***Official Stirling Albion v Heart of Midlothian match thread***

August Landmesser

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

:silviodamn::hartley:

Hahahahaha easily done, 5:15pm on a Sunday will never catch on . . . Hopefully 🤞

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Bongo 1874

• Gambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Silvery_Moon
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha easily done, 5:15pm on a Sunday will never catch on . . . Hopefully 🤞

Absolutely. Never a fan of Sunday games. Hopefully we get the job done though. I'm sure we will. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Absolutely. Never a fan of Sunday games. Hopefully we get the job done though. I'm sure we will. 

Definitely. 

davemclaren
39 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I remember one season ( or maybe more ) when televised league games kicked off at 18:05 on a Sunday. Horrific. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I remember one season ( or maybe more ) when televised league games kicked off at 18:05 on a Sunday. Horrific. 

I remember leaving one such game 10 minutes into the 2nd half as trains to Dunfermline were only every two hours on a Sunday evening. Rather than waiting till 9.35pm I bailed. We were losing (and lost) 2-0 to Kilmarnock and it was awful. 98/99 season IIRC.

Did anybody see Halliday last night because I know he was on the team sheet so he must of been doing his Mr Invisible act again. I just wish Neilson had the savvy to drop the guy who gets away with hiding during a game.

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, db211833 said:

Grow up, Nheilson ball, absolutely tragic.

:rofl:

Not as tragic as tragic as forking out hard earned readies to be 'entertained' oor Boab's brand of scintilating football.

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Don’t care how we played as didn’t have to watch it.

This has been the default position for a lot of Hearts fans this past couple of years, unfortunately.

11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Watching Celtic, we should absolutely have a go at them. Wish we were playing them this week as they'll probably make signings before the league game. They've just scored but their defence is Ralston, Welsh, Bitton and Taylor, with a fairly dodgy looking goalie in behind. Their new winger and Edouard will be a threat but they look awful at the back and very lightweight in centre mid.

Vast majority of Hearts fans thought the same before the cup final.

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

We won't know what's required in the top tier until we start playing the other teams.

:rofl:

You're unwavering commitment is a welcome antidote to the ne'er do wells, Toque, but that's a ridiculous statement.

We were a top tier club up until very recently, so you would hope that we know what's required to compete there.  🤷‍♂️

If only football clubs employed a team of highly paid professionals to gather intelligence, assess the oposition, and ensure that the club was prepared for all eventualities over coming season. It'll never catch on.

:interehjrling:

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Vast majority of Hearts fans thought the same before the cup final.

Neilson will play for a 2-0 loss and claim it as some sort of victory because other teams will lose by more to them this season...

10 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Worth pointing out that a 2-0 win will guarantee one of the 3 seeded positions in the net round.

RustyRightPeg

Another professional job done last night. Looking forward to Saturday again on the tv with a slightly increased crowd. 

Fingers crossed a couple of faces in by then just to keep everyone honest a pre season is drawing to a close. 

Onward and upward. 

31 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Neilson will play for a 2-0 loss and claim it as some sort of victory because other teams will lose by more to them this season...

giphy.gif

Just like he did in the cup final against them?

It is amazing that some on here let their seethe loose and slaver nonsense like you have.

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Another professional job done last night. Looking forward to Saturday again on the tv with a slightly increased crowd. 

Fingers crossed a couple of faces in by then just to keep everyone honest a pre season is drawing to a close. 

Onward and upward. 

Sunday. 

4 minutes ago, Boof said:

Any match highlights - or even just the goals - available anywhere?

There was on facebook earlier.  Probably twitter if you search.

Niemi’s gloves
54 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Worth pointing out that a 2-0 win will guarantee one of the 3 seeded positions in the net round.

I don’t think we can say yet how many goals we’ll need. But given our game is on Sunday and the last one played, we’ll know what’s needed by kick off time.

32 minutes ago, frankblack said:

giphy.gif

It is amazing that some on here let their seethe loose and slaver nonsense like you have.

Whilst we didn't lose 2-0, He shat himself in the final.....gave up a whole 45mins.

Niemi’s gloves
37 minutes ago, frankblack said:

giphy.gif

Yup. The hard core Neilson haters seemed to have crawled out from under the woodwork on this thread today. 

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Whilst we didn't lose 2-0, He shat himself in the final.....gave up a whole 45mins.

Horse shit. Any other support would be applauding a remarkable comeback against the current champions, not our wind bags. FFS.

RustyRightPeg
49 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sunday. 

Yep would’ve been a right laugh if I turned up at Tynie on Saturday. What a plum I am. 

23 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Horse shit. Any other support would be applauding a remarkable comeback against the current champions, not our wind bags. FFS.

:spoton:

12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yep would’ve been a right laugh if I turned up at Tynie on Saturday. What a plum I am. 

🤣🤣 do it anyway just to beat the queues 

27 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Indeed

avhudtheteeshirt
41 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Looked to me like the score should have been 0-3, the ball was well over the line at 0-1????

A_A wehatethehibs
14 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Neilson inspires a heroic half time fightback after 2 huge slices of bad luck cost us a 2-0 deficit first half, "aye but he shat it first half" you people are insufferable. 

4 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Looked to me like the score should have been 0-3, the ball was well over the line at 0-1????

Yes I saw that. It looked like Pollock touched it in.

Horatio Caine
6 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Goal line technology would have confirmed that.  I guess it may be some time before it's installed in Stirling!

Looked like John S was offside before hitting his blockbuster from 2 yards. Not sure if the lineman would have picked that up considering he missed the defender clearing from behind the goal line!

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Are folk actually seething about 0-2 away cup wins now?

Yep. Not normal folk though, just the usual small group of attention seeking sadsacks that infest threads on here.

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Are folk actually seething about 0-2 away cup wins now?

Looks like folk are also seething at losing at half time in a cup final that we managed to fight back in and take all the way to penalties - and looked like we were going to win said penalties.

It is a very hard support to please. I guess winning all your LC group games isn't the way to make fans happy.

RustyRightPeg
45 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣 do it anyway just to beat the queues 

Would be as well to with the capacity we’re expecting 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Tbh, we done well  to come back since we're a shite, uninspiring, turgid, slow, sideways team that can't beat plumbers and bakers. 

Given that and Celtic's massive financial clout they should be beating us 10-0 every game. 

Drawing 3-3 under such circumstances must mean the Bobmeister is a tactical mastermind. 

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, 151 said:

Looks like folk are also seething at losing at half time in a cup final that we managed to fight back in and take all the way to penalties - and looked like we were going to win said penalties.

It is a very hard support to please. I guess winning all your LC group games isn't the way to make fans happy.

Desperate stuff …

Fair play to them for having the audacity to be negative after 3 League Cup wins and 3 clean sheets!

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Should have been 3-0! The ball was over the line from Souters back heel. 

Should have been 0-3.

Only seen @wavydavy's wee clip but it looked like we played with a lot more pace and vigour. Created chances too, which is encouraging.

0-2, 3-0 and 0-2 Hearts is a very solid start.

Billy Dodds' visit on Sunday may be a great chance to put some gloss on the group stage campaign and set us up nicely for Celtic.

Add a new face or two shortly and I might even smile. 😊

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

giphy.gif

Guessing you missed the first half of that game, or the Alloa League Cup game, or the Brora game... 

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

We all applauded the come back, but does that mean we ignore the first 45mins? FFS

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

We all applauded the come back, but does that mean we ignore the first 45mins? FFS

Exactly, if we had approached the entire game the same as we did the second half onward, we'd have another trophy in our cabinet! 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Neilson inspires a heroic half time fightback after 2 huge slices of bad luck cost us a 2-0 deficit first half, "aye but he shat it first half" you people are insufferable. 

Just go back to that match thread. Bad luck.....we didn't turn up first half ffs.

Scared to say what's bloody in front of you. The worst type of posters imo (but entitled to opinion).

We were shit in first half due to Robbies tactics, he changed it (he bloody had to,) and had a go and it was a lot better and nearly came off, but at end of the day , we gave up 45mins of football and lost, which brings us back to the point I was replying to originally...... Celtic are there to have ago at a week on Friday(like the majority thought b4 the final).....that is from a Neilson can do no wrong supporter.......Will we do it from first whistle or wait 45mins again?

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, we done well  to come back since we're a shite, uninspiring, turgid, slow, sideways team that can't beat plumbers and bakers. 

Given that and Celtic's massive financial clout they should be beating us 10-0 every game. 

Drawing 3-3 under such circumstances must mean the Bobmeister is a tactical mastermind. 

He had chance to be a tactical mastermind, though tbf the average fan had sussed out how to go about that game b4 kick off, but chose to ignore minutes 1-45.

11 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Exactly, if we had approached the entire game the same as we did the second half onward, we'd have another trophy in our cabinet! 

We will never know.

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

We will never know.

You're right, but at that time everyone was beating Celtic, they were very much there for the taking, don't get me wrong we done well to get to pens, but to throw away the entire first half and play like we did was criminal. 

Seems to me that people on here have forgotten all about the 91% polls that wanted Robbie out, that hasn't changed one iota for me, he's very much a weak link in our club, thankfully we appear to be weeding the majority of them out though, let's hope he's one of the next ones. 

For what it's worth, I actually don't think we have a bad squad of players, we could do fine in the league this season under a different manager, I just dread to think what garbage we'll be served up again under Robbie Neilson, especially away from home where he spends all his time worrying about other teams and not letting them worry about us . 

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We will never know.

Correct but that hasn't stopped you and the other Nhielsen boys slavering about it. The facts are we drew with the tims over 120 minutes (yes we lost on the penalty lottery). Anyone saying we would have won if we had attacked in the first half is at it