Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Not a good outcome dave.

I've never added anyone to a group during recent times but in the circumstance being discussed on here recently, and where those included in a group are geographically located in a number of different places have or can the club offer an option that the tickets be collected from Tynecastle prior to the relevant match day. I know for normal away games we, i.e. PHSC, put in a block booking online, the club debits our bank account for the amount and we collect all the tickets via the ticket office and distribute them on the bus once in transit on match day (can't see that changing once we can return to away games).

Not sure you can do that but sounds like a good solution. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, brux said:

This is not true, if you are successful you go to the end of the queue, so if 3 games allow 3500 in, assuming there are 10.5k tickets you are guaranteed to get a ticket in the 1st 3 games.  More than likely though there will be a lucky few who benefit from winning the celtic ballot as more fans are allowed in as the weeks go on and these people will have more chance of getting into the future games.

I can't understand all these daft unfair assumptions kicking around, just an excuse to stick it into the club yet again.

There is a real anti Hearts around here these days.

Where have Hearts said those successful.in the ballot go to the back of the queue?

And this site is anti-Hearts? Really?

Jambo 4 Ever

Still very poor response trying to get through to the ticket office - never answer their phones today at all

i know of at least 2 others trying to call them but no answer 

they need more staff 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Still very poor response trying to get through to the ticket office - never answer their phones today at all

i know of at least 2 others trying to call them but no answer 

they need more staff 

Have you tried emailing them?

23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Where have Hearts said those successful.in the ballot go to the back of the queue?

And this site is anti-Hearts? Really?

Some things are just obvious to all but a few........clearly you are part of that few who need a 20 page explanation with all the dots in the right place when to the rest of us it's pretty clear.

We should help those who need it so I've supplied a link for you and will be willing to explain to you that which really should need no explanation..............................unless of course you are just at it and the more you post the more that seems to be the truth.

Sometimes there are germs of truth in what you post but most of the time your posts are being laughed at the more you keep trying to be ....'Pernickety' some might say

Season Ticket Ballot Information | Heart Of Midlothian Football Club (heartsfc.co.uk)

Edited by CJGJ

35 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

They haven't  said about future arrangements because the restriction may only apply to.one game. Nothing like a bit of foresight and forward planning eh?

They have however said the new password thingy for streaming will apply for all games we can't access the stadium for. 

What would you have done? 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Some things are just obvious to all but a few........clearly you are part of that few who need a 20 page explanation with all the dots in the right place when to the rest of us it's pretty clear.

We should help those who need it so I've supplied a link for you and will be willing to explain to you that which really should need no explanation..............................unless of course you are just at it and the more you post the more that seems to be the truth.

Sometimes there are germs of truth in what you post but most of the time your posts are being laughed at the more you keep trying to be ....'Pernickety' some might say

Season Ticket Ballot Information | Heart Of Midlothian Football Club (heartsfc.co.uk)

OK

Explain to me how that addresses the question about whether or not  those successful in a ballot go to the  back of the queue for the next ballot.

Biffa Bacon
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

You're a right smartarse.

We wanted to be able to sit together, hence the group arrangement.

I was merely anticipating potential logistical issues.

That's not rocket science and I accept that it would add postage costs. 

I suspect that they don't want anyone to sit together. If we are all spaced out, then there is no debate about who is in a household group and who isn't. You could imagine a young security person on minimum wage trying to enforce seating, when people claim that they are in the same household. The club have a duty of care to its employees, as well as the supporters. And they want to minimise the opportunity of Covid spreading in the stadium, this would be a disastrous outcome.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

OK

Explain to me how that addresses the question about whether or not  those successful in a ballot go to the  back of the queue for the next ballot.

It's probably already been mentioned, but this clearly wasn't the case for the two cup games. Some folk have got tickets for both games, while some got neither. There's been a balls-up somewhere. 

Perth to Paisley
2 hours ago, henryheart said:

Thanks for your advice.

Please accept my humble apologies for simply reporting, without comment either positive or negative, what the Clinical Director has said about the return of crowds. Of course I'm not as qualified as he is, that is why I didn't comment on what he has said.  I also sincerely apologise for calling someone with a degree in dentistry a dentist; unfortunately if growing up means that I cannot refer to a person by a job that they are qualified to do then I'll have some difficulty in following your advice.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

You were being snide....

1 hour ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

It's probably already been mentioned, but this clearly wasn't the case for the two cup games. Some folk have got tickets for both games, while some got neither. There's been a balls-up somewhere. 

Depends on how many entered the ballot.

If less than the combined attendance for both games entered the ballot then some people would certainly get tickets for both games!

eg 4,000 people enter ballot for 5,000 tickets then 1,000 people get tickets for both games (and 3,000 people get tickets for one game), simple really!

Biffa Bacon
8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Biffa, we are all well aware of the 3 seats apart ruling in our group. My only query was pertaining to the mailing of tickets. 

By the way I apologise for being a bit nippy earlier. 

Your other points above are perfectly valid.  

Enjoy your weekend. 

No worries. For the Cove game one of our group of 4 ST holders entered us all in the ballot. He was posted the 4 tickets, all with our names on each ticket. We sat in the same row in the main stand spaced out. We have been allocated seats in a row in the Gorgie for ICT, with less seats in between each of us. Again tickets were posted to one of our group, and we will meet up prior to the match to dish them out.

11 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Some never got any league cup tickets? Oh dear… I’d have forfeited mine if the club asked because of error as I’ve been drawn for both. 

Probably means I’ve no luck left for the Celtic ballot :(

FarmerTweedy
16 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Because 4 people can have multiple ballot successes while others have none. How is that fair?

Because they could all have multiple successes anyway if they applied individually. Or they might have multiple failures as a group, where they'd have all had multiple successes individually. 

Applying as a group doesn't improve people's chances of being successful, it just means all the people in the group will have the same outcome. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wake me up when the bingo starts. 

You need to change your soiled trousers first. 😎

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You need to change your soiled trousers first. 😎

Pointless. Plenty pant wetting to come this weekend. 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
11 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Depends on how many entered the ballot.

If less than the combined attendance for both games entered the ballot then some people would certainly get tickets for both games!

eg 4,000 people enter ballot for 5,000 tickets then 1,000 people get tickets for both games (and 3,000 people get tickets for one game), simple really!

Did you miss the bit where I said some people got neither? 

4 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Really??

Perhaps I was one of them but then I never entered to ballot so not unexpected or disappointed!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

There was one confirmed on here so it doesn’t seem many got neither. 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

There was one confirmed on here so it doesn’t seem many got neither. 

But some got 2, bit strange, ballot box needs checked.

1 hour ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

The Cove game didn't sell out. Strange. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

But some got 2, bit strange, ballot box needs checked.

Get Trump on the case.

Biffa Bacon
4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm on my own for the ICT match in the Main. 

We only decided on Thursday evening to go as a group for the season ahead as we are normally all together in section Q.

Enjoy the match.

Cheers, hope you enjoy it too, c'mon the Hearts.

14 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Can you enter the ballot just on own for some games and then as a group for others?

Not with the Hearts ballot.

Dunno about your team.🤷

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, jamboman9 said:

Not with the Hearts ballot.

Dunno about your team.🤷

Hilarious not 

seems a bit restricted then 

36 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

The Cove game didn't sell out. Strange. 

Don't the players families, club officials and hangers on who attend, count in the total number allowed in, hence a smaller number through the turnstiles?

Jambo 4 Ever
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Kiss

Ummm not the sort of behaviour you would expect from an administrator mate 

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ummm not the sort of behaviour you would expect from an administrator mate 

You’re a wee chancer. 

2 hours ago, gedster said:

Don't the players families, club officials and hangers on who attend, count in the total number allowed in, hence a smaller number through the turnstiles?

Probably we were 200 short. 

2 hours ago, gedster said:

Probably we were 200 short. 

31 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Only works if you use capitals for each letter

Also what’s the relevance for the use here?

You don't know?

Really?

Keep it simple refers to your particular ballot enquiry.

Stupid?.........well pretty obvious. 👍

Kirky Jambo

Celtic just had 6 taken off them at parkhead v west ham. I know it’s a friendly but we should really be going all out to win 

11 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Celtic just had 6 taken off them at parkhead v west ham. I know it’s a friendly but we should really be going all out to win 

The only way to beat them is to disrupt their build up play. They are used to keeping the ball up to the half way line. Start defending in our own half and they’ll gather momentum. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

The only way to beat them is to disrupt their build up play. They are used to keeping the ball up to the half way line. Start defending in our own half and they’ll gather momentum. 

I know it's still too early to judge but their defence looks dodgy. 

I appreciate West Ham are in a different class to us but the tactic has to be to exploit the defence and both their keeper's are honking. 

Just now, luckydug said:

I know it's still too early to judge but their defence looks dodgy. 

I appreciate West Ham are in a different class to us but the tactic has to be to exploit the defence and both their keeper's are honking. 

Haven’t seen much of them recrentky tbh but their defence was dodgy last season.  Hopefully a nice confidence sapping result today though. 👍🏻

Just now, GinRummy said:

Haven’t seen much of them recrentky tbh but their defence was dodgy last season.  Hopefully a nice confidence sapping result today though. 👍🏻

They made TEN subs early in the second half. There was very little for their fans to get excited about. 

Both Celtic goals were defensive mistakes, the sub keeper badly at fault for the second. 

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

They made TEN subs early in the second half. There was very little for their fans to get excited about. 

Both Celtic goals were defensive mistakes, the sub keeper badly at fault for the second. 

Good to know. They definitely looked fragile last season. Can only hope the new manager is a mistake and they continue to flounder. 

Kirky Jambo

He is apparently obsessed with the high press, so should be space in behind if we can get ginelly and gms advanced

Stupid Sexy Flanders
10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Really??

Perhaps I was one of them but then I never entered to ballot so not unexpected or disappointed!

If you never entered the ballot then you weren't one of them. 

Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if I've missed this.

I emailed Hearts about this, and apparently the spacing applies to children and parents too. So my 5 and 8 year olds will have to sit 1 or 2m either side of me. That's madness.

Also a bit pissed they count as members of the 4 tbh, as we go with 2 friends, but can understand that a little more.  

heartsfc_fan
14 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if I've missed this.

I emailed Hearts about this, and apparently the spacing applies to children and parents too. So my 5 and 8 year olds will have to sit 1 or 2m either side of me. That's madness.

Also a bit pissed they count as members of the 4 tbh, as we go with 2 friends, but can understand that a little more.  

I was at the Cove game and there were a few folk sitting next to each other.

The Stewards won't stop you. And given you have young kids that's fair enough having them next to you.

• davemclaren changed the title to Match ticket ballot ( updated )