jamborich

Doing my nut in my postcode is EH142BE and know neighbour's are having same problem. virgin we will get someone out Saturday **** off get it sorted for ffs

Harry Potter
8 hours ago, IronJambo said:

The biggest problem with Virgin Media is that it isn't Sky.

aye but sky u have to fix it.

35 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

aye but sky u have to fix it.

Don't think you do anymore. With sky+ yes, but you don't have ownership of a Sky Q box. I moved to Virgin last month and whilst the cost saving was worth it (along with gains in fibre speed) the TV experience isn't nearly as good.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

Don't think you do anymore. With sky+ yes, but you don't have ownership of a Sky Q box. I moved to Virgin last month and whilst the cost saving was worth it (along with gains in fibre speed) the TV experience isn't nearly as good.

Had 2 issues with my dish probe while with sky, water contamination , cant get sky atlantic with virgin but whats the other sky channels that virgin dont have

?Think i get 150mbps with my virgin internet, great speed and enough for me and my boys.

Edited by Harry Potter

27 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Had 2 issues with my dish probe while with sky, water contamination , cant get sky atlantic with virgin but whats the other sky channels that virgin dont have

?Think i get 150mbps with my virgin internet, great speed and enough for me and my boys.

I rarely use my TV box except for Sky & BT Sports for football nowadays.  Everything else is either on a streaming app I can launch from my Android TV or the main TV channels on Freeview.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Think sky Atlantic is the only one they don't have. I don't get sky sports in UHD anymore. The user interface is shite on Virgin. Try watch something on catch up/box sets from BBC and it opens up iPlayer 🤔. Things like that irritate the bejesus out of me since it's so fluid on Sky. My internet is 660mbps though, which they should really make me share with neighbours because it's way too much for us.

Edited by IronJambo

Harry Potter
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

I rarely use my TV box except for Sky & BT Sports for football nowadays.  Everything else is either on a streaming app I can launch from my Android TV or the main TV channels on Freeview.

3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Think sky Atlantic is the only one they don't have. I don't get sky sports in UHD anymore. The user interface is shite on Virgin. Try watch something on catch up/box sets from BBC and it opens up iPlayer 🤔. Things like that irritate the bejesus out of me since it's so fluid on Sky. My internet is 660mbps though, which they should really make me share with neighbours because it's way too much for us.

Thanks guys, 660 IJ, thats fast.

3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

To be honest I think TV boxes are a thing that will soon be of the past, bar recorder boxes.  People don't want the hassle of having to wait for a TV programme to arrive weekly, or forget to record an episode when they go out.

Streaming services will make the content redundant, and modern TVs could play pay tv content through an App.

9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

To be honest I think TV boxes are a thing that will soon be of the past, bar recorder boxes.  People don't want the hassle of having to wait for a TV programme to arrive weekly, or forget to record an episode when they go out.

Streaming services will make the content redundant, and modern TVs could play pay tv content through an App.

I think the only thing I watch on live TV is football. Everything else we watch is on catch-up/boxsets, Netflix etc. You find the full season is available for most things right away and we just watch them at our leisure. It's basically already gone the way you're saying it will and it's been like that for quite some time.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

I think the only thing I watch on live TV is football. Everything else we watch is on catch-up/boxsets, Netflix etc. You find the full season is available for most things right away and we just watch them at our leisure. It's basically already gone the way you're saying it will and it's been like that for quite some time.

Only thing plugged into my telly these days is a Chromecast (the newest one to be fair), don't think I've got an aerial coming into the house.

Virgin connection though, 500mbps

Edited by Smithee

34 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Only thing plugged into my telly these days is a Chromecast (the newest one to be fair), don't think I've got an aerial coming into the house.

Virgin connection though, 500mbps

Stealing telly isn't really my bag to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Who steals telly like?

You don't? What do you do with the Chromecast?

Unknown user
2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

You don't? What do you do with the Chromecast?

YouTube, YouTube music and stadia mainly. Is there some kind of problem?

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

YouTube, YouTube music and stadia mainly. Is there some kind of problem?

No, don't misunderstand me. Most who go on about not using arials or any pay for TV are normally shouting about using IPTV. Whilst I've no judgement on that I'm happier paying what's due for what I watch. I was genuinely curious what use you got from the chromecast as mine has been redundant due to both my TV's mostly managing to do most of what it does anyway.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

No, don't misunderstand me. Most who go on about not using arials or any pay for TV are normally shouting about using IPTV. Whilst I've no judgement on that I'm happier paying what's due for what I watch. I was genuinely curious what use you got from the chromecast as mine has been redundant due to both my TV's mostly managing to do most of what it does anyway.

I have done in years gone by, and I felt no shame, but there's really nothing that interests me enough to make the effort any more.

I watch a lot of documentaries, tech, history, nostalgia stuff, criminal psychology, whatever I'm into today.

YouTube premium is the greatest subscription I have, can't recommend it enough.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I have done in years gone by, and I felt no shame, but there's really nothing that interests me enough to make the effort any more.

I watch a lot of documentaries, tech, history, nostalgia stuff, criminal psychology, whatever I'm into today.

YouTube premium is the greatest subscription I have, can't recommend it enough.

I've a family membership for YouTube music but I've not been able to bring myself to change it to a premium membership for the extra £3pm. Perspective being that we've already got Netflix, Prime (free through phone contact), a full Virgin media package and Disney Plus. We've already got a disgraceful amount of pay for TV.