scott mcgill

wattie exploited

wattie exploited

just came off the bench and scored a brilliant goal for Airdrie  great young talent from hearts 

looks like we have a good few good young players to look forward to in the next couple of years :rifle:

Edited by wattie exploited

Just now, wattie exploited said:

just came off the bench and scored a brilliant goal for Airdrie  great young talent from hearts 

Is he away on loan ?

wattie exploited
Just now, jambocub said:

Is he away on loan ?

yeah he signed today today I believe :rifle:

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Why are Hearts loaning that **** Murray any players ?

To get them game time to develop. 

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Would much prefer to keep these guys around and give them game time 

Cant give them all game time.

kingantti1874
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Cant give them all game time.

why? We could give them 10 starts 5 subs something like that.

our lobs policy hasn’t really worked out well to date, midfield player in particular I don’t think it benefits to go play on shit pitches and get kicked up and down for a year. 

August Landmesser
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Would much prefer to keep these guys around and give them game time 

Aye, especially now we have the new 11 subs per game rule, we'd be mad to let any youngsters leave to get game time anywhere. That's no way to develop them, letting them play first team football. No good will come of it. Keep them sitting on the bench watching games at Tynie for free says I.

tartofmidlothian
7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Why are Hearts loaning that **** Murray any players ?

Said on the other thread, aren't Neilson and Murray friends?

Maroon Sailor
Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

Said on the other thread, aren't Neilson and Murray friends?

Feck knows but I wouldn't loan that **** a fiver

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Aye, especially now we have the new 11 subs per game rule, we'd be mad to let any youngsters leave to get game time anywhere. That's no way to develop them, letting them play first team football. No good will come of it. Keep them sitting on the bench watching games at Tynie for free says I.

so sending cultured midfield players to get the shit kicked out of them on crap pitches is the way?  I mean - it’s a policy thats worked out so well for us up until now 👀

im not against loans for the right players - to the right club in the right league. But some players I think would be better off staying. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Well done to Scott, I hope he has a great season at airdrie and develops and becomes more first team ready for us next season

davemclaren
Just now, gregzy2k7 said:

Well done to Scott, I hope he has a great season at airdrie and develops and becomes more first team ready for us next season

Or the second half of this season. 

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

so sending cultured midfield players to get the shit kicked out of them on crap pitches is the way?  I mean - it’s a policy thats worked out so well for us up until now 👀

im not against loans for the right players - to the right club in the right league. But some players I think would be better off staying. 

In this case, McGill did not play any football last season despite being on the fringes of the first team, so a loan sounds a good move to me. I am happy that Savage football department seems to have thought long and hard about youth development this summer. McLaughlan and Naismith have been installed into roles with the express purpose of helping these young players who are on the fringes, kick on and get up to first team standards. So they will have had their say so I back their decision. 

Auldbenches
20 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Feck knows but I wouldn't loan that **** a fiver

I'd give him a fiver and pound.  A five pound note and a pound coin.   

'Here's a wee reminder of a score line that really mattered' 

33 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

poultry in motion

:vrface: 

That’s quite enough of that, thank you.  🙄

Delighted for the boy, felt he should have gone out on loan last season and come into first team fold this season.  

Hopefully Pollock gets more of a look in across the season.  To develop our young lads we need to give them game time, its the only way that they will develop.  Really rate Connor Smith and hope he gets game time this season rather that some journeyman brought in a panic.

kingantti1874
34 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

In this case, McGill did not play any football last season despite being on the fringes of the first team, so a loan sounds a good move to me. I am happy that Savage football department seems to have thought long and hard about youth development this summer. McLaughlan and Naismith have been installed into roles with the express purpose of helping these young players who are on the fringes, kick on and get up to first team standards. So they will have had their say so I back their decision. 

All fair points. I just think it’s been a default action over the past few years and I don’t susbscribe to the view it will be the right step for every player . Let’s see - I certainly hope pollock and Smith stay - the latter is old enough now

It's odd that the players coming through right now all seem to be coming through in the same role.

McGill & Pollock both appear to be forward thinking central midfield players and Smith too if I remember correctly

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

why? We could give them 10 starts 5 subs something like that.

our lobs policy hasn’t really worked out well to date, midfield player in particular I don’t think it benefits to go play on shit pitches and get kicked up and down for a year. 

They won't all get 10 starts though, the best option will sometimes be a loan to try and play 25 plus games  a season. I do think we need to figure out why so many of our kids return from loan spells and are rarely seen again. I assume they still have very close contact with the club etc but just think its obvious theres a problem or hopefully was a problem which we have now dealt with.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, davie1980 said:

It's odd that the players coming through right now all seem to be coming through in the same role.

McGill & Pollock both appear to be forward thinking central midfield players and Smith too if I remember correctly

Never a striker coming through thats good enough!!!???? 

What a cracking goal!! Well done to him.

Disappointed we've loaned him out though. Our central mid is weak imo and the (admittedly) few times I've seen him I thought he looked a really good player. 

Maroon Sailor
41 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:vrface: 

That’s quite enough of that, thank you.  🙄

🤣

Horatio Caine
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What a cracking goal!! Well done to him.

Disappointed we've loaned him out though. Our central mid is weak imo and the (admittedly) few times I've seen him I thought he looked a really good player. 

I know, but the young guys can be inconsistent, and to play them every week in the premiership would be asking for trouble when all the experts on here start analysing every kick of the ball.  At least he can develop his game out of the spotlight and if he has a bad game, the JKB pundits won't be hounding him.

we've got a centre back who isn't doing very well and a guy who's best position is left back playing central midfield.And it's quite painfull to watch.McGill in the few chances we got to see him last season looked really good and he's a central midfielder.We are threadbare in the middle of the park.And our only signing is a left back who is about the same age as McGill and so far doesn't look that good and we are not bad of at left back.Another stupid decision.

Lone Striker

Presumably RN rates Pollock ahead of McGill then ?   Anyway, it's very refreshing to see a Hearts player take one touch to make space for himself and shoot accurately  from outside the box - hopefully thats a skill he practices and uses when he comes back to us.   

2 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

yeah he signed today today I believe :rifle:

Good stuff and a great start to his loan spell

Howdy Doody Jambo

Superb strike, is Micky Cameron not assistant manager at Airdrie? Also maybe Scotty going out on loan suggests a new player is on the way pronto 

gorgie rd eh11

Great goal Scott. I'll try and turn it into a negative for Hearts but i'm toiling. I'm sure the experts will be along soon.

Niemi’s gloves
5 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Great goal Scott. I'll try and turn it into a negative for Hearts but i'm toiling. I'm sure the experts will be along soon.

You can’t have read through the thread. Some of the usual naysayers have already done their best to turn it into a negative. 

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

True, he looks to be a talent as does pollock, academy hopefully getting more of an opportunity in future.

Ernie Eskilsson

I’d rather see McGill, Smith and Pollock in our squad this season. I like a mixture of youth and experience. Over the last few years we’ve consistently chosen older journeymen players and loaned out the youngsters. It hasn’t worked well for any of the kids and it hasn’t worked for the first team either. 

TyphoonJambo
7 hours ago, ctc said:

we've got a centre back who isn't doing very well and a guy who's best position is left back playing central midfield.And it's quite painfull to watch.McGill in the few chances we got to see him last season looked really good and he's a central midfielder.We are threadbare in the middle of the park.And our only signing is a left back who is about the same age as McGill and so far doesn't look that good and we are not bad of at left back.Another stupid decision.

I think we may have clinched the whelm midfielder. Klaxon before the weekend?

9 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

I know, but the young guys can be inconsistent, and to play them every week in the premiership would be asking for trouble when all the experts on here start analysing every kick of the ball.  At least he can develop his game out of the spotlight and if he has a bad game, the JKB pundits won't be hounding him.

True, but given the quality of player we have and the quality of the premiership if they're good enough I'm not sure they'll fare much worse than the experienced players...but I guess they may take the criticism worse. I'm not necessarily suggesting to play him every week but on at 60 minutes in games, starting against the weaker ones, playing in the league cup etc.

I'm maybe getting ahead of myself, it's not often I buy into the hype of the youngsters (didn't really rare Irving for example) but I just thought this guy has it.

Ford Prentice
9 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Presumably RN rates Pollock ahead of McGill then ?   Anyway, it's very refreshing to see a Hearts player take one touch to make space for himself and shoot accurately  from outside the box - hopefully thats a skill he practices and uses when he comes back to us.   

Pollock is younger, may not even have a driving license yet. If he doesn't get much game time he may go out on loan in January.

McGill's loan is to December so he could be brought back in January,

Lone Striker
12 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Superb strike, is Micky Cameron not assistant manager at Airdrie? Also maybe Scotty going out on loan suggests a new player is on the way pronto 

CC  left them last year.  Apparently  Sir Fergie's brother Martin is their chairman.

16 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That's my theory, a 6 month loan, back for tail end of season and score the winning goal in the cup final.

14 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Exactly.  Perhaps he could have showed an example to his senior players if he was still here!

colinmorewasgash

Neilson just copying what his mentor did. Too me hes just a younger version. Levein throws in cochrane v tims  then smith in a derby get fans off back see youth. Were hardly seen again Neilson plays pollock just feels a bit same too me while loaning out players before season starts another levein trait. Surely keep some young players in case our so called targets turn us down because we have so many players in First team currently with history of injuries then by august we will be short of players and again last minute panic bringing in players who nobody wants to fill squad and hope they ll work. Do we have any young strikers at all at our club 16 17 18 19 20 (not henderson) I mean or we just don't have any that could get a chance under current regime. Id rather hve 4 or 5 kids on fringe off a first team squad than some donkey who made 90 appearances in 10 years or a english league journeyman with injury problems who was good 6 years ago. Grounddog day and anyone who thinks we will be third there is rooms available at royal ed my daughter is a nurse she will book you in. 

Doc savage aint a miracle worker and Robbie aint bielsa. 

First 3 

Loss 

Draw or 1 0 defeat 

Draw