Prince Buaben

rudi must stay

3 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Average. 

With Gomis certainty better than our current midfield. Or maybe more effective would be a better way of putting it

Edited by Jamhammer

rudi must stay
Just now, Jamhammer said:

With Gomis certainty better than our current midfield 

It was funny watching those two, they wouldn't pass to anyone else 

Was underwhelmed when he signed as he'd struggled at Carlisle and Patrick but liked the guy when he was here. Beside Gomis he was very good

Good, not had as an enjoyable midfield partnership to watch since. Actually they have gradually got worse signing after singing since, baring 1 or 2. 

PhoenixHearts

Overall good.

Had a handful of sub par performances towards the end of his time here but it was nowhere near as bad as some people would like to believe.

He became a bit of a scapegoat for stuff in that sense.

I distinctly remember Lafferty on one of his lazier, non big game outings failed to control and lost a pretty basic pass from Buaben and a guy behind me was spewing "****sake Bobben".

Quite liked him. Championship season was obviously his best. Still decent after that but by a certain point we had guys like Djoum and Cowie and he was jjst an alright squad player. Quite versatile. I'm sure he played CB a couple times 😅

I thought he was pretty good for us and probably better than anyone we've got in central midfield just now. He's one of those players who I suspect would have been very good if he was surrounded by better players.

August Landmesser
15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Buaben did, quite memorably, pass to Alim once...

lost in space

We let Gomis go and kept Bauben - should have done opposite.

Talented but not as talented as he thought he was.

Better coach could probably got more out of him.

3fingersreid

Thought he was good for us overall , his penalty against hibs as mentioned before but his sublime pass to Ozturk to drift forward and score that screamer at the piggery ( still got the wounds from that celebration) we’re two of his  highlights for me 😉

Diadora Van Basten

I was probably in the minority but thought he was an excellent player. 

Always looked to bring the ball down and play football.

Could play just about any position on the pitch.

We signed umpteen players to replace him but none were better than when Buaben played with Gomes.

Glamorgan Jambo

We won the Championship in 14/15 off the back of a flying start. Gomes and Buaben were absolutely at the heart of that.

So very good for us

Mr Elwood P
40 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Great pass by Prince to Ozturk down Easter Road ….

If you look at the number of central midfielders we've had since, there aren't that many that were better but a fair few who were worse.

I liked him, looked to play football and was outstanding in the 14/15 season.

Probably didn't get the credit he deserved tbf. No world beater but if you look back since Admin, our most solid central mids have probably been Gomis, Bauben, Djoum and Haring. 

Jambof3tornado
29 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

We won the Championship in 14/15 off the back of a flying start. Gomes and Buaben were absolutely at the heart of that.

So very good for us

This.

Loved they way they held the ball to draw players in then passed it round them.

Did a really good turn for us but he left at the right time imo 

I still believe that we gave up on Gomis far too early, think he got about six months in the top flight and whilst he’d started poorly I don’t think we brought in any improvements

Edited by BigAlim

Up until he got injured in the Championship season, I thought he was one of our best players.

Prince and Gomez in midfield were an excellent pairing.

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I was probably in the minority but thought he was an excellent player. 

Always looked to bring the ball down and play football.

Could play just about any position on the pitch.

We signed umpteen players to replace him but none were better than when Buaben played with Gomes.

Yip I think the minority is growing

Slow, caught on the ball, never gave as much effort and heart as Gomis. 

Championship season good, always found it strange we kept Bauben over Gomis. 

When it was clear for everyone to see Gomis put in twice the shift as Prince did. 

David McCaig

Average is the best description.

One of those midfielders who doesn't score and doesn't create despite supposedly being attack minded.

heartsfc_fan

I liked him but he started to struggle with the pace of the game. Caught out quite a lot dallying in the ball.

Surprised he hasn't had much game time since he left us. A handful for Falkirk and a handful for some Romanian club.

jambo-in-furness

That season in the championship,  when we all came together as one,  was memorable,  and Prince Bauben more than played his part,  on  our first visit that season to Palmerston he was the best player on the park,  a lot better than many Hearts fans gave him credit for,  strong and never gave up was how I remember him.   I wish we had someone with his qualities now.

HillmanHearts
3 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Did a really good turn for us but he left at the right time imo 

I still believe that we gave up on Gomis far too early, think he got about six months in the top flight and whilst he’d started poorly I don’t think we brought in any improvements

100% agree on Gomis.

Weirdly Undervalued by Robbie ( or Levein ).

Never really replaced him.

Djoum was a total class act - but brought different stengths - and sometimes couldn’t be ersed.

He was excellent in the Championship and became a great squad player for us.

He fell behind Djoum, Perry and Cowie in the pecking order after they came in but never once complained. Did what was needed, when it was needed, played wherever he was needed and put in the effort.

Got a bit grief from some fans towards the end a at times too which I felt was a bit harsh because it tended to be for mistakes when he was playing out of position.

RustyRightPeg

I thought he was a fantastic player for us and got a tough time. Yes he was limited, but he was very successful in his time here.

He had a great understanding with Gomis, who admittedly did most of his running for him, but he was neat and tidy on the ball. Plus he had a great penalty celebration.

He could easily misplace a 5 yard pass or fail to control a simple ball to feet.  Despite that he was good for us.  Got about the pitch and could do everything required of a midfielder to a good standard.  

Loved his weird celebrations

Prince was decent, probably a 6 out of 10 type player most weeks, he was effective and did a job for us without really standing out imo.

I've been on Kickback for about 12 years, in that time I've seen so many players get completely lambasted every week. A few years later these players always seem to become almost unanimously praised. 

Mad what the mind can do

Pasquale for King

Was good in the Championship, don’t forget the season we got relegated he couldn’t get a game for Partick. 
He wanted a bit too much time on tje ball in the centre of midfield, did ok on the right where he had more time and helped Paterson our defensively. 
His last season he would tire after 60 minutes, make a stupid challenge and get booked and subbed. Did ok at CH too. Good servant, great guy. 

jimlaurie11

Was turning in decent shifts in defence before he left, was disappointed it wasn’t further developed. 
He definitely had a good pedigree starting at Ajax, plenty of players in that league move position over their career to suit their age, could’ve been interesting to see what happened.