Streaming service for ST holders

Francis Albert

jamboiain13
24 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You need to use to register for the ST streaming service using a separate email address (and I think user name and password) from those you used to log on to the Hearts TV subscription service. 

It is crazy.

And we have been run for 7 years by an expert in managing an IT business!

Makes perfect sense when you think about it!  Make everyone who has an account with Hearts registered using the email address they've always had and the very same one the code was sent to set up another 'new' account with a different email address! FEK that, unless they sort this out I will not be streaming any games until they allow me to use the same account details as I did last year.  Surely that can't be too difficult?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• davemclaren

• Jambo-Fox

• upgotheheads

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

Makes perfect sense when you think about it!  Make everyone who has an account with Hearts registered using the email address they've always had and the very same one the code was sent to set up another 'new' account with a different email address! FEK that, unless they sort this out I will not be streaming any games until they allow me to use the same account details as I did last year.  Surely that can't be too difficult?

Think it’s on a different platform. 

jamboiain13
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

platform 9 and three quarters?  Coz I need a magic wand to get this to work!

King Of The Cat Cafe

Finally got in at half time after an hour of faffing about.

It took that length of time before it showed a message to input the code that was emailed out earlier this week.

Farcical.

I managed somehow to access without using a new e-mail address after missing the first 30 minutes.

Probably the guy who was monitoring the message box got fed up with the number of complaints & flicked a switch to allow ST holders access using their original details from last season.

What a shambles. I'm looking forward to a rely from HMFC. In my message I requested that my comments should be forwarded to CEO & AB as it is the people at the top of the tree who should responsibility for so many annoyed supporters of the club & inconvenience experienced.

It will be interesting if I receive a reply & what their action is to address the issues resulting from their "Mad Hatter" approach to streaming games this season. Maybe a call to Peterhead TV might help as I found the experience to watch last week's game a straightforward process & no doubt, Stirling Albion will prove to be equally straightforward in midweek.

As pinched from a previous poster......Only Hearts, for the wrong reason.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, jamboiain13 said:

platform 9 and three quarters?  Coz I need a magic wand to get this to work!

😂

I registered yesterday and had absolutely no problem getting access this afternoon. The picture quality was fine throughout, but in all seriousness, I really, really hope that this is the last time I have to use it.

4 hours ago, norrie1952 said:

I kept getting that but checked the code again.I had missed a lower case a at the beginning of the code. Just got it this minute 

Eventually got a new  code. 

The Treasurer

As someone who is totally useless when it comes to anything IT related I feared the worst after reading the scare stories on here. Logged on with no problem whatsoever

If this is to be a regular log in system I will have to contact the club. 

Had the code all right but just kept telling me the code was invalid. 

I am not setting up a second email address it is up to the club to sort this issue. 

I missed today's game completely. 

maroondevo52
43 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Was this a one-off log-in system?  I bloody hope so, last season was so easy.

Yes, sure it will be.

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Requiring a new registration is probably about harvesting your data to sell on. Usually is.

They’ve already got the same info on the first email address. It does seem a very clunky procedure they are adopting but I can’t see where they would harvest new data. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Was this a one-off log-in system?  I bloody hope so, last season was so easy.

I don’t think it is a one-off. It might be helpful if they explained the reason for changing the process. 

So that sounds like it went well then!!

is it back to Hearts Pass for the league games?

Francis Albert

Did those reporting no problem have an existing Hearts TV account? If they did and followed the original incorrect instructions or the very vague corrected ones I don 't understand how they did not have a problem. Unless as a few have indicated there were other ways of getting access without registering e.g. by using last season's passwords to access the stream.

Anyway I look forward to tomorrow's apology, explanations and simplified access arrangements for the real thing In a couple of weeks time.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Did those reporting no problem have an existing Hearts TV account? If they did and followed the original incorrect instructions or the very vague corrected ones I don 't understand how they did not have a problem. Unless as a few have indicated there were other ways of getting access without registering e.g. by using last season's passwords to access the stream.

Anyway I look forward to tomorrow's apology, explanations and simplified access arrangements for the real thing In a couple of weeks time.

I’m theory, the only people that should have actually had a problem should have been those with an existing HeartsTV account. They need a separate account, though some apparently seem to have been able to use their existing account. The plot thickens. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

They’ve already got the same info on the first email address. It does seem a very clunky procedure they are adopting but I can’t see where they would harvest new data. 

At the very least my second email account at least doubles my exposure to spam and junk mail.  I suppose I may never need to access it ... except which email account will Hearts use to communicate with me on the streaming service?

Hearts - PLEASE PLEASE sort out the utter amateur shambles that is Hearts TV, the commentary is fine but everything else is shambolic.

The picture, sound and stream quality are all nowhere near what you should expect from a “top” club.  You’ve had many many months to get this right and you still carry on like it’s all ok.

Edited by Armageddon

I don’t think it is a one-off. It might be helpful if they explained the reason for changing the process. 

probably cheaper running/hosting one website

davemclaren
Just now, milky_26 said:

probably cheaper running/hosting one website

I think it might be to do with the Premiership running the one ppv system across all the clubs, fed from Sky, rather than the clubs running their own as happens in the Championship, fed by themselves. 

Just a guess though. 

5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Hearts - PLEASE PLEASE sort out the utter amateur shambles that is Hearts TV, the commentary is fine but everything else is shambolic.

The picture, sound and stream quality are all nowhere near what you should expect from a “top” club.  You’ve had many many months to get this right and you still carry on like it’s all ok.

I honestly don't know what you mean by 'stream quality', but the picture and sound I got (over 4G sitting in my gardens) was 1st class. As for the admin? Well, the word 'gash' springs to mind. Far too many people getting confused is all the proof required.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I honestly don't know what you mean by 'stream quality', but the picture and sound I got (over 4G sitting in my gardens) was 1st class. As for the admin? Well, the word 'gash' springs to mind. Far too many people getting confused is all the proof required.

The messaging was very poor on this. 

8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It might be a different platform but they’ve clearly done a ‘work around’, and it doesn’t work!

Hearts sold season tickets clearly stating that if fans could not attend then they could watch the match on a live TV stream. Hearts need to fix this not the supporters. I know you have suggested creating a new e mail address will help to create a solution but doing that only allows Hearts to pass the problem on and not fix a basic error on their part!

I’ve only come across this “create a new e mail address” suggested solution once before. And that was with an organisation that changed to a new platform which was so ‘suspect’ that BT would not process any communications from them to anybody that had an @btinternet.com e mail address. I left that organisation and am not involved with them anymore!!

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It might be a different platform but they’ve clearly done a ‘work around’, and it doesn’t work!

Hearts sold season tickets clearly stating that if fans could not attend then they could watch the match on a live TV stream. Hearts need to fix this not the supporters. I know you have suggested creating a new e mail address will help to create a solution but doing that only allows Hearts to pass the problem on and not fix a basic error on their part!

I’ve only come across this “create a new e mail address” suggested solution once before. And that was with an organisation that changed to a new platform which was so ‘suspect’ that BT would not process any communications from them to anybody that had an @btinternet.com e mail address. I left that organisation and am not involved with them anymore!!

To be fair, I’m only passing on what I did to get it to work. How you proceed in getting it to work is entirely up to you. 

sandylejambo

I started at 2-30 And gave up and threw the changer at the wall about 3-30, it's a Fn joke this shit, there is a person employed by the club who wants their P45 on Monday.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

i had to create a new account as I never had one for hearts tv and as I said no problems. Easy for me anyway and got the game no problem.  Hope you guys get it sorted though 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Eventually got mine sorted - a new code sent out and it worked perfectly. Missed the entire first half though - maybe a blessing in disguise. Anyway hopefully this will work properly now until get back to my seat in the ground.

jambos are go!
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts are not the only player in this. They have partners. And why ask for the data if they already have it?

The Treasurer
8 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Picture, sound and stream quality were fine last season and fine yesterday.

Maybe Hearts Tv isn't the problem

Hammerofthehibs
On 16/07/2021 at 00:06, Francis Albert said:

I followed instructions and clicked on my user name when I logged in to my Hearts TV subscription and clicked Redeem Season Ticket code from the drop down menu. Put in my code and got the message "cannot redeem season ticket code as you already have an active subscription". ?

It was a really crap experience- it said ‘if you already have an active Hearts TV account then please register with different details’ so I set up another account now got 2

upgotheheads
5 minutes ago, Hammerofthehibs said:

It was a really crap experience- it said ‘if you already have an active Hearts TV account then please register with different details’ so I set up another account now got 2

It took me an hour of trying to log in through different portals starting with Matchday Live from last season through Hearts TV, which all seem to use different username/password combinations. When I eventually was sent a Login code (never having received the original email with code from last week), I couldn't read it because it was a mixture of upper and lower case letters and numbers with a confusion between lower case l and upper case I (see what I mean, the first of those is lower case  L and the second is upper case i).

I copy/pasted of course (eventually), but I'm still not sure which portal I got through on, and I'm totally confused now about my passwords/ usernames for the next game will be.

Was the whole farrago because we used a third party network for this single game? And will we be reverting to last season's Matchday Live system with it's established username customer number combination? I bloody well hope so.

davemclaren
38 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sounds like last season's Hearts Pass is the easiest method. 

Any idea why this wasn't used here ?

With our attendances sure to be restricted for the foreseeable future then the club have an obligation to get this sorted out immediately. 

I had no problems, but others weren't so fortunate and it's simply not good enough that an email etc came out so late and, in some cases, not at all.

Also, feck creating another email account. 

Everyone should have multiple email accounts. 😎

davemclaren
3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

It took me an hour of trying to log in through different portals starting with Matchday Live from last season through Hearts TV, which all seem to use different username/password combinations. When I eventually was sent a Login code (never having received the original email with code from last week), I couldn't read it because it was a mixture of upper and lower case letters and numbers with a confusion between lower case l and upper case I (see what I mean, the first of those is lower case  L and the second is upper case i).

I copy/pasted of course (eventually), but I'm still not sure which portal I got through on, and I'm totally confused now about my passwords/ usernames for the next game will be.

Was the whole farrago because we used a third party network for this single game? And will we be reverting to last season's Matchday Live system with it's established username customer number combination? I bloody well hope so.

I think this new method will be used all season. It would be good to understand what drove the change. 

davemclaren
4 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Hearts are not the only player in this. They have partners. And why ask for the data if they already have it?

I imagine because it’s part of the standard registration process for Hearts TV. The same info is already held for season ticket holders in the club database. They possibly could have been clever and automatically set everyone up from there but that would require a piece of coding. 

upgotheheads
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think this new method will be used all season. It would be good to understand what drove the change. 

The next fixture is Tuesday away to Stirling Albion which might be available from SA but the next home Home fixture v ICT, Sunday 25th, looks like a Premier Sports job and won't be available on Hearts TV anyway. That means Hearts have got the best part of 2 weeks to sort out a system that's (A) easy to access, (B) one that the fans can understand, (C) doesn't have to involve the input of crazy passwords/ID's involving indecipherable I's and L's and upper/lower case random combinations of numbers and letters.

And add simple directions to the appropriate site.

Edited by upgotheheads

11 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The next fixture is Tuesday away to Stirling Albion which might be available from SA but the next home Home fixture v ICT, Sunday 25th, looks like a Premier Sports job and won't be available on Hearts TV anyway. That means Hearts have got the best part of 2 weeks to sort out a system that's (A) easy to access, (B) one that the fans can understand, (C) doesn't have to involve the input of crazy passwords/ID's involving indecipherable I's and L's and upper/lower case random combinations of numbers and letters.

but it should be you only need to input the password only once when setting it up. then all you would need to do is login to it and click on the stream

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Cut and paste solves the password issue. Better instructions are definitely needed. 

Cut and paste solves the password issue. Better instructions are definitely needed. 

This is in the instructions, it says not to cut and paste.

Manually type the unique code that was emailed to you (copying and pasting can often include hidden spaces) and click Redeem. Please note the code is case sensitive so type it exactly as it appears in the email.

davemclaren
34 minutes ago, 1953 said:

This is in the instructions, it says not to cut and paste.

Manually type the unique code that was emailed to you (copying and pasting can often include hidden spaces) and click Redeem. Please note the code is case sensitive so type it exactly as it appears in the email.

One reason why better instructions are needed. 😄

upgotheheads
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

One reason why better instructions are needed. 😄

And why i-I and l-L should be avoided.

scw98heartsfc

Just how difficult is it to follow some simple instructions... 

Go to the Hearts TV home page by visiting https://heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk/ - this is the only site to register your details

·      Click on the REGISTER button on the top right of the page. If you already have an active Hearts TV account then please register with different details.

·      Complete the register form with your details, along with the marketing section and agree to the terms and conditions.

·      Once completed press Register. You will be taken back to the Hearts TV homepage.

·      To redeem your season ticket code, click on your username on the top right of the page and select Account settings from the dropdown.

·      Once in Account Settings, click REDEEM SEASON TICKET CODE on the left-hand side of the page.

·      Manually type the unique code that was emailed to you (copying and pasting can often include hidden spaces) and click Redeem. Please note the code is case sensitive so type it exactly as it appears in the email.

·      You are now registered.

Supporters are encouraged to complete their registration and/or redeem their season ticket code as soon as possible and well in advance of Saturday’s game in order to prevent any issues on the day of the game.

If supporters experience any difficulties then please email [email protected]

All very simple really... Honestly guys, have word with yourselves... You can to log and post on here, so your not stupid when it comes to the Internet. 

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, scw98heartsfc said:

Just how difficult is it to follow some simple instructions... 

Go to the Hearts TV home page by visiting https://heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk/ - this is the only site to register your details

·      Click on the REGISTER button on the top right of the page. If you already have an active Hearts TV account then please register with different details.

·      Complete the register form with your details, along with the marketing section and agree to the terms and conditions.

·      Once completed press Register. You will be taken back to the Hearts TV homepage.

·      To redeem your season ticket code, click on your username on the top right of the page and select Account settings from the dropdown.

·      Once in Account Settings, click REDEEM SEASON TICKET CODE on the left-hand side of the page.

·      Manually type the unique code that was emailed to you (copying and pasting can often include hidden spaces) and click Redeem. Please note the code is case sensitive so type it exactly as it appears in the email.

·      You are now registered.

Supporters are encouraged to complete their registration and/or redeem their season ticket code as soon as possible and well in advance of Saturday’s game in order to prevent any issues on the day of the game.

If supporters experience any difficulties then please email [email protected]

All very simple really... Honestly guys, have word with yourselves... You can to log and post on here, so your not stupid when it comes to the Internet. 

What does "please register with different details" actually mean?

And remember this was the corrected version of the instructions. The first said existing Hearts TV subscribers did not have to register at all.

The attempt to excuse this shambles and blame us is pathetic.