Congratulations, Finlay Pollock

tartofmidlothian

Very decent player. Hope he is in and around the first team all season.ย 

ย 

He should be starting imho.

Edited by Longbaws

Hungry hippo

Developing very well. Pleased for him and hopefully he goes from strength to strength.

ย 

Will be interesting to see how he does against the Premiership teams but I'm confident he won't look too out of place.

jamboinglasgow

Certainly making the most of his game time which you want to see. Its pleasing that he proved himself in pre-season training to force his way into the first team where the original plan was to send him on loan. He has scored 1 goal in 3 competitive games this season and should have had a 2nd.ย 

ย 

Pleasing to see.

Well playe Finlay, nice goal and he put in some pretty good tackles too. A prospect.

Glamorgan Jambo

Well done Finlay. Hopefully will be part of the squad this season with a steady increase in time on the pitch and impact as the season plays out.

Japan Jambo

Was disappointed to see Andy leave but more than happy to have him replaced with this guy. Hopefully he gets game time and a fair, decent length contract.

Shanks said no

Well done Finlay

ย 

Score next week and you could go about 4th in the League scorers table

ย 

1ย ย  ย Harry Cochraneย ย  ย 16y 07m 23dย ย  ย Sun 17 Dec 2017ย  Hearts 4 Celtic 0 Premiership
2ย ย  ย Dave Bowmanย ย  ย 17y 00m 25dย ย  ย Sat 04 Apr 1981ย  Hearts 1 Kilmarnock 0 Premier
3ย ย  ย Jordan McGheeย ย  ย 17y 01m 00dย ย  ย Sat 24 Aug 2013ย  Hearts 2 Aberdeen 1 Premiership
4ย ย  ย Tommy Walkerย ย  ย 17y 03m 08dย ย  ย Sat 03 Sep 1932ย  Hearts 4 Ayr United 2 Division A
5ย ย  ย Jackie Dewarย ย  ย 17y 04m 28dย ย  ย Sat 29 Mar 1947ย  Hearts 1 Queens Park 3 Division A
6ย ย  ย Jimmy Wardhaughย ย  ย 17y 05m 00dย ย  ย Wed 21 Aug 1946ย  Celtic 2 Hearts 3 Division A
7ย ย  ย Alan Gordonย ย  ย 17y 06m 11dย ย  ย Sat 25 Nov 1961ย  Raith Rovers 0 Hearts 1 Division 1
8ย ย  ย Tommy Walkerย ย  ย 17y 07m 05dย ย  ย Sat 31 Dec 1932ย  Airdrieonians 2 Hearts 7 Division A
9ย ย  ย Tommy Brownย ย  ย 17y 07m 09dย ย  ย Sat 26 Nov 1938ย  Raith Rovers 1 Hearts 2 Division A
10ย ย  ย Scott Maxwellย ย  ย 17y 07m 23dย ย  ย Sat 18 Apr 1981ย  Hearts 1 St Mirren 2 Premier

ย 

NOTE - this was created when HC scored so may now be out of date

Well done lad. Great to see. Keep it up and keep the heid . Looking forward to seeing you play this season. All the best

Maroon Sailor

Don't feck his development by farming him out on loan.

ย 

It usually means a backwards step for a young Hearts player.

Agreed, I was wrong, he has given Neilson a problem, Haring looks off pace so we will see, but should be kept in and around team.

Shanks said no

This is courtesy of another poster who I can't name but he / she knows Heartsย history and heritage

ย 

According to London Hearts Finlay was bornย  ย  27-Jun-2004

DRZZi4LXcAAPp0t.jpg

ย 

Again this was created when HC scored so may be incorrect

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

despite the goal he always looks interested in the tackle/challenge . MUST not go on loan IMOย 

Definitely, team needs his energy.ย 

Hungry hippo

I can't think of a single player that has been making this sort of impact who has been sent on loan. No chance he'll go on loan now. He's a contender to start games and will certainlyget game time off the bench.

Don't know what all the fuss is about.ย  He's only scored one more goal for the Hearts than me.

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Don't know what all the fuss is about.ย  He's only scored one more goal for the Hearts than me.

ย 

Chin up Doug, you've still got plenty of time to catch up with him

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I can't think of a single player that has been making this sort of impact who has been sent on loan. No chance he'll go on loan now. He's a contender to start games and will certainlyget game time off the bench.

ย 

Looks the best option so far for the more attacking mid in theย 3-4-3. Imagine he'll be managed fairly carefully but if he's doing well I hope he stays in the team.

Delighted for him. He's really impressed so far this season, he's looked a threat in every game. I'd definitely keep him about the squad this season.ย 

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Well done Finlay proving all the doubters and haters wrong ๐Ÿ‘.ย 

ย 

ย 

What doubters and haters ?

2 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

what did he sayย 

ย 

Said he should be making make better decisions in front of goal in the cove game. Walloper

3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

What doubters and haters ?

The clowns that say he needs to be carefully developed if you're good enough you're old enough, lot of nonsense above.ย 

ย 

Should be kept around the squad even though they were saying a week ago get him loaned out, what a trumpet of a comment to make ๐Ÿค”.ย 

ย 

Boy is class play him.ย 

ย 

Edited by Bongo 1874

46 minutes ago, Scallywag said:

Deserved a goal in the last game, very pleased to see him get one tonight. Hopefully the first of many goals.

Thatโ€™s what I thought. Just reward for the Cove game. Good on the lad and, like you say, hopefully the first of many.ย 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The clowns that say he needs to be carefully developed if you are good enough you are old enough, lot of nonsense above.ย 

ย 

Should be kept around the squad even though they were saying a week ago get him loaned out, what a trumpet of a comment to make ๐Ÿค”.ย 

ย 

Boy is class play him.ย 

ย 

Imagine making a โ€˜trumpetโ€™ comment.

ย 

๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฟโ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

ย 

ย 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Gets in the box which I like.ย 

ย 

Definitely should be in the squad until Christmas, if he fades, stick him out in the January window, but all for having him in and around.ย 

ย 

Said on the match thread our strongest team on paper, but Halliday and Haring not a partnership I would want at home unless needing to clog up the midfield. Or away for that matter.ย 

ย 

Young Finlay looks ready for me, how long he lasts is more of the question, Hickey definitely went back a bit before coming on strong,ย  won't be a straight line for him.ย 

ย 

Really exciting thoughย 

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The clowns that say he needs to be carefully developed if you're good enough you're old enough, lot of nonsense above.ย 

ย 

ย 

Boy is class play him.ย 

ย 

So there was loads of comments doubting AND hating Pollock ?

Certainly missed that

4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

So there was loads of comments doubting AND hating Pollock ?

Certainly missed that

Yes he isn't good enough to start loan him out etc.ย 

ย 

Look at the cove thread ๐Ÿ‘.ย