Season 21/22

Rudy T

So what’s everyone’s thoughts after the first few competitive games? Not many signings but we can maybe expect one or two and for them to be first team players not ‘projects’

I think we look a 5th place side in comparison to other teams. But things can change with transfers especially down the road if Nisbet or Porteous go. Aberdeen decent signings but how good will Glass be? St Mirren look to have strengthened and could be the surprise top 6 team. 

heartsfc_fan

Motherwell and Ross County will be bottom 2.

We'll be somewhere between 4th and 8th.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Aim for 1st see where it takes us Aberdeen and Hibs are probably rivals for 3rd but we are better than them with the squad we have just now 

Салатные палочки

Mid-table. No chance we will be fighting relegation come the end of the season but no chance we will get a European place. 

That said, it depends on signings I suppose. 

Robbo-Jambo
16 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So what’s everyone’s thoughts after the first few competitive games? Not many signings but we can maybe expect one or two and for them to be first team players not ‘projects’

I think we look a 5th place side in comparison to other teams. But things can change with transfers especially down the road if Nisbet or Porteous go. Aberdeen decent signings but how good will Glass be? St Mirren look to have strengthened and could be the surprise top 6 team. 

Bottom six without a couple of decent new arrivals. 😏.

Austin MacGlee

Hard to say at this stage. I didn't watch much of the Premiership last season so I don't know how decent the likes of St Johnstone, Aberdeen etc actually are.

We should be aiming for 3rd as a minimum standard as we are the third biggest club in Scotland but I'm not convinced Robbie can do what is needed to get us there.

Салатные палочки
18 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I have a bet on with a St Mirren fan in the work that we'll finish above them. 

Leveins Battalion

At present we will be mid table,having said that the SPL is pish,a couple of good signings and 3rd is achievable no problem.

A_A wehatethehibs

We are at best 5th or 6th on paper as things stand IMO. 

The summer window has not, so far, gone as well as any of us hoped it would. 

I do think we can score goals. It's keeping the door shut that is still a concern. At CM we are lacking quality, pace and power, teams will get through us and at our back line. And with Kingsley at LCB and Craig Halkett still (somehow) a nailed on starter, we don't look like hanging on to this clean sheet run very long, once we start playing better quality teams. 

CB in particular, is the major vulnerability. Has been for 2-3 years really. So I am desperately hoping Savage manages to pull a rabbit out the hat between now and 31st August the sooner the better. 

If it transpires that Neilson is going into the season and he thought that Halkett will be good enough at CB, that's the type of misjudgement which will cost him his job. 

Having not actually watched any our games this season, just seen some of the goals and read stuff about the matches on here, I'd say top 6 shouldn't be too much of an ask.

The quality may not be great but the stuffy nature of other sides and their dogged attitude will test us. 

Teams like St Johnstone, St Mirren etc..have had far too much joy over us for some seasons now and it’s basically their will being stronger than ours when we coms face to face being the difference.   Our appetite to do the dirty work, so to speak, needs to be 10 times better in these games, esp away from home.

Until we prove to be a more polished football team and can out play these sides, we need to have a humble

mindset and not get above ourselves.  

On fringes of top 4 but not close enough to nip into the spots. 

kingantti1874

4th at worst, anything else is failure. 

anything worse than 6th is dismissal for Neilson

defence is biggest concern. Halkett is weak and Smith is I think on his last legs 

Edited by kingantti1874

Pasquale for King

Not looking good at the minute without really strengthening the team, 3 quality players required and a bit of luck with injuries and suspensions as the squad isn’t that deep. 

Between 3rd and 5th, decent squad and with hopefully 3/4 quality additions we will be fighting it out for 3rd, never know Celtic might totally implode even worse this season.

Below:

Aberdeen

Celtic  

Emailing scum

Rangers

St. Johnstone 

Above:

St. Mirren

Dundee

Dundee Utd

Livingston 

Motherwell 

Ross 

...is my feeling at the moment.

Famous 1874

Could finish anywhere between 12th and 3rd. Player attitudes, stadium capacities, injury luck, future transfer business and Neilson’s tactics all to determine where we finish. 

Will have a clearer idea on how we fare against the scum on the 31st. Definitely a winnable game. 

Not really been impressed by Aberdeen’s progress. People wetting their pants because of glass and brown.

Depends on who we sign. 

Sign a RWB, LCB, CM and a Forward of some description and we'll be decent. 

Edited by Cruyff

Leveins Battalion

Let’s not forget here that we are playing catch-up due to being shafted by every club,manager and Chairman in this league.

37 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Let’s not forget here that we are playing catch-up due to being shafted by every club,manager and Chairman in this league.

Including our own.

Bazzas right boot

Hard to say with any logic behind it. 

Don't know our team and don't know how good last seasons 3rd to 6th place teams are. 

Motherwell, livi and Aberdeen wil struggle imo. 

Hibs if they don't sell /lose any of their "star" players will be about the same as last season, at team  which we matched over 90 and beat them. 

St mirren may surprise. 

With the limited information, I am going for top six comfortably and we should be going for 3rd, as we should every season. 

3rd or 4th place finish for us. 

Bobmeister has good league form. 

Cups are where I get a bit jittery. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

As is - 9th

2 or 3 players who'd be first 11 nailed on starters and 2 or 3 matchday players and I think we'd get 4th.

Edited by Taffin

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

As is - 9th

2 or 3 players who'd be first 11 nailed on starters and 2 or 3 matchday players and I think we'd get 4th.

Adding another 4-6 players would reduce chances for academy prospects. I think 2 top quality stating players would make us very capable of challenging for 3rd / 4th. A lot relies on the front 3, Souttar and Gordon staying fit …

7th. My view hasn’t really been changed by the league cup games. We all knew we were weak in certain areas. A couple of signings in those positions could make a huge difference. 

merseyjambo

Based on squads as they are at momenta do our struggles away from home, 7th - 9th.

Gordon can only plug the holes in the defence for so long. 

Strengthen the defence, an attacking creative midfielder and a second striker to play alongside Boyce, then 4th or 5th

Edited by merseyjambo

51 minutes ago, Taffin said:

As is - 9th

What do you mean by match day players. Not familiar with that term. 

3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We are at best 5th or 6th on paper as things stand IMO. 

The summer window has not, so far, gone as well as any of us hoped it would. 

I do think we can score goals. It's keeping the door shut that is still a concern. At CM we are lacking quality, pace and power, teams will get through us and at our back line. And with Kingsley at LCB and Craig Halkett still (somehow) a nailed on starter, we don't look like hanging on to this clean sheet run very long, once we start playing better quality teams. 

CB in particular, is the major vulnerability. Has been for 2-3 years really. So I am desperately hoping Savage manages to pull a rabbit out the hat between now and 31st August the sooner the better. 

If it transpires that Neilson is going into the season and he thought that Halkett will be good enough at CB, that's the type of misjudgement which will cost him his job. 

Pretty much where I am with it all just now. Think we will scrape into the top 6 with the squad we have now, and totally agree with where our weaknesses are most evident. Gotta also hope to God that Gordon doesn't get injured or we are really up the creak. 

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What do you mean by match day players. Not familiar with that term. 

Players that will be in the matchday squad and pushing for a start but not necessarily 'big' money first picks. Not sure it's an actual saying in fairness 😂

Our bench is weak imo.

50 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Adding another 4-6 players would reduce chances for academy prospects. I think 2 top quality stating players would make us very capable of challenging for 3rd / 4th. A lot relies on the front 3, Souttar and Gordon staying fit …

True but if we didn't play academy prospects in the Championship we're not about to do it now imo.

Just now, Taffin said:

Players that will be in the matchday squad and pushing for a start but not necessarily 'big' money first picks. Not sure it's an actual saying in fairness 😂

Our bench is weak imo.

Got you now. Doubt we’ll see that tbh. I think, just reading between the lines, any signings will be considered first team picks and I’d be surprised if there were more than three. Just my take on it though. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Got you now. Doubt we’ll see that tbh. I think, just reading between the lines, any signings will be considered first team picks and I’d be surprised if there were more than three. Just my take on it though. 

I doubt we'll see it either, it's just what I think we need to challenge for Europe.

I'm not a highly paid football expert though so I'll just have to trust their judgement 👍👍

Just now, Taffin said:

I doubt we'll see it either, it's just what I think we need to challenge for Europe.

I'm not a highly paid football expert though so I'll just have to trust their judgement 👍👍

That’s all we can do. At least changes have been made on recruitment side. Just need to be patient and see how it goes. 

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

True but if we didn't play academy prospects in the Championship we're not about to do it now imo.

I think that’s a bit of a myth. Irving, Brandon and Henderson all had game time across the campaign. We can only play young players as they become ready. I’d rather see Pollock have opportunities than add another squad midfielder that blocks his chances.

This team scrapes 6th for me and would end the season with less points than 7th.

I think we need 4 players if we want to push for 3rd:

1. Quick and attacking right wing back to let Smith play in the back three.

2. Left sided centre back who is aggressive and very good in the air.

3. Box to box centre mid full of energy and quality.

4. An extra attacker, someone a bit different to the players we have.

If we add these things then I think we jump from a 6th place team to a 3rd place team

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Can't see how losing this huddy would have a negative impact on them. 

30 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think that’s a bit of a myth. Irving, Brandon and Henderson all had game time across the campaign. We can only play young players as they become ready. I’d rather see Pollock have opportunities than add another squad midfielder that blocks his chances.

Id hardly describe them as academy  prospects though. They all played numerous times previously and made their debuts 3/4/5 years ago.

We've currently got nobody outside of Haring (and he needs to get his mojo back) at the required level in centre midfield. Bringing in 1 starter and 1 decent back up won't block Pollock imo. It should block Andy Halliday etc

Edited by Taffin

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Id hardly describe them as academy  prospects though. They all played numerous times previously and made their debuts 3/4/5 years ago.

We've currently got nobody outside of Haring (and he needs to get his mojo back) at the required level in centre midfield. Bringing in 1 starter and 1 decent back up won't block Pollock imo. It should block Andy Halliday etc

I think Halliday will be good for us this season. Think he’s looked much improved in the 3-4-3 and I think he will really thrive when Tynecastle is rocking again …

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think Halliday will be good for us this season. Think he’s looked much improved in the 3-4-3 and I think he will really thrive when Tynecastle is rocking again …

Thought he was anonymous the other night and didn't start against Peterhead so I'm guessing he was good against Cove which to be fair I didn't see. Personally I think he's a decent guy to have in the squad as his versatile but for me a team playing him CM in a 343 aren't going to get into the European places. Hope he proves you right and me wrong though, very much so 👍👍

From what I've watched so far, bottom 6 without a shadow of doubt, injuries to Boyce, Gordon, Smith and we will find ourselves in the deep smeling brown stuff, a bit like 2 seasons ago.

We are unfortunately still mostly the same players who struggled in a lower league and I cannot for the life of me understand the opinions that have us top 6.

Each to their own though..

Hope I am proven wrong obviously.

Pash squad, manager and tactics with no plan B, oh wait, Hearts Fc...

Right now with our current squad we will finish between 8th-6th imo, if we were to get another 3/4 top players in the right positions we could be top 4 material, I will wait and see what happens over the next few weeks in regards to incomings before I make my final prediction.