• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboman9

• been here before

• Shaggy2

• wattie exploited

2 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

any idea if this has been done yet

No. Presumably we don’t know the capacity yet. Hibs Twitter is saying they don’t know how many tickets they can sell for a game this Thursday yet. 

maroonsgotop
3 minutes ago, JCR said:

No. Presumably we don’t know the capacity yet. Hibs Twitter is saying they don’t know how many tickets they can sell for a game this Thursday yet. 

thanks for the update

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, JCR said:

Hibs put the first 2,000 on sale at 3pm today 

MaskedMarauder

Council have allowed an additional 2700 fans, taking it up to 4700 for Hibs on Thursday. We can expect similar for ICT & Celtic 

Just now, Ccjambo1874 said:

Anyone able to remind me when the celtic ballot entry is open?

Yeah not open yet. Still waiting on the final numbers for crowds 

been here before
6 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Anyone able to remind me when the celtic ballot entry is open?

No, no-one can remind you about something thats not been announced.

Berra than you

Wouldn't imagine there will be a need for a Celtic game ballot. Season ticket holders would be entered automatically I would have thought.

been here before
1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

Wouldn't imagine there will be a need for a Celtic game ballot. Season ticket holders would be entered automatically I would have thought.

Therell be some ST holders who cant/wont go for whatever reason.

Why would they need to be in the ballot?

Ccjambo1874

Aye I just figured if it was 2000, being one of the 10k ST holders myself there's a small chance of getting one if that's the eventual amount of fans allowed. 

Given some fans have quite some distance to travel to games, and need to book travel, letting them know sooner than later might be helpful.

- posted from Aberdeen

Berra than you
45 minutes ago, been here before said:

Therell be some ST holders who cant/wont go for whatever reason.

Why would they need to be in the ballot?

I think that's just how ballots work. Lazy system I know, but that seems to be the way of it. Only reason I can see that season ticket holders had to opt in to enter for cup games is because there was additional cost. I could be wrong of course 

55 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

The Club will carry out a ballot of season ticket holders for each game. The ballot will be open to all season ticket holders, via an opt-in application system managed through your online ticketing account.

A ballot will run for each home game with logic applied to ensure each season ticket holder has the chance to attend a match.  The ‘weighted’ ballot system has been created with Ticketmaster such that if you are unsuccessful in the first ballot, you will be more likely to be successful in the second and so on. The objective is to give every season ticket holder the fairest chance to attend matches while restrictions are in place.

Those who are not successful will be able to stream the matches.

Berra than you
30 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The Club will carry out a ballot of season ticket holders for each game. The ballot will be open to all season ticket holders, via an opt-in application system managed through your online ticketing account.

A ballot will run for each home game with logic applied to ensure each season ticket holder has the chance to attend a match.  The ‘weighted’ ballot system has been created with Ticketmaster such that if you are unsuccessful in the first ballot, you will be more likely to be successful in the second and so on. The objective is to give every season ticket holder the fairest chance to attend matches while restrictions are in place.

Those who are not successful will be able to stream the matches.

Thanks. Would appear they are taking the opt in into account then - when was that stated?

This is the first time I’ve read this and it’s a tad disappointing from a personal POV. My opinion is that loyalty points should be used for the Celtic game seeing as at the moment, it’s only one home league game that is going to be restricted before stadiums can be full again. 
If that changes, or if it was for a run of home games, then it’s fair having an “all in” ballot. 

65198561-D5C4-4A30-B7EE-0A01B2925EAF.png

1 minute ago, Shaggy2 said:

This is the first time I’ve read this and it’s a tad disappointing from a personal POV. My opinion is that loyalty points should be used for the Celtic game seeing as at the moment, it’s only one home league game that is going to be restricted before stadiums can be full again. 
If that changes, or if it was for a run of home games, then it’s fair having an “all in” ballot. 

Couldn't disagree more. I have easily enough points to be in the top 4000 for the Celtic game, but LP's shouldn't even be considered. They have nowt to do with whether people have bought a ST, it should be an open draw for everyone who's decided to back the club.

fabienleclerq
11 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Loyalty points are for fans who go to away games, i think it's a simple system that works pretty well. We shouldn't start misusing it or it falls apart imo. 

Season ticket holders all deserve a chance to get to home games. 

Wonder how the ballot works with U13 season ticket holders. If they are successful does the adult automatically get a ticket too?

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Wonder how the ballot works with U13 season ticket holders. If they are successful does the adult automatically get a ticket too?

The ballot for the league cup allowed you to apply in groups of up to 4. Either all of a group are successful or none.

Edited by Hungry hippo

2 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Couldn't disagree more. I have easily enough points to be in the top 4000 for the Celtic game, but LP's shouldn't even be considered. They have nowt to do with whether people have bought a ST, it should be an open draw for everyone who's decided to back the club.

That’s fair. It’s just an opinion and the only reason I think it should be LPs is because it’s only going to be for one game hopefully. In my opinion, the people who’ve backed the club through thin and thinner should be rewarded with priority for it. Like I say, if it’s a prolonged limited capacity then yes, I’m all for a complete ballot system. 

On the plus side, there aren’t any new ST holders I don’t think and there’s unlikely to be any glory seekers given what we’ve endured in the past 4 years! 

2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Loyalty points are for fans who go to away games, i think it's a simple system that works pretty well. We shouldn't start misusing it or it falls apart imo. 

I don’t see it as misusing it to reward the most loyal fans for one game at Tynecastle. You get 20 points for being a ST holder so if the system is only for away games, it works against anyone who doesn’t get one (for work reasons, say) and literally goes to every game they can. 

What happens happens but I’ll be disappointed to miss a Cat A game if it comes to that. I just hope the league ballot is entirely separate from the LC ballot and starts afresh. I don’t think that’s 100% clear in the regs and I got a Cove ticket. 

9 hours ago, number-16 said:

Given some fans have quite some distance to travel to games, and need to book travel, letting them know sooner than later might be helpful.

- posted from Aberdeen

Especially if they are travelling 400 miles from Cardiff or anywhere in Southern England! 

8 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

totally agree with you 👍

For example the auld boy who sits beside me doesn’t go to away games but is there every single home game. He deserves a ticket for the home games as much as anybody with 300 LPs.

The comedy elitism spouted by some is ridiculous. 
I have plenty LPs but would no way say I should be top of any que for a home ticket in a ballot ahead of any other ST holder.

Edited by 1971fozzy

5 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

I don’t see it as misusing it to reward the most loyal fans for one game at Tynecastle. You get 20 points for being a ST holder so if the system is only for away games, it works against anyone who doesn’t get one (for work reasons, say) and literally goes to every game they can. 

What happens happens but I’ll be disappointed to miss a Cat A game if it comes to that. I just hope the league ballot is entirely separate from the LC ballot and starts afresh. I don’t think that’s 100% clear in the regs and I got a Cove ticket. 

so if you live 50 miles away from Tynecastle (as I do) then travelling to get to every home game is like an away game (compared to those who live in Edinburgh) ?

The Treasurer
31 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

totally agree with you 👍

For example the auld boy who sits beside me doesn’t go to away games but is there every single home game. He deserves a ticket for the home games as much as anybody with 300 LPs.

The comedy elitism spouted by some is ridiculous. 
I have plenty LPs but would no way say I should be top of any que for a home ticket in a ballot ahead of any other ST holder.

Agree that all ST holders should have chance to get a ticket, but loyalty should be rewarded as well.

Perhaps it could be done that 50% is for ST holders via loyalty points and 50% via a straight ballot.

Of course this would only be practical or fair if it was a one-off for the sellik game, but I expect it will go on for a while yet.

fabienleclerq
6 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

I never got a cove ticket but if it went to lp I'd get one for the Tim's. I think it's unfair as its a home game and St holders are the bread and butter. 

Getting 20 points for buying a st puts them ahead for semi finals and big games which is fair. 

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

I never got a cove ticket but if it went to lp I'd get one for the Tim's. I think it's unfair as its a home game and St holders are the bread and butter. 

Getting 20 points for buying a st puts them ahead for semi finals and big games which is fair. 

True, but to be fair, one loyalty point (or even a buying history) has qualified for every big game we’ve ever played at Hampden, with the exception of Hibs in 2012 which officially got down to 8 iirc. 
Even then, I was made aware of folk basically giving them away in the week leading up to the game. Mainly tickets they’d got from sponsors after buying their own, it must be said. 

I’m cool with the criticism of my post but Comedy Elitism @1971fozzy? I’ve never claimed to be funny and I’m certainly not an elitist (I consider it society’s biggest problem). I don’t even consider myself as someone who “looks after number one” in general but this is ONE match in which I will do so and I’m hoping to reap the rewards of investing far too much into Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Good luck, one and all. 👍🇱🇻

Gorgie_Rules

Am i correct in saying if you entered the ballot for the Cove game you will also be included for ICT? 

Got a ticket for the Cove game and assuming there is a weighting system for the league cup games then probably unlikely to get one which is fair enough. Hoping the season ticket weighting system is separate though!

14 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Am i correct in saying if you entered the ballot for the Cove game you will also be included for ICT? 

Got a ticket for the Cove game and assuming there is a weighting system for the league cup games then probably unlikely to get one which is fair enough. Hoping the season ticket weighting system is separate though!

mid you where red for cove and were unsuccessful you went in to ICT ballot.

league one is being treated separately 

Saint Jambo
6 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

The entry was into the ballot for both Cove and ICT games. It wasn't totally clear, but I think the implication of the info provided was that those unsuccessful for Cove will get first dibs on tickets for ICT, with a ballot among that group if necessary. I'm still hopeful that with a crowd of around 5,000 for the ICT game (still to be confirmed by the Council, but based on what is being approved elsewhere) that there may be some tickets left over for those who attended Cove. Just depends how many season ticket holders entered.

There has been no indication that getting a ticket for the league cup game would reduce your chance of getting a ticket for the Celtic game so would be very surprised if that was the case. I get @Shaggy2's view that loyalty points should be used, but I think the most important thing is that whichever system they use that they are up front in their communication about it from the outset. Having not mentioned loyalty points in the info about ballots when they put season tickets on sale, I think it would be a real mistake to introduce that into the mix now (even though it would probably be to my benefit). Using loyalty points would also mean either applying as individuals rather than groups or accepting that your group got assigned the loyalty points of the 'least loyal' member of the group, neither of which would be popular.

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Agree that all ST holders should have chance to get a ticket, but loyalty should be rewarded as well.

Perhaps it could be done that 50% is for ST holders via loyalty points and 50% via a straight ballot.

Of course this would only be practical or fair if it was a one-off for the sellik game, but I expect it will go on for a while yet.

If it does go on for a while and we use LP's, surely it'll be the same people who get tickets for every home game or am I missing something? 

Has everybody been allocated 20 points for this years season tickets. 

I checked transaction history, and we still haven’t been allocated 20 points for this season. 

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, daftie said:

I checked transaction history, and we still haven’t been allocated 20 points for this season. 

I don't think anyone has been allocated their ST points as yet. As the thread has highlighted this ballot is for fixtures being played at Tynecastle, the club will, or should, be aware of everyone who has an up to date ST and should be included in the ballots for these two home league cup ties. I guess it is information they will add once the rules and regs move on and the possibility of getting to matches away from Tynecastle kicks in, then the total number of loyalty points will come into play.

Was interesting to read that it appears those who managed to get a ticket for the home fixture versus Cove may not be included in the ballot for the game versus ICT, as the club try to spread the chances of the numbers who will at least get to one of those two games.

I'm guessing that once the league campaign starts we may have to adopt a similar approach to home league games as the OF use for their away fixtures. They get allocated games they can go to away from home and I'm guessing we might have something similar for home games, until such time as full attendances are allowed again. I'm comfortable in as much as I accept that having missed out in the ballot for the Cove game I may also miss out in the ballot for the ICT game, and the league games I get allocated a seat for may not necessarily be the specific choice of games I'd have personally picked in such a scenario.

14 minutes ago, daftie said:

Yeah, I’ve had mine added back in June. 

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Yeah, I’ve had mine added back in June. 

Are you sure that is for season 2021/22. I had loyalty points added manually recently for the game against Sunderland but the last entry of loyalty points showing prior to that was in June 2020, for the season just ended. There is an entry under Purchase history to show that the present season ST was taken into account for the ballot but the points have not yet been allocated under the loyalty points tab.

Just seen on Facebook that Rangers are getting 12,750 for their friendly against Real Madrid which would be a quarter of the full capacity. Then they are getting 17,000 for their first league game against Livingston which would be a third of their capacity.

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Are you sure that is for season 2021/22. I had loyalty points added manually recently for the game against Sunderland but the last entry of loyalty points showing prior to that was in June 2020, for the season just ended. There is an entry under Purchase history to show that the present season ST was taken into account for the ballot but the points have not yet been allocated under the loyalty points tab.

142ED2C2-C862-4759-92DC-7F8CDE921ADD.png

2 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Same for me....purchased ST on 19/06/21 .....and 20 points were added that same day for season 21/22

Was unsuccessful for the Cove game so hoping to be successful for the ICT game..!

portobellojambo1
7 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Good stuff, I purchased my ST on 01/06/21 for this present season but as yet the points haven't been allocated. Not sure if it is possibly because I was moving from an adult status to OAP status. Sure they'll sort everything out eventually.

19 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Good stuff, I purchased my ST on 01/06/21 for this present season but as yet the points haven't been allocated. Not sure if it is possibly because I was moving from an adult status to OAP status. Sure they'll sort everything out eventually.

No doubt they will get it sorted for you. The ticket office staff I’ve always found to be great at sorting out problems. 

20 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I presume for the Celtic game we dont have to let any of those scummy assholes in

How to knock their usual fake ticket scam on the head in one easy move. 

1 hour ago, daftie said:

Renewed on the phone and points added immediately.

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

If it does go on for a while and we use LP's, surely it'll be the same people who get tickets for every home game or am I missing something? 

As I’ve said I understand that point and I’m only advocating loyalty points for Celtic because, as it stands, it’ll be the only game subject to restrictions. 
I’ve stated that if restrictions are in place for ongoing games then every ST holder must get a fair crack. 
To be honest, if restrictions do continue, two of our first three home games are cat A so as a club, it’ll be very costly to us and if it came to it, I’d rather attend the derby than the Mhanks game. Uncertainty is a killer! 

2 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

girl in the ticket office told me that even though I had got a ticket for the cove game, I would still be in the draw for the inverness game.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, iainmac said:

That's why I said it could only work if it was a one off 

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

That's why I said it could only work if it was a one off 

We wont know if further restrictions may return later so its going to be ballots for the next while. Not sure how they track who applied for what and who was successful or not for priority in next ballot. Complicated stuff.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I presume for the Celtic game we dont have to let any of those scummy assholes in

I've heard that they are trying to put pressure on their lapdogs at the SPFL to get some sort of allocation but Hearts are adament that no away fans will be allowed until all Hearts fans are catered for