Zak Rudden 2

5-1Jambo

I am still ranting about this lad. Came on mid week as a sub scored after 7 minutes. Scored again today. How many Scottish strikers, in the past 3 years, have a better goals per minutes played ratio? 

PS I don't have the answer but doubt there will be many better. 

Really think we need to make a move for this laddie. He’s going to go from strength to strength. If we get in now, I think we beat the boat, but if not then we’ll miss the boat. Partick probably can’t ask for loads for him yet either

TyphoonJambo

And a Jambo I believe!  His uncle definitely is.

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

And a Jambo I believe!  His uncle definitely is.

He is a blue nose, mum's a Hibby but his uncle and Grandad are massive Jambos. His grandad was on Hearts books back in the day. 

Ainsley Harriott

Young goal scoring talent with potential to move on for a big profit. No chance we will be intrested 

Mr Brightside

Seems like one to watch.

Though there is a fine line between a Gavin Riley and a Lawrence Shankland and this would still be a gamble.

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

Seems like one to watch.

Though there is a fine line between a Gavin Riley and a Lawrence Shankland and this would still be a gamble.

A relatively inexpensive one I'd think

10 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

I am still ranting about this lad. Came on mid week as a sub scored after 7 minutes. Scored again today. How many Scottish strikers, in the past 3 years, have a better goals per minutes played ratio? 

From your post I'm assuming you've seen him play ?

How is his overall game ?

Alright Zak, hows it going? 

Auld Reekin'

Zap Rudden or gtf...   :muggy:

Seymour M Hersh

Seems to me you're raving about him not ranting. 

StevenNaismith

I’ve been to games to watch other players that he’s been involved in over the last 3 years or so and he’s usually the standout player on the pitch. He’s a very clever player and makes good decisions with and without the ball. He would be a very sensible signing in my humble opinion.

3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’ve been to games to watch other players that he’s been involved in over the last 3 years or so and he’s usually the standout player on the pitch. He’s a very clever player and makes good decisions with and without the ball. He would be a very sensible signing in my humble opinion.

Just said on transfer thread we need to sign first picks ina couple of positions but at CF it's more of a young guy with potential to backup boycie. This lad sounds in that camp

Салатные палочки
42 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Zap Rudden or gtf...   :muggy:

:laugh:

Ibrahim Tall

Rangers have a buy back clause on him apparently so it’s pretty debatable how ‘available’ he is to be honest. Any low fee we’d be willing to pay it’d probably be in their interests to pay to just in case.

3 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

So you've seen him play and was impressed . Worth knowing

I'm always a little baffled by the ones who are impressed by a player without seeing them play 

Rudden certainly sounds an interesting project !

Does rangers buy back clause make him more expensive ?

TyphoonJambo
4 hours ago, Shanks said:

Alright Zak, hows it going? 

I can categorically confirm that this poster is neither an athlete nor a football player. Them days are long gone.😀. He is however correct the boy Rudden has talent.

5 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Just wondering why he's at Partick and not back at Rangers or elsewhere.

TyphoonJambo
58 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Just wondering why he's at Partick and not back at Rangers or elsewhere.

He had a bad injury,I believe, and only started getting back into games second half of last season but immediately started banging them in. Not sure whether the rangers still have a call back clause. 

HillmanHearts

Never seen him but looking at his stats, he scores goals.

His manager at Falkirk ( Mackinnon ) was absolutely full of praise for his attitude and ability.

As big O said we want quality additions and first team starters for CB and CM but a promising, hungry youngster up top would seem to be a good shout.

4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I can categorically confirm that this poster is neither an athlete nor a football player. Them days are long gone.😀. He is however correct the boy Rudden has talent.

He certainly seems to know him personally .

Still don't know if he has watched him actually play ?

15 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Any relation to the Ruddens from Clerry?

Nope. His family are from... Wait for it... Leith. 

11 hours ago, johnthomas said:

He certainly seems to know him personally .

Still don't know if he has watched him actually play ?

Hey I resemble that comment. 

21 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Robbie wants another forward option. Would be silly to overlook the laddie and his clear potential. 

Really would like to see us make a move for him since I reckon this is our chance before English clubs get interested and it’s too difficult to get a deal done. 

1 hour ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Hey I resemble that comment. 

You may well do !

Have you seen the boy play ?

Genuinely interested to hear informed opinions

8 hours ago, johnthomas said:

You may well do !

Have you seen the boy play ?

Genuinely interested to hear informed opinions

I haven't seen him in the last 2 years as I now live in Portugal but seen him when he was younger and on video (Jags and Falkirk telly). I know his uncle and Grandad very well and they go to most of his games. His grandad Rab(ex Hearts) drove him to most of his training sessions as a young boy. Rab and his son Keith certainly keep Zaks feet on the ground by letting him know where he needs to improve. As I have said before Steven Gerrard (a better judge than me) really rated the kid and included him on the first teams pre season european training camp. Unfortunately Zak got a bad injury which he didn't fully get back from till near the end of last season by then Rangers had let him go and he signed for Partick and started scoring right away. He had been on loan at Falkirk while still at Rangers and won their player and players player of the year and he had only played half the season for them. 

He is still a bit raw but is a quick learner and hungry for goals. 

Spoke to my Jags buddy out here and he rates him  also impressed by Harry Stone says good at coming for crosses.

35 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

I haven't seen him in the last 2 years as I now live in Portugal but seen him when he was younger and on video (Jags and Falkirk telly). I know his uncle and Grandad very well and they go to most of his games. His grandad Rab(ex Hearts) drove him to most of his training sessions as a young boy. Rab and his son Keith certainly keep Zaks feet on the ground by letting him know where he needs to improve. As I have said before Steven Gerrard (a better judge than me) really rated the kid and included him on the first teams pre season european training camp. Unfortunately Zak got a bad injury which he didn't fully get back from till near the end of last season by then Rangers had let him go and he signed for Partick and started scoring right away. He had been on loan at Falkirk while still at Rangers and won their player and players player of the year and he had only played half the season for them. 

He is still a bit raw but is a quick learner and hungry for goals. 

Thanks for that 

Certainly appears to be potential

4 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Thanks for that 

Certainly appears to be potential

We have taken bigger punts on older players with less potential. To be honest I think we will lose out on him to bigger clubs. I noticed someone on Kickback said Rangers had first dibs on him. Nothing I am aware of but if that is the case I think Gerrard will get him back and Partick will get a few quid for looking after him. 

Hungry hippo

I have never watched Rudden so no idea of his quality but interestingly I vaguely remember we had a similar thread about GMS when he was at Airdrie.

On 18/07/2021 at 01:09, 5-1Jambo said:

Rangers ain't interested in him, if we want him we would get him 👍

No doubt the hearts recruitment dept are ignoring this lad….and don’t have him in their radar….

Edited by Jim Panzee

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I reckon if Partick Thistle done a shite some Hearts fans would want to frame it.

Strange , some of your posts seemed almost sensible yesterday .

Medication problems ?

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I reckon if Partick Thistle done a shite some Hearts fans would want to frame it.

Think you will find I mentioned him before he signed for Partick.