***Official Stirling Albion v Heart of Midlothian match thread***

August Landmesser

20 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We all applauded the come back, but does that mean we ignore the first 45mins? FFS

Depends if the only thing you took from the cup final is we were down 2-0, which for many is all that mattered because it apparently proves a point.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Bongo 1874

• Gambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He had chance to be a tactical mastermind, though tbf the average fan had sussed out how to go about that game b4 kick off, but chose to ignore minutes 1-45.

Another pile of horse shit. You can't blame him for the first 45 but not equally praise him for the remaining half plus extra time. Like saying Pollock saved the game without acknowledge the fact RN made the sub. Mentalists. Clowns, trolls .

Folk just forget that the other team has a say on how we perform. When we are getting gubbed off Celtic doesn't mean we shat the bed. 

25 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Just go back to that match thread. Bad luck.....we didn't turn up first half ffs.

Scared to say what's bloody in front of you. The worst type of posters imo (but entitled to opinion).

We were shit in first half due to Robbies tactics, he changed it (he bloody had to,) and had a go and it was a lot better and nearly came off, but at end of the day , we gave up 45mins of football and lost, which brings us back to the point I was replying to originally...... Celtic are there to have ago at a week on Friday(like the majority thought b4 the final).....that is from a Neilson can do no wrong supporter.......Will we do it from first whistle or wait 45mins again?

I nearly put my foot through the TV at HT as the first 45m was an absolute disgrace for a Cup Final performance.

14 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Correct but that hasn't stopped you and the other Nhielsen boys slavering about it. The facts are we drew with the tims over 120 minutes (yes we lost on the penalty lottery). Anyone saying we would have won if we had attacked in the first half is at it

I've never said we would have won?

I have said giving up and writing off 45mins was never going to help. That is opinion,  not slavering.

Fact is we drew over 120mins, whilst turning up for 75mins, but lost the final.

7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I nearly put my foot through the TV at HT as the first 45m was an absolute disgrace for a Cup Final performance.

Certainly was.

18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Depends if the only thing you took from the cup final is we were down 2-0, which for many is all that mattered because it apparently proves a point.

The only thing that mattered to me was we lost the cup final. 

Not a concern to a few though.

Same folk raging after 15 mins on the match threads because we aren't winning but then disappear when we end up 2-0. The desperation to be angry is embarrassing.

10 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Folk just forget that the other team has a say on how we perform. When we are getting gubbed off Celtic doesn't mean we shat the bed. 

We sit too deep nearly every time we play them. Levein did it constantly and Neilson did it in the first half of the final. The Old Firm have been playing against sides sitting deep and trying to frustrate them for decades and know how to play against it. 

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

The only thing that mattered to me was we lost the cup final. 

Not a concern to a few though.

But you realise the half time score means nothing. It doesn't matter if we were 2 up, 2 down or 0-0. The match ended a draw either way.

16 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Another pile of horse shit. You can't blame him for the first 45 but not equally praise him for the remaining half plus extra time. Like saying Pollock saved the game without acknowledge the fact RN made the sub. Mentalists. Clowns, trolls .

Who was to blame for the first 45mins.....me....you ?

Or did that shocking 45mins not happen that it can't be spoken about?

I praised the way we went about second half as I can easily talk about what I see. I openly spoke b4 the game that that was the way I hoped we would start it.

You seem to have a problem with folk saying we were crap first half  good 46mins onwards. Mental.

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Same folk raging after 15 mins on the match threads because we aren't winning but then disappear when we end up 2-0. The desperation to be angry is embarrassing.

Where are all these raging posts in first 15mins???

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

We sit too deep nearly every time we play them. Levein did it constantly and Neilson did it in the first half of the final. The Old Firm have been playing against sides sitting deep and trying to frustrate them for decades and know how to play against it. 

We should have just went for it, attacked more, they we there for the taking etc etc etc good chance we could have been 3 or 4 nil down. 

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Who was to blame for the first 45mins.....me....you ?

Or did that shocking 45mins not happen that it can't be spoken about?

I praised the way we went about second half as I can easily talk about what I see. I openly spoke b4 the game that that was the way I hoped we would start it.

You seem to have a problem with folk saying we were crap first half  good 46mins onwards. Mental.

Maybe Celtic played better the first half than the second and 2-0 flattered them at the time. The answer isnt always RN is a twat every single time.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Where are all these raging posts in first 15mins???

See every match thread ever, I wasn't specifically speaking about you. This is shit, RN out etc etc. We score then silence.

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We should have just went for it, attacked more, they we there for the taking etc etc etc good chance we could have been 3 or 4 nil down. 

That’s not what I meant and I wasn’t talking about that game alone. The O.F. build from the back and the only way you have the slightest hope of beating them is to disrupt them earlier in their build up.

Defending from the half way line inevitably becomes defending from 18 yards which usually leads to a grubbing. This type of tactic also leaves us no means of attack whatsoever.

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Guessing you missed the first half of that game, or the Alloa League Cup game, or the Brora game... 

:rofl:

Desperate stuff, trying to recycle old arguments.  Most people have accepted he is here this season and will SUPPORT the team, but you are bitching like a torn-faced bairn.

giphy.gif

Japan Jambo

Worth noting I got a very classy note/apology from Stuart Brown (Chairman @Stirling Albion) to my email last night pointing out their service deficiencies. Great customer service.

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

Worth noting I got a very classy note/apology from Stuart Brown (Chairman @Stirling Albion) to my email last night pointing out their service deficiencies. Great customer service.

That is quite nice. I noticed the email address was posted on here last night but didn’t send them an email. 

25 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

https://t.co/I25yLLD6tu

Short summary of last nights match from Robbie Neilson, nothing exciting really, just like the match. 

Looks like another strong side out on Sunday -

“We’ll make some changes, but nothing major, we want to win, it’s important to keep momentum going – that’s three out of three and we want to make it four out of four.”

Good words. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You're unwavering commitment is a welcome antidote to the ne'er do wells, Toque, but that's a ridiculous statement.

We were a top tier club up until very recently, so you would hope that we know what's required to compete there.  🤷‍♂️

If only football clubs employed a team of highly paid professionals to gather intelligence, assess the oposition, and ensure that the club was prepared for all eventualities over coming season. It'll never catch on.

:interehjrling:

No we really won't know. Teams' form often changes dramatically season by season in Scotland. The team that finished 3rd can easily finish 6th the following season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Gambo said:

Vast majority of Hearts fans thought the same before the cup final.

And we played very well against a better Celtic team than the one they have now. In fact we did better in a cup final against Celtic than any team for some time.

26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s not what I meant and I wasn’t talking about that game alone. The O.F. build from the back and the only way you have the slightest hope of beating them is to disrupt them earlier in their build up.

Defending from the half way line inevitably becomes defending from 18 yards which usually leads to a grubbing. This type of tactic also leaves us no means of attack whatsoever.

Fair point but you can't press for 90mins not even the best can.

Guest ToqueJambo
38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We've also gone for it from the start against Celtic under Neilson.

Silvery_Moon
14 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I remember one season ( or maybe more ) when televised league games kicked off at 18:05 on a Sunday. Horrific. 

That was awful. I think the 0-3 defeat (Millennium Derby as we called it in the match programme) was one of those. Possibly even the 6-2 defeat at ER as well. Less said about those the better. 

Silvery_Moon
4 hours ago, Wilson said:

Worth pointing out that a 2-0 win will guarantee one of the 3 seeded positions in the net round.

How many seeded positions are left? I thought 3 with the top 5 finishers in the Spfl the others. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Just go back to that match thread. Bad luck.....we didn't turn up first half ffs.

Scared to say what's bloody in front of you. The worst type of posters imo (but entitled to opinion).

We were shit in first half due to Robbies tactics, he changed it (he bloody had to,) and had a go and it was a lot better and nearly came off, but at end of the day , we gave up 45mins of football and lost, which brings us back to the point I was replying to originally...... Celtic are there to have ago at a week on Friday(like the majority thought b4 the final).....that is from a Neilson can do no wrong supporter.......Will we do it from first whistle or wait 45mins again?

But in an alternative scenarionwe could have gone 2-0 up then Celtic pulled 2 goals back? Football matches tend not to follow the type of neat script you seem to think they should, especially against better teams, which Celtic were no matter their troubles last season. (Remember our own fans spent all last season telling us how shit we were and how bad a manager Neilson is so why on earth do you think we could attack Celtic for 90 mins? Given that, 3-3 is a miracle surely?) 

In a game we lost 3-1 away to Celtic in 2016 Neilson did attack from the start and actually we competed really well with Celtic in that game. Still lost 3-1. We also drew with Celtic away and drew 2-2 at home under Neilson that season, and were quite unlucky to lose 2-1 in the game we played under Neilson the following season. Look back at our results and performances against them under him in the league - this game is not the foregone conclusion you're trying to make it out to be.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Silvery_Moon
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

But in an alternative scenarionwe could have gone 2-0 up then Celtic pulled 2 goals back? Football matches tend not to follow the type of neat script you seem to think they should, especially against better teams, which Celtic were no matter their troubles last season. (Remember our own fans spent all last season telling us how shit we were and how bad a manager Neilson is so why on earth do you think we could attack Celtic for 90 mins? Given that, 3-3 is a miracle surely?) 

First half was crap but my biggest worry at 2-2 was that we eased off them a bit. We had to get in front but couldn't quite manage it. It was a great effort but 7 months on still hurts. 

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

But you realise the half time score means nothing. It doesn't matter if we were 2 up, 2 down or 0-0. The match ended a draw either way.

You do realise the first 45mins in a cup final are not be dismissed?

Maybe Celtic played better the first half than the second and 2-0 flattered them at the time. The answer isnt always RN is a twat every single time.

You think he got his tactics spot on first half?

You think Neilson is never to blame?

Just now, Gambo said:

You do realise the first 45mins in a cup final are not be dismissed?

So RN said dont worry about the first half lads, I'm not interested in it. Clown. Nothing to do with Celtics multimillion Pound team playing well ?

24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In a game we lost 3-1 away to Celtic in 2016 Neilson did attack from the start and actually we competed really well with Celtic in that game. Still lost 3-1. We also drew with Celtic away and drew 2-2 at home under Neilson that season, and were quite unlucky to lose 2-1 in the game we played under Neilson the following season. Look back at our results and performances against them under him in the league - this game is not the foregone conclusion you're trying to make it out to be.

So you are happy giving up the first 45mins of a final we went on to lose?

No one has said we would have won if we went for it in first 45min, what we know is we never won the cup dismissing the first 45mins.

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

So RN said dont worry about the first half lads, I'm not interested in it. Clown. Nothing to do with Celtics multimillion Pound team playing well ?

Celtics team DID NOT play that well first half ffs.

They were there for the taking, but Robbie got his tactics wrong.

You do yourself no favours trying to hide from that.

I won't call you names because we have differing opinions. 😁

40 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Fair point but you can't press for 90mins not even the best can.

Yeah, uou have to wait until you are 2-0 down after 45mins thinking of doing that, especially in a cup final.😁😆

Ps we did it for 75mins in that game.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Desperate stuff, trying to recycle old arguments.  Most people have accepted he is here this season and will SUPPORT the team, but you are bitching like a torn-faced bairn.

giphy.gif

You keep clapping away like the good wee happy clapper you are pal :thumbsup:

Spot on but you do know you're wasting your time ?

Some of the , at best , naive tactical comments above are pure comedy .

Maybe these people don't actually watch football much

Just now, johnthomas said:

Yeah I know. I really should just put them on ignore if the mods can't flush them away.

36 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

You keep clapping away like the good wee happy clapper you are pal :thumbsup:

Another cliched comment from the soiled nappy brigade.

23 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

They just hate Phoodle as they affectionately call him. They would rather he fail than Hearts win 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Guessing you missed the first half of that game, or the Alloa League Cup game, or the Brora game... 

Guess  you missed the hibs sf and us winning the league by a distance..... 

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Wilson said:

Worth pointing out that a 2-0 win will guarantee one of the 3 seeded positions in the net round.

It would only really be worth pointing that out if it was correct, which it isn't! 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Some folk really forget this. 

It's like they know nothing and have never watched football ever. 

We should press. 

We should attack

Why can't play like that all the time?

If we "have a go" we'll win. 

Utter wrecking balls that give me the fear. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Gambo said:

He had chance to be a tactical mastermind, though tbf the average fan had sussed out how to go about that game b4 kick off, but chose to ignore minutes 1-45.

To get a 3-3 draw with the team that finished second and beat the team that finished 3rd with such a turgid, slow, shite team already makes him a mastermind, not forgetting winning the league with such a team. 

Either that or folk just talk shite, slaver all over the place and that we had mixed results in the cups- some good performances and some utter shit ones. 

It's almost like we were a championship team. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Silvery_Moon said:

That was awful. I think the 0-3 defeat (Millennium Derby as we called it in the match programme) was one of those. Possibly even the 6-2 defeat at ER as well. Less said about those the better. 

Yes, horrific match. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yes, horrific match. 

Agree.

I had made all sorts of plans to go out drinking up town after it, and still turned up to meet a mate but it was like being at a wake.    It wasn't until the DeVries derby that I felt we got back on track.

35 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

To get a 3-3 draw with the team that finished second and beat the team that finished 3rd with such a turgid, slow, shite team already makes him a mastermind, not forgetting winning the league with such a team. 

Either that or folk just talk shite, slaver all over the place and that we had mixed results in the cups- some good performances and some utter shit ones. 

It's almost like we were a championship team. 

We got LOST the final.

Whether we lost in 90 mins, e/t, pens we LOST. 

Now a mastermind is someone who masterminds a cup final loss. You really are getting desperate.

Whether we won/lost in 90mins E/T or pens most Hearts fans will agree those first 45mins were unacceptable.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We got LOST the final.

Whether we lost in 90 mins, e/t, pens we LOST. 

Now a mastermind is someone who masterminds a cup final loss. You really are getting desperate.

Whether we won/lost in 90mins E/T or pens most Hearts fans will agree those first 45mins were unacceptable.

choo choo....

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Another cliched comment from the soiled nappy brigade.

From you, that's quite the statement... :rofl: 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Guess  you missed the hibs sf and us winning the league by a distance..... 

Keep clapping pal :clap:

There's no doubt that we won the league at a canter last season, but let's be honest, it was a shit league, and we had about three decent performances all season (maybe 4 before you get your Robbie undercrackers in a twist), the style of play is honking to watch, and we have a much better squad of players than people give us credit for, but Neilson is never a manager in a hundred years, I hope he proves me wrong, but feel free to bookmark this post if you like pal.