First 3 league games

gregzy2k7

avhudtheteeshirt

Looking at games played so far, I don't see the Armageddon predicted last season.

Teams like Motherwell and Livingston are not looking all that good.

Celtic is a team that you would want to play early on as they always start the season chopping and changing their team.

So for me, I think 9 points is not impossible from the first 3 games!!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• davemclaren

• Kiwidoug

4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Aberdeen and Celtic will be thinking the same of Hearts. Pretty obvious we need to strengthen our team however so far Neilson says he is frustrated over our signing attempts. 🤷‍♂️

Don't disagree, though going by Aberdeen's result tonight maybe o was a bit overly dismissive of where they are

Being honest, this looks difficult for us.

We needed 4 or 5 first team players who are better than what we had last year and it's debatable if we even have 1.

To get to a week before the first game without strengthening is mental. 

We still have a manager who can't motivate the players or build a team and we have big gaps in our squad.

I'll be surprised if we have more than 1 point after 3 games if the first team is the same as today.

Hackney Hearts

3 points.

2-1 win v Celtic

3-0 wins awarded to St Mirren and Aberdeen (Covid19 outbreak at Hearts)

RasberryJam

4 points.

We'll draw with St Mirren and confidently beat the sheep. I think Celtic will be decent this season.

1-1 vs St Mirren

2-0 vs Aberdeen

0-2 vs Celtic

5 points for me. A win and 2 draws. Who knows where and when but I’d take that right now. Anything of that nature and above is an excellent start given the fixtures.

• 5 weeks later...
Pasquale for King

Not sure if this formation can last unless we get players better suited to it, getting nothing from the wing backs and not much coming from centre midfield either really. 

4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

It’s a ****ing miracle we’ve got 7 points to be honest. We’ve looked poor in all 3 games. 

Remember the Levein 9 straight wins or whatever it was, well during that period I said there were a lot of poor performances, so when the bubble burst it would happen good and proper.

This has been a good start, probably better than expected, but I think this side will be more consistent over the course of the season. At least 2 or 3 need to come in though.

10 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

It’s a ****ing miracle we’ve got 7 points to be honest. We’ve looked poor in all 3 games. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95227755ec5f5198c6656

Very pleasantly surprised at us in taking 7 points tbh, you would of found it hard to find a Hearts fan that wouldn't have taken 7 points from 9 in the first 3 league games before a ball was kicked. 👏 fair play to our players and coaching staff.

My predictions for the next 3 are

Dundee Utd (a) 1-1 draw

Hibs (h) 2-1 win

Ross County (a) 0-1 win

Another 7 points I hope.

2 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

That’s not true.  Not sure if you expect 90 minutes of hearts dominance every game 🤷🏻‍♂️  But we have certainly played very well at times. No team in this division is going to dominate Celtic over 90 minutes. None. Any team that beats the old firm will at times be under the kosh.  It’s a hard league and we have just been promoted.  Away form is key. I’m sure at Tynecastle we will do just fine.

24 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Very pleasantly surprised at us in taking 7 points tbh, you would of found it hard to find a Hearts fan that wouldn't have taken 7 points from 9 in the first 3 league games before a ball was kicked. 👏 fair play to our players and coaching staff.

My predictions for the next 3 are

Dundee Utd (a) 1-1 draw

Hibs (h) 2-1 win

Ross County (a) 0-1 win

Another 7 points I hope.

I’d agree. As long as we beat these tramps from Leith To extend the natural order of Derby’s I’m happy. 
Dundee Utd (a) will be really tough so I’m thinking a draw.  Surely we can win at Ross County so I too am going for 7 points.  Would be amazing.

Delighted with the 7 points so far. Lots of potential with this squad, the new players will be key for us keeping it up. Woodburn with Beni would be quality. 

Rocky jamboa

The next 3 games are all winnable. I'll go for wins v Dundee utd and Ross Co and draw v the hobos - 7 points. 14/18 would be a great start.

2 hours ago, escobri said:

Delighted with the 7 points so far. Lots of potential with this squad, the new players will be key for us keeping it up. Woodburn with Beni would be quality. 

Would have bitten yer hand off for 7 points from our first 3 games - but our squad is paper thin and we need 4 players in minimum!

13 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Some interesting predictions on here. We can revisit later on today for a full view. 😎

What was your prediction? Oh wait, you didn't make one but you're happy just to criticise others who did. Shockaroonie!  Nothing better to do than troll other Hearts supporters constantly..... 

Dennis Reynolds
12 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

What was your prediction? Oh wait, you didn't make one but you're happy just to criticise others who did. Shockaroonie!  Nothing better to do than troll other Hearts supporters constantly..... 

Chill out. Flying off the handle at a pretty light hearted comment. Maybe time to call it a night.

alwaysthereinspirit
6 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

I don’t even know what this means. 

I think it means you’re a bit of a blether with a wee bit of Rev. I.M. Jolly thrown in for good measure. 

27 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Oddly enough I thought a thread discussing predictions after three games might be quite interesting to revisit after three games. Clearly not. 

7 points from 9, that is 5 points more that I predicted.  Yet I am angry due to Hearts playing shit.  Look at the stats and it shows such a different story.  New signings need to arrive within the next 7 days.

2 Home / 1 Away games:

Celtic 74% Possession

St Midden 50% Possession

Aberdeen 54% Possession

League Cup

Celtic 72% Possession

Even in the season Hearts got demoted, they (apart from the OF) usually maintained at least 60% possession. 

This is a false dawn and the squad needs strengthening and quickly.  All teams are still finding their feet due to COVID but Hearts current luck will not last much longer with this squad and a weak bench.

31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Oddly enough I thought a thread discussing predictions after three games might be quite interesting to revisit after three games. Clearly not. 

😂

8 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

7 points from 9, that is 5 points more that I predicted.  Yet I am angry due to Hearts playing shit.  Look at the stats and it shows such a different story.  New signings need to arrive within the next 7 days.

2 Home / 1 Away games:

Celtic 74% Possession

St Midden 50% Possession

Aberdeen 54% Possession

League Cup

Celtic 72% Possession

Even in the season Hearts got demoted, they (apart from the OF) usually maintained at least 60% possession. 

This is a false dawn and the squad needs strengthening and quickly.  All teams are still finding their feet due to COVID but Hearts current luck will not last much longer with this squad and a weak bench.

That is some backtracking! 

I'm delighted and I agree with the others who say that another 7 from the next 3 games would be equally good.

I expect rangers will beat us at ibrox but I hope we give them as good a battle as we give our next 3 oponents.

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

😂

That is some backtracking! 

Indeed it is, and happy to do so.

I think it would be good to keep this going throughout the season.  Might just take that initiative myself doing the next bump if I remember.

5 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

:rofl:

:olly:

A_A wehatethehibs

I will give him the benefit of the doubt as Baningene and Cochrane look good need more of them types, quality young pros. The points are on the board. But the football yesterday 2nd half was sickeningly bad to watch. No attempt to beat the press with football and put them on the back foot, we just launched howitzers. It honestly reminded me at times of watching Neilson the player. Woefully Uncomfortable on the ball when pressed. But competitive, plenty of fight, grafting and defensively solid enough. I’m just fed up watching that as a philosophy. 

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I will give him the benefit of the doubt as Baningene and Cochrane look good need more of them types, quality young pros. The points are on the board. But the football yesterday 2nd half was sickeningly bad to watch. No attempt to beat the press with football and put them on the back foot, we just launched howitzers. It honestly reminded me at times of watching Neilson the player. Woefully Uncomfortable on the ball when pressed. But competitive, plenty of fight, grafting and defensively solid enough. I’m just fed up watching that as a philosophy. 

I don't think that's totally true. There were times when we played it out from the back, zipping some nice passes around, but it all broke down in the final third, with Boyce running out of steam, Halliday's passes being cut out, etc. 

A_A wehatethehibs
13 minutes ago, Forrest said:

I don't think that's totally true. There were times when we played it out from the back, zipping some nice passes around, but it all broke down in the final third, with Boyce running out of steam, Halliday's passes being cut out, etc. 

Not after we scored. We were awful in our reaction to our goal. Went 1-0 up and the equaliser was inevitable Aberdeen played all the football after that. 

First half was OK and better football but that 2nd half was everything we thought we’d not have to watch anymore after Levein got sacked. We brought Aaron mceneff on and launched high balls to him. Absurd. But part of it is because Halliday Halkett and Smith are all poor footballers in possession. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

part_time_jambo
8 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

2 Home / 1 Away games:

Celtic 74% Possession

St Midden 50% Possession

Aberdeen 54% Possession

League Cup

Celtic 72% Possession

Possession is meaningless if you don’t do anything with it.

13 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Possession is meaningless if you don’t do anything with it.

Exactly. Celtic had 74% in game 1 and couldn't do a thing with it.

Ron Burgundy

Delighted with 7 out of 9 but we are not going to score many with this team so unless the defence is watertight the wheels will come off eventually.

As others have said our wingbacks are hopeless in that position.

Ex member of the SaS

7 out of nine is good there can be no doubt, BUT it could have been 9 out of 9 had Robbie not changed the formation trying to defend a one goal lead.

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Delighted with 7 out of 9 but we are not going to score many with this team so unless the defence is watertight the wheels will come off eventually.

As others have said our wingbacks are hopeless in that position.

Hopefully the players signed this week will help remedy that. 

RustyRightPeg

Let’s not beat around the bush, 7 from 3 is a fantastic start and 2 favourable fixtures coming up. 

13 out of 15 points before the internationals would be marvellous.