Kids smartwatch

fabienleclerq

fabienleclerq

Eldest is getting to the age where he will start going out and about with his pals and thinking of getting one of those watches he can use to call us or we can track him! Any recommendations? 

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Eldest is getting to the age where he will start going out and about with his pals and thinking of getting one of those watches he can use to call us or we can track him! Any recommendations? 

You'd need a phone tethered to it for him to be able to call you so seems a bit overkill? 

Space talk watch.   Although it's around 10 a month for contract.   Shows you where they are and allows them to contact who you've setup on it.   No other internet access so no social media 

andrewjambo

My 9yr old has the Xplora Xgo 2 but I wouldn't recommend it as the battery life is crap and it has some software issues.

We got our then 6 year old a V-watch from Vodafone at the start of lock down, best thing we did… as soon as they were allowed out he was out playing all day with  new found pals in the estate, and we were happy knowing where he was at all times… 

Think the new neo now allows for voice calls, but more expensive contract.

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

You'd need a phone tethered to it for him to be able to call you so seems a bit overkill? 

Does tethered not mean he needs a phone with or near him? I assumed they had their own sim.

As for overkill his mum won't think so! 

I would recommend Spacetalk my son has had it a few years and it’s great. You set the zones and it lets you know if he moves out of them. Also easy to call and text your pre authorised contacts.

I would recommend Spacetalk my son has had it a few years and it’s great. You set the zones and it lets you know if he moves out of them. Also easy to call and text your pre authorised contacts. It has its own sim ;)

luckyBatistuta

Just get him any smartphone and get Life 360 on it, you’ll know exactly where he is all the time, it’s a great free app.