🤷🏿‍♂️

Yeah like calling someone a Tube 😂😂

21 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Imagine making a ‘trumpet’ comment.

🤷🏿‍♂️

Never a dull moment eh 🤷‍♂️

Alec Eiffel
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Keep in and around the squad. Keep him grounded, & we'll go from there.

He'll either be a Cochrane or a Hickey. Careful development is required. But his own attitude will determine which.

He is one up on Cochrane & Hickey, he's a Jambo.  I doubt he will sleep tonight.

Edited by Alec Eiffel

ford donald
Just now, Alec Eiffel said:

He is one up on Cochrane & Hickey, he's a Jambo.

Good luck to the lad,hopefully with the right coaching he wil be a success.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes he isn't good enough to start loan him out etc. 

Look at the cove thread 👍

I have 

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

Every ****ing thread FFS. 

Seemingly this will be off topic but well done to the young man and keep it going son. 

Hit the post in the last couple of games so it’s been coming. Good to see. 

Connor Smith hit the post v Sunderland.Another who looks promising.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes he isn't good enough to start loan him out etc. 

Look at the cove thread 👍

Hope he gets a lot more game time, he's got it that's for sure, 

Is it just me? I've watched all the games recently and i can't help thinking that Halket looks like a holding midfielder all day long.He passes well,likes to compete,shows composure on the ball and has good feet.Anyone?

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Well done Finlay proving all the doubters and haters wrong 👍

Doubters and hater's?

The young guy has just scored his first senior 

Who's actually doubted or hated him?

SuperstarSteve

Nice to see youth getting played. Most of them looking good but this lad stands out, plays with no fear.

I’d keep him around until January and if he’s not getting enough game time to develop loan him out. 

David McCaig

Pollock is by far the most complete young midfielder we have produced in a long time.

He has excellent technique, can handle himself physically, blessed with the clichéd good engine and most importantly seems to have a natural ability to ghost into the box.  He scored one yesterday and was in the perfect position to score a second 5 minutes later if Gnanduillet had played a better ball.

In many ways Pollock is already the player we hoped McAneff would be.

12 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Pollock is by far the most complete young midfielder we have produced in a long time.

He has excellent technique, can handle himself physically, blessed with the clichéd good engine and most importantly seems to have a natural ability to ghost into the box.  He scored one yesterday and was in the perfect position to score a second 5 minutes later if Gnanduillet had played a better ball.

In many ways Pollock is already the player we hoped McAneff would be.

McAneffs career at hearts will be ruined by a poor manager. 

A thread to celebrate a young man's first goal for the senior team.  No one could possibly come on and try to inject a negative.  Right?

Well done young man.

A_A wehatethehibs

Well done to young Finlay for netting his first goal and the fans have been unanimous in the praise for him. 

Great potential to be involved in our first team and the boy clearly has a great relationship with Neilson. Clearly that has been a big factor in his emergence, as Lee, Irving, Cochrane have made way for Pollock. And he has stepped in front of the older C. Smith in that position as well. 

So far he looks like capitalizing on the opportunity he has been given by this manager.

Start against Inverness and see if he can last the full 90 IMO. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

McAneffs career at hearts will be ruined by a poor manager. 

People are welcome to their opinions, but you need to get a grip mate

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

How long before “Celtic are keeping tabs on Hearts Wonderkid Pollock”…….

Straight after the first league game of the season. 

11 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Well done Finlay

Score next week and you could go about 4th in the League scorers table

1    Harry Cochrane    16y 07m 23d    Sun 17 Dec 2017  Hearts 4 Celtic 0 Premiership
2    Dave Bowman    17y 00m 25d    Sat 04 Apr 1981  Hearts 1 Kilmarnock 0 Premier
3    Jordan McGhee    17y 01m 00d    Sat 24 Aug 2013  Hearts 2 Aberdeen 1 Premiership
4    Tommy Walker    17y 03m 08d    Sat 03 Sep 1932  Hearts 4 Ayr United 2 Division A
5    Jackie Dewar    17y 04m 28d    Sat 29 Mar 1947  Hearts 1 Queens Park 3 Division A
6    Jimmy Wardhaugh    17y 05m 00d    Wed 21 Aug 1946  Celtic 2 Hearts 3 Division A
7    Alan Gordon    17y 06m 11d    Sat 25 Nov 1961  Raith Rovers 0 Hearts 1 Division 1
8    Tommy Walker    17y 07m 05d    Sat 31 Dec 1932  Airdrieonians 2 Hearts 7 Division A
9    Tommy Brown    17y 07m 09d    Sat 26 Nov 1938  Raith Rovers 1 Hearts 2 Division A
10    Scott Maxwell    17y 07m 23d    Sat 18 Apr 1981  Hearts 1 St Mirren 2 Premier

NOTE - this was created when HC scored so may now be out of date

Finlay slots into second place . 17 years and 23 days 

StirlingJambo

Boy looks promising. Makes some good runs going forward. Hopefully Pollock and Smith get a good run in the team this season.

Borders Jambo
37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Very much this.

This is a thread to celebrate a young player starting on his football career who has scored his first goal for Hearts.  The fact he is a supporter makes it even more special.

Well done FP, you have done something most of us have only dreamed about doing.  Now go on and fulfill your promise.  Very well done

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

How long before “Celtic are keeping tabs on Hearts Wonderkid Pollock”…….

I’ll go with a few days before we are due to play them.

Well done to the lad, will certainly give him a massive boost getting that goal.

Shanks said no
32 minutes ago, Bigteam said:

Finlay slots into second place . 17 years and 23 days 

We need someone more knowledgeable than me to update the list. For example when Hickey scored v vermin he was 17. Also need to watch for first league goal opposed to first competitive goal. Forum rules prevent me naming the stat man

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Am I the only on here that remembers last season? We have a mid-table starting eleven, not qlot of options on the bench and a manager that is scared to attack teams.

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Am I the only on here that remembers last season? We have a mid-table starting eleven, not qlot of options on the bench and a manager that is scared to attack teams.

No you aren’t the only one who remembers, however can we not, for once, actually enjoy having a genuine prospect to look positively on? 

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Plenty other threads for discussing the manager. 

How must it feel for a 17yo Hearts fan to score his first competitive goal for the Hearts ? 

Well done young man, here's hoping we see him develop into a first team regular and make us a fair few quid in about 10 years time

Could have had a second if he had done a Paul Hartley (or Callum Elliott)  and nipped in front of the defender instead of behind, but all part the learning process.

Well done again young man.

Edited by DETTY29

Maroon Sailor
13 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

He is one up on Cochrane & Hickey, he's a Jambo.  I doubt he will sleep tonight.

Finlay Pollock

He's one of our own

rudi must stay
15 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

On his first goal for the Famous.

Well done. He can now sit at lunch with Mihai Popescu and tell him he's got as many goals as him 

A_A wehatethehibs
19 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Well done. He can now sit at lunch with Mihai Popescu and tell him he's got as many goals as him 

And Neilson :lol: 

Bazzas right boot

Like the look of this lad. 

Unlucky not to score again yesterday. 

He's always looking to break the lines and get forward. 

Promising stuff. 

Boyces beard
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Like the look of this lad. 

Unlucky not to score again yesterday. 

He's always looking to break the lines and get forward. 

Promising stuff. 

Agree 100%, the lad looks a prospect and is clever with his running of the ball. For me, he has earned his right to a starting place and age should be no barrier if your good enough. Its possible with enough game time this season he could get 10+ goals from midfield.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jambo3tevie said:

Agree 100%, the lad looks a prospect and is clever with his running of the ball. For me, he has earned his right to a starting place and age should be no barrier if your good enough. Its possible with enough game time this season he could get 10+ goals from midfield.

Possibly. 

He should definitely get game time tho, and it's good to know we have a goal threat from him. 

First time I can remember a midfielder getting into so many scoring positions. He runs all day as well and can put his foot in. I like the look of him and I hope we don't loan him out. Keep him around and get him some minutes on the pitch, certainly doesn't look out of place in the side. 

I like him. Very different to midfielders we've produced lately. Good mobility. Looks like he could possibly play in the front 3 too.