When will we find out capacity?

MaskedMarauder

The Treasurer
5 hours ago, cheetah said:

I also get an email and a text to confirm my result, been doing this for a year now twice a week and always got an email and text. I think it's odd that others don't get confirmation. 🤨

Yes. Email and text confirmation 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Jambof3tornado

• IveSeenTheLight

• DETTY29

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Remember Celtic nearly had an incident with crushing.

CP isn't anything like as open as Ibrox so there could be some fun and games of Rangers got more with Ibrix being a lower capacity.

This is it. I haven't been at Parkhead since the 98 Cup Final, but what struck me was how narrow and cramped the stairways and corridors were. The circulation spaces around Tynecastle are considerably greater. If Tynecastle is properly stewarded and people are sensible when leaving, as I'm sure most would be under the current circumstances, I would imagine that we could hold 8,000 fairly safely.     

On 18/07/2021 at 11:27, JimmyCant said:

The SPFL have nothing to do with capacity. Nor can they dictate on away fans ATM.

You do realise I was joking?

Auldbenches
51 minutes ago, JCR said:

I was at the Scotland v Ireland game at Celtic in 2014 and the passages in the main stand are still very narrow 

I was behind the dugout for our league cup game against them the last time we were in tbe championship and the passages in the main stand are ridiculously small.   Was really surprised how basic the facilities are there.  The passages are the size of a hallway in a house. 

Auldbenches
32 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

You do realise I was joking?

It's amazing how some have pounced on your post as a dig at the club.  It was obviously a dig at Celtic getting their own way.   

MaskedMarauder

Council have allowed an additional 2700 fans, taking it up to 4700 for Hibs on Thursday. We can expect similar for ICT & Celtic 

IveSeenTheLight
5 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Main stand ?

The one where the players come out from.

You can access the players changing rooms, referees, management offices etc from anywhere in the stand so understandably they segregate for the game related staff, players and ref.

Saint Jambo

Because I was bored I had a look to see what other 'bigger' teams with home league cup games were doing. They all seem to be very coy about how many tickets they are selling. It will be interesting to keep an eye on attendances reported.

Even with reduced capacity, teams like Killie, Hamilton and Livi are struggling to sell out. Some teams are selling to away fans.

Partick Thistle maybe the most interesting. They are allowing groups of up to 15 who purchase tickets in a single transaction to sit together without physical distancing within the group, but a 1m gap (2 seats) between groups. That is in line with the maximum group size allowed under Scottish Government guidance but most clubs seem to be opting for a more conservative approach. For Partick, no lateral flow test, but you need to arrive in an allocated time slot and complete a covid questionnaire.

InternationalJambo

Rangers fans allowed 17,000 in for the opening game against Livingston. Wonder where that’ll leave us..

1 hour ago, InternationalJambo said:

Rangers fans allowed 17,000 in for the opening game against Livingston. Wonder where that’ll leave us..

With that announcement, it feels like 6,500 is probably the most we can expect.

davemclaren
17 hours ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Council have allowed an additional 2700 fans, taking it up to 4700 for Hibs on Thursday. We can expect similar for ICT & Celtic 

I think our circulating areas and toilets are larger than Easter road.  Might help us a bit. 

IveSeenTheLight
11 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Because I was bored I had a look to see what other 'bigger' teams with home league cup games were doing. They all seem to be very coy about how many tickets they are selling. It will be interesting to keep an eye on attendances reported.

Even with reduced capacity, teams like Killie, Hamilton and Livi are struggling to sell out. Some teams are selling to away fans.

Partick Thistle maybe the most interesting. They are allowing groups of up to 15 who purchase tickets in a single transaction to sit together without physical distancing within the group, but a 1m gap (2 seats) between groups. That is in line with the maximum group size allowed under Scottish Government guidance but most clubs seem to be opting for a more conservative approach. For Partick, no lateral flow test, but you need to arrive in an allocated time slot and complete a covid questionnaire.

For the Aberdeen game on Thursday, the seating was set up in varying group sizes 1-4. It meant a bit of a ticketing farce as it was not simple to select which quantity you were looking for and then see the availability. The allocation is now fully sold out (5665).

Not sure yet if there is a different set of rules between the European games and the League games.

If you were allowed up to 15 seats together, it should allow far more allocation.

Pasquale for King

Rangers allowed 17k for home game on 31st of July, 3rd of capacity should see us around 6.5k. Hope we don’t allow away fans. Full crowds by 10th of August apparently. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Rangers allowed 17k for home game on 31st of July, 3rd of capacity should see us around 6.5k. Hope we don’t allow away fans. Full crowds by 10th of August apparently. 

I wouldn’t rule out full crowds having their own conditions- negative tests or Covid vaccine passports

Japan Jambo
On 19/07/2021 at 15:01, Jambof3tornado said:

If celtic get approval for 9000 I wonder how they will organise things when 17000 fans turn up with printed at home tickets!!

Karma is a bitch!!

Dagger Is Back
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I wouldn’t rule out full crowds having their own conditions- negative tests or Covid vaccine passports

Nail on head if media reports are to be believed. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Definitely, I should get onto the NHS and get my card. Can’t say I fancy doing a test though, my wife has some I could use. 
The club making couples sit apart at games maybe show we will err on the side of caution though. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, I should get onto the NHS and get my card. Can’t say I fancy doing a test though, my wife has some I could use. 
The club making couples sit apart at games maybe show we will err on the side of caution though. 

Are they giving some sort of certificate out at the NHS if you wanted to have one to say you have been double jabbed. ?

Pasquale for King
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Are they giving some sort of certificate out at the NHS if you wanted to have one to say you have been double jabbed. ?

Yeah if you have your letter there’s a number on it you can use to email and get one I think. 
https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Nice once, thanks mate. 👍

No probs, a few of us might well

need it and it takes two weeks to come 🙈

Ainsley Harriott
On 18/07/2021 at 09:54, Gershwin said:

I'm half expecting them to allow 4k Celtic fans to attend.

That will keep the Celtic fans on here happy

Robbo-Jambo
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Aye noticed the two week wait. Cheers. 

18 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

That will keep the Celtic fans on here happy

There are none, unless you know better ?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

There are none, unless you know better ?

There’s a few that think I’ve you don’t love the Queen, Butchers Apron and Boris then you are a Celtic fan. 

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Might be different up here, probably lower, maybe 10k. Don’t fancy doing the test 🙈🤮

You get used to it after a couple of attempts. 😄

38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If done online you can immediately print out you vac record certificate. Did this today in case required as you say. 

heartsfc_fan

3,023 fans allowed at Hearts v Inverness.

Awfully random figure. How did the Council work that out?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

If done online you can immediately print out you vac record certificate. Did this today in case required as you say. 

Cool. Good to know. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Ffs, incompetent *******s 🙈

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You get used to it after a couple of attempts. 😄

Don’t knock til you’ve tried it kind of thing 😱🤔😂?!?!

5 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

🤣🤣🤣 and the methadome is allowed more despite being an absolute cramped concrete maze inside their concourse. 
tells us now at least what to expect against the arse cheek 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

🤣🤣🤣 and the methadome is allowed more despite being an absolute cramped concrete maze inside their concourse. 
tells us now at least what to expect against the arse cheek 

It doesn’t look good for the first league game, the huns are allowed 17k that day 🤔🙈?!?!

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It doesn’t look good for the first league game, the huns are allowed 17k that day 🤔🙈?!?!

suppose they have a bigger ground but ratio wise yeah makes no sense although obviously different local authority. Bizarre that the vermin get 4,700 for Thursday though 🤷🏻‍♂️

Boab Mugabe

Looking forward to supporters of the political party who run the council telling is 3000 for us but 4700 is fine for hibs.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

suppose they have a bigger ground but ratio wise yeah makes no sense although obviously different local authority. Bizarre that the vermin get 4,700 for Thursday though 🤷🏻‍♂️

Friends in low places 🙈

Pasquale for King
Just now, Boab Mugabe said:

Looking forward to supporters of the political party who run the council telling is 3000 for us but 4700 is fine for hibs.

I can’t get my head around it, sly digs at the SG in the statement doesn’t help. Time to play the game, something we are not very good at it seems. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Boab Mugabe said:

No longer the establishment club. 🤷‍♂️

Hungry hippo

Disappointing but I trust we will be demanding full explanations from the council and will know what is required to get a larger capacity for the Celtic game. I'm confident we will be successful in achieving a higher crowd for that game.

With the Cove and Arsenal games Hearts and Hibs tried different strategies. Hearts had everyone spaced out whereas Hibs allowed groups together and Hibs did an allocated arrival timeslot but we didn't. I wonder if the council preferred Hibs method or if they are maybe getting more just due to it being a European game (which is extremely rare for that lot).

I'm not going to get overly concerned about it.

davemclaren
Just now, Hungry hippo said:

Disappointing but I trust we will be demanding full explanations from the council and will know what is required to get a larger capacity for the Celtic game. I'm confident we will be successful in achieving a higher crowd for that game.

With the Cove and Arsenal games Hearts and Hibs tried different strategies. Hearts had everyone spaced out whereas Hibs allowed groups together and Hibs did an allocated arrival timeslot but we didn't. I wonder if the council preferred Hibs method or if they are maybe getting more just due to it being a European game (which is extremely rare for that lot).

It would certainly be interesting to understand the rationale. 

Nothing surprises me anymore. Not since the voting farce demotion. Seems like a slap after slap to be honest. 
maybe the powers that be should go on a train and see what real crowding is. You could of landed a helicopter in the gaps at the cove game.

Edited by 1971fozzy

Wonder how many actual seats for the fans once the freebies for officials, family and hangers on is taken into account. Probably drop at least 150 off that figure

Saint Jambo
15 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Some weird decision making going on by councils it seems.

That said, if it turns out that we have persisted with proposing spreading out fans regardless of whether they booked together, then it is probably the club to blame. Hopefully they can get better feedback from the Council on what would be required to up the numbers and then do that for the Celtic game.

The Rangers decision seems really weird to me. They have been given for more fans at the league game than the friendlies before it, even though no restrictions will change inbetween time. It seems clear from the Scottish Government guidance that football clubs would be able to make a single application to give them a figure that would apply to all similar events (i.e. football matches) held at that tier.

Edited by Saint Jambo

The Treasurer
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It would certainly be interesting to understand the rationale. 

As I said previously the exits at ER are much more enclosed than Tynecastle making any sort of distancing impossible.