Scottish Clubs in Europe

Footballfirst

Second booking  for simulation.    A dive outside the box.    Looked like a stumble to me.   The ref just evening the numbers.    Total dick ☺. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Celtic fans furious at the unbiased ref.

FFS 

Incompetent biased prick.

Edited by Longbaws

24 minutes ago, martoon said:

If Celtic were knocked out would they drop into something else?

Yes, a world of anti manager shit 🤣

32 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣🤣🤣

1-1

But what does this all mean.

Plucky Celtic a brave display. 

27 minutes ago, martoon said:

If Celtic were knocked out would they drop into something else?

Europa.. they be glad away goals was scrapped

1 minute ago, tightrope said:

Yes, a world of anti manager shit 🤣

😊

Genuinely have no idea, though.

You have to be really shite to get knocked out of Europe early these days. 

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Europa.. they be glad away goals was scrapped

Cheers, bud.

Bloody ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Cheers, bud.

Bloody ridiculous.

Losers will play Jablonec in Europa League whoever the hell they are 🤣

Glad there was no Pat Bonnar on Sportsound but, feck me, John Collins is worse.

"We and us, the opposition diving and cheating..."

The lack of self awareness is astonishing.

Won’t take much for the unwashed to slide into a state of disarray. Poppadum Hands’ brother in goal. Edouard booed off by half the crowd when he was substituted. CL exit looming.

:pleasing:

Edited by leginten

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Losers will play Jablonec in Europa League whoever the hell they are 🤣

If they lose that they'll drop into the Conference thingy, presumably?

I'm joking, sort of, as I suspect it's probably true. 😅

1 minute ago, martoon said:

John Collins is a bigger dick than Bonar. Some effort that 

1 minute ago, martoon said:

beautiful though. Their seethe.

great result. Hopefully finish them off at home 

Just now, Satsumo said:

John Collins is a bigger dick than Bonar. Some effort that 

Aye. Makes Bonnar almost likeable in comparison.

Maybe not.

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

beautiful though. Their seethe.

great result. Hopefully finish them off at home 

Seconded, fozzy.

C'mon Midj...the Danes.

Guest ToqueJambo
23 minutes ago, leginten said:

Won’t take much for the unwashed to slide into a state of disarray. Poppadum Hands’ brother in goal. Edouard booed off by half the crowd when he was substituted. CL exit looming.

:pleasing:

They need 2 new strikers, a new goalie, and an entire new defence. And we think we're being slow with our recruitment.

37 minutes ago, martoon said:

😊

Genuinely have no idea, though.

You have to be really shite to get knocked out of Europe early these days. 

On 20/07/2021 at 07:47, Section N Rules said:

**** them, hope they all lose.

Here here :) Screw everyone who's name is not Hmfc.

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Rangers is the seeded team in QR3 of the champions path, but is predicted to be unseeded in the PO Round 

The predicted seeded clubs in the PO Round are Salzburg, Dinamo Zagreb, Slavia Prague and Olympiakos.  That assumes that the last three progress through their qualifying round.

That would leave the possibility of a repeat of last season's Slavia Prague v Rangers tie. I wonder if Kudela would be free to come to Glasgow should the draw play out that way.

Cheers FF. Certainly teams that should have something about them. Streetwise and nippy 🙂

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hahahahaha, you don’t get much for FIVE MILLION QUID these days 😂😆
Thank **** they didn’t offer Gordon a big contract, what a gaffe that was 🤣

Randy Marsh
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They need 2 new strikers, a new goalie, and an entire new defence. And we think we're being slow with our recruitment.

They look a mess right now.  A very good time for us to be playing them.  The fixture is also inbetween further European matches.  Anything less than a point will be a poor result given the circumstances.   Excellent opportunity for Robbie to get off to a flyer. 

Byyy The Light

This season could be very funny indeed watching the implosion at Parkhead. Can’t wait to watch it unravel and the carnage to begin. Very pleasing.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Richard Gordon and Tom English touched on Celtic's goalie troubles after the game.

Craig Gordon, and his form for Hearts, was mentioned.

We hit the jackpot with CG, Mikey.

Best 'keeper in Scotland.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

They look a mess right now.  A very good time for us to be playing them.  The fixture is also inbetween further European matches.  Anything less than a point will be a poor result given the circumstances.   Excellent opportunity for Robbie to get off to a flyer. 

A point against a team with Celtic's resources is never a poor result but I get what you're saying. Wish we could play them this weekend as they're likely to strengthen before the league opener. Hopefully so will we mind you.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Richard Gordon and Tom English touched on Celtic's goalie troubles after the game.

It's not just that they let Scotland's best keeper leave for no particular reason and replaced him with someone worse, it's the fact they also paid £5m for Barkas 🤪

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

It's not just that they let Scotland's best keeper leave for no particular reason and replaced him with someone worse, it's the fact they also paid £5m for Barkas 🤪

That, too, was mentioned. 😄

Celtic letting Craig Gordon go for nothing is even sweeter after watching that absolute diddy in goal for them concede a complete howler :lol:

Edited by tian447

IveSeenTheLight
7 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

How do you know  you still dream of the 80's 

Nope, don’t dream of the 80’s. You guys live there more than me.

How do I know? Well I don’t hence why I said that “I think” that your hopes are unrealistic.

What odds would you get for either a 20-0 loss or a named player (Scott Brown) to score 8 own goals.

If you think there is a realistic chance it could happen, go put on a bet. I’d expect you’ll get very good odds and a very nice return if it came off

50 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

How do I know? Well I don’t hence why I said that “I think” that your hopes are unrealistic.

What odds would you get for either a 20-0 loss or a named player (Scott Brown) to score 8 own goals.

If you think there is a realistic chance it could happen, go put on a bet. I’d expect you’ll get very good odds and a very nice return if it came off

Jesus Christ. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

If Celtic spend a fortune this summer on duds and don't reach the CL groups, they could find themselves in the wilderness for quite a long time, thanks in most part to agent Lennon. 

4 hours ago, martoon said:

And in this country we have the nerve to complain about bias English commentators 

our commentators are 10x more bias towards the old firm in this country than Lineker and Shearer etc could ever be

12 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Out of interest, do you have hope for Hearts to qualify for Europe and progress to the more lucrative group stages?

It is extremely difficult when facing the seeding system e.g. our next two likely opponents (BK Hacken and Austira Vienna) probably represent one of our better opportunities to progress (although Hacken are hitting form and are half way through their season)

Even if we were to progress the next two qualifying rounds, we'd be in a draw to likely be up against one of the following in the play-off round

AS Roma                  Ita  90.000

Tottenham Hotspur        Eng  88.000

FC Basel **              Sui  49.000

FC København **          Den  43.500

Viktoria Plzen **        Cze  33.500

AA Gent **               Bel  26.500

Anderlecht *3            Bel  25.000

FK Astana **             Kaz  22.500

LASK *3                  Aut  21.000

Feyenoord **             Ned  21.000

Qarabag FK **            Azb  21.000

FCSB **                  Rom  21.000

Maccabi Tel-Aviv **      Isr  20.500

PAOK Thessaloniki ***    Gre  20.000

AEK Athens **            Gre  19.500

From a personal note I couldn't give a shit about European football now, been there, seen it done it in the 80s and 90s. 

As far as I'm concerned it's a waste of time for clubs like Hearts, these days with all the new roads in and out of competitions they  are all suited for bigger,better and richer clubs.

I Haven't ventured out the UK with Hearts since 2006 and have no intentions of breaking that IF Hearts are good enough to make a Euro spot this season, I've wasted many a coin thinking I was the dugs nuts travelling abroad only to watch pitiful performances however I'm going to be slightly hypocritical by saying I was there when the ball hit the net in the memorable games, those nights were great but these days I'd rather not be involved. 

Aberdeen 1983 Cheered on the Reds

Dundee Utd 1987 Cheered on the Utd

Celtic 2003 Cheered on the Porto

Rangers 2008 Cheered on the Rangers

I bet they would like Gordon back, at least their few fans with a brain, no doubt they will spunk another 5m on another 'project'. 

5 hours ago, jbee647 said:

And in this country we have the nerve to complain about bias English commentators 

our commentators are 10x more bias towards the old firm in this country than Lineker and Shearer etc could ever be

True.

The English bias is annoying; the OF bias is sickening. 

Collins was truly horrendous last night. He reckoned Celtic were magnificent. Didn't sound like it to me and even Richard Gordon appeared taken aback at his gushing.

Easy to understand why Hibs' players revolted against him back in the day.

Some on JKB slag off hearts for signing rubbish players. We get Craigy boy on a free - he gets replaced by £4.3m of utter shite. Fantastic 🤣🤣

Spitonastranger
8 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Ha ha i wil and then buy your guffy club 😄

12 hours ago, martoon said:

Aston Villa, Hearts, Brentford (Ivan Toney) have all got Celtic to thank for their stupidity. 

Guest ToqueJambo

This is some spin from the bbc considering how poorly they played - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57905533

the new celtic manager looks like he’s going to get a very easy ride. It’s the same in the Scotsman - excuses being made for him already.

Compare and contrast with the "welcome" Stendel got.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Footballfirst

There is a possibility of St Johnstone having to play both legs away from home if they end up playing Galatasary, as Turkey is on the UK's red list.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/2397112/breaking-callum-davidson-confirms-st-johnstone-could-be-forced-to-play-europa-league-tie-with-galatasaray-at-neutral-venue/

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There is a possibility of St Johnstone having to play both legs away from home if they end up playing Galatasary, as Turkey is on the UK's red list.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/2397112/breaking-callum-davidson-confirms-st-johnstone-could-be-forced-to-play-europa-league-tie-with-galatasaray-at-neutral-venue/

Good.

Bazzas right boot
On 21/07/2021 at 02:04, dannymack said:

From a personal note I couldn't give a shit about European football now, been there, seen it done it in the 80s and 90s. 

As far as I'm concerned it's a waste of time for clubs like Hearts, these days with all the new roads in and out of competitions they  are all suited for bigger,better and richer clubs.

I Haven't ventured out the UK with Hearts since 2006 and have no intentions of breaking that IF Hearts are good enough to make a Euro spot this season, I've wasted many a coin thinking I was the dugs nuts travelling abroad only to watch pitiful performances however I'm going to be slightly hypocritical by saying I was there when the ball hit the net in the memorable games, those nights were great but these days I'd rather not be involved. 

Aberdeen 1983 Cheered on the Reds

Dundee Utd 1987 Cheered on the Utd

Celtic 2003 Cheered on the Porto

Rangers 2008 Cheered on the Rangers

Disagree. 

European nights are great and far preferable to lc group stages. 

I'd rather we were involved in European football than the lc piss, not I mention European football means we've won a cup or finished gig in the league, something we haven't done consistently for too long. 

We need to be in European football, no matter what that looks like. 

Bazzas right boot

Psv won the first leg 5-1.

St Johnstone are in for a fantastic time. 

😁