Jump to content

***Official Stirling Albion v Heart of Midlothian match thread***


August Landmesser

Recommended Posts

Smith's right boot
3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

 

Guessing you missed the first half of that game, or the Alloa League Cup game, or the Brora game... 

 

 

Guess  you missed the hibs sf and us winning the league by a distance..... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • sadj

    39

  • jonnothejambo

    39

  • ToqueJambo

    37

  • GinRummy

    36

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Wilson said:

Worth pointing out that a 2-0 win will guarantee one of the 3 seeded positions in the net round.

It would only really be worth pointing that out if it was correct, which it isn't! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Folk just forget that the other team has a say on how we perform. When we are getting gubbed off Celtic doesn't mean we shat the bed. 

 

 

Some folk really forget this. 

 

It's like they know nothing and have never watched football ever. 

 

We should press. 

We should attack

Why can't play like that all the time?

If we "have a go" we'll win. 

 

Utter wrecking balls that give me the fear. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
3 hours ago, Gambo said:

He had chance to be a tactical mastermind, though tbf the average fan had sussed out how to go about that game b4 kick off, but chose to ignore minutes 1-45.

 

 

To get a 3-3 draw with the team that finished second and beat the team that finished 3rd with such a turgid, slow, shite team already makes him a mastermind, not forgetting winning the league with such a team. 

 

Either that or folk just talk shite, slaver all over the place and that we had mixed results in the cups- some good performances and some utter shit ones. 

 

It's almost like we were a championship team. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 hour ago, Silvery_Moon said:

That was awful. I think the 0-3 defeat (Millennium Derby as we called it in the match programme) was one of those. Possibly even the 6-2 defeat at ER as well. Less said about those the better. 

Yes, horrific match. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yes, horrific match. 

 

Agree.

 

I had made all sorts of plans to go out drinking up town after it, and still turned up to meet a mate but it was like being at a wake.    It wasn't until the DeVries derby that I felt we got back on track.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

To get a 3-3 draw with the team that finished second and beat the team that finished 3rd with such a turgid, slow, shite team already makes him a mastermind, not forgetting winning the league with such a team. 

 

Either that or folk just talk shite, slaver all over the place and that we had mixed results in the cups- some good performances and some utter shit ones. 

 

It's almost like we were a championship team. 

 

 

 

 

We got LOST the final.

Whether we lost in 90 mins, e/t, pens we LOST. 

 

Now a mastermind is someone who masterminds a cup final loss. You really are getting desperate.

 

Whether we won/lost in 90mins E/T or pens most Hearts fans will agree those first 45mins were unacceptable.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
29 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We got LOST the final.

Whether we lost in 90 mins, e/t, pens we LOST. 

 

Now a mastermind is someone who masterminds a cup final loss. You really are getting desperate.

 

Whether we won/lost in 90mins E/T or pens most Hearts fans will agree those first 45mins were unacceptable.

 

 

 

 

 

choo choo....

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

 

:rofl:

 

Another cliched comment from the soiled nappy brigade.

 

From you, that's quite the statement... :rofl: 

 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Guess  you missed the hibs sf and us winning the league by a distance..... 

 

Keep clapping pal :clap:

 

There's no doubt that we won the league at a canter last season, but let's be honest, it was a shit league, and we had about three decent performances all season (maybe 4 before you get your Robbie undercrackers in a twist), the style of play is honking to watch, and we have a much better squad of players than people give us credit for, but Neilson is never a manager in a hundred years, I hope he proves me wrong, but feel free to bookmark this post if you like pal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

 

From you, that's quite the statement... :rofl: 

 

 

Keep clapping pal :clap:

 

There's no doubt that we won the league at a canter last season, but let's be honest, it was a shit league, and we had about three decent performances all season (maybe 4 before you get your Robbie undercrackers in a twist), the style of play is honking to watch, and we have a much better squad of players than people give us credit for, but Neilson is never a manager in a hundred years, I hope he proves me wrong, but feel free to bookmark this post if you like pal. 

 

Booo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

 

From you, that's quite the statement... :rofl: 

 

 

Keep clapping pal :clap:

 

There's no doubt that we won the league at a canter last season, but let's be honest, it was a shit league, and we had about three decent performances all season (maybe 4 before you get your Robbie undercrackers in a twist), the style of play is honking to watch, and we have a much better squad of players than people give us credit for, but Neilson is never a manager in a hundred years, I hope he proves me wrong, but feel free to bookmark this post if you like pal. 

 

:rofl:

 

Truly desperate - continuing to run through the cliches.  Happy clappers, shit league, no style, which is remarkably similar to "flair" that Hibs fans used to boast about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

So you are happy giving up the first 45mins of a final we went on to lose?

 

No one has said we would have won if we went for it in first 45min, what we know is we never won the cup dismissing the first 45mins.

 

Bets thing is not to watch games in 45 minute chunks. "Game of two halves" is a very common phrase in football for a reason. Robbie Neilson didn't invent it FFS. Games ebb and flow. We were a penalty or two away from winning that final - it was a fantastic performance in the circumstances. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

First half was crap but my biggest worry at 2-2 was that we eased off them a bit. We had to get in front but couldn't quite manage it. It was a great effort but 7 months on still hurts. 

 

Painful the way we lost but every Jambo should be proud of how we played in what was probably the most entertaining game of the season in Scotland.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

We got LOST the final.

Whether we lost in 90 mins, e/t, pens we LOST. 

 

Now a mastermind is someone who masterminds a cup final loss. You really are getting desperate.

 

Whether we won/lost in 90mins E/T or pens most Hearts fans will agree those first 45mins were unacceptable.

 

 

 

 


Come on man, I've seen better Hearts teams having to pay to get back in at half-time in some games against the Glasgow filth. Do you not remember how many finals and semi-finals we lost, often heavily, before winning the cup in 98?

It doesn't mean the manager got it wrong nor the players being pish.You can do everything right and still lose. It means their expensively assembled team outplayed us.
Hell, you can outclass and outplay the old firm and still lose because their £10 million striker hits 3 worldies and their momentum and experience winning home and away pays out, along with the tendency of their players to dive and foul with full leniency by the match officials.

I have high hopes that this season, someone boots that diving ******* Eduard up in the air in our penalty box and the referee, sick of his diving antics, ignores it entirely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Yes, horrific match. 

 

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Agree.

 

I had made all sorts of plans to go out drinking up town after it, and still turned up to meet a mate but it was like being at a wake.    It wasn't until the DeVries derby that I felt we got back on track.

 

Guess what?

 

I, in all honesty, have never and I mean ever, been to Fester Road and witnessed a defeat.

 

Personally, I totally lurve the so-called 'Bridge of Doom'. Quite a pinch-point in Covid-19 times, though ... you'd think.

 

Last season's list of 'baddies' had me seriously thinking about NOT paying 2 x £34 to the Wee Team but, thinking about it, they do sell out their end at Tynie so it kinda evens things out.

 

Apart from anything else, i'd just miss the scuttlers hiding up the side roads gurning. So, at total random, here's a photo from the 29th of December 2018 when Olly Lee (remember him? He of the complicated song?) scored the winner.

 

 

Screenshot_20210721-182614_Messenger.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

 

 

Guess what?

 

I, in all honesty, have never and I mean ever, been to Fester Road and witnessed a defeat.

 

Personally, I totally lurve the so-called 'Bridge of Doom'. Quite a pinch-point in Covid-19 times, though ... you'd think.

 

Last season's list of 'baddies' had me seriously thinking about NOT paying 2 x £34 to the Wee Team but, thinking about it, they do sell out their end at Tynie so it kinda evens things out.

 

Apart from anything else, i'd just miss the scuttlers hiding up the side roads gurning. So, at total random, here's a photo from the 29th of December 2018 when Olly Lee (remember him? He of the complicated song?) scored the winner.

 

 

Screenshot_20210721-182614_Messenger.jpg

 

👍

 

I've seen more than my share of us hammering them, including every game in the 22 in a row. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

 

 

There's no doubt that we won the league at a canter last season, but let's be honest, it was a shit league, and we had about three decent performances all season (maybe 4 before you get your Robbie undercrackers in a twist), the style of play is honking to watch, and we have a much better squad of players than people give us credit for, but Neilson is never a manager in a hundred years, I hope he proves me wrong, but feel free to bookmark this post if you like pal. 

 

At least 16 good performances. Not 3. In at least 16 games we either won comfortably - scoring 3 or more goals and never looking like losing - or we played our part in a fairly even, absorbing match we either came out top in or narrowly lost (the cup final being the only defeat included in that list).

 

Stick that in your doom pipe and smoke it. Not 14/15 but not a disaster either, 2 of the cups aside.

Edited by ToqueJambo
Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

It's like they know nothing and have never watched football ever. 

 


Said without even a hint of irony :rofl:

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

Bets thing is not to watch games in 45 minute chunks. "Game of two halves" is a very common phrase in football for a reason. Robbie Neilson didn't invent it FFS. Games ebb and flow. We were a penalty or two away from winning that final - it was a fantastic performance in the circumstances. 

There is nothing fantastic about losing any match never mind a final.

 

The way we went about OUR business first half was awful, 46mins onwards it was a lot better due to a different approach. Celtic were poor for 120mins.

 

Only a few would argue against that. The same few who will defend Robbie no matter what.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

There is nothing fantastic about losing any match never mind a final.

 

The way we went about OUR business first half was awful, 46mins onwards it was a lot better due to a different approach. Celtic were poor for 120mins.

 

Only a few would argue against that. The same few who will defend Robbie no matter what.

 

 

 

 

Why is it always down to the other team/league being shite and never any praise for Hearts turning around a two goal deficit in this example?

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambopilms
25 minutes ago, Gambo said:

There is nothing fantastic about losing any match never mind a final.

 

The way we went about OUR business first half was awful, 46mins onwards it was a lot better due to a different approach. Celtic were poor for 120mins.

 

Only a few would argue against that. The same few who will defend Robbie no matter what.

 

 

 

we have all seen many matches against the old firm where we get humped the first half, no matter who the manager. I haven't seen many, if any, come backs like the final, manager Robbie Nielson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

we have all seen many matches against the old firm where we get humped the first half, no matter who the manager. I haven't seen many, if any, come backs like the final, manager Robbie Nielson.

 

He probably also thought we were shite in the 1996 League Cup final we lost 4-3 to Rangers after being 2-0 down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambopilms
Just now, frankblack said:

 

He probably also thought we were shite in the 1996 League Cup final we lost 4-3 to Rangers after being 2-0 down.

Jeffries shat the bed blah blah blah, lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

Why is it always down to the other team/league being shite and never any praise for Hearts turning around a two goal deficit in this example?

You can't read.

 

I have praised Hearts/Neilson for turning it around.

 

I have criticised Neilson for the way we went about the first half.

 

Really simple.

 

Celtic were poor for 90mins and there for the taking imo.

We were awful the way we went about first 45mins, a lot better when we went for it 46mins onwards.

 

Now any other way you want to twist it so you dont have to say we went about it wrong first half, or have you run out?

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You can't read.

 

I have praised Hearts/Neilson for turning it around.

 

I have criticised Neilson for the way we went about the first half.

 

Really simple.

 

Celtic were poor for 90mins and there for the taking imo.

We were awful the way we went about first 45mins, a lot better when we went for it 46mins onwards.

 

Now any other way you want to twist it so you dont have to say we went about it wrong first half, or have you run out?

 

 

 

 

 

Everything from you is at very best a backhanded compliment with no balance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You can't read.

 

I have praised Hearts/Neilson for turning it around.

 

I have criticised Neilson for the way we went about the first half.

 

Really simple.

 

Celtic were poor for 90mins and there for the taking imo.

We were awful the way we went about first 45mins, a lot better when we went for it 46mins onwards.

 

Now any other way you want to twist it so you dont have to say we went about it wrong first half, or have you run out?

 

 

 

 

You couldn't be more right if you tried.  I was a mixture of utter frustration and downright anger at half time, all targeted at Neilson.  I do give him credit for the turnaround but if we had competed in the 1st half we might well have won in 90 minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

No we really won't know. Teams' form often changes dramatically season by season in Scotland. The team that finished 3rd can easily finish 6th the following season. 

 

But some other team has to finish 3rd, no?

Has the general standard changed so much since the last time we were in the top league? In the last 18 months have top league managers suddenly unearthed a set of groundbreaking tactics that will bamboozle our coaching staff? Have none of our players represented clubs in the top league? Have none of our management and coaching staff managed or coached in the top league? Form changes, of course, but the general standard has been reasonably consistent for a couple of decades, give or take.

 

If Hearts are going in to this Premier League season blind as to what to expect from other sides, then we really are a busted flush.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

There is nothing fantastic about losing any match never mind a final.

 

The way we went about OUR business first half was awful, 46mins onwards it was a lot better due to a different approach. Celtic were poor for 120mins.

 

Only a few would argue against that. The same few who will defend Robbie no matter what.

 

 

 

 

I enjoyed it personally. It definitely didn't feel like the 3-0 defeat to Aberdeen or the LC defeat to St Mirren. It felt more like the 4-3 Rangers cup final defeat. A very enjoyable game where we gave a great account of ourselves and very narrowly lost against much more fancied opposition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
maggieb
10 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

 

Neilson will play for a 2-0 loss and claim it as some sort of victory because other teams will lose by more to them this season...

I sort of get the anti Nelson stuff but for ffs it’s a new season ,surely let him play the cards he’s dealt for a few games before we boot the phukk out of his Bolox...

I really don’t think we will have a better chance than now to rip these 👍👍👍👍👍.    👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

Everything from you is at very best a backhanded compliment with no balance.

Got it wrong in first half, got it right 46min onwards. 

How much more balanced do you want it?

 

I call it as I see it. 

 

Now can we say you are balanced?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

I enjoyed it personally. It definitely didn't feel like the 3-0 defeat to Aberdeen or the LC defeat to St Mirren. It felt more like the 4-3 Rangers cup final defeat. A very enjoyable game where we gave a great account of ourselves and very narrowly lost against much more fancied opposition.

Did you enjoy it as much as 98/06/12 Finals?

 

Did we give a good account of ourselves in the first 45mins v Celtic?

 

Never enjoy losing, especially more so when we give up 45mins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

 

👍

 

I've seen more than my share of us hammering them, including every game in the 22 in a row. :lol:

 

Och, I know that I've posted this before but I never tire seeing the juxtaposition of Fester Road as Clare slots his penalty away vis-a-vis minutes after full time with our away end packed and the rest of the ground empty.

 

For those who, sadly, couldn't make it here are the highlights; the best of which is the 'roar' when Hibs score their consolation goal. Spot the empty stands. Yup, it was the Hearts fans cheering ironically.

 

❤❤G❤

 

 

 

Screenshot_20210721-203012_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210721-204614_Gallery.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
35 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Got it wrong in first half, got it right 46min onwards. 

How much more balanced do you want it?

 

I call it as I see it. 

 

Now can we say you are balanced?

 

 

Maybe Lennon got it right first half and wrong second half?

 

🤷‍♂️

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
FarmerTweedy
11 hours ago, Wilson said:

Worth pointing out that a 2-0 win will guarantee one of the 3 seeded positions in the net round.

Now, it's worth pointing that out! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

 

:rofl:

 

Truly desperate - continuing to run through the cliches.  Happy clappers, shit league, no style, which is remarkably similar to "flair" that Hibs fans used to boast about.

Is that all you’ve got? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, maggieb said:

I sort of get the anti Nelson stuff but for ffs it’s a new season ,surely let him play the cards he’s dealt for a few games before we boot the phukk out of his Bolox...

I really don’t think we will have a better chance than now to rip these 👍👍👍👍👍.    👍


I agree with you about never getting a better chance to burst this mob, but you know my fears… 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
10 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:


I agree with you about never getting a better chance to burst this mob, but you know my fears… 

 

 

Don't have fear. 

 

Hopefully the Bobmeister and the team aren't running shit scared like half the folk on here. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2205ian

What has SCF vs Celtic got to do with SA vs HMFC earlier this week??

 

Dig up the old thread so folk can ignore it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Don't have fear. 

 

Hopefully the Bobmeister and the team aren't running shit scared like half the folk on here. 

 

 

 

It's the Bobmeister that gives me the fear, not the players, I genuinely believe we have the players to do well this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
34 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

 

It's the Bobmeister that gives me the fear, not the players, I genuinely believe we have the players to do well this season. 

 

:cornette: x ♾

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

 

:cornette: x ♾

 

 

 

Cute, I've got my very own stalker... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

 

Cute, I've got my very own stalker... 

 

giphy.gif

 

Paranoid, much?

 

I just logged on and saw you replied above to a sarky comment then posted more drivel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

 

It's the Bobmeister that gives me the fear, not the players, I genuinely believe we have the players to do well this season. 

 

Don't be scared.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

 

giphy.gif

 

Paranoid, much?

 

I just logged on and saw you replied above to a sarky comment then posted more drivel.

 

Coure you did  (FYI, you're trying too hard) ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
10 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

 

Coure you did  (FYI, you're trying too hard) ;) 

 

Nope, wrong again.  You will find I've hardly posted today as I am busy. 👌

Link to post
Share on other sites
maggieb
18 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:


I agree with you about never getting a better chance to burst this mob, but you know my fears… 

👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
21 hours ago, Gambo said:

Did you enjoy it as much as 98/06/12 Finals?

 

Did we give a good account of ourselves in the first 45mins v Celtic?

 

Never enjoy losing, especially more so when we give up 45mins.

 

This may surprise you but I enjoy finals we win more. Silly me I thought we were talking about finals we might have won but didn't not comparing defeats to losses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
johnthomas

Came on here wondering what had happened re the Stirling game which was on Tuesday 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...