• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• davemclaren

• Jambo-Fox

• upgotheheads

Lone Striker
Just now, davemclaren said:

The ICT is not being streamed by the club as it’s on Premier Sports. 

Ah right. Thanks.  So all this for a friendly and 1 league match (maybe 2).    :tlj:

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Ah right. Thanks.  So all this for a friendly and 1 league match (maybe 2).    :tlj:

Assuming we don't go back into lockdown and restriction are then tightened again🤔

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Assuming we don't go back into lockdown and restriction are then tightened again🤔

True. 👍  Although another lockdown would probably be because Covid infections have gone through  the roof ....... which might result in a suspension of football.  :waiting:

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Can anyone confirm my understanding of this whole situation -

Until the SG lift all capacity restrictions for Tynecastle, ST holders have access to all Hearts TV stuff (without subscription) including live home match streams.

Once the SG does lift all restrictions, ST holders can still access Hearts TV (without subscription) - but live home match streams won't be available if you're viewing in the UK.   

Is that all correct ?   

If rumours of restrictions being lifted sometime in August turn out to be true, then all this kafuffle will have been done just to get to see the Sunderland, ICT & Celtic games (maybe another LC next round game too, and maybe the Aberdeen game too) ....... correct ?

The commitment to be able to view games has been made for the season whether or not full crowds are allowed again. 

Is this correct?

Surely once restrictions are lifted but an individual ST holder still feels too ‘vulnerable’ to attend matches they will still be able to view through the stream?
Should there be a difference between a ‘click on a turnstile’ vs a ‘click on a mouse’?

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Is this correct?

Surely once restrictions are lifted but an individual ST holder still feels too ‘vulnerable’ to attend matches they will still be able to view through the stream?
Should there be a difference between a ‘click on a turnstile’ vs a ‘click on a mouse’?

Once restrictions on attendance are lifted the streaming service stops. if someone then feels too vulnerable to attend then they don't attend. Buying a season ticket doesn't give you a right to attend or watch on a stream. For me it would be great if it did ... I could watch every game.

Francis Albert

Or maybe 38 depending on how Covid and restrictions pan out.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

The commitment to be able to view games has been made for the season whether or not full crowds are allowed again. 

Not so. Read your email again.

Season ticket holders will have access to every league game as long as Covid restrictions on capacity apply.

Edited by Francis Albert

Lone Striker
42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Is this correct?

This is why I asked the question - having read the Hearts explanation several times, it's not clear how big a concession  we've  registered for.   The point about some  ST holders feeling unwilling to go back into a crowd  is valid too, especially if there's no enforced social distancing.    And if  social distancing remains in place (even 1m) then thats reducing the capacity, and we're probably back to more ballots.       

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Once restrictions on attendance are lifted the streaming service stops. if someone then feels too vulnerable to attend then they don't attend. Buying a season ticket doesn't give you a right to attend or watch on a stream. For me it would be great if it did ... I could watch every game.

SKY wouldn’t like that as the rights owner. 

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

This is why I asked the question - having read the Hearts explanation several times, it's not clear how big a concession  we've  registered for.   The point about some  ST holders feeling unwilling to go back into a crowd  is valid too, especially if there's no enforced social distancing.    And if  social distancing remains in place (even 1m) then thats reducing the capacity, and we're probably back to more ballots.       

I have been highly critical of Hearts communication on this but the latest email seems pretty clear to me. Once capacity  restrictions are lifted the streaming service stops. 

How in practical terms could it continue for those fans who " feel vulnerable" ? 

16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

That’s disappointing news! I was hoping for a rerun of last season albeit with better quality and more entertains matches. I ‘watched’ more Hearts games last season than I have done for several decades!

Lone Striker
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I have been highly critical of Hearts communication on this but the latest email seems pretty clear to me. Once capacity  restrictions are lifted the streaming service stops. 

How in practical terms could it continue for those fans who " feel vulnerable" ? 

Same as last season, except no carry forward into next season.   You're deemed to have either attended or watched at  home.... or a combo of the 2.   Then everyone pays full price next summer to renew.  Seems simplest and fairest way forward.     ST fans living outside Edinburgh who use public transport would face a bigger "risk" going to a game than fans who walk or drive. 

Edited by Lone Striker

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

That’s disappointing news! I was hoping for a rerun of last season albeit with better quality and more entertains matches. I ‘watched’ more Hearts games last season than I have done for several decades!

So did I. But the good side of Covid will hopefully not last for the greater good!

davemclaren
Just now, Lone Striker said:

Same as last season, except no carry forward into next season.   You either attend or watch at home.   Then everyone pays full price next summer to renew.  Seems simplest and fairest way forward.

Streaming is in the gift of the TV rights holders, namely

SKY. 

21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

SKY wouldn’t like that as the rights owner. 

I thought Sky had done a deal with the SPFL for ‘live streaming’ this season 21/22

SPFL negotiates Sky compensation as clubs to live-stream home matches https://media.sportbusiness.com/news/spfl-negotiates-sky-compensation-as-clubs-to-live-stream-home-matches/

Edited by Jambo-Fox

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

This isn’t 2020. 🥸

😂 I’ve wasted one year of my life with the pandemic! I’m sure I’ll catch

up soon!

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

up soon!

😂😂

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Seems clear to me but perhaps I’m too trusting, after all it is Neil Doncaster / Scottish football authorities!!

Press Release | SPFL https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-47629

I hadn't seen that before and it explains your confusion and seems on the face of it to conflict with what Hearts are saying, Unless the words "while capacity restrictions apply" are missing from this report.

Or tbf my confusion as the case may be!

Edited by Francis Albert

57 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You are wrong.

The SPFL allowed streaming to be in place for the whole 2021-22 season. 

As others mentioned it will take a bit longer for everyone to feel safe going to crowded events including public transport. 

42 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I hadn't seen that before and it explains your confusion and seems on the face of it to conflict with what Hearts are saying, Unless the words "while capacity restrictions apply" are missing from this report.

Or tbf my confusion as the case may be!

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “For the past few months, there have been intense, detailed discussions between ourselves, Sky Sports and our clubs to give fans certainty that they will be able to watch their heroes playing live next season, irrespective of when supporters are allowed back into stadia.

Lone Striker
56 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

up soon!

Haven't we all   😀

53 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Seems clear to me but perhaps I’m too trusting, after all it is Neil Doncaster / Scottish football authorities!!

Press Release | SPFL https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-47629

Thanks for posting this.   Donkey's words - " to give fans certainty that they will be able to watch their heroes playing live next season, irrespective of when supporters are allowed back into stadia. "

Although to be fair, that could also be interpreted as "watch the stream while restrictions are in place, and then sit in your stadium seat when they're lifted".     Confusion reigns supreme in the land of football administrators.

Edited by Lone Striker

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You are wrong.

The SPFL allowed streaming to be in place for the whole 2021-22 season. 

As others mentioned it will take a bit longer for everyone to feel safe going to crowded events including public transport. 

"Season ticket Holders will have access to every league game when they are unable to attend matches due to Covid 19 capacity restrictions".

Email from Hearts today.

I thought that was clear but maybe it isn't

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Haven't we all   😀

Thanks for posting this.   Donkey's words - " to give fans certainty that they will be able to watch their heroes playing live next season, irrespective of when supporters are allowed back into stadia. "

Which could mean you can watch your "heroes" (Jeez) in person when restrictions are lifted or on a stream until they are,

Lone Striker
Just now, Francis Albert said:

Which could mean you can watch your "heroes" (Jeez) in person when restrictions are lifted or on a stream until they are,

Indeed.  just amended my post above with that.     Back to square 1.

Francis Albert
Just now, Lone Striker said:

Indeed.  just amended my post above with that.     Back to square 1.

Yes thanks. I quoted before your clarification.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes, I can see that now 

11 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Haven't we all   😀

Although to be fair, that could also be interpreted as "watch the stream while restrictions are in place, and then sit in your stadium seat when they're lifted".     Confusion reigns supreme in the land of football administrators.

One thing is 100% certain … Doncaster is the slippiest creature ever 🐍 !!

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

One thing is 100% certain … Doncaster is the slippiest creature ever 🐍 !!

One thing I think we can all agree on.

I received my e-mail with code this morning. This evening I replied:
"I am alarmed that this is how season ticket holders are meant to be able to view games online this coming season. This is because the code system did not work for me for the Sunderland game last week because - ironically - I already had a Hearts TV subscription and could only listen to the game on Hearts TV. What was wrong with sticking with the separate website like last season, where one's season ticket account details were used to log in? That worked fine."

I hope that I'll receive a helpful reply.
Show quoted text

davemclaren
33 minutes ago, Pipleith said:
I received my e-mail with code this morning. This evening I replied:
"I am alarmed that this is how season ticket holders are meant to be able to view games online this coming season. This is because the code system did not work for me for the Sunderland game last week because - ironically - I already had a Hearts TV subscription and could only listen to the game on Hearts TV. What was wrong with sticking with the separate website like last season, where one's season ticket account details were used to log in? That worked fine."

I hope that I'll receive a helpful reply.
Show quoted text

The answer is that it’s easier for Hearts and their streaming partners to do everything via one platform.  It’s the corporate world of solution rationalisation/simplification. 

‘This season all games will be streamed via Hearts TV.  The Season Pass website used last season will no longer be used as our streaming partners, Stream Digital, will run one site – Hearts TV – in attempt to streamline the process of logging in and watching games, and also to provide support for any issues which may arise’

upgotheheads

When I got today's email I logged in to Hearts tv - heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk- which led me to a Login/register page which wouldn't respond to any keystrokes, that worried me. An hour or so later I logged in again, this time my user name was presented and I was able to watch the Lee McCulloch interview. This leads me to believe that I'm now properly registered. 

There's a cultural issue here whereby young IT experts understand everything and assume everybody else does. maybe they forget that people like me didn't experience computers until they were in their 40's (30 plus years ago), and although I do pretty well with computers I am still sceptical about their workings. As it stands, I think I'm registered and set to go on Sunday, but I'm still convinced that when I try to log in on Sunday it won't work. 

Edited by upgotheheads

Francis Albert
15 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

When I got today's email I logged in to Hearts tv - heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk- which led me to a Login/register page which wouldn't respond to any keystrokes, that worried me. An hour or so later I logged in again, this time my user name was presented and I was able to watch the Lee McCulloch interview. This leads me to believe that I'm now properly registered. 

There's a cultural issue here whereby young IT experts understand everything and assume everybody else does. maybe they forget that people like me didn't experience computers until they were in their 40's (30 plus years ago), and although I do pretty well with computers I am still sceptical about their workings. As it stands, I think I'm registered and set to go on Sunday, but I'm still convinced that when I try to log in on Sunday it won't work. 

Isn't The McCulloch interview parrt of the normal Hearts TV content? Not the separate streaming service.

Anyway agree with your second paragraph.

Edited by Francis Albert

davemclaren
15 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Did you redeem your code? If not you just have the free version of Hearts World. 

Francis Albert
16 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The answer is that it’s easier for Hearts and their streaming partners to do everything via one platform.  It’s the corporate world of solution rationalisation/simplification. 

‘This season all games will be streamed via Hearts TV.  The Season Pass website used last season will no longer be used as our streaming partners, Stream Digital, will run one site – Hearts TV – in attempt to streamline the process of logging in and watching games, and also to provide support for any issues which may arise’

Classic corporate-speak. Translation we are streamlining the process to suit us (and making it more complicated for our customers.)

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Classic corporate-speak. Translation we are streamlining the process to suit us (and making it more complicated for our customers.)

😄

upgotheheads
42 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Did you redeem your code? If not you just have the free version of Hearts World. 

This is where it get's confusing for me. I never got the original email with the code so contacted the IT team while I was trying to log in to the Sunderland game and they sent it to me. I eventually got in to that game using  the heartstv.heartsfc link which I picked up from someone on here, I'd been trying through the last seasons live match link. I had to copy/paste as the code was so ambiguous between Zero's and O's L and I, I and i. 

When I logged in the other day to the McCulloch interview the site did come up with my username so I'm hopeful.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

This is where it get's confusing for me. I never got the original email with the code so contacted the IT team while I was trying to log in to the Sunderland game and they sent it to me. I eventually got in to that game using  the heartstv.heartsfc link which I picked up from someone on here, I'd been trying through the last seasons live match link. I had to copy/paste as the code was so ambiguous between Zero's and O's L and I, I and i. 

When I logged in the other day to the McCulloch interview the site did come up with my username so I'm hopeful.

The McCulloch interview had nothing to do with the streaming service site. I think but who knows. The whole thing has been farcical.

lost in space
9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The McCulloch interview had nothing to do with the streaming service site. I think but who knows. The whole thing has been farcical.

Am I able to pay extra so I don't have to listen to McCulloch? 

I don't care what Hearts want - I will pay.

Having redeemed ST voucher is that it for the rest of the season. 

Is it straight onto the video stream from now on ? 

No more ****ing around with codes etc ? 

22 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You're quite right, it simplifies the situation for the club if not its season ticket holders in the short term. I just wasn't thinking it through yesterday. Today I registered for a second Hearts TV account (luckily I have more than one e-mail address, otherwise I would have been snookered), wherein I successfully redeemed the season ticket code without having to take out another subscription. I still think that all of this jumping through hoops shouldn't be necessary.

Francis Albert
43 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Who knows? The latest email suggests the code is for use for the rest of the season for as long as capacity restrictions apply. 

When I started the thread a few uber Hearts fans were quick to deride the idea that the process was any more complicated than last year's and accuse me of attention seeking by suggesting otherwise. Let's see how it goes for the Celtic game.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Yes I believe so. It worked perfectly well for me for the Sunderland game. I logged onto Hearts TV and there was an icon to click on for the game and it all worked well so I expect it to be the same for the Celtic game. I even thought that the quality was a bit better than last season. I found it all very simple and straightforward but I didn't already have a Hearts TV subscription and that appears to be where the difficulties lie.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, 1953 said:

Yes I believe so. It worked perfectly well for me for the Sunderland game. I logged onto Hearts TV and there was an icon to click on for the game and it all worked well so I expect it to be the same for the Celtic game. I even thought that the quality was a bit better than last season. I found it all very simple and straightforward but I didn't already have a Hearts TV subscription and that appears to be where the difficulties lie.

Yes  having  an existing  Hearts TV  subscription certainly  complicated things

Apologies if this has already been covered. I bought a season ticket but currently recovering from Covid and unsure when I’ll feel ready to be back inside the ground again.

I presume by not opting in, I’ll be able to watch the games on Hearts tv via my season ticket? I tried to have a look but couldn’t see what happened if you didn’t opt in. Just wondering if anyone knows? 

Or if I did opt in, was successful in the ballot, could I return the ticket and watch the game on Hearts tv?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Jambo Ell said:

Apologies if this has already been covered. I bought a season ticket but currently recovering from Covid and unsure when I’ll feel ready to be back inside the ground again.

I presume by not opting in, I’ll be able to watch the games on Hearts tv via my season ticket? I tried to have a look but couldn’t see what happened if you didn’t opt in. Just wondering if anyone knows? 

Or if I did opt in, was successful in the ballot, could I return the ticket and watch the game on Hearts tv?

If you didn’t opt in to the ballot then you can watch the stream. You need to use the code Hearts sent you to set up your account though.