Serie A to ban green strips from next year

Longbaws

18 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

About 30/40 years ago Football Focus had a segment about Plymouth Argyle (I think) and their green strip causing problems due to it blending in with the grass on the pitch and iirc the FA wanted to ban the strip. They finished the piece by mentioning that only 2 other teams in Britain have green in their strip, Celtic and Hibs, but because they also have white in the strip it meets the requirements for it not to be banned. As much as it would be great for the laughs I can't see them having to change their colours.

Ah but there is also the health and safety issues discussed earlier in the thread. I remember Harry Cochrane clattering into McGinn in a derby. It's almost impossible to see a green strip on a green pitch.

I genuinely thought it was ghosts that won 9 in a row 2 season ago and never understood how Rangers lost a SC Final despite being the only team on the park.

Get it banned.

Edited by Longbaws

Fire_At_The_Disco

Ban them and then jail them for ever thinking that monstrosity was a football top. Then after they’ve served their sentence for fashion crimes…jail them again for being absolute tinks. 

Hate the colour green, dont have any green clothes at all, never have, horrific colour, so i think it would be a brilliant idea, just to see the meltdown of smeltic n h1b5, sweet.

So c'mon SFA, get it sorted.

FTH

FTC

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Sigma One said:

This is forward thinking stuff, but surely TV companies could (not should) use a filter on the grass or strip to change the colour? 🤣🤣

TV companies can't even synchronise sound in this super-digital, brainiest era ever on interviews, news etc.

The most essential piece of equipment today is the remote, so you can turn the sound up and down. 

7 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

TV companies can't even synchronise sound in this super-digital, brainiest era ever on interviews, news etc.

The most essential piece of equipment today is the remote, so you can turn the sound up and down. 

Remote?

'Alexa, turn that **** Jonathan Pierce down'

'The xxxx has been silenced' in response.

Can Alexa do this?  I'm still a remote user too ;)

Edited by DETTY29

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Remote?

'Alexa, turn that **** Jonathan Pierce down'

'The xxxx has been silenced' in response.

Can Alexa do this?  I'm still a remote user too ;)

I'm sure she can as she passes everything you say to the Grey Web.

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Celtic fans getting into a froth about it on Twitter because our admin tagged the SPFL regarding this 🤣

Glorious😂

Banners outside Tynie on the first day of the season.

Riots outside Parkhead after we hump them 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

colinmaroon
22 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Glorious😂

Banners outside Tynie on the first day of the season.

Riots outside Parkhead after we hump them 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

All white strip with little green arrows all over, pointing upwards and a yellow stripe running vertically down the back..

Problem solved.

5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

All white strip with little green arrows all over, pointing upwards and a yellow stripe running vertically down the back..

Problem solved.

It's ideas like this that will earn Scottish football the big money TV deals 👍

Hibs in an all brown kit, Celtic use your fantastic idea then the silly money comes rolling in.

Who knows, the league may even get a decent sponsor...maybe.

Watched Cameroon lose the 1990 World Cup QF to England on ITV 4 earlier.

Not only struck by what a diving, cheating fecker Lineker was, and how jammy England were to win, but also how African nations would cope with a ban on green.

It's the shirt colour of so many on that continent.

Including Roger Milla and co who had a distinct Hibs look that night.

Didn't notice at the time, tbf, as it was ABE back then. 😊

Edited by martoon

Imagine Celtic and hibs being told by some clown like Doncaster or Petrie that they couldn't wear green anymore because UEFA had banned it.

I would die happy.

Montgomery Brewster
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Imagine Celtic and hibs being told by some clown like Doncaster or Petrie that they couldn't wear green anymore because UEFA had banned it.

I would die happy.

😁

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, martoon said:

Watched Cameroon lose the 1990 World Cup QF to England on ITV 4 earlier.

Not only struck by what a diving, cheating fecker Lineker was, and how jammy England were to win, but also how African nations would cope with a ban on green.

It's the shirt colour of so many on that continent.

Including Roger Milla and co who had a distinct Hibs look that night.

Didn't notice at the time, tbf, as it was ABE back then. 😊

Although it's funny it's a ridiculous decision. 

As I already said it's a worrying sign of the amount of control the TV companies have over football. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Although it's funny it's a ridiculous decision. 

As I already said it's a worrying sign of the amount of control the TV companies have over football. 

I doubt it will happen in domestic football.

Easily done in Italy as there's very few who play in green but it's a common club colour in other countries.

World Cup, Champions League...perhaps, but impractical in the wider game.

Pity. Celtic's meltdown would be fun to witness.

Hibs would mump and moan a bit but would knuckle under without too much fuss. They're a club and support with identity issues and conflicts anyway so a colour change wouldn't, ultimately, be a big deal.

Purple with a big yellow streak up the back would be my guess. 😊

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, martoon said:

I doubt it will happen in domestic football.

Easily done in Italy as there's very few who play in green but it's a common club colour in other countries.

World Cup, Champions League...perhaps, but impractical in the wider game.

Pity. Celtic's meltdown would be fun to witness.

Hibs would mump and moan a bit but would knuckle under without too much fuss. They're a club and support with identity issues and conflicts anyway so a colour change wouldn't, ultimately, be a big deal.

Purple with a big yellow streak up the back would be my guess. 😊

Agreed, but longer term it's a bit Grim. 

TV companies shouldn't be dictating what colours teams can play in. 

Auldbenches
9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I would die happy.

Those green brigade clowns would have to get a different name.  Though whatever they changed it to I'd stil call them *****.  

PhoenixHearts

Serie A have clarified that the rule will not apply to home kits (and GK kits), so teams like Sassuolo won't be affected.

The ruling will prevent teams from having green away or 3rd kits. 

13 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Serie A have clarified that the rule will not apply to home kits (and GK kits), so teams like Sassuolo won't be affected.

The ruling will prevent teams from having green away or 3rd kits. 

Ridiculous decision. How can we appeal it?

Im just watching Austin texas v Seattle Sounders.   Yowsers.    Green everywhere.    Both have green on their tops.    Even the commentary mentioned it is very green then mentioned the upcoming Italian season banning green strips. 

Austin-FC-Jersey-By-Austin-FC.png

new-seattle-sounders-2021-away-kit+%284%29.jpg

Ex member of the SaS

Flicking between the Hibs and Sheep games last night and noticed a banner at the side of the Hibs pitch. " Hibs the greenest club in Scotland". Is this another first along with lights and teaching Brazil?

On 17/07/2021 at 16:58, Longbaws said:

Ridiculous decision. How can we appeal it?

😄

53 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Flicking between the Hibs and Sheep games last night and noticed a banner at the side of the Hibs pitch. " Hibs the greenest club in Scotland". Is this another first along with lights and teaching Brazil?

They are right. No one is as green with envy as those clowns !