Could we draw hibs in last 16 of lc

Smoked-Glass

1 minute ago, wentworth jambo said:

While not perfect, if you can’t see progress from last season then you want to get to Specsavers - we could all pick individual stats to illustrate our argument - but some, like you, aren’t happy unless they’re unhappy.

I'm sick to the back teeth of us being losers.  Sick to the back teeth.  I would expect us to get 7 in a single game v a bunch of part timers.

If we were run and managed by winners they would not be happy with 2 nil scorelines v a bunch of diddies.

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If we were run and managed by winners they would not be happy with 2 nil scorelines v a bunch of diddies.

Think you should maybe support Man City

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, RENE said:

How can it be fair to count goals when some teams have been 'awarded 3-0 wins?

Probably fairer than any other way and even more so as you can't change the rules mid-competition* 

* unless you fancy demoting a sacrificial lamb in the midst of a pandemic 

Seedings in a diddy cup where some teams will play a maximum of 4 games to win it. Absolute nonsense,  it should just be an open open draw. But then I'm not a fan ofor seeding in any competition 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

These group stages come so early on they often see tighter score lines and even upsets that probably wouldn’t happen later in the season, not just involving us. 

You are right though imo, wins against the minnows we’ve been playing prove next to nothing. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

These group stages come so early on they often see tighter score lines and even upsets that probably wouldn’t happen later in the season, not just involving us. 

You are right though imo, wins against the minnows we’ve been playing prove next to nothing. 

Surely using that logic losing them would also prove nothing? However, I think we know what this board would look like if we had lost these games, or even one of them, given whet it looks like after 3 very comfortable wins.

A disaster if we lose and meaningless if we win seems to be the Phoodle lot's mantra. I mean, look how they acted after we lost a genuinely meaningless friendly!

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Surely using that logic losing them would also prove nothing? However, I think we know what this board would look like if we had lost these games, or even one of them, given whet it looks like after 3 very comfortable wins.

It’s always disappointing to lose against part time teams but if you look at the performances in last seasons groups compared to the league opener against Dundee it probably shows what I’m trying to say.

Hackney Hearts

I'm sick to the back teeth of us being losers.  Sick to the back teeth.  I would expect us to get 7 in a single game v a bunch of part timers.

Get real - winning by 7 is very rare in a football match, even if the teams are a couple of leagues apart.

Three months ago the best two teams in Scotland played cup matches at home against 3rd tier opponents:

Rangers 4 Cove 0

Celtic 3 Falkirk 0

Also Hibs beat QotS 3-1 and Aberdeen squeezed past Dumbarton 1-0.

The main thing is we've made a whole lot of chances in all 3 group games, and on another day could have won each of them by at least 4 or 5. And we haven't conceded (which is something losers do). 

2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Get real - winning by 7 is very rare in a football match, even if the teams are a couple of leagues apart.

Three months ago the best two teams in Scotland played cup matches at home against 3rd tier opponents:

Rangers 4 Cove 0

Celtic 3 Falkirk 0

Also Hibs beat QotS 3-1 and Aberdeen squeezed past Dumbarton 1-0.

The main thing is we've made a whole lot of chances in all 3 group games, and on another day could have won each of them by at least 4 or 5. And we haven't conceded (which is something losers do). 

Celtic take 7 of us form time to time - we can do it v diddies.

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

From time to time? Once in 147 years.

Proves my point.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We can, from time to time. 😄

The Treasurer

Remind me of all the other group games that have been won by big margins. Off the top of my head i I can think of maybe two or three 

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We can, from time to time. 😄

Yeah, there was Hamilton in '86.... and Arbroath on Christmas Eve... and probably some others going back a bit. 👍

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Remind me of all the other group games that have been won by big margins. Off the top of my head i I can think of maybe two or three 

Hearts are the biggest club in the entire group stages by some distance.

wentworth jambo

I8 is obviously well under 40 cos there is no way he lived through the late 70’s / early 80’s as a PHM - he’d have been swinging from a rafter !!

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

At the end of the day we have played 4 and a half hours of football versus 2 Scottish tier 3 sides and a tier 4 side and we have only scored 7 goals.

All part timers.

🤢🤮

22games nro

Watching the airdrie-Motherwell game in hesgoal, 2 cracking goals for Airdrie , 10. Minutes to go Motherwell fans leaving and Airdrie fans had a mini pitch invasion when they scored 😎😎

ps it’s 2-0

Edited by 22games nro

11 minutes ago, ramrod said:

If my maths are correct at 2-1 win on Sunday means we will be seeded and can't play Hibs  

4 teams can get 12 points. Dundee United already.

Dundee and St Mirren the others. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

4 teams can get 12 points. Dundee United already.

Dundee and St Mirren the others. 

Looking briefly at the rules we would better Dundee Utd with a 2-1 win , tied on goal difference and goals scored but 1 more away goal. 

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Looking briefly at the rules we would better Dundee Utd with a 2-1 win , tied on goal difference and goals scored but 1 more away goal. 

Fair enough. Good shout. 

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I try so hard to be positive but we are such a bunch of ****ing losers nowadays.

Currently on JKB page 1 of the Terrace we have:

·         Another ICT love in thread

·         A thread celebrating an unbeaten run of games v utter diddies

·         A thread discussing Scottish Clubs in Europe (not us)

·         A thread about how happy we are with our ‘Squad Transformation’

·         A 41 pager on Hearts women’s team

·         And this one, going through possible scenarios we can be seeded for the last 16 of the Scottish League Cup

:vrface:

Only a total loser would spend the time checking all this! In fact, only a total loser would spend any significant time on a message board they have such a low opinion of the content of!

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

If my maths are correct at 2-1 win on Sunday means we will be seeded and can't play Hibs  

Yep. Any win in which we score 2 or more goals will definitely see us seeded.

A 1-0 win would be good enough if St Mirren fail to beat Patrick by more than 1 goal or Dundee drop points against Forfar. There are probably now scenarios where we could fail to win and still be seeded but can't be bothered working them out, we'll know by kick-off.

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

we would better Dundee Utd with a 2-1 win , tied on goal difference and goals scored but 1 more away goal. 

2 more, I think?   (not that it matters)

They had two 1-0 away wins, ours were both 2-0.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

How many times does this happen, ever? 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I try so hard to be positive but we are such a bunch of ****ing losers nowadays.

·         And this one, going through possible scenarios we can be seeded for the last 16 of the Scottish League Cup

The thread regarding our unbeaten run doesn't celebrate it. 

bringonthesevco

Regardless of what happens in the Dundee or St Mirren matches all we have to do is 

Score Twice

Win

and we finish above Utd and are seeded

Harry Potter
18 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You love it bud😄

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, bringonthesevco said:

Regardless of what happens in the Dundee or St Mirren matches all we have to do is 

Score Twice

Win

and we finish above Utd and are seeded

As our game is the last of the group stages we will know exactly what is required before we kick off.