pubs in edinburgh

milky_26

for those who are in edinburgh

what is the situation in edinburgh in relation to pubs? do you need to still book tables for groups or is it fine to find pubs with space? i ask as i am on a stag do next weekend in edinburgh but have not been in edinburgh for a while and am not organising the stag do

Robbo-Jambo
12 hours ago, milky_26 said:

what is the situation in edinburgh in relation to pubs? do you need to still book tables for groups or is it fine to find pubs with space? i ask as i am on a stag do next weekend in edinburgh but have not been in edinburgh for a while and am not organising the stag do

As far as I know you don't need to book tables from Monday 19th July and there is no two hour restrictions for each pub.

Still have to wear masks though and the pubs all shut at midnight.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

As far as I know you don't need to book tables from Monday 19th July and there is no two hour restrictions for each pub.

Thats my take on it.

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

To be fair, don't think there was a lot of places even bothering too much about that. Only pub I've been in recently that monitored that was Shakespeare's.

Robbo-Jambo
49 minutes ago, Locky said:

To be fair, don't think there was a lot of places even bothering too much about that. Only pub I've been in recently that monitored that was Shakespeare's.

Aye, true.

Was in a pub in newington ( won't mention by name) but they weren't strict, didn't have to wear a mask to go to the toilet, could order at the bar like normal. Was great.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Only pub I've been in recently that monitored that was Shakespeare's.

You’d think they’d be desperate to keep people as long as possible. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

You’d think they’d be desperate to keep people as long as possible. 

I know there was some landlord on stv news lAst week stating clearly that he would continue with “ safety “ measures once they were lifted . People will vote with their feet ! Great that no booking from tomorrow and then no distancing etc just like before ! Bring it on 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I know there was some landlord on stv news lAst week stating clearly that he would continue with “ safety “ measures once they were lifted . People will vote with their feet ! Great that no booking from tomorrow and then no distancing etc just like before ! Bring it on 

Pubs are closing left right and centre because staff are getting pinged to self-isolate, so I think you will find that doesn't happen and people have a choice of going to some shithole or a decent pub that has safety measures.

the general
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Pubs are closing left right and centre because staff are getting pinged to self-isolate, so I think you will find that doesn't happen and people have a choice of going to some shithole or a decent pub that has safety measures.

Aye every day a few pubs are closing.. Montys the latest

On 18/07/2021 at 20:41, the general said:

As in Montpelliers? Drove up Easter Road a couple of weeks ago and both Tamsons and Iona Bars closed. Smithies in Eyre Place been closed for a while now too.

Pasquale for King
On 18/07/2021 at 01:13, milky_26 said:

Two hour time slots and booking a table were only ever advice not a law as such. 
As you’re a stag do you may well struggle to get in as a group, it’s 10 folk from 4 households as off yesterday. Maybe better to book in as two groups in advance. 

the general
8 hours ago, JWL said:

As in Montpelliers? Drove up Easter Road a couple of weeks ago and both Tamsons and Iona Bars closed. Smithies in Eyre Place been closed for a while now too.

Just temporary closed as per being pinged

Montys as was carter's in Morrison Street

Fxxx the SPFL
9 hours ago, JWL said:

Smithies is being turned into flats jambo family sold up they made that decision before covid

On 18/07/2021 at 20:41, the general said:

Say it ain’t so.

🙁

11 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Smithies is being turned into flats jambo family sold up they made that decision before covid

Used to go quite regularly when my dad was alive. Yeah, think Lyndsay just took the decision to retire.

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, JWL said:

Used to go quite regularly when my dad was alive. Yeah, think Lyndsay just took the decision to retire.

yeah they were used to see the son in The Ardmillan or Tynie Arms before games shame nice boozer Jimmy Sandison used to frequent it every Sunday

The Real Maroonblood
21 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

Having to put a mask on to go for a lag. Who the actual donald duck makes up that utter nonsense?

:rofl: