Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

1 hour ago, brux said:

This is not true, if you are successful you go to the end of the queue, so if 3 games allow 3500 in, assuming there are 10.5k tickets you are guaranteed to get a ticket in the 1st 3 games.  More than likely though there will be a lucky few who benefit from winning the celtic ballot as more fans are allowed in as the weeks go on and these people will have more chance of getting into the future games.

I can't understand all these daft unfair assumptions kicking around, just an excuse to stick it into the club yet again.

There is a real anti Hearts around here these days.

It's not anti Hearts at all. 

Folk are just sick of the club making a dogs dinner of everything they touch. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

1 hour ago, brux said:

This is not true, if you are successful you go to the end of the queue, so if 3 games allow 3500 in, assuming there are 10.5k tickets you are guaranteed to get a ticket in the 1st 3 games.  More than likely though there will be a lucky few who benefit from winning the celtic ballot as more fans are allowed in as the weeks go on and these people will have more chance of getting into the future games.

I can't understand all these daft unfair assumptions kicking around, just an excuse to stick it into the club yet again.

It’s not anti hearts, it’s more anti the club making an arse of things. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, brux said:

Yep, any excuse to have a go at Hearts is jumped on with glee. The race to be the most angry at Hearts is a competitive one for sure.

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I don't understand why people are not being asked to apply for theirselves. 

Seems wrong that four tickets can be issued on one application imo. 

How else would you do it? 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How else would you do it? 

I suppose it doesn't matter as long as the rotation system is used fairly. 

Full House 90k plus at Wembley for the charity sheild and we are being balloted for 5k plus a week earlier,  absolutely shambles 

If me and my mate get the tickets for the game we'll meet at mines for a beer, get the train up to Waverley while standing or sitting together, go to the pub and have more beer while standing or sitting next to each other, go into the stadium to then have to sit apart. Aye ****ing genius that, whoever came up with that give yourself a nice wee pat on the back.

2 hours ago, brux said:

I would call it a failure of understanding

Now I could be more undiplomatic but you get the point

They are just 'at it' and no matter how you explain it to them its always the club at fault and never their inability to understand

What is straightforward to the majority is simply too much for them to follow..............time for some to hire a tutor

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

It's not anti Hearts at all. 

Folk are just sick of the club making a dogs dinner of everything they touch. 

I have to disagree, I don't think they do, people are just too quick to complain without waiting to see how things pan out.  

IveSeenTheLight
22 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, folk would just hold off. 

Because you got to see us beat Cove you can't watch celtic or Aberdeen?

Positives and negatives anyway they play it. 

Ofc some will always find the. Negatives, always, All the time. No matter what. 

Hopefully its all a moot point shortly, however I've hear rumours until all Season Ticket Fans can get in for Aberdeen a ballot is held for each match required, with weighting applied to those who previously managed to get in.

So essentially, everyone still gets the chance in a ballot, but the more you've been, the heavier the penalty weighting from being selected for the next game.

As I said, hopefully it changes on August 9th and we all get back in

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

I don't understand why people are not being asked to apply for theirselves. 

Seems wrong that four tickets can be issued on one application imo. 

Agreed. The only exception should be adult and child groups for obvious reasons 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Full House 90k plus at Wembley for the charity sheild and we are being balloted for 5k plus a week earlier,  absolutely shambles 

Yep, an absolute farce. 

Doncaster and the rest strangely silent on this though 🤔

FarmerTweedy
20 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry but you got four tickets from one ballot application? That is what I was questioning.

And all four of you can have another collective go in the next ballot.

Fair?

How's that not fair? 

1 hour ago, Section N Rules said:

If me and my mate get the tickets for the game we'll meet at mines for a beer, get the train up to Waverley while standing or sitting together, go to the pub and have more beer while standing or sitting next to each other, go into the stadium to then have to sit apart. Aye ****ing genius that, whoever came up with that give yourself a nice wee pat on the back.

Public Health Scotland.

Not Anne Budge or anyone at the club (if this is what you’re getting at)?

4 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Public Health Scotland.

Not Anne Budge or anyone at the club (if this is what you’re getting at)?

Public health Scotland making people social distance if they are from the same house too?

So i’ve stuck in the ballot for me and 3 other ST holders does that mean thats them all In for the season ?

Can they apply as well for us all ?

It shouldnt matter with the weighting method just curious.

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

So i’ve stuck in the ballot for me and 3 other ST holders does that mean thats them all In for the season ?

Can they apply as well for us all ?

It shouldnt matter with the weighting method just curious.

Yes.

No.

7 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Public health Scotland making people social distance if they are from the same house too?

I would imagine that is what they have told clubs to do, yes.

1 minute ago, jambo mark said:

I would imagine that is what they have told clubs to do, yes.

Well that's just not true given what we've seen at the Aberdeen, Celtic and hibs games in the last few days.

Perth to Paisley

Question 

2 people - person A & B

do we enter as 4 separate entries

1. bubble AB
  2. bubble BA
  3. individual A
  4. individual B

This would increase chances of getting a ticket

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

How's that not fair? 

Because 4 people can have multiple ballot successes while others have none. How is that fair?

heartsfc_fan
2 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Question 

2 people - person A & B

do we enter as 4 separate entries

1. bubble AB
  2. bubble BA
  3. individual A
  4. individual B

This would increase chances of getting a ticket

Doesn't work. As soon as person A enters themself and person B into the ballot person B cannot enter into a separate ballot.

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, brux said:

Sorry but where have Hearts said a successful.ballot outcome puts you to the back of the queue for subsequent ballots?

Perth to Paisley
21 hours ago, henryheart said:

Hopefully it will only be for this game. The Dentist has already said that if the changes indicated for early September go ahead then football grounds would be able operate at full capacity.   

“Dentist”- Grow up

Professor in Public Health with qualifications from Harvard - guessing you are not as qualified to comment?

Perth to Paisley
3 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Doesn't work. As soon as person A enters themself and person B into the ballot person B cannot enter into a separate ballot.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry but where have Hearts said a successful.ballot outcome puts you to the back of the queue for subsequent ballots?

They haven’t said that exactly.

They have said subsequent ballots will be weighted, thus favouring those who haven’t previously been selected. 

heartsfc_fan
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah. We are in a group of three and the confirmation shows all our names and our customer reference numbers as per our season tickets. 

If one of us tried to enter the ballot separately I'm sure it would knock us back, as should be the case. 

My only gripe is that the tickets will only be sent to one person. 

Sending the ticket to one person saves on admin/costs for Hearts which is fair enough. And infact if it was multiple people in the same household it makes sense and not 3-4 separate tickets all arriving to the same address.

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Isn’t that what you always do with a group? 🤔

45 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Where have they said that the ballot resets so you can never win?

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, brux said:

Where have they said that the ballot resets so you can never win?

Nowhere as far as I know.  Why are you asking me?

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Nowhere as far as I know.  Why are you asking me?

So why are you getting involved with my comment then if you aren't able to use context with your comment?  In fact don't reply, I know why.

Biffa Bacon
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

One stays in Dunbar, one in Dalkeith and I stay in Dunblane. 

What if the person in Dunbar has the tickets and can't get in for whatever reason ?

If a group is too tricky to organise, apply individually. It's not rocket science.

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Hopefully its all a moot point shortly, however I've hear rumours until all Season Ticket Fans can get in for Aberdeen a ballot is held for each match required, with weighting applied to those who previously managed to get in.

So essentially, everyone still gets the chance in a ballot, but the more you've been, the heavier the penalty weighting from being selected for the next game.

As I said, hopefully it changes on August 9th and we all get back in

It is interesting, or there again maybe not, but a team we are due to play away from home in mid September have already put tickets on sale direct to the supporters of the team they host in the SPL next weekend. It possibly suggests that not all teams are following the same rules or the rules that are in place are possibly more flexible than some clubs maybe believe, whether that be for home fan numbers, away fans being present or both.

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, brux said:

So why are you getting involved with my comment then if you aren't able to use context with your comment?  In fact don't reply, I know why.

I genuinely have absolutely no idea what you are on about. Sorry.

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

What if the person in Dunbar has the tickets and can't get in for whatever reason ?

It wasn't a great idea to apply as a group?

Worthing Jambo
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

There was a link to an update, further back.

It made it clear that the ballot would be weighted.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Worthing Jambo said:

There was a link to an update, further back.

It made it clear that the ballot would be weighted.

Did it say what weighted meant?

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah. We are in a group of three and the confirmation shows all our names and our customer reference numbers as per our season tickets. 

If one of us tried to enter the ballot separately I'm sure it would knock us back, as should be the case. 

Presumably if as a supporter you have used the option to add the surname and customer reference number for three friends, for example, it then makes more sense to post all tickets to the one address rather than create additional postage costs by sending out 4 letters rather than one (I'm guessing that where someone has added additional names to their account they have spoken to the relevant persons in advance to make sure they are happy to be treated as part of a group rather than submit their own individual applications).

Edited by portobellojambo1
Spelling pish

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Presumably if as a supporter you have used the option to add the surname and customer reference number for three friends, for example, it then makes more sense to post all tickets to the one address rather then create additional postage costs by sending out 4 letters rather than one (I'm guessing that where someone has added additional names to their account they have spoken to the relevant persons in advance to make sure they are happy to be treated as part of a group rather than submit their own individual applications).

Much too much common sense in  that post.

1 hour ago, Perth to Paisley said:

“Dentist”- Grow up

Professor in Public Health with qualifications from Harvard - guessing you are not as qualified to comment?

Thanks for your advice.

Please accept my humble apologies for simply reporting, without comment either positive or negative, what the Clinical Director has said about the return of crowds. Of course I'm not as qualified as he is, that is why I didn't comment on what he has said.  I also sincerely apologise for calling someone with a degree in dentistry a dentist; unfortunately if growing up means that I cannot refer to a person by a job that they are qualified to do then I'll have some difficulty in following your advice.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Worthing Jambo
17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Did it say what weighted meant?

There is a post on the last page that has an explanation from Hearts.

I tried to copy and paste it!😞

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

They haven’t because they don’t know if there will be more than one ballot for league games. 

davemclaren
49 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

same as if you order on a group in your Hearts account normally. 

That’s called the luck of a group  🤷‍♂️😄

davemclaren
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

That's fair enough Dave. At least you have common sense and you aren't a smartarse. 

Unlike the Brothers Grimm.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That's fair enough Dave. At least you have common sense and you aren't a smartarse. 

Unlike the Brothers Grimm.

:lol:

One time I orderered tickets for me and my mate to get delivered to mine as normal. He drove up from Manchester only to find both our tickets had been delivered to his. Had to get them reprinted at the ticket office pre-match. 

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

There is a post on the last page that has an explanation from Hearts.

I tried to copy and paste it!😞

Thanks. Read it but it doesn't make clear what weighted means.

davemclaren
Just now, Francis Albert said:

Thanks. Read it but it doesn't make clear what weighted means.

It doesn’t make any attempt to explain how it works. I imagine they are still trying to work it out. 😄

portobellojambo1
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Valuable pub time was lost. 🙁

Not a good outcome dave.

I've never added anyone to a group during recent times but in the circumstance being discussed on here recently, and where those included in a group are geographically located in a number of different places have or can the club offer an option that the tickets be collected from Tynecastle prior to the relevant match day. I know for normal away games we, i.e. PHSC, put in a block booking online, the club debits our bank account for the amount and we collect all the tickets via the ticket office and distribute them on the bus once in transit on match day (can't see that changing once we can return to away games).

Edited by portobellojambo1

Francis Albert
29 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They haven’t because they don’t know if there will be more than one ballot for league games. 

They haven't  said about future arrangements because the restriction may only apply to.one game. Nothing like a bit of foresight and forward planning eh?

They have however said the new password thingy for streaming will apply for all games we can't access the stadium for. 

Edited by Francis Albert

• davemclaren changed the title to Match ticket ballot ( updated )