Scottish Clubs in Europe

Footballfirst

7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

It has nothing to do with that, only 1 Hearts player would get in Rangers team, that's a fact.

I can think of two or three off the top of my head.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

August Landmesser

Apparently Midjytlland may have fielded an ineligible player against Celtic. Story in the Scotsman about it (can't link to it as their website is dogshit and keeps freezing my phone).

Fella had an eight game ban for a brawl in a Brazilian game, served two games in Brazil then signed for Midjytlland. He played v Celtic, but they were told by UEFA to drop him v PSV as the ban does carry over to Europe.

Hopefully it'll be smoothed out and Celtic don't benefit from it, but if they did, another classic for the eternal 'victims'

44 minutes ago, Boab said:

I can think of two or three off the top of my head.

Name them, Soutar for me nobody else, Gordon close but not for me.

Edited by Lfhearts

38 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Name them, Soutar for me nobody else, Gordon close but not for me.

There’s two right away. 
Opinions innit.

TBH, this is strange anyway. We know they are a better team with better players. People were saying that before Saturday as well though.

F the both of them.

Mr Elwood P
12 hours ago, sadj said:

Whats the irish domestic set up like from grass roots up? 

Presumably not that great if they didn’t make it to EURO2020 ?

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

lol , i know nothing about Irish football bar a few players , teams and they used to like sticking Scots in their team. They have to be doing something correct with the results and performances in European Club competitions. 

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Half of the Irish international team are usually English.😃

alwaysthereinspirit
4 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

It has nothing to do with that, only 1 Hearts player would get in Rangers team, that's a fact.

Which one do you wish it was?

Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Which one do you wish it was?

Your boring, it's about opinions re Gordon but am a Hearts supporter and only Soapy when fit gets in that starting 11, too think otherwise means you know sfa about football.

Guest ToqueJambo
19 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Gee whizz they were about 5 short and that team would still tuck us away in my opinion.

In pretty much our worst season in our history in 19/20 we beat Rangers twice and drew once in 5 matches.

Edited by ToqueJambo

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In pretty much our worst season in our history in 19/20 we beat Rangers twice and drew once in 5 matches.

I was at both of them hospitality for one of them, means nothing we were crap that season and all know what happened, could happen again at Tynecastle but overall they are miles ahead of us.

6 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Your boring, it's about opinions re Gordon but am a Hearts supporter and only Soapy when fit gets in that starting 11, too think otherwise means you know sfa about football.

To think that Gordon is a better goalkeeper than McGregor means you know nothing about football? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

Trophies, transfer fee, international caps?

But naw you’re right. GSTQ FTP 👍

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

I was at both of them hospitality for one of them, means nothing we were crap that season and all know what happened, could happen again at Tynecastle but overall they are miles ahead of us.

Means nothing 1 got us to a cup final

6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

To think that Gordon is a better goalkeeper than McGregor means you know nothing about football? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

Your last sentence sums it up

58 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Some folk can't read your one of them, but I do think McGregor is/was a better keeper, however it's close.

Rijeka’s manager has labelled Hibs a long ball team.  Dross rejects that claim, but I could have sworn Hibs main tactic is launch balls for Boyle to chase….I must be wrong of course, they taught Barca their passing game 

12 hours ago, sadj said:

lol , i know nothing about Irish football bar a few players , teams and they used to like sticking Scots in their team. They have to be doing something correct with the results and performances in European Club competitions. 

Summer football might be helping them

gorgie rd eh11
24 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Love how Rijeka are calling out hibs for hoofball and not the sexy stuff they keep trying to tell us they play. 

It's how they play. The "always play good football" is for the gullible, of which there are many.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Some folk can't read your one of them, but I do think McGregor is/was a better keeper, however it's close.

Why has he never played at a higher club level than Hull City or been sold for a massive transfer fee?  And why has he always been shite on cross balls?

He’s better at saving penalties than Gordon, I’ll give you that.  Both great shot stoppers generally but for me McGregor makes more mistakes.  Gordon did well in the English Premier and but for horrendous luck with injuries, he would have likely got a big move from Sunderland (iirc Arsenal and Man U were both linked with him).  But you have to ask why McGregor never achieved more than slumming it with Hull and Cardiff down there and nobody was ever interested in signing him for £9m.

Ron Burgundy
10 minutes ago, Boab said:

Celtic, Galatasaray, Aberdeen, Rijeka .

12.59/1.

I got 15.65/1 , stuck a tenner on.

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jeez, how many different starting line-ups have they used already this season ?  That's three different keepers already 😄

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Maybe he needs a pish.

Def talking as if hes been sharing Lennons powder pack. Canna shut him up

upgotheheads

By who's the commentator? "It's only a matter of time before chances like that are taken" the Turnbull should have burst the net

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Wee McLeod shiting it.

Where do they drop to after losing this tie?

Conference League. 

Just now, upgotheheads said:

By who's the commentator? "It's only a matter of time before chances like that are taken" the Turnbull should have burst the net

Mulgrew is it not

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Just goes to show how ****ing brilliant we are. 

I think the jablonec players have mulgrew chatting in their ears putting them to sleep

Just now, sadj said:

I think the jablonec players have mulgrew chatting in their ears putting them to sleep

As long as he’s not left his bairn in the car outside the stadium.