First 3 league games

gregzy2k7

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

7 from 9 is a great start from 3 difficult games. On paper it looks great at least.

It’s what Neilson does, pretty crap football in the main but it gets results. We’ve seen this movie before with him and twice with his mentor. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Morgan

• Kiwidoug

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Let’s not beat around the bush, 7 from 3 is a fantastic start and 2 favourable fixtures coming up. 

13 out of 15 points before the internationals would be marvellous. 

It is but the performances have been average at best. 
We only play Utd before the break. Hope we have a new signing in by then. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You have to take into account quality of the opposition, 2nd, 4th and 7th only missing out on 6th by a disputed goal, last season. 

Considering we are struggling to get our targets in, Neilson visibly frustrated by that yesterday, its an excellent return and the performances I believe are being willingly undersold.

8/10 so far. It should only get better as the team evolves

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

In a way I’m happy the performances are average because it solidifies our need for new players. If we’d been good, I’m worried RN would’ve taken the approach that we didn’t need anymore!

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You have to take into account quality of the opposition, 2nd, 4th and 7th only missing out on 6th by a disputed goal, last season. 

Considering we are struggling to get our targets in, Neilson visibly frustrated by that yesterday, its an excellent return and the performances I believe are being willingly undersold.

8/10 so far. It should only get better as the team evolves

A Celtic team at the best point we could play them, St Mirren with under half our budget and a team we regularly beat at home under any manager who just got beat thousands of miles away on a dodgy pitch?

We were poor against Celtic, average against St Mirren and a bit toothless on an attacking sense yesterday with glaring deficiencies in a few areas. 
As for getting players in he’s not getting the best out of GMS or McEneff so I would hang my hat on him doing it with other new signings. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

A Celtic team at the best point we could play them, St Mirren with under half our budget and a team we regularly beat at home under any manager who just got beat thousands of miles away on a dodgy pitch?

We were poor against Celtic, average against St Mirren and a bit toothless on an attacking sense yesterday with glaring deficiencies in a few areas. 
As for getting players in he’s not getting the best out of GMS or McEneff so I would hang my hat on him doing it with other new signings. 

:lol:

Celtic have knocked in goals galore and should have been out of sight against the Danes had they taken their chances. As I said, undersold. For 70 minutes yesterday we didnt have a problem, it never ceases to amaze me that folk don't realise, or simply can't accept the other team are going to have periods where they dominate you.

Sorry just cant take that seriously at all

Pasquale for King
Just now, Sir Gio said:

:lol:

Celtic have knocked in goals galore and should have been out of sight against the Danes had they taken their chances. As I said, undersold. For 70 minutes yesterday we didnt have a problem, it never ceases to amaze me that folk don't realise, or simply can't accept the other team are going to have periods where they dominate you.

Sorry just cant take that seriously at all

Yeah and they were knocked out the CL qualifiers by Midtjylland who the Huns dispatched easily last season. 
If anyone doesn’t think that it was the best time this season to play Celtic they are utterly clueless. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

In a way I’m happy the performances are average because it solidifies our need for new players. If we’d been good, I’m worried RN would’ve taken the approach that we didn’t need anymore!

I cant agree, nothing he’s ever done would make me think he doesn’t always want more players.
He signed 13 last season, one for 5 games.

If he didn’t sign anymore players he would have to play and coach kids, something he’s never done. 

7 points from those opening 3 fixtures is a brilliant return, anyone saying otherwise is either deluded or at it. Probably the same folk that argued we'd go straight back down. 

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I cant agree, nothing he’s ever done would make me think he doesn’t always want more players.
He signed 13 last season, one for 5 games.

If he didn’t sign anymore players he would have to play and coach kids, something he’s never done. 

The championship season he had a lot of homegrown talent at the time, arguable his best season! 

Paterson

McKay

McHattie

Nicholson

Walker

Oliver

McGhee

Holt

Carrick

King

Yes there was an experienced spine but he had a lot of youth in there.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The championship season he had a lot of homegrown talent at the time, arguable his best season! 

Paterson

McKay

McHattie

Nicholson

Walker

Oliver

McGhee

Holt

Carrick

King

Yes there was an experienced spine but he had a lot of youth in there.

None of whom he gave a debut to, they were all established first team players with a minimum of 20-40 games under their belt. 
I wouldn’t say he improved any of them before they all left. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

None of whom he gave a debut to, they were all established first team players with a minimum of 20-40 games under their belt. 
I wouldn’t say he improved any of them before they all left. 

Doesn’t matter who gave them their debut, every single one of those players were between the age of 17-22 when they played that season and romped the league for us.

They were under his stewardship that season and we all know it could’ve went horribly wrong, but it didn’t. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Doesn’t matter who gave them their debut, every single one of those players were between the age of 17-22 when they played that season and romped the league for us.

They were under his stewardship that season and we all know it could’ve went horribly wrong, but it didn’t. 

Of course it does, those were established first team players and he had to play them.
When he has a choice he simply won’t play youngsters, we won’t see Finlay Pollock until April at the earliest, any other youngsters will only get a game in emergencies. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Of course it does, those were established first team players and he had to play them.
When he has a choice he simply won’t play youngsters, we won’t see Finlay Pollock until April at the earliest, any other youngsters will only get a game in emergencies. 

Go back to your point though, he “doesn’t play kids”. If they weren’t kids at that point what were they?

Is Woodburn at the experienced old age of 21 going to be a kid because he has very limited first team action or because Jurgen Klopp gave him his debut not Robbie that rules that out  ?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Go back to your point though, he “doesn’t play kids”. If they weren’t kids at that point what were they?

Is Woodburn at the experienced old age of 21 going to be a kid because he has very limited first team action or because Jurgen Klopp gave him his debut not Robbie that rules that out  ?

You’re trying to deflect now, he simply won’t play unproven youngsters and have to coach them to be better. Is that simple enough? 
The names you provided were not young unproven players, they all had experience at a higher level, Walker/Paterson/Nicholson maybe 3 years each.

Bazzas right boot

As predicted, with points coming in the rabid gang will start talking about flair and such shite. 

Also, for some bizarre reason pushing the youth thing, like playing youth is more important than points. 

Strange place this at times. 

I wonder if the PSG fans are fuming that they signed Messi and that means a yooof won't be playing. 

Pasquale for King

Happy clapper tag team are here, I’m out 😆😂👋🏿

Edited by Pasquale for King

I was wrong with my prediction, we've had a great start to the season. Hopefully more of the same in the next few games and from there we can push on for a top half finish.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I think he has kept running with the happy with the squad I've got line, up until yesterday. 3 key signings to come in. Gnando could be as good for us as Jet was for them yesterday, a gamechanger.