Serie A to ban green strips from next year

Longbaws

25 minutes ago, stuckinsunderland said:

Spfl would probably fine hearts for having green grass first

We may be ok as usually from around October time there is not much green left on our pitch.

This is the type of forward thinking that the SFA or SPFL would never promote which in turn denies millions in TV revenue.

Maybe Celtic could incorporate a diagonal orange strip across their top. To make them easier to see of course!

Hibs could change to an all brown top. Shite doesn't show on a brown jersey.

Under the floodlight
35 minutes ago, stuckinsunderland said:

Spfl would probably fine hearts for having green grass first

😂😂

Bazzas right boot

It would be funny but sadly this is further proof of TV's Control over the game. 

Water breaks sponsored by coke are next along with an extended half time break so they can put in a concert or something. 

Never has a player mistaken another player in a green strip as part of the grass. 

Funny as **** if it was rolled out tho. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

More likely to ban maroon for clashing with the tattie field pitches here. 

They'll ban maroon because it's difficult to check the amount of blood on it after an injury.

Had a wee look over on dotnut and, whilst there's no panic or over reaction, there is concern.

I think there is a fair chance it could be rolled out but probably only as far as international and European games.

Can't see it being applied in the domestic game here because of Celtic. Imagine the fuss the repressed victims would make if not allowed to wear their national colour.

A few dotnuts suggesting purple for Hibs if they couldn't wear green anymore. 

What is their fascination for a colour that, for me, is way too close to that of their rivals? It would be like us changing to Turquoise.

Or perhaps having a very light blue/white sleeved away kit that looks like a washed out 1970's Hibs top. 🤪

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, martoon said:

Had a wee look over on dotnut and, whilst there's no panic or over reaction, there is concern.

I think there is a fair chance it could be rolled out but probably only as far as international and European games.

Can't see it being applied in the domestic game here because of Celtic. Imagine the fuss the repressed victims would make if not allowed to wear their national colour.

What is their fascination for a colour that, for me, is way too close to that of their rivals? It would be like us changing to Turquoise.

Or perhaps having a very light blue/white sleeved away kit that looks like a washed out 1970's Hibs top. 🤪

Hahahahaha you really hate that strip eh 😜

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha you really hate that strip eh 😜

Oh yes. :rofl:

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve got one 😱😜

:nojustno:

Tbf, I think it's those shirts the players wear underneath which makes it look long white sleeved and a wee bit too Hibs to my eyes. 

3 hours ago, Longbaws said:

Maybe Celtic could incorporate a diagonal orange strip across their top. To make them easier to see of course!

Hibs could change to an all brown top. Shite doesn't show on a brown jersey.

Good shout, would match the H1b5 players underwear before every derby too.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

It would be funny but sadly this is further proof of TV's Control over the game. 

Water breaks sponsored by coke are next along with an extended half time break so they can put in a concert or something. 

Never has a player mistaken another player in a green strip as part of the grass. 

Funny as **** if it was rolled out tho

A haunting look into the future there SRB. I raise you 3, thirty-minute-period games to increase ad revenue.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Longbaws said:

A haunting look into the future there SRB. I raise you 3, thirty-minute-period games to increase ad revenue.

I’m sure that was discussed as an option for a previous World Cup. 

Can’t remember the member on the kickback who had a go at me because I never liked green!  He got very defensive over green and wrattled off the green football rugby and nfl tops he had 😂 will be spewing at this news 😂😂

The sad thing to come out of it was he was a growing man with that amount of Football tops 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, martoon said:

:nojustno:

Tbf, I think it's those shirts the players wear underneath which makes it look long white sleeved and a wee bit too Hibs to my eyes. 

They wore Maroon underneath the first time but wore white after that. 
I’ve just bought the Orange polo neck and the matching training top, the wife reckons I’m colour blind so I can’t be trusted 😆
Hope this years effort is more appealing. 

11 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Does Italy have any traditionally green teams? Struggling to think of any

Sassuolo are green and black

FTS

2 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Sassuolo are green and black

FTS

A bit hard on them if that's their trad strip colour. Not one of the big boys so no doubt they had little say.

It's hard on them but if UEFA brought out a rule saying the same I'd have to support it. Fairness n that. Medicine n that.

PhoenixHearts
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Funny as **** if it was rolled out tho. 

This. 

It's funny and all because **** hibs & celtic and so on but...

This is just cynical as feck, tail wagging the dog type shite. 

Long held traditions of football right down to how teams have to look are now being decided by the TV companies?

Not at all for it.

PhoenixHearts
51 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Can’t remember the member on the kickback who had a go at me because I never liked green!  He got very defensive over green and wrattled off the green football rugby and nfl tops he had 😂 will be spewing at this news 😂😂

The sad thing to come out of it was he was a growing man with that amount of Football tops 

That was me mate. I'm a collector. I trade and sell them. I've got hundreds of kits and jerseys from all sorts of sports leagues all over the world. And yes, some are green. 

Go Eagles.

Great idea, would be a sound initiative by the IFF.    Great thread! 

I've played against green strips, never liked them.    Never played in a green strip thank ****. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Longbaws said:

Yip, a distinct possibility. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Green grass, you say?

Fair challenge. 

The Treasurer

Green strips do have a habit of blending in with the background, h1b5 fans have been mistaken for seats for years

Told my wife this as thought it was a great idea.

Forgot she was Irish and supports the Rugby Team. 

Still, I'm sure she'll come round.

colinmaroon
13 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

We may be ok as usually from around October time there is not much green left on our pitch.

A Boris-like "truth."

Maybe we should try "Magic Sauce?"

Malinga the Swinga
13 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Shows how out of touch you are. Nothing wrong with pitch at Tynecastle last season. Guess it depends on how the 'our' refers to in your post. Perhaps Hibs.

37 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Absolutely. To this day I still don't understand how Stevenson ended up with a retrospective ban but McJake didn't. I think even Collum signals to him at the time that the pair of them went in hard.

And TBF to Stevenson, given McScumbag was wearing green, he might not even have seen him as he approached the ball.

There we have it folks. Banning these vile...sorry unsafe, green jerseys will save careers and lives.

From a health and safety perspective they must be outlawed.

Surely once that happens every green league title/cup win, since the invention of colour TV, is null and void.

Can't have teams playing in illegal jerseys.

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Told my wife this as thought it was a great idea.

Forgot she was Irish and supports the Rugby Team. 

Still, I'm sure she'll come round.

Fantastic, mine too.

Wind up a-coming.

And she hates whatever abomination of away top they tend to come up with.

coatbridgejambo
14 hours ago, martoon said:

makes sense.

bunch of helmets afterall 

21 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

makes sense.

bunch of helmets afterall 

😄

Sawdust Caesar

About 30/40 years ago Football Focus had a segment about Plymouth Argyle (I think) and their green strip causing problems due to it blending in with the grass on the pitch and iirc the FA wanted to ban the strip. They finished the piece by mentioning that only 2 other teams in Britain have green in their strip, Celtic and Hibs, but because they also have white in the strip it meets the requirements for it not to be banned. As much as it would be great for the laughs I can't see them having to change their colours.

This is forward thinking stuff, but surely TV companies could (not should) use a filter on the grass or strip to change the colour? 🤣🤣