Foxlake team building

TyphoonJambo

TyphoonJambo

There's a good video in HTV of the guys getting away for a team building trip. Looks like everyone had a great time but the bit that sticks out for me is when ,amongst everyone fannying about acting like kids, there a shot of Craig Gordon  walking imperiously across shot,looking all handsome and manly with a look on his face saying "**** that,I'm not lowering myself"

Looks like they had fun.

Edited by TypoonJambo

59 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

There's a good video in HTV of the guys getting away for a team building trip. Looks like everyone had a great time but the bit that sticks out for me is when ,amongst everyone fannying about acting like kids, there a shot of Craig Gordon  walking imperiously across shot,looking all handsome and manly with a look on his face saying "**** that,I'm not lowering myself"

Looks like they had fun.

Had the kids there couple of weeks ago and I was very very not up for it! Me in a wetsuit? Eff off!

But it was actually brilliant.

Hope no injuries falling in!!

Anyone who knows about these things think the club's insurers might be having a wee word if they see this or is it only really extreme stuff like skydiving etc. that players are not supposed to do? 

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Had the kids there couple of weeks ago and I was very very not up for it! Me in a wetsuit? Eff off!

But it was actually brilliant.

Hope no injuries falling in!!

There wasn't any 

3 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Anyone who knows about these things think the club's insurers might be having a wee word if they see this or is it only really extreme stuff like skydiving etc. that players are not supposed to do? 

What, doing a thing that any Joe Public could do, with safety equipment and trained professionals on hand at all times, as a team building exercise?

Yeah, they'll be cancelling policies and blacklisting the club as soon as they see this.

9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

What, doing a thing that any Joe Public could do, with safety equipment and trained professionals on hand at all times, as a team building exercise?

Yeah, they'll be cancelling policies and blacklisting the club as soon as they see this.

You'd be amazed the excuses these **** come up with to avoid paying a claim these days.

Leveins Battalion

We get this type of pish from Hearts,we had Levein taking them round Gullane and Stendel taking them Go Karting.🤣

Anything to deflect from the shit we have to watch in the park.

9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We get this type of pish from Hearts,we had Levein taking them round Gullane and Stendel taking them Go Karting.🤣

Massive part of it is camaraderie , last season it was impossible to get the guys bonding. Training was basically the same as what you’d do at amateur training. Sit in the car get out train get in the car go home. Team building things are a good thing imo 

On 19/07/2021 at 12:24, CostaJambo said:

You'd be amazed the excuses these **** come up with to avoid paying a claim these days.

True but insurance companies don't tend to call you up and tell you your not covered before an actual claim.

AlphonseCapone
On 22/07/2021 at 14:21, Leveins Battalion said:

Fun fact, all clubs do these things, even the good ones. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Fun fact, all clubs do these things, even the good ones. 

They used to call this sort of stuff team building. Best bit was the free booze afterwards though.  😄

AlphonseCapone
35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They used to call this sort of stuff team building. Best bit was the free booze afterwards though.  😄

That was obviously back in the glory days Dave, now we build things with lego and get shan coffee at away days.... 

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That was obviously back in the glory days Dave, now we build things with lego and get shan coffee at away days.... 

aye, the old days were great.