Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold

lou

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Someone mentioned 11,000 above so I just went with that. 

Yep. I hope we sell as many as possible but for the first time in years I hesitated.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambof3tornado

• been here before

• jr ewing

Bear in mind that folks who have more than 1 ST holder in the household need only purchase one ST for streaming of games and reserve all others at £25. 

kingantti1874

Do we think the 7k included or excluded the £25 option. 

if it’s the latter I think it’s not that bad

Edited by kingantti1874

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Bear in mind that folks who have more than 1 ST holder in the household need only purchase one ST for streaming of games and reserve all others at £25. 

Yeah, there a lot of influencing factors this season. 

davemclaren
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Do we think the 7k included or excluded the £25 option. 

if it’s the former I think it’s not that bad

I think it excluded it as it isn’t a renewal, by their own definition, it’s just paying for an option to renew. 

I speak to a lot of Jambos…. some like me are not renewing and some are. But one thing we all agree on is the football on offer is horrible. So the guys are mainly renewing due to habit - I was one for the last few years. 

I know for a fact there is discontent behind the scenes at where the club is heading under Neilson and the hierarchy are well aware of the fans apathy towards him. 

Clerry Jambo
15 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I speak to a lot of Jambos…. some like me are not renewing and some are. But one thing we all agree on is the football on offer is horrible. So the guys are mainly renewing due to habit - I was one for the last few years. 

I know for a fact there is discontent behind the scenes at where the club is heading under Neilson and the hierarchy are well aware of the fans apathy towards him. 

If the club know their is discontent and I’m sure they do, it’s an even bigger own goal keeping Neilson on. They have boobed again like previously and not learnt any lessons 

9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

If the club know their is discontent and I’m sure they do, it’s an even bigger own goal keeping Neilson on. They have boobed again like previously and not learnt any lessons 

It is completely and utterly baffling...

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, blairdin said:

It is completely and utterly baffling...

Stubbornness and a complete lack of understanding as to how football actually works.

Im 100% sure Ann Budge believes Robbie can turn it around. He’s a dead man walking and he has been since Brora. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Stubbornness and a complete lack of understanding as to how football actually works.

Im 100% sure Ann Budge believes Robbie can turn it around. He’s a dead man walking and he has been since Brora. 

The problems being created by said stubbornness, lack of understanding and blind faith in Robbie are running far beyond the first team though. 

50 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

The club DO know, but their way of dealing with it is to tell Robbie he must change or he is out.

heartsfc_fan

I'll be renewing (20th consecutive season) just not got round to it and we have another 3 or so weeks so no rush.

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The club DO know, but their way of dealing with it is to tell Robbie he must change or he is out.

change into a competent manager? An inspirational leader. 

I may as well tell myself I’ve still got a chance with Kate Beckinsale 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Not really sure what point you are trying to make here. No one has said we've been good recently whether they are renewing or not 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

customer is always right, if sales are down it’s the clubs fault. 

No its the uncertainty of when they will be allowed to actually go to a game 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

No its the uncertainty of when they will be allowed to actually go to a game 

no it isn’t.  We have no more or less certainty that other clubs and to the best of my knowledge they haven’t been impacted.

the reason is Robbie Neilson imo . The fans said they wouldn’t renew very clearly and on more than one occasion and a proportion of them will follow through and not renew. 

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

no it isn’t.  We have no more or less certainty that other clubs and to the best of my knowledge they haven’t been impacted.

the reason is Robbie Neilson imo . The fans said they wouldn’t renew very clearly and on more than one occasion and a proportion of them will follow through and not renew. 

I've no idea how other clubs st sales are going but I'm pretty sure ours will be the envy of most other clubs with or without Robbie Neilson in charge 

There is one thing I believe is crystal clear.  If the eye bleeding stuff is back on the menu early next season, the board and CEO are going to have a major issue to deal with effectively.

Silence or utter drivel just won't cut it.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Spot on.

3 hours ago, ramrod said:

I think most will be waiting to see if the Scottish govt are letting in 50% +  of stadium capacity rather than the brand of football we are playing tbh 

100%

there’s a few on here who don’t buy season tickets anyway but have a lot to say on the matter. Incredible.

Edited by 1971fozzy

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m sure that’s true but the challenge is measuring that with all the covid stuff going on as well. Anyway, we should have detail on the final renewal numbers after the 15th July and we can all pontificate on it then. 

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m sure that’s true but the challenge is measuring that with all the covid stuff going on as well. Anyway, we should have detail on the final renewal numbers after the 15th July and we can all pontificate on it then. 

We could sell 20k and some on here could put a negative spin on it 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, blairdin said:

What sanctimonious pish. The club will be there, regardless of whether 5,000 or 10,000 renew. 

A season ticket, my FoH contribution, a jersey, it adds up to around £1200 a year. I won't be alone, as a support many of us have pumped more into Hearts than supporters of any other club in Scotland. Massive amounts of our money, and what do we get in return?

A further complication I have is I'm related to someone on the payroll at our club. Their work is not a good place to be - first team issues filter down through the rest of the club. Things need to be different, and blood is thicker than water - I wouldn't feel right renewing knowing how they feel about their work just now, and how things are looking for them at the time I need to make a decision will strongly influence whether I convert my £25 reservation to my usual season ticket brief.

Kickback and the fans were pretty much united in our view that last season was not acceptable. Nothing has changed. We're all desperate to get back to the games with our mates but, let's face it, Tynie will be at its hostile poisonous best if Robbie continues to serve up what we seen last season so what am I missing.

I'll be back at Hearts, as the club and the fans are the only constant.

Thanks for the info, be careful what you say on here though as a message I put up with the persons name blacked out mysteriously found it’s way back to the club and I had to ask to get it removed as my mate had got into trouble. 

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Very True Dave.  In all honesty I just wish we were going into the new season as a United support.  The negativity was entirely avoidable - all it needed was a logical decision 

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Most supporters that are renewing are going back to support Hearts I would think. 

Yup. I want neilson gone but he isnt. I'm not going to stay away from tynecastle when I can show up in person to vent my spleen at his shite tactics!!!

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yup. I want neilson gone but he isnt. I'm not going to stay away from tynecastle when I can show up in person to vent my spleen at his shite tactics!!!

As is your right. I’m hoping for a bit more than that though. 😄

I think a lot of people will have taken the view that they need to ensure that in these Covid disrupted times, personal finances will determine whether or not they can renew. Some are fortunate to have confide that they can afford to renew. I don’t think many make their decisions on who Hearts manager is. Personally I am among the fortunate who can afford to renew and have no reservation in doing so. I am not an Ann fan nor a Robbie fan I am a Hearts fan. I like going to tynecastle I like watching games at tynecastle I love when hearts win, but when we lose I feel terrible but I will go back. If hearts didn’t exist , my interest in football would end. I cannot believe that the anti Robbie/Ann brigade on here are representatives of the wider support. This forum is becoming a tedious platform for the angry ‘I want it all and I want it now’ generation. It’s a football team and a way of life take it or leave it but don’t spoil it for others who actually support ‘the club’. 

43 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

I think a lot of people will have taken the view that they need to ensure that in these Covid disrupted times, personal finances will determine whether or not they can renew. Some are fortunate to have confide that they can afford to renew. I don’t think many make their decisions on who Hearts manager is. Personally I am among the fortunate who can afford to renew and have no reservation in doing so. I am not an Ann fan nor a Robbie fan I am a Hearts fan. I like going to tynecastle I like watching games at tynecastle I love when hearts win, but when we lose I feel terrible but I will go back. If hearts didn’t exist , my interest in football would end. I cannot believe that the anti Robbie/Ann brigade on here are representatives of the wider support. This forum is becoming a tedious platform for the angry ‘I want it all and I want it now’ generation. It’s a football team and a way of life take it or leave it but don’t spoil it for others who actually support ‘the club’. 

Folk forget it's supposed to be an entertainment we're paying for. Precious few games last season could be described as that. 

21 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Folk forget it's supposed to be an entertainment we're paying for. Precious few games last season could be described as that. 

Away from home I totally agree , however at Tynecastle it could be argued we got entertainment the majority of the time.

neilsons real problem isn’t home games it’s away games in which he is fekin woeful

15 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I agree.  Same was said about Levein but figures were around the same.  Robbie is nowhere near as bad and wasteful as Levein was so I think your right, it seems a tad convenient if folk aren’t buying for that reason.

I have asked on various threads who the Robbie haters would appoint as a new manager and await an answer. You see how left field the new Celtic manager is to see how risky it is in an industry where after a bad result certain supporters will be calling for your head.

2 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I'll be renewing (20th consecutive season) just not got round to it and we have another 3 or so weeks so no rush.

I have four to buy including three with balances outstanding from last season but I will pop up next week and settle the bill and look forward to season 59 watching the Jambos. Always Hearts to quote the great Dave Mackay.

10 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I have asked on various threads who the Robbie haters would appoint as a new manager and await an answer. You see how left field the new Celtic manager is to see how risky it is in an industry where after a bad result certain supporters will be calling for your head.

Those same posters would be all over a new "sack the manager" thread after 5 games of indifferent results.

heartsfc_fan
16 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I have four to buy including three with balances outstanding from last season but I will pop up next week and settle the bill and look forward to season 59 watching the Jambos. Always Hearts to quote the great Dave Mackay.

👍👍

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, frankblack said:

Those same posters would be all over a new "sack the manager" thread after 5 games of indifferent results.

Fans should always demand success or relative success.  This lack of standards and the lack of demand is one of the primary differences between the old firm and the rest of us.  It’s no coincidence that players go there and suddenly improve.. they are just trying harder. 

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, frankblack said:

like we did with Stendel? I don’t recall any fans actually demanding his head !

The Treasurer
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Away from home I totally agree , however at Tynecastle it could be argued we got entertainment the majority of the time.

neilsons real problem isn’t home games it’s away games in which he is fekin woeful

We've been woeful away from home for years. You can't make a unique Neilson problem

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Fans should always demand success or relative success.  This lack of standards and the lack of demand is one of the primary differences between the old firm and the rest of us.  It’s no coincidence that players go there and suddenly improve.. they are just trying harder. 

There has to be a touch of reality attached to any demands.  Players go to the Old Firm and are playing with better players which gives more time for them on the ball compared to the likes of us.  Those better players are generally purchased at a value well out of our budget.

Our problem is more about acquiring the better players at a budget.  We haven't had a strong team since Neilson left the first time.  Hopefully changes in scouting are going to rectify this.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

like we did with Stendel? I don’t recall any fans actually demanding his head !

There were plenty of dissenting voices around Stendel's time, and many not bothered when his contract was terminated.  If you go through the sack the manager threads for the past X number of managers you start to see a pattern with the same names appearing each time over and over again.

Just say we did sack Robbie our only realistic target would be Derek MacInnes who never impressed me as having Aberdeen playing free flowing, entertaining football. Anyone else from outside Scotland would be a huge gamble as they would need around 2-3 seasons to change things around and learn the league and they would get 3 months if lucky from some of our fans. Robbie will get next season and as a fan I will support him and hopefully we get rewarded for it with success. 

22 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There were plenty of dissenting voices around Stendel's time, and many not bothered when his contract was terminated.  If you go through the sack the manager threads for the past X number of managers you start to see a pattern with the same names appearing each time over and over again.

In all fairness Frank the pattern seems to be not listening to these posters who have been proven correct. 

I understand the negativity with Robbie is tiresome but so is the sanctimonious talk of never being allowed to criticise the club. 

Jambof3tornado
11 hours ago, davemclaren said:

As is your right. I’m hoping for a bit more than that though. 😄

What is it that gives you this hope you talk of??? Serious question, I used to have it but then realised it wasnt hope but blind faith based on loving HMFC.

Jambof3tornado
53 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Just say we did sack Robbie our only realistic target would be Derek MacInnes who never impressed me as having Aberdeen playing free flowing, entertaining football. Anyone else from outside Scotland would be a huge gamble as they would need around 2-3 seasons to change things around and learn the league and they would get 3 months if lucky from some of our fans. Robbie will get next season and as a fan I will support him and hopefully we get rewarded for it with success. 

If we arent in the top 4 by xmas I think he will be under extreme pressure, especially if the standard of play is like last season.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

What is it that gives you this hope you talk of??? Serious question, I used to have it but then realised it wasnt hope but blind faith based on loving HMFC.

Because I’ve seen it happen often before - good season followed by poor season or poor season followed by good season with essentially the same team and coaches. Small changes can make a big difference. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Because I’ve seen it happen often before - good season followed by poor season or poor season followed by good season with essentially the same team and coaches. Small changes can make a big difference. 

My issue is we appear to never build something, in recent years. We bring youth in then they disappear and go nowhere, our use of loans on the whole is poor, our signings in general havent been that good.

1st round of games will be a massive chance for Robbie to get doubters like me back onside but this all feels a bit like when Levein stayed on longer than he should have.

1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

My prediction is Robbie will be gone by November. He has no credit in the bank from fans, then there's the element that never wanted him back and then those that think he should have been sacked after Brora and the subsequent defeat to QoS at home ( I'm in the last group fwiw).

Having said all that if I'm wrong I'll happily have a few slices of humble pie.👍

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

My issue is we appear to never build something, in recent years. We bring youth in then they disappear and go nowhere, our use of loans on the whole is poor, our signings in general havent been that good.

1st round of games will be a massive chance for Robbie to get doubters like me back onside but this all feels a bit like when Levein stayed on longer than he should have.

I agree that he can’t afford not start the season well 

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

We've been woeful away from home for years. You can't make a unique Neilson problem

He gives teams far too much respect away from home. It is definitely his problem now. 

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He gives teams far too much respect away from home. It is definitely his problem now. 

Especially Brora and Alloa.

• davemclaren changed the title to Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold