Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Hearts made a presentation to the Council for the ICT game and are allowed 3000 

Hibs made a presentation to the Council for their euro game and are allowed 4700

The question is why are we allowed less? 

Possible conclusions

- corrupt Council

- differences in proposals from clubs

if it’s the later then we need to know why we are putting in proposals that limit our capacity more than necessary 

Hibs aren’t our equals, they are the shite on the bottom of our shoes and I hate using them for any comparison, someone at Hearts should be going off on one here. Mercer or Romanov certainly would have. 

Rant over and not directed at you

Rangers are complaining about Celtic allocation 

I presume Celtic weren't happy about the percentage difference in allocation with Aberdeen . All anomalies with , almost certainly logical reasons .

Someone suggested on here that it was all about Nicola Sturgeon playing favourites . Still trying to work that one out 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

24 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If you get a ticket you can't use you tell the club and they resell it, much the same as has always been the case for ST holders who can't make a game. Don't see the problem

Not a problem well just a little one …. wasting money posting out tickets that people don’t want. And then relying on these people contacting the club so that ticket can be re-allocated to another season ticket holder who is able to see the match.

The good news is that no season ticket holder would ever pass their ticket on to a non-season ticket holder in these circumstances!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

28 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Do you honestly think the club aren't trying to get as many as possible into the ground, seriously

Yes it would appear that is what they think 

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, LMc said:

Hibs and other clubs are allowed supporter bubbles, but it seems all fans must be 1m apart at tynecastle. Could this be the reason why the difference in attendances? 

It certainly sounds that way but surely you want as many folk as possible in attendance.

Plus, if you are successful in the ballot for the Celtic game surely other folk that weren't should be pushed forward in the queue for the next home game and not have the same folk getting 2 possible games in a row. 🤔.

Or have I misread that ?

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry. Thought you were being "negative". It is the number one crime on here.

👍 if I’m being totally honest a Saturday night is time for me to go out for a meal with the wife or watch a film in the house. It’s a poor time for a football match. As  5:15pm on a Sunday. Really don’t like all these silly times. There’s a good bit of negativity for you 😀

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Not a problem well just a little one …. wasting money posting out tickets that people don’t want. And then relying on these people contacting the club so that ticket can be re-allocated to another season ticket holder who is able to see the match.

The good news is that no season ticket holder would ever pass their ticket on to a non-season ticket holder in these circumstances!

It would be good if they could just disable non winners season ticket cards for the main match. Would save on postage but might not be easy to do. 

Jean Louis Valois
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

👍 if I’m being totally honest a Saturday night is time for me to go out for a meal with the wife or watch a film in the house. It’s a poor time for a football match. As  5:15pm on a Sunday. Really don’t like all these silly times. There’s a good bit of negativity for you 😀

I'm with you there, 8pm on a Saturday is a honking time. Reminds me of the Sunday 6:15 Setanta days.

davemclaren
Just now, Jean Louis Valois said:

I'm with you there, 8pm on a Saturday is a honking time. Reminds me of the Sunday 6:15 Setanta days.

Indeed. 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agree with your negativity on KO times. Compounded by living 400 miles from Tynie ...though I accept that is self-inflicted.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It would be good if they could just disable non winners season ticket cards for the main match. Would save on postage but might not be easy to do. 

Come now Dave. The capabilities of our IT department were demonstrated last weekend in the streaming fiasco.

55 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Wish the club would just explain how the numbers allowed is calculated. 

It’s Edinburgh City Clowncil that determine how many can attend

Shanks said no
9 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Rangers are complaining about Celtic allocation 

I presume Celtic weren't happy about the percentage difference in allocation with Aberdeen . All anomalies with , almost certainly logical reasons .

Someone suggested on here that it was all about Nicola Sturgeon playing favourites . Still trying to work that one out 

And if the anomalies between Hearts and Hibs allocation are indeed logical then we should learn from them and submit a different proposal for the Celtic game, based on how they did it. I'm away to shower, feel filthy suggesting copying them.

16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Good post. A bit negative perhaps?

If you want negative then start a thread about Speed Cameras, as I just opened an envelope offering me a £100 fine and 3 points.

Finishing on a positive, entering the ballot was indeed very easy.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Agree with your negativity on KO times. Compounded by living 400 miles from Tynie ...though I accept that is self-inflicted.

@Jean Louis Valois. I’ve never lived that far but lived in County Durham during the 6:15pm Sunday tv period. Just totally impractical to get the train up to Scotland when it’s a daft time like that. Annoying. 

Francis Albert
Just now, millano77 said:

Of course. But we may influence that by what we say we are doing. For example by imposing a 1m distancing rule on family members.

Mentioned this system to my wife regarding the Celtic game; "We're out for dinner that night ". Oh.

Good odds I'm going to get a ticket in the ballot now!

drumie jambo
5 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Mentioned this system to my wife regarding the Celtic game; "We're out for dinner that night ". Oh.

Good odds I'm going to get a ticket in the ballot now!

Compromise then. Meal in the Skyline early doors, you go to the game while yer missus waits outside. Jobs a good 'un.

willie wallace

When I clicked on Find My Tickets it said I was ineligible for this ballot.

On the website it says your online account will be used to manage your application.

If you are a season ticket holder do you automatically have an online account.?

I always go to the ticket office.

Weird. I applied for 2 tickets and was told I have entered the ballot successfully. I didn’t get asked for payment details though. Do they contact me if I am successful for the card details?

2 minutes ago, Satsumo said:

Weird. I applied for 2 tickets and was told I have entered the ballot successfully. I didn’t get asked for payment details though. Do they contact me if I am successful for the card details?

It’s on your season tickets. It doesn’t cost anything. 

25 minutes ago, drumie jambo said:

Compromise then. Meal in the Skyline early doors, you go to the game while yer missus waits outside. Jobs a good 'un.

A tremendous idea.

Will never fly though...

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Other clubs doing exactly as they told by the authorities ! Hearts don't even know yet how many supporters are allowed in for the Celtic game

What we get allocated depends on what we propose. Saying we'll have people at 1m apart regardless of whether they are  the same household will almost certainly see us get less than we could. 

Other clubs proposals are based on groups sitting together with no distancing.

So am I right in thinking that you could be successful in every ballot? Or never get a ticket for any match?

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s on your season tickets. It doesn’t cost anything. 

Hahaha what a dummy! Ffs I’m off to bed 

59 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Hibs made a presentation to the Council for their euro game and are allowed 4700

Possible conclusions

- corrupt Council

if it’s the later then we need to know why we are putting in proposals that limit our capacity more than necessary 

Hibs aren’t our equals, they are the shite on the bottom of our shoes and I hate using them for any comparison, someone at Hearts should be going off on one here. Mercer or Romanov certainly would have. 

I suspect that we are allowed less than Hibs because we don't properly understand how to interpret the rules. It is  interesting to see that Edinburgh City were to have been allowed 700 supporters at 3,127 capacity Ainslie Park for their game yesterday.

Clearly Hearts does not seem to understand that when meeting others outdoors you are only required to 'stay at least 1 metre away from anyone who is not part of your friends and family grouping'  The guidance continues to state that 'applications for events above Level 0 limits can continue to proceed at local authority level, with events only able to take place following Scotland’s move to Level 0 providing physical distancing can be maintained with those numbers in attendance.' 

How Hearts can say that 'to ensure compliance with social distancing guidelines all supporters will be seated 1 meter apart in the stadium, this applies to all supporters – including those in the same household' is a complete mystery, as the Scottish Government guidelines do not require it. Neither does the Council looking at the crowds being accepted at Easter Road and Ainslie Park. I suggest that Hearts get somebody who knows what they are doing to have a look at this, because it does not seem to have happened so far.   

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

There will be many Hearts fans travelling from many miles away by train, car and plane, I just hope we get sufficient time to book travel and hotels! 

39 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

When I clicked on Find My Tickets it said I was ineligible for this ballot.

On the website it says your online account will be used to manage your application.

If you are a season ticket holder do you automatically have an online account.?

I always go to the ticket office.

I’m hopeless with this kind of thing but I think if you type Hearts online ticketing into google and click on the page that comes up there should be an option to log in or register at the very top right hand corner of the page. Easy enough to register then you should see the ballot option at the bottom of the page. Tried to post a link but couldn’t manage to. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, millano77 said:

Lol yes but the club can ask how a number was reached, given it just seems to be a figure plucked from thin air.

Jaap's Sigh
14 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If one person enters the ballot on behalf of three of us as a group does that that he will get all the tickets if successful or will the tickets be sent out to each individual within the group ? 

That’s a good question. A mate of mine is applying for a group ballot entry for himself, me and my brother. I was wondering if I still need to enter my personal details or if him doing it using our season ticket numbers will be enough. 

The people I go to the games with can’t make the Celtic game, if i enter the ballot for only myself does that mean we can’t enter as a group for future games?

Francis Albert
31 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

So am I right in thinking that you could be successful in every ballot? Or never get a ticket for any match?

Seems so.

Francis Albert

What is this group balloting about. Do three people as a group have the same chance as one individual? Surely not.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Seems so.

Doesn’t seem fair. If you’re successful in one you should miss the next. 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Doesn’t seem fair. If you’re successful in one you should miss the next. 

In think so too.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

True but if it’s restricted and socially distanced it’s doubtful if you get your own seat 

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

The people I go to the games with can’t make the Celtic game, if i enter the ballot for only myself does that mean we can’t enter as a group for future games?

No idea but if say three people as a group can enter the ballot with the same chance of success as one individual that seems a bit unfair to me.

Am I right in saying that even although you have a season ticket you could be unsuccessful in every ballot and not even get into Tynie at all?

Edit just seen other posts so I probably am right. That’s a load of bollox man.

Edited by smiler

Francis Albert
Just now, smiler said:

Am I right in saying that even although you have a season ticket you could be unsuccessful in every ballot and not even get into Tynie at all?

Yes. Though other ST holders could be successful several times.

3 hours ago, kila said:

Will we be allowed more than 6000? Can see it being another farcical number while Hibs get another couple of thousand.

I imagine most, if not all, STs will apply. Really don't want to have to watch this on the TV!

I won't be applying meantime. Hardly ever go to Edinburgh since this pandemic. I may reconsider later in the season but meantime my season is mainly a gift as it is money I would happily cough up  despite the poor entertainment in recent years. The Hearts TV saves my drive up and down and my sofa is quite comfy and in winter the house is warmer than the main stand.. Meantime hope you who are successful enjoy the game and as the announcer says.."make some noise"

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes. Though other ST holders could be successful several times.

That’s berserk.
It’s so easy to implement a bit of fairness as well. 

drumie jambo
2 hours ago, Dunks said:

Well that was easy. Excellent job by the Club on this one. Best solution in difficult circumstances and only until restrictions are lifted.

Hopefully SG and the cooncil play ball with capacity.

Not up to the SG.  Clowncil only.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, smiler said:

That’s berserk.
It’s so easy to implement a bit of fairness as well. 

Agreed but critising anything Hearts do is negative apparently.

drumie jambo
45 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I suspect that we are allowed less than Hibs because we don't properly understand how to interpret the rules. It is  interesting to see that Edinburgh City were to have been allowed 700 supporters at 3,127 capacity Ainslie Park for their game yesterday.

Clearly Hearts does not seem to understand that when meeting others outdoors you are only required to 'stay at least 1 metre away from anyone who is not part of your friends and family grouping'  The guidance continues to state that 'applications for events above Level 0 limits can continue to proceed at local authority level, with events only able to take place following Scotland’s move to Level 0 providing physical distancing can be maintained with those numbers in attendance.' 

How Hearts can say that 'to ensure compliance with social distancing guidelines all supporters will be seated 1 meter apart in the stadium, this applies to all supporters – including those in the same household' is a complete mystery, as the Scottish Government guidelines do not require it. Neither does the Council looking at the crowds being accepted at Easter Road and Ainslie Park. I suggest that Hearts get somebody who knows what they are doing to have a look at this, because it does not seem to have happened so far.   

I thought Edinburgh City were back playing at Meadowbank.

4 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

"To ensure compliance with social distancing guidelines all supporters will be seated 1 meter apart in the stadium, this applies to all supporters – including those in the same household." 

That's not a requirement, plenty other clubs allow household bubbles. Surely by sticking to that it severely hampers how many we'll be allowed in? Shooting ourselves in the foot.

Correct... there's 4 of us, that's 10 seats in total plus the 1m either side 😳

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Possible conclusions

- corrupt Council

Superb and bang on !

15 minutes ago, drumie jambo said:

I thought Edinburgh City were back playing at Meadowbank.

It's not ready yet - later this season.

46 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

Hopefully it will only be for this game. The Dentist has already said that if the changes indicated for early September go ahead then football grounds would be able operate at full capacity.   

29 minutes ago, deejtee said:

I won't be applying meantime. Hardly ever go to Edinburgh since this pandemic. I may reconsider later in the season but meantime my season is mainly a gift as it is money I would happily cough up  despite the poor entertainment in recent years. The Hearts TV saves my drive up and down and my sofa is quite comfy and in winter the house is warmer than the main stand.. Meantime hope you who are successful enjoy the game and as the announcer says.."make some noise"

According to the info from Hearts you need to apply by the 26th July to be in the ballot for any league games this season (at least until restricted crowds end). Like you I can’t see being  anywhere near Tynecastle for some time but I’ll go into the ballot so I have a chance of seeing the games I’m able to go to!

• davemclaren changed the title to Match ticket ballot ( updated )