• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I never said we should or could win it. But if we were going to then this was the season to do it. Performances like the ones we suffered at Pittodrie and Fir Park have ensured that it won't happen though. 

That's because we aren't good enough. 

We  are not that much better than Aberdeen or Motherwell to turn them over all the time. 

That is why we won't be champions this season. 

Celtic and rangers have better players. 

We'll do very well to be 3rd. 

Ex member of the SaS
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The team has done as I might expect. Good performances but then hit problems when other teams play really well or cause problems as Aberdeen and Motherwell did. 

It's not yet really a great team. There are still issues both in defence and attack. 

3rd or 4th would be a good base to build on. 

I disagree, we do have a great team and only the manager is at fault for the two games you mention. The managers of Aberdeen and Motherwell both knew how we would play, and made changes to get stuck in. By attacking our defense we couldn't get the ball on the ground and play our usual game, as stated in the other thread Neilson SHOULD have seen this in the first 10 to 20 minutes and started making changes to counter act what they were doing. By sticking to one style /tactic the others will soon get to know how to defeat us, therefore we need Robbie to step up and make changes quicker and more effectively.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's because we aren't good enough. 

We  are not that much better than Aberdeen or Motherwell to turn them over all the time. 

That is why we won't be champions this season. 

Celtic and rangers have better players. 

We'll do very well to be 3rd. 

Yes, they have better players. Just as Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City etc etc had better players than Leicester City in 2016. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yes, they have better players. Just as Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City etc etc had better players than Leicester City in 2016. 

😂😂😂

Leicester straight up from promotion after a covid season and 1 transfer window n the top flight. 

I must have missed that part of their story. 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂

Leicester straight up from promotion after a covid season and 1 transfer window n the top flight. 

I must have missed that part of their story. 

You probably did. Same as you missed them winning a league with a fraction of the others budget and about six other teams having far better squads than them. But you miss a lot, so it's understandable. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

You probably did. Same as you missed them winning a league with a fraction of the others budget and about six other teams having far better squads than them. But you miss a lot, so it's understandable. 

A fraction? Aye? 

What fraction? 

Tbh you miss everything. 

How is Leicester winning the epl in 2016 related to Hearts having their best chance to win the league this season? 

How, what, why and how? 

Nonsense. 

Straw and clutching. 

Calling out rangers being inconsistent was a belter as well  tho. 

🤣

17 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I disagree, we do have a great team and only the manager is at fault for the two games you mention. The managers of Aberdeen and Motherwell both knew how we would play, and made changes to get stuck in. By attacking our defense we couldn't get the ball on the ground and play our usual game, as stated in the other thread Neilson SHOULD have seen this in the first 10 to 20 minutes and started making changes to counter act what they were doing. By sticking to one style /tactic the others will soon get to know how to defeat us, therefore we need Robbie to step up and make changes quicker and more effectively.

What do you make for example of Baningime who can't defend. 4 goals conceded where he was last man and a paper bag would have done better. I can concede that might be Neilson's fault for not keeping him away from the 6 yard box.

Its small things like that and bigger issues like how Cochrane fails to get past his defender to get down wing and Boyce can't connect to other forwards. 

Again if you blame Neilson a bit more detail would be helpful. 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

A "great team" 

Based on what? 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Dunno about anyone else but I was getting pissed off with John hartson  saying ‘hoooge’ instead of ‘huge!’

I'd listen to Alex Jones say that all night. 

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What do you make for example of Baningime who can't defend. 4 goals conceded where he was last man and a paper bag would have done better. I can concede that might be Neilson's fault for not keeping him away from the 6 yard box.

Its small things like that and bigger issues like how Cochrane fails to get past his defender to get down wing and Boyce can't connect to other forwards. 

Again if you blame Neilson a bit more detail would be helpful. 

It's all done on the training ground and that's the worry. When you see any random allowed to take a free kick or corner it's a worry.

It's also not a weakness to make changes when it is blindingly obvious some players might just be having an off day and you as a coach must change things. 

Celtic or Rangers might be able to hold out re changes thinking quality or pressure will tell. We need to make changes to personnel or shape or just accept it's not our day which I can only hope is only Neilson's bland offering to the media.

Edited by Riccarton3

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

It's all done on the training ground and that's the worry. When you see any random allowed to take a free kick or corner it's a worry.

It's also not a weakness to make changes when it is blindingly obvious some players might just be having an off day and you as a coach must change things. 

Celtic or Rangers might be able to hold out re changes thinking quality or pressure will tell. We need to make changes to personnel or shape or just accept it's not our day.

So that's the sort of detail that's good.

I'll watch out for the free kick / corner thing tomorrow. 

When a lot of things work like v Dundee United is that just good  fortune or from the training ground. 

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So that's the sort of detail that's good.

I'll watch out for the free kick / corner thing tomorrow. 

When a lot of things work like v Dundee United is that just good  fortune or from the training ground. 

Bit of both. Look at Kingsley's goal as an example of someone that actually deliver a cross (Cochrane) but it also took under 12 marking for it to reach its target unchallenged (so, appalling from opposition but effective set piece).

So much I think is based on possession at Hearts. You can only take that from what you see. Play faster and likely to lose possession more so we are as a team generally cautious which is not much good against teams that sit in or are really aggressive pressing.

Edited by Riccarton3

10 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Bit of both. Look at Kingsley's goal as an example of someone that actually deliver a cross (Cochrane) but it also took under 12 marking for it to reach its target unchallenged (so, appalling from opposition but effective set piece).

So much I think is based on possession at Hearts. You can only take that from what you see. Play faster and likely to lose possession more so we are as a team generally cautious which is not much good against trams that sit in or are really aggressive pressing.

Yes.

My reading of the team from start of season is Neilson wants them to control games. Possession but also positioning on pitch.  Cautious but it is setting a foundation for likes of McKay and Woodburn to flourish. 

Note the very dull performances at home to Aberdeen and to a lesser extent Hibs. Then more attacking after McKay came in. 

I don't tend to get negative albeit Aberdeen and Motherwell were dreadful performances. But from what I see it's very much a start and quite a lot of improvement is needed, I think mainly from better players as opposed to coaching. I'm not surprised at the draws certainly and a defeat like Aberdeen now and again. 

In detail not many players get top marks. Just Devlin with likes of Halkett and Souttar just behind. As I said above even Baningime has faults. 

Overall in terms of the debate on challenging this team needs a run of wins to prove they are good. Key period now. 

Edited by Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes.

My reading of the team from start of season is Neilson wants them to control games. Possession but also positioning on pitch.  Cautious but it is setting a foundation for likes of McKay and Woodburn to flourish. 

Note the very dull performances at home to Aberdeen and to a lesser extent Hibs. Then more attacking after McKay came in. 

I don't tend to get negative albeit Aberdeen and Motherwell were dreadful performances. But from what I see it's very much a start and quite a lot of improvement is needed, I think mainly from better players. I'm not surprised at the draws certainly and a defeat like Aberdeen now and again. 

But maybe it's all just the coaches fault. 

No, facile to say it's all Neilson's fault. Or is it? We could do with a real couple of ***** in the team that can also play to a standard. People to get in the faces of OUR team and the opposition. How many times do we hear, there's naebody taking this game by the scruff of the neck, demanding more. Passive as ****, usually. It''s the coach who builds the team/squad. Ultimately, it is his responsibility to get the right players.

Edited by Riccarton3

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

No, facile to say it's all Neilson's fault. We could do with a real couple of ***** in the team that can also play to a standard. People to get in the faces of OUR team and the opposition. How many times do we hear, there's naebody taking this game by the scruff of the neck, demanding more. Passive as ****, usually

Well the good thing is Motherwell clearly exposed that. If we learn from it. 

Should be another thread where we can debate the weaknesses. Just gets into pro anti the manager. But it's interesting. 

I'm not critical of coach but I see a lot of things to improve. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well the good thing is Motherwell clearly exposed that. If we learn from it. 

Should be another thread where we can debate the weaknesses. Just gets into pro anti the manager. But it's interesting. 

I'm not critical of coach but I see a lot of things to improve. 

I edited previous post to suggest it is ultimately Neilson's responsibility. Most players seem to be responding. Only when the majority look out of it is there no point carrying on eg at Man U? Neilson's job is to get more out of them when things are going shite and that is related Also to who he signs. To replace those with not enough hunger or character

Edited by Riccarton3

Forever Hearts
55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

A fraction? Aye? 

What fraction? 

Tbh you miss everything. 

How is Leicester winning the epl in 2016 related to Hearts having their best chance to win the league this season? 

How, what, why and how? 

Nonsense. 

Straw and clutching. 

Calling out rangers being inconsistent was a belter as well  tho. 

🤣

It's relative because Leicester won a league they had absolutely no right to win and were 5,000/1 (some bookies had them at 10,000/1) to win it. Hearts are never those odds to win the league, not even close.

As for Rangers, do you think they've been consistent this season? 

1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

Dunno about anyone else but I was getting pissed off with John hartson  saying ‘hoooge’ instead of ‘huge!’

It was bayer lubercoozin that was annoying me aside from that every other word he said or noise he made. Reminded me of when Sky used to do the fan commentary. Objectivity is not his best quality

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

It's relative because Leicester won a league they had absolutely no right to win and were 5,000/1 (some bookies had them at 10,000/1) to win it. Hearts are never those odds to win the league, not even close.

As for Rangers, do you think they've been consistent this season? 

Sigh. 

It's not relative unless you think Motherwell or Ross County can win our league as well. 

Spoiler alert - they won't. 

It's also not relevant to how this is our best chance we'll ever get. 

Yes. 

9 wins, 1 loss and 3 draws is consistent. 

I'd love us to be that "inconsistent". 

We'd be on for about 90 points and have a great chance of being champions. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sigh. 

It's not relative unless you think Motherwell or Ross County can win our league as well. 

Yes. 

We'll have a better chance with better players. 

Another good transfer window next summer. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Correct, it's not that difficult a concept to get one's head around. 

Build on this year, hopefully with European football then we can improve again. 

Be good to see us build and continually improve year on year for 3-5 seasons. Not done that for decades. Far too up and down. 

I really think we could do something special soon. 

Not this year tho, 4th would be OK, 3rd would be great. 

3rd is a little bit of a game changer if we get in the league qualifing things. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I hope we get the majority of our best players tied down. Another big turnover of players won’t do us any favours. 

4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Celtic are still in Europe and likely with a much better chance of progressing than Rangers.  Farcical but true. 

I meant out of the Europa League.

I don't know how much interest Celtic or their fans will have in this conference league thing. They may see themselves as above it and view it as little more than an obstruction in their path to regaining the league title. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Arthur Morgan
8 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I meant out of the Europa League.

I don't know how much interest Celtic or their fans will have in this conference league thing. They may see themselves as above it and view it as little more than an obstruction in their path to regaining the league title. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Nah I reckon they'll make a big deal of it, certainly if they got far in it.

14 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, also we miss the pissy league Cup group stage thing. 

Pissy pot ayways, untill it's ours to piss in. Then it becomes the greatest thing since the reek of the shed toilets.

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Correct, it's not that difficult a concept to get one's head around. 

Build on this year, hopefully with European football then we can improve again. 

Be good to see us build and continually improve year on year for 3-5 seasons. Not done that for decades. Far too up and down. 

I really think we could do something special soon. 

Not this year tho, 4th would be OK, 3rd would be great. 

3rd is a little bit of a game changer if we get in the league qualifing things. 

We are ina good spot.

Forever Hearts
15 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sigh. 

Yes. 

So you reckon after the Old Firm regroup, their managers settle in, one of them (possibly both of them) get £40m from the Champions League to buy even better players that Hearts will have a better chance of winning the league than we do this year? 

Get real. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

So you reckon after the Old Firm regroup, their managers settle in, one of them (possibly both of them) get £40m from the Champions League to buy even better players that Hearts will have a better chance of winning the league than we do this year? 

Get real. 

Yip. 

If we get in any europa group stages and buy better players-yes. 

We aren't good enough to win the league, if you think that Hearts team is the best in the league then I think you are the one that needs to get real. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, A.JAMBO said:

Pissy pot ayways, untill it's ours to piss in. Then it becomes the greatest thing since the reek of the shed toilets.

7 hours ago, A.JAMBO said:

We are ina good spot.

👍

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

👍

£40 M smackeroonies .I had visions of taking that cash pot off the bigot brothers. It seems a distant dream, not impossible though. Debating on the finer details on who has the bestest bladder merchants is typical of the loser mentality. I am with you, We are building a new future for the football club, one that matches the business. Winning against the odds and then trail blazing a way ahead. Rating other fooball clubs players etc, not for me at all.

**** them

Edited by A.JAMBO

Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

If we get in any europa group stages and buy better players-yes. 

We aren't good enough to win the league, if you think that Hearts team is the best in the league then I think you are the one that needs to get real. 

I never at any point said we had the best team or were going to win the league. But you know that. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I never at any point said we had the best team or were going to win the league. But you know that. 

Well if you don't think we have the best team in the league how did you come to the conclusion that this our best chance to win it? 

Sit down. 

You are talking gibberish. 

Making no sense at all. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Well if you don't think we have the best team in the league how did you come to the conclusion that this our best chance to win it? 

Sit down. 

You are talking gibberish. 

Making no sense at all. 

Because the best team doesn't always win the league or cups. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Because the best team doesn't always win the league or cups. 

The best team doesn't win the league? 

Surley that makes them the best team?

:notsure:

Forever Hearts
On 27/11/2021 at 14:51, Smith's right boot said:

The best team doesn't win the league? 

Surley that makes them the best team?

:notsure:

Correct. We were a better team than Celtic in 1986, bar a flu bug and a 7 minute disaster at Dens Park. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Haaland v that defence hahahahaha, we could’ve scored 5-6 against it yesterday 😆😂

Out. 

Gets 2 goes against them too. 

It's a good test for rangers to see where they are at and what level they can compete against. Played well v Lyon but I'd expect them to get tanned by Dortmund.