***Official Stirling Albion v Heart of Midlothian match thread***

August Landmesser

Guest ToqueJambo

2-0 - nat bother. Can the Joy Police tell us if we're allowed to celebrate this one?

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Bongo 1874

• Gambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ToadKiller Dog

When it comes down to it ,I just want to get through these group games with minimum effort and no major injuries ,while not always brilliant we are doing that .

Victory, clean sheet and 2 good goals.

With players we have against that opposition performance imo needs to be better.

Slight worry re Souttar knock at end🙁

coatbridgejambo
Just now, Japan Jambo said:

How are Celtic getting on?

1-1 so far

KyleLafferty

2 goals, clean sheet, 3 points. Dominated the game with some terrific football at times. Armand and pollock looked sharp when they came on. Only disappointment was Haring but he will come good again.

alwaysthereinspirit
11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

2-0 or 3-0 is what many would have predicted, why are there folk moaning? 🤔 

I think your emoji has answered your own question. I can’t even imagine living in their miserable, dark basement dwelling world.

Holy $#!t. 

Definitely thought Gnando gave us some focus and direction when the game had ebbed a bit. 

Solid win away from home, never looked in any danger - job done, I'd say. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Was the same for cochrane. 

No and you know that, but i think considering the size of our club and Stirling we should be well out of sight?. 

Football isn't really like that. Do you watch football?

Saint Jambo

Delighted with another win.

Three games. Three 2-0 wins. Looked extremely comfortable in every one. Part of the trouble with using these games as part of our pre-season training is that the team still play them a bit like that. We get ahead and the intensity isn't quite there to totally destroy teams.

Japan Jambo
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

3 professional performances are the par score for the group and we should do the same to ICT.

I'm no fan of Neilson but there's no point complaining about the fact he is still here when the club has accepted that mediocrity is fine.

If I think back to this time last year we look much more comfortable this go around. Would need to check the scores but my sense was we were scrapping by on a one goal advantage last term, all three of these have been professional.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, coatbridgejambo said:

1-1 so far

Not a bad watch, multi tasking this evening. Look energetic coming forward but flawed all the same 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is 2-0, 3-0, 2-0 (against teams that have tripped us up in July in recent seasons) with our striker scoring in every game, our newish winger back on form, and a 17 year old stepping up mediocrity or a promising start to the season?

Keep this narrative to yourself. 

Coming on here. Trying to be positive. Behave. You’re at it!!

😁

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Three games. Three 2-0 wins. Looked extremely comfortable in every one. Part of the trouble with using these games as part of our pre-season training is that the team still play them a bit like that. We get ahead and the intensity isn't quite there to totally destroy teams.

Was the third goal against Cove chalked off ?

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

erm, we beat cove 3-0

. Mods can we not keep the Robbie out crap to its own thread especially when we are winning comfortably. Robbi oot when we are winning has to be trolling ?

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

2 goals, clean sheet, 3 points. Dominated the game with some terrific football at times. Armand and pollock looked sharp when they came on. Only disappointment was Haring but he will come good again.

I really have my doubts about Haring getting to previous level. 

gowestjambo
10 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I’m getting sick of the negative passing when quite clearly there is a perfectly good forward pass on. It’s complete nonsense we are playing this way. 

Its the Neilson way, We had two enjoyable slick moves which led to goals. The rest was a bore.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Football isn't really like that. Do you watch football?

Is it not 🤔 I must of missed something. 

My apologies. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye and Robbie said the same when he left to go for Mk done, said Hearts supporters big club nah im off just like his mentor. 

Many of us can see warning signs bud but it’s early on in the season. He’s going to get the start of the season at the very least so we may as well accept it and move on. Another comfortable cup win at the end of the day. 

alwaysthereinspirit

Congrats to Our captain. 10 games on the bounce. I’d imagine that record will stand for a wee while. Long May it continue.

0-2 in a League Cup tie at a lower league club is pretty normal for Hearts.

Stern critic of Neilson but there's been nothing to moan about so far.

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Won one 3 nil . 😎

avhudtheteeshirt

Another game, another clean sheet and a 0-2 victory.

You can only play the opposition you are drawn against in cups.

Keep it up and who knows where we could get to?

Its a pity some supposed fans can't see past last seasons bad results, but, I suppose its their loss!!!!

Another clean sheet and Gordon extends the record

Steady performance, never in trouble but we know there is room for a couple of new signings to improve the first 11

This competition has allowed us to look more closely at  some young players and signs are good on that front

I'd like to see us go with 2 up front at the weekend and Henderson starting as he's not a solo striker but has potential to work well in a pair

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I think your emoji has answered your own question. I can’t even imagine living in their miserable, dark basement dwelling world.

Holy $#!t. 

Poor lambs. They've been sharpening their pencils all summer and haven't had a chance to use them yet. Just a half-hearted attempt from some to make out a pre-season friendly defeat to Sunderland is incredibly significant.

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry worry about you're profile picture more macho man 😂😂 have a good night mate 😂🎣

You are a strange and quite worrying character really arent ya. Imagine going to look at someones avatar then making personal comments about it 🙈🙈

:pleasing:another 2-0 for the bobmeister! Slowly turning the hmfc boat around, nah in all seriousness, it's job done next!

Silvery_Moon

Winning the group with a game to spare so credit where due. 

Hope we go for a big win on Saturday now to secure a seeded spot in the next round. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Is it not 🤔 I must of missed something. 

My apologies. 

If it was as simple as that Celtic and Rangers should both beat us 5-0 every time we play them.

Not sure the players were up for it tonight - just wanted to do enough, which they did.   Can't read too much into it - will judge them based on the ko games and the PL.     Some nice touches but overall,  players played well within themselves.  Well don Pollock for his 1st goal,  and Boyce's goal was very well worked too.

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Many of us can see warning signs bud but it’s early on in the season. He’s going to get the start of the season at the very least so we may as well accept it and move on. Another comfortable cup win at the end of the day. 

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

You are a strange and quite worrying character really arent ya. Imagine going to look at someones avatar then making personal comments about it 🙈🙈

Imagine engaging a poster that if you don't like them, you still quote them and try to reign authority over them for having a different opinion to you,  

3 minutes ago, micole said:

I agree, Neilson should have been gone after Brora however that did not happen so we just have to get on with it and support the team.HHGH!!.

That's exactly where I'm at. He should have been emptied after that game. His sacking would've been justified. But he wasn't. So what are you going to do? At this moment in time,  at the start of a new season?......Either back the team or GTF. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Annoyed he's brought on Jamie "cannae be arsed" Walker (watch him score a peach now I've said that) 2-0 up all over them, give a young laddie a chance instead. Was really impressed with Conor Smith on Saturday and think he has a role to play.

Henderson would’ve been a better choice. Try and get him a goal for his confidence. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If you say so mate, but i won't make out like we were brilliant 😂

33 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Stella is done for the evening.

Aw, the poor soul, never mind, there'll be other evenings. 😉 Hope you enjoyed you evening in the garden Jonno.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Keep this narrative to yourself. 

Coming on here. Trying to be positive. Behave. You’re at it!!

😁

Sorry, got carried away. I know effusive language like "promising" will trigger some.

1 minute ago, bistokid said:

Souttar ok? 

Was wondering the same - looked like he picked up some kind off tweak or niggle with the last challenge of the match.  Hope he's okay - would hate to see our defence without him and before any new signings,  would give me the fear.

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I really have my doubts about Haring getting to previous level. 

Same , he just does not look anywhere near the player he was .

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If it was as simple as that Celtic and Rangers should both beat us 5-0 every time we play them.

What like they have done before?. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Poor lambs. They've been sharpening their pencils all summer and haven't had a chance to use them yet. Just a half-hearted attempt from some to make out a pre-season friendly defeat to Sunderland is incredibly significant.

It’s the first time in a long time I had to turn my phone off. That thread was one of the most embarrassing I’d seen grown men and woman frothing over a makeshift team losing a friendly. Pretty sure we lost 3-1 to Queen of the South few years back. Never saw the level of froth as I’d seen on Saturday. This place is rotten just now. I love a good moan during the game thread, just how I am. But I’ll always support my club and see the result of a win as a positive. Some just can’t grasp that