• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Findlay
31 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Surely if the other players weren't booed it can be seen as racist.  Especially if he hasn't done anything in the game to single him.out.

In that case the booing by Celtic supporters everything Frimpong touched the ball last night was racist, as he was the only Leverkusen player to receive such treatment. Yet the media haven't called it out.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

In that case the booing by Celtic supporters everything Frimpong touched the ball last night was racist, as he was the only Leverkusen player to receive such treatment. Yet the media haven't called it out.

Could be because he once played for them.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Whilst the Prague fans were obviously singling out Kamara for that reason you can’t fine or punish a club for their fans booing a player as it happens every game.

It’s sad that he’s being singled out for standing up to racial comments but the comment above is true. Celtic fans did the same for Fringpong but for a different reason however there’s no way to distinguish.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Do you think that was racism or down to them booing because he chose to play for another club?

There is some context there. 

Was there any other black player getting the same treatment?

It seems Kamara was the only player getting it last night and it was obviously racism due to the previous incident.  

Do you honestly thing Celtic fans were being racist last night? 

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Could be because he once played for them.

I know why he was booed. I would argue that Kamara wasn't booed due to his skin colour, but the Czechs see him as the bad guy in what happened at Ibrox last season. Many forget Kamara was suspended along with the Czech. The Czech for racism, Kamara for physical violence in the tunnel.

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Do you think that was racism or down to them booing because he chose to play for another club?

There is some context there. 

Was there any other black player getting the same treatment?

It seems Kamara was the only player getting it last night and it was obviously racism due to the previous incident.  

Do you honestly thing Celtic fans were being racist last night? 

No they weren't, but I don't think the Prague fans were either.

If there were other black players not getting abuse then no idea how it can be called racism. And the manager of the most bigoted club in the UK going on about it is pure face palm stuff

9 hours ago, Tynieman said:

Gerrard talking about racism whilst managing one of the most bigoted, vile institutions is laughable really.

👍

The Real Maroonblood
42 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I know why he was booed. I would argue that Kamara wasn't booed due to his skin colour, but the Czechs see him as the bad guy in what happened at Ibrox last season. Many forget Kamara was suspended along with the Czech. The Czech for racism, Kamara for physical violence in the tunnel.

Maybe that’s the reason the media didn’t call it out.

38 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No they weren't, but I don't think the Prague fans were either.

Neither do I. Considering it was only kids in, it was more a pantomime villain thing. 
Why UEFA decided to let 10K kids in when it should have been a closed doors game is for them to answer. I’d think they won’t allow that in the future.

Ex member of the SaS

Kamara getting booed, I can see both sides but I don't think this was racist per say. I think he was booed because he spoke out and got the player banned, not simply due to him being black as other black players were not booed.

Either way unless there is racist comments simply booing a player should not be used as an excuse for racism as players get booed all the time.( even from their own fans ) 

On another note what a great night for football, BOTH the uglies getting beat on the same night! Fantastic.

SuperstarSteve
9 hours ago, Tynieman said:

Gerrard talking about racism whilst managing one of the most bigoted, vile institutions is laughable really.

Surprisingly Gerrard said he didn’t hear kamara get boo’d. 

19 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Kamara getting booed, I can see both sides but I don't think this was racist per say. I think he was booed because he spoke out and got the player banned, not simply due to him being black as other black players were not booed.

Either way unless there is racist comments simply booing a player should not be used as an excuse for racism as players get booed all the time.( even from their own fans ) 

On another note what a great night for football, BOTH the uglies getting officiated in an impartial manner.

FTFY

30 minutes ago, Boab said:

Neither do I. Considering it was only kids in, it was more a pantomime villain thing. 
Why UEFA decided to let 10K kids in when it should have been a closed doors game is for them to answer. I’d think they won’t allow that in the future.

Re your second paragraph, I agree. Questionable to say the least. Seems farcical but sadly not that surprised that UEFA screwed up their ‘punishment’ again. Should’ve been no fans there surely regardless of age?

1 minute ago, topsport said:

Re your second paragraph, I agree. Questionable to say the least. Seems farcical but sadly not that surprised that UEFA screwed up their ‘punishment’ again. Should’ve been no fans there surely regardless of age?

Think that was Gerrard’s complaint.

If Sevco had won, it wouldn’t have been an issue mind ! 🤔

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Think that was Gerrard’s complaint.

If Sevco had won, it wouldn’t have been an issue mind ! 🤔

Yeah I think you may be right there! Different tune from him had they won!

More broadly though, I think UEFA  are still well behind where they should be in dealing properly with concerns about racism. Not much of a punishment if they were still allowed 10 thousand in to support them, even if it was screaming kids 🙉

kirkierobroy

Racism is a horrible thing but Rangers playing the victim card given that their very existence is fuelled by another form of tribal bigotry as poisonous as racism...

19 minutes ago, topsport said:

Yeah I think you may be right there! Different tune from him had they won!

More broadly though, I think UEFA  are still well behind where they should be in dealing properly with concerns about racism. Not much of a punishment if they were still allowed 10 thousand in to support them, even if it was screaming kids 🙉

Thankfully missed it ! 😂

Did catch his tears and snotters post match interview right enough which was just like a screaming bairn ! 

Just been told Ange is offski.

From a pretty reliable mate, so will see if true or not later today, I suppose.

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Lenny In ... 🤞🤞🤞

August Landmesser
5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Funny how the booing in Prague is deemed racist, but the booing in Glasgow is not.

that will be because the booing in Prague was racist and the booing in Glasgow was not.

11 minutes ago, Boab said:

Thankfully missed it ! 😂

Did catch his tears and snotters post match interview right enough which was just like a screaming bairn ! 

🤣 

yeah he’s good at that tone.

great to see both of the weeg teams managers squirming over poor results. Jambos unbeaten too. Happy days 😁

9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Lenny In ... 🤞🤞🤞

🤣🤣 

I did laugh at that suggestion, glorious watching their implosion continue, but seriously, please no! Glad he’s away from Scottish football 

13 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

please no, angieeeeeeeee nooooo

7 minutes ago, topsport said:

🤣

yeah he’s good at that tone.

great to see both of the weeg teams managers squirming over poor results. Jambos unbeaten too. Happy days 😁

👍

Looks like Jason Donovan is toast already !

😂

John Findlay
20 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

that will be because the booing in Prague was racist and the booing in Glasgow was not.

5 black Rangers players that weren't booed last night?

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

5 black Rangers players that weren't booed last night?

my reply was glib but it wasn't wrong - Kamara was clearly singled out because he's called out the Czech player's racism, and folk who boo him for that are racist or racist-adjacent (similar to Celtic fans who boo Shay Logan). Someone who is anti-anti-racist is, guess what, a racist.

The fact that it was a ground full of children is depressing, but there could be mitigation there in that kids are easily led (we see it with our own Young Team and their repertoire of party songs) and hopefully as they grow up, and educate themselves they will look back on last night and be embarrassed.

Frimpong was booed because he had the temerity to leave The Greatest Club In The World (I don't know if he left the club under a cloud or what? I barely remember him playing for Celtic tbh) to go on to bigger and better things. Same as Brendan Rodgers would be booed if he went back there I would guess.  

John Findlay
13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

my reply was glib but it wasn't wrong - Kamara was clearly singled out because he's called out the Czech player's racism, and folk who boo him for that are racist or racist-adjacent (similar to Celtic fans who boo Shay Logan). Someone who is anti-anti-racist is, guess what, a racist.

The fact that it was a ground full of children is depressing, but there could be mitigation there in that kids are easily led (we see it with our own Young Team and their repertoire of party songs) and hopefully as they grow up, and educate themselves they will look back on last night and be embarrassed.

Frimpong was booed because he had the temerity to leave The Greatest Club In The World (I don't know if he left the club under a cloud or what? I barely remember him playing for Celtic tbh) to go on to bigger and better things. Same as Brendan Rodgers would be booed if he went back there I would guess.  

Cobblers. 

August Landmesser
16 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Cobblers. 

A constructive contribution to the discussion. Thanks. Enjoy your day.

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

A constructive contribution to the discussion. Thanks. Enjoy your day.

You're welcome. You too.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Funny how the booing in Prague is deemed racist, but the booing in Glasgow is not.

I think it’s extremely difficult to say whether someone booing him is racist, he was booked twice, so if he makes a bad tackle against us and we boo him they’re going to call us racist? It seems they were booing him the whole game, but how you prove it’s because of what happened is unclear. 
As for the hypocrisy of Rangers, as you say they boo away teams in possession, and they’re anti-Irish songs. 
It does seem that it was racist, I can’t believe Sparta fans did this in defence of a Slavia player, with racist banners etc. The fact that it was kids is also a disgrace. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Surely if the other players weren't booed it can be seen as racist.  Especially if he hasn't done anything in the game to single him.out.

I suppose so but it’s hard to prove that, he did get two yellows in the game, can we boo him if he chops one of our players? There were also racist banners in the crowd apparently. 

Just now, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Play in maroon so can’t be all bad 🤪

As do Northampton.

Who are nicknamed The Cobblers.

:cool:

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Its very difficult to call it racist as there was more to the incident at Ibrox than just the alleged? racist comment , there was the tunnel issues that saw Kamara banned. Its easy to say its racist but its also lazy to not look deeper and question if it actually is or not. Saying someone is anti anti-racist because they booed Kamara is the same. He will be viewed as a bad guy and to some that will be because of the alleged comment and therefore a racist attitude , to others it will be a more simplistic there was issues with him and the Czechs and hes therefore seen as a pantomime villian as @John Findlaysaid. Its important to highlight the full situation not just pick out what suits a certain narrative. 

I don’t agree there is any mitigation if its racially motivated as that is never acceptable. Children should be educated its never right. 

I would add to that that Kamara’s lawyers statement doesn’t help the racism case with his bullshit about all Rangers black players were booed. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I suppose so but it’s hard to prove that, he did get two yellows in the game, can we boo him if he chops one of our players? There were also racist banners in the crowd apparently. 

Difficult to give them the benefit with what has previously happened there.  

John Findlay
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

'Disaster for Scottish football' whined the BBC after the ersecheeks losing yet again. 

I must be missing something because I laughed so much I pished my pants.

After MacGregor, I was struggling to name a Scot in the Sevco lineup.

Celtic had MacGregor Turnbull Montgomery? Ralston?

3 hours ago, Boab said:

👍

Looks like Jason Donovan is toast already !

😂

Such a pity as there are ’too many broken hearts’ in the world already 

sorry 😆

Under the floodlight
2 minutes ago, topsport said:

Such a pity as there are ’too many broken hearts’ in the world already 

sorry 😆

That was very funny, Especially for you.

There is no doubt Kamara was targeted...none whatsoever and even trying to defend it says much about you if you do.

There is the obvious link to the past incident and whilst we can have all this it was only children nonsense does that not make it worse. For Sparta to go on and on ignoring the facts says a lot about them and indeed with what happened previously what it says about parts of the Czech Republic.

Now what was not clear was the involvement of any other players in the abuse......when watching it was very hard to say if there was so regarding that part of it no one can really be sure and the benefit of the doubt could be applied.

Children were involved and were they being 'guided' by the elders who were looking after them we may never know.

There was nothing however to stop Sparta making an announcement over the tannoy whether it was children or not asking them to stop the booing but I guess they took the view that booing Kamara was not in itself racist but a reaction to the past incident.

The difficulty in the real world is trying to distinguish whether abuse meeted out is based on racism or not....there have been many players booed not because of colour but due to actions taken or perceived

5 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

That was very funny, Especially for you.

👏

ach I just love it when both weegie teams are unhappy 

mibbe hearts can give them a challenge 

‘any dream will do…’

Under the floodlight
12 minutes ago, topsport said:

👏

ach I just love it when both weegie teams are unhappy 

mibbe hearts can give them a challenge 

‘any dream will do…’

:4_1_72: