Scottish Clubs in Europe

Footballfirst

The Bannon Flick

Get this thread in the bin.

Aye, maybe them doing well may possibly have a positive knock on effect on us but to have a dedicated thread to congratulating them is embarrassing.

Opening a can of worms here but I doubt if this was Celtic there would be this kind of love in thread. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Locky said:

**** Rangers.

Two words.

This should be the ultimate sentiment.

Well said, Locks.  👍

Naisys Tackle
13 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Assuming Celtic win the league, the only thing that would stop them going straight into the Champions League group stage would be if both the Champions League and Europa League are won by teams that don't qualify for next season's Champions League through their domestic leagues, and in addition to that, Scotland don't get bumped up a place in the rankings due to Russia being kicked out. 

So if Rangers win the Europa both will go right in? Does that mean we get the extra Champions League playoff place or is that a bit too dreamland?

Victor Meldrew

I think it's a very big achievement fo a club which is only 10 years old to reach a European semi-final.

Hope they get pumped.

The only team I ever want to see do well in Europe is Hearts.

So called Hearts fans falling over themselves to congratulate Rangers is ****ing weirdo behaviour.  They are our rival team, a team that always finishes above us in the league, and more often than not paps us 3-0 or 4-0 at least once a season.  Why should we fawn over their chance of making mega money in Europe, and furthering the financial gap between us, increasing the chance of them continuing to do the same over the next season.

**** Rangers, and **** their Europa League run.  I hope they get absolutely annihilated in the next game, so much so that we don't have to hear about their "brave" run to the semi final for the next 20 years.  I'm talking a Germany v Brazil style thrashing that leaves them absolutely embarrassed, and their fans never wanting to speak of it again.

Their fans would never do the same if the situation was reversed.

5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The only team I ever want to see do well in Europe is Hearts.

So called Hearts fans falling over themselves to congratulate Rangers is ****ing weirdo behaviour.  They are our rival team, a team that always finishes above us in the league, and more often than not paps us 3-0 or 4-0 at least once a season.  Why should we fawn over their chance of making mega money in Europe, and furthering the financial gap between us, increasing the chance of them continuing to do the same over the next season.

**** Rangers, and **** their Europa League run.  I hope they get absolutely annihilated in the next game, so much so that we don't have to hear about their "brave" run to the semi final for the next 20 years.  I'm talking a Germany v Brazil style thrashing that leaves them absolutely embarrassed, and their fans never wanting to speak of it again.

Their fans would never do the same if the situation was reversed.

Normally I'd agree as I detest the club and what they strand for, but the final is on Wednesday 18th May - Is it maybe best for us if they beat Celtic and make the Scottish Cup Final, and also reach the Europa league final ?.....as IF we win on Saturday then we would potentially be playing a Rangers team in the final which would either be deflated due to losing or over confident/bumptious due to winning, just 3 days earlier. Either scenario could possibly give us an advantage - and I'll take any I can get over that shower. (though Kudos to them for having done so well) 

Long long way to go before anything  is actually WON.

By all means, blow the trumpet. 

I know that the self proclaimed world champions for league titles went out of business in 2012. Charles Green created a club they could all support.  How can anybody take them seriously?

# In my lifetime

Factuer Moi

Sitting here thinking where will i post this. stopped thinking. Thought i would post this here

Edited by Factuer Moi

Naisys Tackle
21 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

**** Rangers.

Was coming on to say exactly the same. 

**** them.  New and old. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

A West Ham v Rangers final will probably put pay to our European adventure as all British teams cop a 3 year ban from Europe after their fans rip whatever poor unfortunate city is hosting it to bits!

Yeah but just a few bad eggs. It’s just a small minority 🤪 who spoil it for all the good guys. 😳

HeartsandonlyHearts
56 minutes ago, The Bannon Flick said:

Get this thread in the bin.

Aye, maybe them doing well may possibly have a positive knock on effect on us but to have a dedicated thread to congratulating them is embarrassing.

Opening a can of worms here but I doubt if this was Celtic there would be this kind of love in thread. 

If there was a Celtic thread I’d post the same wishes to them in their semi as I would to Newco. They are after all representing Scotland.

Lose ya bar stewards. 

2 hours ago, Biffa Bacon said:

But any financial assistance that we get from Europe will be dwarfed by what the bigots will get. Yes it will keep us ahead of the rest and that's positive. But as far as winning tropies, we need to complete with OF, we need their slice of the Euro pie.... so them not getting £30M+ is better than us getting 10%...

We can only get to a position to challenge the OF by getting into European Group Stage football on a regular basis. As it stands right now, neither of them are guaranteed CL Group football next season. We are one game away from being in a position where we could possibly earn half what they might do, not 10% !

I have no truck with them going quite far in Europe if it benefits us, which it most certainly will if we win tomorrow.

Factuer Moi
3 hours ago, Arfur said:

High degree of short sightedness and dim wittedness on this board today. Simple fact is that due to decent showings in Europe from Scottish teams over the last 5 years (overwhelmingly by the OF) Hearts are likely to get group stage football next season in a European competition. If we are going to progress as a club getting group stage European football for the next few years is going to massively improve our chances of challenging the OF. In order for that to happen we need to maintain a good European coefficient over the next few years meaning a decent turn by the OF in a Europe. Hopefully we progress rapidly enough so that we to are contributing to that coefficient which is something that non OF participants have failed to do over the years.

With Scottish teams doing well in Europe like Rangers are doing this season, three Scottish clubs in group stages next season, the national team qualifying for their first World Cup in years after playing at a Euros for the first time in years Scottish football has the potential to attract new sponsors, better commercial contracts meaning we can improve the domestic product. Hopefully the review being conducted by Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee teams etc will provide some answers like less pro teams, league reconstruction and marketing opportunities - all of this could potentially by a springboard to an exciting future for Scottish football (if we certain Scottish football dinosaurs can be circumnavigated.

Eh, **** Rangers and Celtic. 

We have our own destiny to fulfil, relying on others to sweep a cleaner path is loser talk.

Do it right and everything else falls into place. We get to see where we are at soon enough, if we fail then so what.

Jingle Bells

IIRC, the Hun lost £23.5 million last season and that was after they had raised significant amounts worldwide from their fanbase to stop the Tic winning 10 (i.e. 9.75) league title wins in a row.

Under such financial circumstances their current form is hardly praiseworthy, imho.

Ps Being fair minded I dislike both of them equally.

2 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

We have our own destiny to fulfil, relying on others to sweep a cleaner path is loser talk.

Do it right and everything else falls into place. We get to see where we are at soon enough, if we fail then so what.

We are doing it right. 
We will finish the League 3rd and win tomorrow and we are in Europe till the end of the year.

All our own work.

If the OF had been pumped out at the first hurdle the last few years, we’d be playing our first game at the start of July !

It’s a country coefficient, not an OF one !

Factuer Moi
1 minute ago, Boab said:

We are doing it right. 
We will finish the League 3rd and win tomorrow and we are in Europe till the end of the year.

All our own work.

If the OF had been pumped out at the first hurdle the last few years, we’d be playing our first game at the start of July !

It’s a country coefficient, not an OF one !

I know that. The amount of ****ery against Us tells a different tale. The Country didn't give a **** about our efficiency though, the *****. 

**** ****ing Rangers, wish them all the worst luck going. 

Just now, Factuer Moi said:

I know that. The amount of ****ery against Us tells a different tale. The Country didn't give a **** about our efficiency though, the *****. 

**** ****ing Rangers, wish them all the worst luck going. 

Don’t want either of them to win anything. 
Happy for the coefficient to increase and still watch the green menace pumped out and Sevco being dismantled by the Germans. 
The coefficient points are in the bag.

Whether we like it or not the league coefficient makes Europe a bit of a team game (pardon the pun) and the riches of that include easier qualification to group stages and by extension more money. By and large the leagues at the top of that tree have all better commercial success for the clubs that qualify from them and the domestic leagues as a whole. Any way you cut it with a low coefficient we get less money and likely play in the lower reaches of the competition with the plebs. Leaning into that is not loser talk - actually not leaning into is truly the loser talk here!

Factuer Moi
Just now, Boab said:

Don’t want either of them to win anything. 
Happy for the coefficient to increase and still watch the green menace pumped out and Sevco being dismantled by the Germans. 
The coefficient points are in the bag.

Mate who cares though. As yet we have already marked the ticket for Europe, where we end up is interesting at the least.

Do the job on the pitch, see what happens after it. 

**** The Rangers

Bazzas right boot

Hope they win it, get £40m handed to them and do well in the ucl next season. 

Then we can have another thread on them. 

Mon the queen's 11.

Factuer Moi
Just now, Arfur said:

Whether we like it or not the league coefficient makes Europe a bit of a team game (pardon the pun) and the riches of that include easier qualification to group stages and by extension more money. By and large the leagues at the top of that tree have all better commercial success for the clubs that qualify from them and the domestic leagues as a whole. Any way you cut it with a low coefficient we get less money and likely play in the lower reaches of the competition with the plebs. Leaning into that is not loser talk - actually not leaning into is truly the loser talk here!

Win the games, the rest follows. No need for the hopeful tactics. Going to Europe in June will be just as good as any other time. We will prepare for it if that is our destiny. 

Factuer Moi
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Mon the queen's 11.

I hope Villareal win it, for the laughs.. 

Mon the queen's 11.

Unbelievably poor, even for you.

Bazzas right boot

I hope Villareal win it, for the laughs.. 

👍

Factuer Moi
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

👍

Just read yer above post , imagine one of them winning that smackerooni jackpot. Imagine a Jambo wishing them it. 

**** Eh

Edited by Factuer Moi

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Erse said:

Well done Rangers, always want Scottish & British teams (with a couple of exceptions) to fly the flag in Europe.

Gonna guess your exceptions include celtic. 

🙄

Bazzas right boot

Just read a post , imagine one of them winning that smackerooni jackpot. Imagine a Jambo wishing them it. 

**** Eh

Well done them...tho. 

Hope Celtic and rangers do well in Europe next season, be great. 

Mon the hoops. 

Mon the queen's 11.

Am i doing it right? 

Win the games, the rest follows. No need for the hopeful tactics. Going to Europe in June will be just as good as any other time. We will prepare for it if that is our destiny. 

That’s worked so well for us (and every other Scottish club) in the past ehh - can see I am debating with a true genius here!

Factuer Moi

Well done them...tho. 

Hope Celtic and rangers do well in Europe next season, be great. 

Mon the hoops. 

Mon the queen's 11.

Am i doing it right? 

**** both of them *****.

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If you add in the gate receipts, even conference is around £6-£7m, maybe even more if we get big TV games. 

Although, with a little luck we might hit the Europa league if we get a kind draw, £10m boost! 

I've added in gate receipts! Conference brings about £2.5m for being in the group stage. I'm estimating around £2m in ticket/hospitality sales for the four home games, and allowing for about £0.5m in costs for staging the home games and travel, etc, for the away legs, hence my £4m prediction. I am talking in terms of minimums, maybe should have made that clear!  Certainly there's potential to make a decent bit more if we manage some decent results! 

As for the 'big TV games' comment, my understanding is that the conference works the same as the Champions League and Europa League in that UEFA sell the TV rights centrally themselves and the revenue from that is where most of the funding is coming from to pay the prize money teams get for being in it, and that there's therefore no money to be made by the individual clubs from selling rights to their games, as the clubs don't have any rights to sell!  

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Unbelievably poor, even for you.

Go away. 

I've clearly got you on ignore, yet every time I post you reply. 

Creepy. 

Factuer Moi
Just now, Arfur said:

That’s worked so well for us (and every other Scottish club) in the past ehh - can see I am debating with a true genius here!

You trying to be smart

We take care of our up and coming cup semi final, we then enter a different level of the Europa League.

Away you go.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

**** both of them *****.

Naw, you're doing it wrong. 

Factuer Moi

Naw, you're doing it wrong. 

The thread is wrong, should be moved to Scottish Clubs In Europe

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I've added in gate receipts! Conference brings about £2.5m for being in the group stage. I'm estimating around £2m in ticket/hospitality sales for the four home games, and allowing for about £0.5m in costs for staging the home games and travel, etc, for the away legs, hence my £4m prediction. I am talking in terms of minimums, maybe should have made that clear!  Certainly there's potential to make a decent bit more if we manage some decent results! 

As for the 'big TV games' comment, my understanding is that the conference works the same as the Champions League and Europa League in that UEFA sell the TV rights centrally themselves and the revenue from that is where most of the funding is coming from to pay the prize money teams get for being in it, and that there's therefore no money to be made by the individual clubs from selling rights to their games, as the clubs don't have any rights to sell!  

:munny:

Disclaimer - if hibs don't win the cup. 

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

More Likley to hold hands, sing GSTQ, sing pro brexit songs, sing about kaflics and Tommy Sheridan before having a king Billy gay orgy type party. 

After trashing the city Ofc. 

The majority of English football fans have no care about Scottish football or Rangers obsession over England and the Royal Family.  If they both get to the final I hope we see videos of EDL Abdul getting chucked about again in a fountain the guy is horrid.

Id love to see it but they won’t get past RB Leipzig. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

The thread is wrong, should be moved to Scottish Clubs In Europe

Yip. 

Not the first rangers thread tho, way too many diets on here every so  ready to lick the rangers arse crack. 

Factuer Moi

Yip. 

Not the first rangers thread tho, way too many diets on here every so  ready to lick the rangers arse crack. 

True, you winding it up doesn't  help. you did get a smirk out of me though. Give You that one, wee teaser

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

This all goes to hibs if we lose tomorrow - this cannot happen!

Nah, they need to win it. 

Rather not take the chance, but if hibs do manage to beat us, they won't win it. 

Weakened Offender
15 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tricky one for the Old Firm who has had the better season.

Celtic were totally shit in Europe but the league is still the main thing. 

If Celtic win the league and Rangers win the Europa Cup then the latter have had the better season. 

Celtic winning the treble may be considered better however we all know that just isn't going to happen. 😎

Factuer Moi
8 minutes ago, Arfur said:

Yo Arsefur 

Neverforgetfiveone
12 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Mon the queen's 11.

I want the exact opposite… I want them to fail, I don’t want them washing their hands of their utter shocking antics of financial irresponsibility! 

furthermore - I want Septic dragged through the courts for their despicable historic abuse.

Thus putting them both into financial Pearl and leaving us the opportunity to close the gap on them both!

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

True, you winding it up doesn't  help. you did get a smirk out of me though. Give You that one, wee teaser

Tbh, folk giving reach arounds to rangers on a Hearts forum deserve so much more, but- winding folk up... 

5421746.jpg

Edited by Bazzas right boot

14 hours ago, graygo said:

Just been on live chat with them, guy is passing it on to their settlement team as "it looks like a winning bet to me"

😁

Screenshot_20220415-013525.png

Their customer service is pretty good actually. I would be disappointed if they never paid out to me for that bet likes.