Financials thread on Twitter

Longbaws

Ainsley Harriott
36 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Well done Hearts fans🇱🇻

Twiffic. Fire sale down fester road shortly 

gorgie rd eh11

Noticed this on twitter. A few teams "living outwith their means". I'm sure there'll be outrage in Lochend.

Rangers and Celtic revenue is at least 4 times anyone else, yet folk will be foaming when we get beat by them 

Still embarrassed we got relegated considering our budget. 

The TV money we get is a joke compared to other EU leagues. But nothing changes there. 

Was surprised to see the debt. I assume this is to do with the new stand?

But over all looks okay. 

Biffa Bacon
23 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

The TV money we get is a joke compared to other EU leagues. But nothing changes there. 

But over all looks okay. 

Or the revenues held up, even in a season where we were often at the bottom of the league. Think of the potential when we are challenging at the top.

gorgie rd eh11

Have we had the Hibs view on this?  Or is it ok to live outwith your means now? I suppose some random yank is only there for the benefit of the club. 🙃

When we can begin to more regularly sell players we can probably expect our profits to jump into the low seven figures, although I’m not sure if the club will attempt to immediately use the money or account for it over a period of time (instalments?) for tax reasons? I.e Hickey money for example. 

Celtic spent more than every club including Rangers on players and £46m more in wages than us….it’s never about wages until Celtic get rag dolled by European teams 🙄  Rangers £19m debt 😀

The Old Tolbooth
21 hours ago, I.T.K said:

But over all looks okay. 

I had put most of that debt down to what we owe Budge, once she goes then most of that should disappear I'd think. 

21 hours ago, I.T.K said:

But over all looks okay. 

we weren't relegated. we were voted out of the league.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I had put most of that debt down to what we owe Budge, once she goes then most of that should disappear I'd think. 

yeah I think that’s the case. It’s an unbelievable position,

if you remov prize money and tv revenues from the equation -  depleted due to our garbage performances, our Renault t/o is the third biggest in the country. Even more so considering Aberdeen also qualified for Europe and had European TV revenues and attendances 

get back into the top 3/4 and we should be able to stretch away from these teams financially and translate that to on field success

Footballfirst
22 hours ago, I.T.K said:

£3.1m of that is what we owed to AB last summer in short term loans.

In addition, the original £2.4m loan that AB provided to take the club out of administration is also included, despite it having been paid off in full 18 months ago. For some reason the agreement states that the full amount will remain as a debt to the club until FOH hands over the final £100k for the share purchase (whenever that finally happens). 

Edited by Footballfirst

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

In addition, the original £2.4m loan that AB provided to take the club out of administration is also included, despite it having been paid of in full 18 months ago. For some reason the agreement states that the full amount will remain as a debt to the club until FOH hands over the final £100k for the share purchase (whenever that finally happens). 

24 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Good info. Thanks

17 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

we weren't relegated. we were voted out of the league.

I agree, its embarrassing that we put ourselves in a situation to get voted out the league.

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

In addition, the original £2.4m loan that AB provided to take the club out of administration is also included, despite it having been paid off in full 18 months ago. For some reason the agreement states that the full amount will remain as a debt to the club until FOH hands over the final £100k for the share purchase (whenever that finally happens). 

Brilliant as ever, thanks FF 

On 21/07/2021 at 11:00, I.T.K said:

But over all looks okay. 

Sadly our administrators are a joke compared to the rest of the EU :(