes 8 o’clock on a Saturday night on Sky

Cheers. 

Normally I don't mind but ffs, Saturday night is disco dancing night and it's the first game. 

I had a day planned - 

Drink

Game

Drink

Drink 

Disco dance to celebrate. 

TV can **** off, especially sky, they can **** off then **** off some more. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A bit puzzled by everyone opting to enter the ballot being automatically included in ballots for every other game. Shouldn't those successful in a ballot go to the end pf the queue until demand is satisfied?

Nah, folk would just hold off. 

Because you got to see us beat Cove you can't watch celtic or Aberdeen?

Positives and negatives anyway they play it. 

Ofc some will always find the. Negatives, always, All the time. No matter what. 

davemclaren
43 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Would be interesting to get the club’s view on why this is happening. 

Entered ballot obviously however I'm quite staggered the club are persisting with the protocols put in place for previous matches so far.

As pointed out by more than a few on here capacity could be so much more.

We really are a tinpot club too often.

Can't wait for change at the top.

Hearts of Vladland

I wonder when season tickets will go on general sale and if you’ll be able to adjust your group to suit should the restrictions still be there. One of the guys in our group didn’t renew due to finances because of the pandemic but can now afford one and I sure there will be quite a few in his predicament but the season starts next week and they still can’t buy a season ticket?

been here before

So lets see.

The ballot is now open and will remain so until 26th July.

It is for the Sellick game and each subsequent one. The club are waiting to hear from the council about numbers.

You are not entered automatically you must log into etickets to do it.

If you get a ticket for a game you cant make you can return it.

No doubt itll be a bit too straightforward for some on here to cope with.

'Sorry if its been asked before but does anyone know if my mate whose got size ten feet can still enter the ballot for Cove tickets?'

'When does the ballot open for the Celtic game?'

"I never check the Hearts website, Twitter or check my emails, Ive had a ST since 1972, why wasnt I told about this?

'Whats my email address?'

Edited by been here before

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Entered ballot obviously however I'm quite staggered the club are persisting with the protocols put in place for previous matches so far.

As pointed out by more than a few on here capacity could be so much more.

We really are a tinpot club too often.

Can't wait for change at the top.

It's not the club ! The club gotta do as the goverment say 

portobellojambo1
40 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I interpreted it as being a ballot for all league games (not just Celtic) and you have to enter by the 26th of July.

Personally I won’t be going to any games in the near future but it appears that I still have to enter the ballot (by the 26th July) to have a chance of getting a ticket later in the season.

♥️♥️♥️♥️

I had to reread the bit about returning tickets, as at first I thought it was saying that if you were allocated tickets and returned them you were excluding yourself from all future draws. But I think, on rereading what it means is that if, for example, you did get a ticket for the Celtic game but returned it and said you would like a ticket for game "x" instead you cannot do that. You can return your tickets but then just take your chance in every other draw.

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's not the club ! The club gotta do as the goverment say 

Other clubs a managing larger attendances by allowing family groups etc.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I had to reread the bit about returning tickets, as at first I thought it was saying that if you were allocated tickets and returned them you were excluding yourself from all future draws. But I think, on rereading what it means is that if, for example, you did get a ticket for the Celtic game but returned it and said you would like a ticket for game "x" instead you cannot do that. You can return your tickets but then just take your chance in every other draw.

Correct. 👍

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, folk would just hold off. 

Because you got to see us beat Cove you can't watch celtic or Aberdeen?

Positives and negatives anyway they play it. 

Ofc some will always find the. Negatives, always, All the time. No matter what. 

But those who were just keen to see a game would benefit. Anyway I am neutral because any system that means I have two days notice of entry is worthless for me. Sorry to lack the required level of positivity!

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Which of course makes social distancing easier where it matters.

If indeed it really matters much anyway.

54 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

We have asked for more tickets ?

portobellojambo1
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Correct. 👍

I'm going to hope I'm lucky with the ballots dave. My email provider is Mozilla Thunderbird and I was looking at adding another email address to set up the entry on Hearts TV to then watch any home games where I miss out on any ballots. And Mozilla Thunderbird do allow you to set up a second email address but there are costs involved in doing so. I've contacted the club and asked if I can just add the code to my existing Hearts TV entry, and asked if that will in turn end the options already available under my existing Hearts TV entry. If I can do it then I will do so then cancel the direct debit I have had set up for years, making payments for Hearts TV, meaning it will effectively cost the club money. I have suggested one or two ways they could have created separate tabs, one for general use and a second one for watching streams, with the code only being required under tab 2. But I'm not sure if I really should be suggesting better ways of doing this to someone who made her money in IT by all accounts.

The Treasurer
12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

But those who were just keen to see a game would benefit. Anyway I am neutral because any system that means I have two days notice of entry is worthless for me. Sorry to lack the required level of positivity!

Where have got the two days notice figure from. The club made the draw and notified as soon as they knew capacity for the cup games

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Do you honestly think the club aren't trying to get as many as possible into the ground, seriously

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm going to hope I'm lucky with the ballots dave. My email provider is Mozilla Thunderbird and I was looking at adding another email address to set up the entry on Hearts TV to then watch any home games where I miss out on any ballots. And Mozilla Thunderbird do allow you to set up a second email address but there are costs involved in doing so. I've contacted the club and asked if I can just add the code to my existing Hearts TV entry, and asked if that will in turn end the options already available under my existing Hearts TV entry. If I can do it then I will do so then cancel the direct debit I have had set up for years, making payments for Hearts TV, meaning it will effectively cost the club money. I have suggested one or two ways they could have created separate tabs, one for general use and a second one for watching streams, with the code only being required under tab 2. But I'm not sure if I really should be suggesting better ways of doing this to someone who made her money in IT by all accounts.

There are lots of free email account providers you can use. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️

If you get a ticket you can't use you tell the club and they resell it, much the same as has always been the case for ST holders who can't make a game. Don't see the problem

Well that was easy. Excellent job by the Club on this one. Best solution in difficult circumstances and only until restrictions are lifted.

Hopefully SG and the cooncil play ball with capacity.

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Where have got the two days notice figure from. The club made the draw and notified as soon as they knew capacity for the cup games

OK. I maybe miscalculated but if I understand it we will not know until some unspecified time after 26th whether we have been successful in a ballot for a game on 31st. No good for me but I wasn't really complaining about that just saying I have no selfish or personal interest in how the  ballot is conducted. It just seemed to me that some sort of queuing system where those successful went back in the queue would be fairer. Just IMO.

(But I know a queue is a terribly old fashioned concept)

9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If you get a ticket you can't use you tell the club and they resell it, much the same as has always been the case for ST holders who can't make a game. Don't see the problem

Surely they won't be reselling tickets. 

Any surplus should go to unlucky ST holders in the ballot. 

Shanks said no
9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Do you honestly think the club aren't trying to get as many as possible into the ground, seriously

Hearts made a presentation to the Council for the ICT game and are allowed 3000 

Hibs made a presentation to the Council for their euro game and are allowed 4700

The question is why are we allowed less? 

Possible conclusions

- corrupt Council

- differences in proposals from clubs

if it’s the later then we need to know why we are putting in proposals that limit our capacity more than necessary 

Hibs aren’t our equals, they are the shite on the bottom of our shoes and I hate using them for any comparison, someone at Hearts should be going off on one here. Mercer or Romanov certainly would have. 

Rant over and not directed at you

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Hearts made a presentation to the Council for the ICT game and are allowed 3000 

Hibs made a presentation to the Council for their euro game and are allowed 4700

The question is why are we allowed less? 

Possible conclusions

- corrupt Council

- differences in proposals from clubs

if it’s the later then we need to know why we are putting in proposals that limit our capacity more than necessary 

Hibs aren’t our equals, they are the shite on the bottom of our shoes and I hate using them for any comparison, someone at Hearts should be going off on one here. Mercer or Romanov certainly would have. 

Rant over and not directed at you

Good post. A bit negative perhaps?

Dennis Reynolds

Hibs and other clubs are allowed supporter bubbles, but it seems all fans must be 1m apart at tynecastle. Could this be the reason why the difference in attendances? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
48 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Other clubs doing exactly as they told by the authorities ! Hearts don't even know yet how many supporters are allowed in for the Celtic game

50 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Which ones?

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😀 wasn’t being serious. I’m just in a funny mood. 

Sorry. Thought you were being "negative". It is the number one crime on here.

• davemclaren changed the title to Match ticket ballot ( updated )