Streaming service for ST holders

Francis Albert

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

#heartsSTholdersareinnoncent

And Hearts TV subscribers certainly are!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• davemclaren

• Jambo-Fox

• upgotheheads

scw98heartsfc
49 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What does "please register with different details" actually mean?

And remember this was the corrected version of the instructions. The first said existing Hearts TV subscribers did not have to register at all.

The attempt to excuse this shambles and blame us is pathetic.

Well I managed to work it out all by myself that I had to use a different email address. (took me a whole 2 mins to create a new address)

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, scw98heartsfc said:

Well I managed to work it out all by myself that I had to use a different email address. (took me a whole 2 mins to create a new address)

Well good for you. Did you try with the original uncorrected 

instructions? Even in the "simple" instructions you quote the last paragraph, a hangover from the original version, implies there is a choice between registering and submitting your code without registering.

But maybe you are right and we should have had no problem. But the fact that many did struggle and waste time is evidence of a major fail by the club in process and communication.

But hey as someone responded to the OP it was no more complicated than the previous arrangement! Maybe we have just got stupider. Long Covid symptom maybe?

Jambof3tornado

I just logged into the heartspass from last season and clicked on my name and cut and paste the new code and hey presto.

No idea what the use new details pish was all about.

Francis Albert
27 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I just logged into the heartspass from last season and clicked on my name and cut and paste the new code and hey presto.

No idea what the use new details pish was all about.

What did you log in to exactly?

And do you mean you registered your season ticket code?

Edited by Francis Albert

Jambof3tornado
31 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What did you log in to exactly?

And do you mean you registered your season ticket code?

The site that we used for games last season. Www.heartsfcpass.com used my log in from last season clicked on my account and hit redeem code. 

Watched the game on a hookie firestick but checked my phone several times and the match was there.

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

The next fixture is Tuesday away to Stirling Albion which might be available from SA but the next home Home fixture v ICT, Sunday 25th, looks like a Premier Sports job and won't be available on Hearts TV anyway. That means Hearts have got the best part of 2 weeks to sort out a system that's (A) easy to access, (B) one that the fans can understand, (C) doesn't have to involve the input of crazy passwords/ID's involving indecipherable I's and L's and upper/lower case random combinations of numbers and letters.

And add simple directions to the appropriate site.

Add (D) doesn't require existing Hearts TV subscribers to use a different email address(and other details?) to create a different Hearts TV account to access streaming.

But hey it is no more complicated than last season according to our uber-fans so maybe they won't bother.

Francis Albert
17 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The site that we used for games last season. Www.heartsfcpass.com used my log in from last season clicked on my account and hit redeem code. 

Watched the game on a hookie firestick but checked my phone several times and the match was there.

Sounds like a simple solution!

3 hours ago, scw98heartsfc said:

Just how difficult is it to follow some simple instructions... 

Go to the Hearts TV home page by visiting https://heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk/ - this is the only site to register your details

·      Click on the REGISTER button on the top right of the page. If you already have an active Hearts TV account then please register with different details.

·      Complete the register form with your details, along with the marketing section and agree to the terms and conditions.

·      Once completed press Register. You will be taken back to the Hearts TV homepage.

·      To redeem your season ticket code, click on your username on the top right of the page and select Account settings from the dropdown.

·      Once in Account Settings, click REDEEM SEASON TICKET CODE on the left-hand side of the page.

·      Manually type the unique code that was emailed to you (copying and pasting can often include hidden spaces) and click Redeem. Please note the code is case sensitive so type it exactly as it appears in the email.

·      You are now registered.

Supporters are encouraged to complete their registration and/or redeem their season ticket code as soon as possible and well in advance of Saturday’s game in order to prevent any issues on the day of the game.

If supporters experience any difficulties then please email [email protected]

All very simple really... Honestly guys, have word with yourselves... You can to log and post on here, so your not stupid when it comes to the Internet. 

The Instructions are perfect if they work. I can assure you they never worked for me.

Everything worked perfectly until I had to manually type in the unique code. I then tried copying and pasting the unique code, still didn't accept it. It wasn't until I logged out and back in again did it accept the previously copied code.  No logic to it.

Edited by Nobreath

4 hours ago, 1953 said:

This is in the instructions, it says not to cut and paste.

Manually type the unique code that was emailed to you (copying and pasting can often include hidden spaces) and click Redeem. Please note the code is case sensitive so type it exactly as it appears in the email.

I followed the instructions to the letter and didn't cut and paste and got knocked back numerous times yesterday. 

Today I decided to copy and paste

and it now says my ST voucher has been redeemed. 

Pity I didn't ignore their instructions yesterday. At least I should be able to log in to the league matches now if needed. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Sounds like a simple solution!

It worked.......whether it continues to gives me the fear!!!

Lol

58 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I followed the instructions to the letter and didn't cut and paste and got knocked back numerous times yesterday. 

Today I decided to copy and paste

and it now says my ST voucher has been redeemed. 

Pity I didn't ignore their instructions yesterday. At least I should be able to log in to the league matches now if needed. 

I though a I was a capital i but turned out it was a small L. I’m a bit shit at this kind of stuff but it did mean my code wasn’t recognised until I sussed it. 

On 17/07/2021 at 13:57, scott herbertson said:

In an endless loop of recovering my username, resetting the password, then getting an 'invalid credentials' message when I use the new password.. I feel a dodgy stream moment coming on

I had the same problem, got given some weird user names - changed password as instructed, still didn't get in. The thought stuff the instructions, went back to the way logged in last season, and found the box for the code. Missed all of the first half, mind you if it was anything like the first half, I didn't miss anything. - Can we have the Euros again!

Holyroodjambo
41 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I though a I was a capital i but turned out it was a small L. I’m a bit shit at this kind of stuff but it did mean my code wasn’t recognised until I sussed it. 

Well spotted, all sorted with mine now thanks to this.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Add (D) doesn't require existing Hearts TV subscribers to use a different email address(and other details?) to create a different Hearts TV account to access streaming.

But hey it is no more complicated than last season according to our uber-fans so maybe they won't bother.

WE never needed to use a new e-mail address last season and I object to having to do so.  I'm in courtesy of a helpful person at Heart TV, but really Hearts have got to sort this out.

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, chrystaf said:

WE never needed to use a new e-mail address last season and I object to having to do so.  I'm in courtesy of a helpful person at Heart TV, but really Hearts have got to sort this out.

I got some useful help too. It seems there were folk at Hearts doing their best, but I have noticed over the years that when it comes to IT there are people out there who can't bring themselves to see it from the point of view of the average customer.

We are mostly computer users not computer experts or obsessives. 

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I got some useful help too. It seems there were folk at Hearts doing their best, but I have noticed over the years that when it comes to IT there are people out there who can't bring themselves to see it from the point of view of the average customer.

We are mostly computer users not computer experts or obsessives. 

Spot on. The help email contacts were great and instantly understood the problem  with the original instructions for Hearts TV subscribers and alerted to me the need to set up a separate Hearts TV account with a different email adress. The ticket office seems to also have done a great job indealing with missing emails on the instructions.

The phrase lions lead by donkeys springs to mind

upgotheheads
15 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Spot on. The help email contacts were great and instantly understood the problem  with the original instructions for Hearts TV subscribers and alerted to me the need to set up a separate Hearts TV account with a different email adress. The ticket office seems to also have done a great job indealing with missing emails on the instructions.

The phrase lions lead by donkeys springs to mind

So are we going to need a second email address?

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

If you have an active Hearts TV subscription, as things stand, yes.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

If you already have a Hearts TV account that’s the easiest ‘solution’ available at the moment. 

I redeemed my code, but could only get the game on my phone which was the device I used to redeem the code. I couldn't get the game on my laptop or TV. Do I have to redeem the code on all of the devices I might use

18 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I think that's what I must have been doing. 😏

I have sent an e mail to the ticket office requesting one of these elusive codes and instructions on how to gain access to live streams of league games this season!

Hopefully a resolution will straight forward and simple!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

41 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I have sent an e mail to the ticket office requesting one of these elusive codes and instructions on how to gain access to live streams of league games this season!

Hopefully a resolution will straight forward and simple!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

🤩 within 11 minutes I got a response! Contains a code & link to redeem it!

Thats what I call;

‘EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE’!!
♥️♥️♥️♥️

upgotheheads

I had this conversation earlier,

Hi. just a few questions regarding season ticket tv coverage for this season.

Is the code I received for the Sunderland game now my access code for the rest of the season?

Will last seasons Matchday Live link continue for games this season, If not could you email me the new Link?
Last year's system was very user friendly and all I had to do each week was select the site and I was in. Will the site operate in the same way this year?
Did my eventual access on Saturday mean that I am now fully registered for this season, If so could you email me my username again for this season?

Regards, 

The answer came back very quickly

That code was just to redeem to confirm that you are a season ticket holder, and as such will have access to live home league games this season.

On matchdays, all you'll need to do is login to HeartsTV:

Your username is:
Edited by upgotheheads

heartsfc_fan

I presume they've changed away from the Heartspass method last season as folk were sharing log ins etc? This way will stop that?

upgotheheads
58 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I presume they've changed away from the Heartspass method last season as folk were sharing log ins etc? This way will stop that?

I used the Matchday Live portal with the name-name-customer number login. Worked a treat but I don't know if that portal will work this season.

Francis Albert
27 minutes ago, been here before said:

I just followed the instructions and it worked.

No intention of watching Hearts TV mind.

Unless you subscribe to Hearts TV and pay for it  you won't be able to. Neither to watch  the usual content which I rarely do nor listen to audio commentary which I do.

The problems seem to have been mainly due to requiring for streaming a direct link to Hearts TV which seems to work unless you have a Hearts TV account when it gets complicated with  a separate email account required for the streaming service.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Maybe. But did they really not consider that people might share log ins? There must have been simpler solution if that was the issue. 

Who knows maybe the club will communicate with us sometime.

been here before
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Unless you subscribe to Hearts TV and pay for it  you won't be able to. Neither to watch  the usual content which I rarely do nor listen to audio commentary which I do.

The problems seem to have been mainly due to requiring for streaming a direct link to Hearts TV which seems to work unless you have a Hearts TV account when it gets complicated with  a separate email account required for the streaming service.

Ok Ive no desire to watch any streamed coverage of games provided by Hearts TV if thats simpler.

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I had this conversation earlier,

Hi. just a few questions regarding season ticket tv coverage for this season.

Is the code I received for the Sunderland game now my access code for the rest of the season?

Will last seasons Matchday Live link continue for games this season, If not could you email me the new Link?
Last year's system was very user friendly and all I had to do each week was select the site and I was in. Will the site operate in the same way this year?
Did my eventual access on Saturday mean that I am now fully registered for this season, If so could you email me my username again for this season?

Regards, 

The answer came back very quickly

That code was just to redeem to confirm that you are a season ticket holder, and as such will have access to live home league games this season.

On matchdays, all you'll need to do is login to HeartsTV:

Your username is:

Presumably if you are an  existing Hearts TV subscriber you log in with new email address and details you had to use to register for streaming.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ok Ive no desire to watch any streamed coverage of games provided by Hearts TV if thats simpler.

That is exactly what you have registered/signed up for if you followed the instructions and it worked! Hearts TV does not  provide streamed coverage of games unless you live overseas. They are for ST holders only until we can get in the ground.

been here before
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

That is exactly what you have registered/signed up for if you followed the instructions and it worked! Hearts TV does not  provide streamed coverage of games unless you live overseas. They are for ST holders only until we can get in the ground.

Righto FA.

upgotheheads
11 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Presumably if you are an  existing Hearts TV subscriber you log in with new email address and details you had to use to register for streaming.

I didn't use a new email address, just my old one. I am a season ticket holder and operating under the current dispensation due to covid restrictions and not being able to get into the ground. I've' never previously been a Hearts TV subscriber, as required to listen or watch from abroad.  

Edited by upgotheheads

The streams thing for this season is a shambles already. You have to register for Hearts TV. You can't use any existing Hearts TV account that you have. And to set up a new one you need to use a different email address. Also, the code you got in your email which was advised as being for accessing the Sunderland stream is the code you need to use to register for the streams, so you better go and fetch that email from your deleted items folder.

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I see Hearts have produced and emailed a clearer description of the streaming process. 

Are you happy now? 😄

portobellojambo1

I gave in and set up a gmail account and email address for myself just so I could at least watch the Celtic game if I miss out on the ballot, I suspect that after that game I may never have to use it again if entry to the stadium becomes an option again shortly.

I held firm and never compromised, using my one and only e mail address!!

Probably helped that I’ve never used Hearts TV!

Watch out for those who want tickets for later in the season only (assuming ongoing or returning crowd restrictions), this a full season ballot (not a one games one). You’ve got to be in it to win! Closing date 26th July!

CA0C20AC-B99A-49C7-A5EC-51587F52800C.jpeg

So if you watched the Sunderland game last week after putting in your unique code that's you sorted for the rest of the season and you just ignore today's email,  that correct?

davemclaren
28 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I held firm and never compromised, using my one and only e mail address!!

Probably helped that I’ve never used Hearts TV!

Watch out for those who want tickets for later in the season only (assuming ongoing or returning crowd restrictions), this a full season ballot (not a one games one). You’ve got to be in it to win! Closing date 26th July!

CA0C20AC-B99A-49C7-A5EC-51587F52800C.jpeg

If you haven’t had HeartsTV before you don’t need a second eMail address. 😄👍

24 minutes ago, ramrod said:

So if you watched the Sunderland game last week after putting in your unique code that's you sorted for the rest of the season and you just ignore today's email,  that correct?

That's correct and I reckon the stream was an improvement on last season. I'll be using it for the Celtic game as I can't make it but after that hopefully I'll be in my seat.

They didn't half make it difficult for folk to redeem their ST code. 

I had two L figures and an I figure in my code, very unclear which letters were which. Then they compound the situation by advising people not to copy and paste. 

I missed seeing the game because of their 'advice' if I had copied and pasted I would have been logged in no problem instead of playing bingo with any amount of combinations my code provided. 

Are they intentionally hiring Hibs fans to work in admin at the club because they seem intent on ****ing us around. 

The latest nonsense being the social distancing arrangements which are even stricter than the SG requires. 

Lone Striker

Can anyone confirm my understanding of this whole situation -

Until the SG lift all capacity restrictions for Tynecastle, ST holders have access to all Hearts TV stuff (without subscription) including live home match streams.

Once the SG does lift all restrictions, ST holders can still access Hearts TV (without subscription) - but live home match streams won't be available if you're viewing in the UK.   

Is that all correct ?   

If rumours of restrictions being lifted sometime in August turn out to be true, then all this kafuffle will have been done just to get to see the Sunderland, ICT & Celtic games (maybe another LC next round game too, and maybe the Aberdeen game too) ....... correct ?

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Until the SG lift all capacity restrictions for Tynecastle, ST holders have access to all Hearts TV stuff (without subscription) including live home match streams.

Once the SG does lift all restrictions, ST holders can still access Hearts TV (without subscription) - but live home match streams won't be available if you're viewing in the UK.   

Is that all correct ?   

If rumours of restrictions being lifted sometime in August turn out to be true, then all this kafuffle will have been done just to get to see the Sunderland, ICT & Celtic games (maybe another LC next round game too, and maybe the Aberdeen game too) ....... correct ?

No. Hearts TV normal content is a separate account hence separate email and user name requirement for the streaming service.

50 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Is that all correct ?   

LC games are only available on Premier Sports. 

davemclaren
52 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Is that all correct ?   

The ICT match is not being streamed by the club as it’s on Premier Sports. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Are you happy now? 😄

Don't be silly Dave. I have a reputation to maintain!