The Worst Film Ever Made

rudi must stay

As said above in the last film you watched?

Rogue Hostage , John Malkovich stoops to an all time low 

what a total bag of schite 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Konrad von Carstein

• iantjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Used to enjoy going to the surprise film in the Edinburgh Film Festival. I don't know why as the films were invariably bad. Examples include The Bourne Identity, Heat and Planet of the Apes (remake). But the worst ever was Spirited Away. I could've walked out after 10 minutes but thought maybe one of my mates might be enjoying it. Turns out we all thought it was terrible. Studio Ghibli is so overrated. I'd take Pixar over them any day of the week.

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, Jibbers said:

Used to enjoy going to the surprise film in the Edinburgh Film Festival. I don't know why as the films were invariably bad. Examples include The Bourne Identity, Heat and Planet of the Apes (remake). But the worst ever was Spirited Away. I could've walked out after 10 minutes but thought maybe one of my mates might be enjoying it. Turns out we all thought it was terrible. Studio Ghibli is so overrated. I'd take Pixar over them any day of the week.

I would take Pixar over them too. Forgettable 

Boston Jambo
2 hours ago, weehammy said:

Very obvious I know but anything with Sly Stallone, Jason Statham, Dolphin Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, has the whiff of over-ripe cheese.

Any film directed by the late Alan Parker also reeks.

All gratuitously unnecessary remakes such as Straw Dogs, Thomas Crown Affair, The Getaway, Magnificent Seven are usually stinkers.

Try The Pope of Greenwich Village, Mickey Rourke at his finest, just before he started on a series of bad decisions.

He and Eric Roberts are amazing together.

3 hours ago, weehammy said:

Very obvious I know but anything with Sly Stallone, Jason Statham, Dolphin Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, has the whiff of over-ripe cheese.

Any film directed by the late Alan Parker also reeks.

All gratuitously unnecessary remakes such as Straw Dogs, Thomas Crown Affair, The Getaway, Magnificent Seven are usually stinkers.

Not any film. Mississippi Burning & Midnight Express shouldn't feature on a thread about worst films ever.

Thought Angel Heart's supposed to be decent too, but haven''t seen.

Edited by felix

2 hours ago, felix said:

Not any film. Mississippi Burning & Midnight Express shouldn't feature on a thread about worst films ever.

Thought Angel Heart's supposed to be decent too, but haven''t seen.

I like Mickey Rourke in Angel Heart. Its a good film, with a decent twist. I thought Year of the Dragon was good as well though maybe a bit dated now.  Also, he was good in the Wrestler. He has been honking in some movies though.

1 hour ago, weehammy said:

I concede Mississippi Burning is OK.

Midnight Express….meh, but not a total turkey.

Angel Heart is a total turkey.

Midnight Express should never be mentioned on a "worst fillms" thread,  & " meh" isn't a  phrase even loosely connected with the Alan Parker classic.

The Commitments also doesn't belong.  decent soundtrack - nowhere near worst film ever. 

I'd take Alan Parker generally, out of the mix on this one.

JudyJudyJudy
23 hours ago, Boof said:

1945 version of 'And Then There Were None'.

I suppose I could make allowances for it being just post WW2 but my sweet Lord it was dreadful. Overacting, underlighting, ropey sets, poor, poor script...

Disagree . It was terrific. 

10 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Two superb films

Agreed . Similar to “ Arrival “ which was just incredible 

Dagger Is Back
5 hours ago, Tazio said:

Battlefield Earth is always on these lists but I’ve never met anyone who has seen it. 

I've seen it. Utter kack

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Fierce Creatures sequel to A Fish Called Wanda. Just why?

Wanda's a belter as well, love Kevin Cline in that film

Dagger Is Back
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Wanda's a belter as well, love Kevin Cline in that film

It was you're right on both counts. That's why FC was such a disappointment. I think we left for the pub after 30 minutes. Watched it on TV since and going to the pub was definitely the best decision

16 hours ago, Tazio said:

Battlefield Earth is always on these lists but I’ve never met anyone who has seen it. 

I've seen it, and actually read the book back in the 80's. Book was ok, but the film was a total dud. Didn't know anything about L Ron Howard back then, and hadn't heard of Scientology at the time either.

12 hours ago, felix said:

Midnight Express should never be mentioned on a "worst fillms" thread,  & " meh" isn't a  phrase even loosely connected with the Alan Parker classic.

The Commitments also doesn't belong.  decent soundtrack - nowhere near worst film ever. 

I'd take Alan Parker generally, out of the mix on this one.

A lot of people confusing not liking a film with it being “the worst film ever”.

There’s a lot of films I don’t like but I accept that they’re still good films. Just not my thing. Pulp Fiction probably being the one that sticks out most.

29 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

I've seen it, and actually read the book back in the 80's. Book was ok, but the film was a total dud. Didn't know anything about L Ron Howard back then, and hadn't heard of Scientology at the time either.

:fonzie:

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

A lot of people confusing not liking a film with it being “the worst film ever”.

There’s a lot of films I don’t like but I accept that they’re still good films. Just not my thing. Pulp Fiction probably being the one that sticks out most.

Pulp Fiction just never done it for me  either 

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Pulp Fiction just never done it for me  either 

I tried watching it but just couldn’t get into it at all.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

I tried watching it but just couldn’t get into it at all.

Same pal, I’ve put it in the with Reservoir Dogs and Natural Born Killers, cult movies, but not for me.

7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Same pal, I’ve put it in the with Reservoir Dogs and Natural Born Killers, cult movies, but not for me.

I’m beginning to think that you’re my movie doppelgänger. I’m not into those films either :lol:

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I’m beginning to think that you’re my movie doppelgänger. I’m not into those films either :lol:

:lol:
Let’s see, I do like Inglourious *******s,From Dusk till Dawn (first one), Kill Bill (first one) and my all time favourite True Romance

20 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:lol:
Let’s see, I do like Inglourious *******s,From Dusk till Dawn (first one), Kill Bill (first one) and my all time favourite True Romance

Seen Dusk till Dawn (love it, sequels were crap though) and True Romance (not bad).

Not seen the other two.

Edited by iantjambo

jack D and coke
On 15/07/2021 at 21:06, crunchy frog said:

The Running Man

Total Recall

Absolute toalies both

One of my favourite movies :lol: 

So many good scenes and lines…

Watched it dozens and dozens of times. 

luckyBatistuta
12 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Seen Dusk till Dawn (love it, sequels were crap though) and True Romance (not bad).

Not seen the other two.

You’ve got to get a watch of them bud, really good films.

luckyBatistuta

A couple of absolutely honking films which received best picture awards 

Moonlight (2016)…garbage, no idea how that 

Shape of Water (2018)…more garbage, what the hell was going on🤪

Not the worst film, but seriously overrated imo...2001, A Space Odyssey...just boring

17 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You’ve got to get a watch of them bud, really good films.

Kill Bill is one that I’ve always said I’m going to watch but never got around to it.

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Kill Bill is one that I’ve always said I’m going to watch but never got around to it.

First one is brilliant, but don’t bother after that👍