Streaming service for ST holders

Francis Albert

Francis Albert

Why is the process for accessing this more complicated this season. Just got an email with lengthy instructions and a special code. Only needed customer reference number last season.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• davemclaren

• Jambo-Fox

• upgotheheads

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why is the process for accessing this more complicated this season. Just got an email with lengthy instructions and a special code. Only needed customer reference number last season.

Just to annoy you FA I imagine. 😄

I assume this is a one off and normal service will resume for league games? 🤷‍♂️

Lone Striker
18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I assume this is a one off and normal service will resume for league games? 🤷‍♂️

Not sure about that Dave. The email says your special code gets you access to the Sunderland game and "other streams throughout the 21/22 season".     Hmmmm....curiouser and curiouser  :kirk:

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Not sure about that Dave. The email says your special code gets you access to the Sunderland game and "other streams throughout the 21/22 season".     Hmmmm....curiouser and curiouser  :kirk:

Indeed. 

I was able to access this by typing in my details in the same format as last season, without the special code referred to, just name and customer reference number. Whether this works for the game on Saturday is another matter though it does say on the Hearts website that if you are already registered you don't need to go through this process.

Quote on HMFC SITE;

”…… Season ticket holders will receive an email on Thursday evening that contains a unique code that must be registered prior to the game….”

With 1 hour 5 minutes left of Thursday evening I’m still waiting …..

Fat Striker
7 minutes ago, Jibbers said:

I was able to access this by typing in my details in the same format as last season, without the special code referred to, just name and customer reference number. Whether this works for the game on Saturday is another matter though it does say on the Hearts website that if you are already registered you don't need to go through this process.

Even if already registered, you still need to go to account settings and redeem the season ticket voucher - that’s when you use the code in the email. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

I have my code but no link 

click the "read the supporters guide" in the email and you will find a link to hearts tv along with everything you need to do

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

click the "read the supporters guide" in the email and you will find a link to hearts tv along with everything you need to do

Yep that helps. 🤪

10 minutes ago, Jibbers said:

Was that not the Match day/Heartspass you used last season?

You have to use Hearts TV this time.

Lone Striker

So if you log in to Hearts TV on Saturday using your "new" username & password, will the match link just magically be there ?    Or do they send you another email on the day with a link on it ?   (Sorry - I've never used Hearts TV as such before). 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

They don't need to go to these lengths to annoy me!

Anyway it seems odd that we are urged to register as soon as possible on the Thursday night when the first game is less than two days away. 

And if as has been suggested the registration gives us full access to Hearts TV I can presumably cancel my Hearts TV subscription and the club will lose money compared to last year's simpler process?

And if so why has this not been advertised as a benefit of renewing or buying your ST this season?

Edited by Francis Albert

I went through the form and when I pressed register it just took me to the log in page for my Hearts TV pass that I used last season. 

Didn't get the chance to put the code in. 

1 hour ago, Fat Striker said:

Even if already registered, you still need to go to account settings and redeem the season ticket voucher - that’s when you use the code in the email. 

Yes, it did seem a bit too straightforward just using last season's login.  Thanks for the clarification, I'll give that a go. 

Francis Albert
35 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I went through the form and when I pressed register it just took me to the log in page for my Hearts TV pass that I used last season. 

I followed instructions and clicked on my user name when I logged in to my Hearts TV subscription and clicked Redeem Season Ticket code from the drop down menu. Put in my code and got the message "cannot redeem season ticket code as you already have an active subscription". ?

Edited by Francis Albert

It’s now Friday and still no sign of this [promised on Thursday evening] e mail from Hearts with codes for games this season …..

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It’s now Friday and still no sign of this [promised on Thursday evening] e mail from Hearts with codes for games this season …..

Spam folder? 

Hungry hippo
45 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You don't need to do the register part as you can skip that by just going to the sign in page like we did last season for streaming and enter your ref number as the password. 

Then select your name from the menu, account settings, then redeem season ticket code and you can enter as per the email

My code worked although some posters seem to getting a fault at that stage.

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Anyway it seems odd that we are urged to register as soon as possible on the Thursday night when the first game is less than two days away. 

And if as has been suggested the registration gives us full access to Hearts TV I can presumably cancel my Hearts TV subscription and the club will lose money compared to last year's simpler process?

And if so why has this not been advertised as a benefit of renewing or buying your ST this season?

I don’t think registration is giving free access to Hearts TV. I think I have registered successfully and all I’m getting is the usual freeview goals plus the first 30 seconds of other items

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I don’t think registration is giving free access to Hearts TV. I think I have registered successfully and all I’m getting is the usual freeview goals plus the first 30 seconds of other items

Thanks. Didn't make sense to get Hearts TV free with ST. Not clear why we get stream for Saturday free when the game would not normally be part of your ST.

Hungry hippo
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks. Didn't make sense to get Hearts TV free with ST. Not clear why we get stream for Saturday free when the game would not normally be part of your ST.

I suspect the Sunderland stream is being used as a bit of trial run for IT purposes like we did with a friendly last season - I think Partick from memory. Trying to get all the registration issues out of the way for a meaningless game rather than chaos for a Celtic game.

jambosean75
6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I followed instructions and clicked on my user name when I logged in to my Hearts TV subscription and clicked Redeem Season Ticket code from the drop down menu. Put in my code and got the message "cannot redeem season ticket code as you already have an active subscription". ?

i'm getting this as well

jambosean75
6 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

I get this error message.

C26AE05C-2418-4B60-A82A-35D5E01E3961.jpeg

i'm the same

i've emailed them on the address provided.

waiting to hear back

Hannibal Lecter
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

How much is the ppv for the sunderland game.

A tenner

The Treasurer
8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I could be wrong but this may have something to do with the Premiership matches being shown via Sky whereas last season it was the club's own streaming service.

9 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

How is more complicated ? You already use hearts tv so I can’t see how this would confuse you. 

Looks to me like until we get all season ticket holders back into the stadium it gives season ticket holders to live games hearts tv will already be screening. Hence the reason for the unique code, we will lose access once we can fully use our season tickets. Seems pretty straightforward. 

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

How is more complicated ? You already use hearts tv so I can’t see how this would confuse you. 

Looks to me like until we get all season ticket holders back into the stadium it gives season ticket holders to live games hearts tv will already be screening. Hence the reason for the unique code, we will lose access once we can fully use our season tickets. Seems pretty straightforward. 

It's not more complicated. It's just another excuse for op to moan. Doesn't take much for that to happen.

3fingersreid

I’ve received a code for my youngest daughters  to watch but bugger all for myself or my older daughter yet we all use the same e mail address ( and my money to pay for ST’s) .

If she uses hers to watch whilst at her pals , will I be able to use it too whilst in my house ???

30 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ve received a code for my youngest daughters  to watch but bugger all for myself or my older daughter yet we all use the same e mail address ( and my money to pay for ST’s) .

If she uses hers to watch whilst at her pals , will I be able to use it too whilst in my house ???

Need a different code I assume.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Hannibal Lecter said:

A tenner

cheers bud, great effort by many, season ticket sales over 10000.

3fingersreid
37 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Need a different code I assume.

I did think that , I’m sure I’ll get an e mail today 😂

Francis Albert

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

I understand fully the second paragraph. Why is redeeming a season ticket code (or in my case trying to and failing to) necessary when all I needed last season was my name and customer reference number to sign in for each game? There may be a good reason. Maybe it makes it more secure. But I can't see how anyone can deny it is more complicated. 

jambosean75

Hi S,

The season ticket is a separate account from your subscription so you will have to register a new account for your season ticket details. 

Kind Regards

Support

this is the answer from the support line which seems to contradict the line from the page that says

Note; if you already have an active Hearts TV account then you do not need to register, just click on SIGN IN

Francis Albert

Thanks I was about to email as I get the same error message as you. I assume what they mean is you register by changing your account settings once you have signed in to Hearts TV but I get the same error message when I do that. 

Edited by Francis Albert

jambosean75
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks I was about to email as I get the same error message as you. 

i've just queried it with them and got the following back

Hi S,

This is incorrect, please register as a new user for your season ticket account. 

The club will correct their site later today. 

Kind Regards

Support

Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

i've just queried it with them and got the following back

Hi S,

This is incorrect, please register as a new user for your season ticket account. 

The club will correct their site later today. 

Kind Regards

Support

Congratulations. I registered but still get the same error message when I reach the final step and enter my season ticket code.

Will try again when the club correct their site "later today".

20 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Registered fine but how do you actually get to watch the match ?

Will a match icon appear tomorrow? 

Probably daft questions but never been on Hearts TV before. Last year I just used the Hearts Pass icon.

I've just got registered and once on the page where you can select to watch goals, highlights etc scroll down and the match icon for tomorrow is at the bottom. Presumably they will put a specific icon up for every home game.

I'm sorted now but it does seem like a much longer winded way of doing things than last season.

11 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Spam folder? 

Still no e mail, I’ve checked spam, junk etc - nothing!

I note another poster has contacted the ticket office and has received a positive reply BUT if the majority of season ticket holders have to do that the ticket office will get swamped with enquiries.

Assuming there is an admin or system flaw that prevents these e mails being sent it would be better if that was fixed ASAP rather than put the onus on individuals to chase the club.

The ST access to watch games worked perfectly last year, this change was not asked for, the club has decided to implement it so they should take ownership to fix the problem.

davemclaren
Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

Still no e mail, I’ve checked spam, junk etc - nothing!

I note another poster has contacted the ticket office and has received a positive reply BUT if the majority of season ticket holders have to do that the ticket office will get swamped with enquiries.

Assuming there is an admin or system flaw that prevents these e mails being sent it would be better if that was fixed ASAP rather than put the onus on individuals to chase the club.

The ST access to watch games worked perfectly last year, this change was not asked for, the club has decided to implement it so they should take ownership to fix the problem.

My mate contacted them this morning as his email address was out of date. Now got the email. 

If I was you I’d contact them via the support link in the article.