First 3 league games

gregzy2k7

So how many points do you think we are taking from our first 3 games?

Celtic (h) Prediction = 2-1 loss

St Mirren (a) prediction 0-0 draw

Aberdeen (h) prediction 2-0 win

I think it's a really tough start tbh, Would be happy with 4 points from that, the fact that we haven't signed much quality yet means I am going in to this season more in hope than expectation, of course that could change by this time next week tbf.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• davemclaren

• Kiwidoug

I'd settle happily for 6.  I know it's stating the obvious but I would be seething if we beat Celtic then dropped points to SM.

Gonna go for 7.

Celtic and Aberdeen will be awful under their respective managers and Boyce, Ginnelly and GMS will hit them on the break.

I expect St Mirren will sit in and frustrate us like so many Championship teams did last season.

Edited by number-16

August Landmesser

Of those, I fully expect Midden to be the most frustrating - a pissant club that we should be grinding face-first into the dirt, but one that will somehow come away with a point. The new Accies.

5-7 points from those three.

Aberdeen will be getting pumped regardless. Clowns.

August Landmesser

If we were to get 4 points, what would people prefer? 

Beat Celtic, draw with Midden lose to Sheep,

Beat Celtic, lose to Midden, draw with Sheep,

Lose to Celtic, beat Midden, draw with Sheep,

Lose to Celtic, draw Midden, beat Sheep.

Etc, it's a tedious question I know...

Rocky jamboa

Funny, I was looking at our first 6 fixtures on sky sports today and thinking we'd be looking at 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats. 

The other games are h*bs, Ross Co and Dundee utd I think. 

LarrysRightFoot

Every single game taken on its own is winnable. That’s got be the focus - going out to win every game we play. 

It's a tricky first three fixtures tbh. We could end up with 9pts, we could end up with none. Naturally hope we're closer to the former.

Tricky but who knows. Aberdeen really aren’t looking that great for me and Celtic look weaker so with both games being at home wins aren’t beyond us.

Our away form has been rank for years, so who knows. 

Id be very happy with 7 points tbh but maybe 9 points ??

Realistically I’m thinking draws v Celtic and st Mirren and a win v the sheep - 5 points

27 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I think we’ll get three points from the three games.  

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

3 points from the 3 games.

:greggy:

24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

42 minutes ago, Morgan said:

so that's 9 points voila 

StevenNaismith

Ginnelly and GMS are so key to how well we do this season, especially in the big games. Boyce is our best player but we need those two to provide for him. I’ll go for 4 points.

gorgie rd eh11

First three home fixtures, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs. Reduced crowds at our biggest attendance games. Unlucky that the "computer" pulled it out like that.

1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

First three home fixtures, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs. Reduced crowds at our biggest attendance games. Unlucky that the "computer" pulled it out like that.

I must disagree. At the Cove game, in spite of the reduced numbers, having 2000 fans spaced out over 4 stands was, in my humble opinion, far better than if they (we) had all been in, say, the Gorgie stand with 3 stands empty.

What's more; if our visitors have zero fans so as to maximise the home support then that can only be a good thing.

The 2000 at the Cove game all wanted to be there and were vocal.

Double, or tripple that, with no away fans and the atmosphere will be electric.

In my opinion.

1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

The computer doesn't seem kind to us.  I think it might be the Doncaster plus model which is highly unreliable.

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I think it's a really tough start tbh, Would be happy with 4 points from that, the fact that we haven't signed much quality yet means I am going in to this season more in hope than expectation, of course that could change by this time next week tbf.

Draw, win, win, 

bringonthesevco
11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I'd expect 4 points minimum from that.  7pts would be excellent though. 

Celtic W

St Johnstone D

Aberdeen W

If we can get a point from St Johnstone in our first 3 matches  then that’ll be a right bonus 😂😂

Feck it.

Put me down for 9 points.

Hearts 2-1 Celtic

St. Mirren 0-1 Hearts

Hearts 2-0 Aberdeen

upgotheheads

We should have a good idea of where we stand after those three fixtures. One side from the top, one from the bottom six (probably) and one we should be competing with for a European place.

The Future's Maroon
12 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Call it blind faith/loyalty or whatever but I’m confident of a good start...despite the lack of signings.

So much so I chucked £20 on us beating Celtic in the opening game, they are horseshit

2-1

0-2

2-0

😁

Ccjambo1874

7 points would be an excellent return but I imagine we will come away with the more predictable 3 or 4. Hopefully can use the home advantage to our benefit against celtic with there being no away fans. Rarest of rare opportunities.

Edited by Ccjambo1874

It's a tough start but also absolutely 100% the best time to be getting Celtic and Aberdeen you'd think.

Anything over 5 is good

Dennis Reynolds

4 points. 

We haven't won in Paisley since 2012 which is a horrific stat so whilst I want us to win there, just can't see it. They'll sit in and try catch us on the break which we don't do well against. Aberdeen look likey to be useless and I'm looking forward to them imploding. Can see us skelping them actually. Celtic will just be Celtic. We'll play 'not to get beat' when we should be throwing everything at them but Souttar or someone will get sent off and they'll get a penalty to win the game in the last minute.

Famous 1874

6 minimum. OF games are basically free hits, especially in Glasgow. 

St Mirren and Aberdeen are pants. Points dropped against either of them should be unacceptable. 

i’ll guess 7 points. 2-2 draw, and 2 2-0 wins. 

Ron Burgundy

9 is possible.

1 is more realistic. Celtic invariably hammer us, we don't play at all away from Tynie and a draw with the sheep is a good result considering I suppose these days.

Cut The Crap
13 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

The computer doesn't seem kind to us.  I think it might be the Doncaster plus model which is highly unreliable.

Gotta be honest and say that it's not a particularly hard start for a properly-run Hearts with competent recruitment and player development. 

Put another way, if we consider this daunting, almost any permutation of fixtures would also have been.

6pts the target for me. How close we get to that will start to give us an idea of where we site in this league. If we exceed it, things will be looking up!

Edited by Cut The Crap

J.T.F.Robertson
19 hours ago, Morgan said:

18 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Still be unbeaten then? Not too bad of a start. 👍

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

20 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'd settle happily for 6.  I know it's stating the obvious but I would be seething if we beat Celtic then dropped points to SM.

I’d bite yer hand off for 6 points from the first 3 games!

1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Still be unbeaten then? Not too bad of a bad start. 👍

:isee:

4 hours ago, Diego10 said:

It's a tough start but also absolutely 100% the best time to be getting Celtic and Aberdeen you'd think.

Anything over 5 is good

Aberdeen and Celtic will be thinking the same of Hearts. Pretty obvious we need to strengthen our team however so far Neilson says he is frustrated over our signing attempts. 🤷‍♂️

gowestjambo

Nil, then people realise Neilson needs sacked too late!

Our languid style isn't going to beat any decent team who press us.

I hope I am wrong apart from the Neilson part.....

Going for 1 point. 

Beat by Celtic - 1 or 2 nil.

Then a draw to either St Mirren or Aberdeen with a loss in the other game. 

Hope I'm wrong.