Tokyo Olympics 2021

Malinga the Swinga

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It's always the team mates that I feel sorry for, they lose their medal because of the cheating of someone else.

That'll be Canada moved up to second, don't know who finished 4th, but they'll get a Bronze now.

yep, it was the same reason bolt now does not have the triple triple

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

Malinga the Swinga

If he is found guilty, then he should be booted out of athletics forever, and if that's not legal, then he should never be selected to represent GB, or England in Commonwealth games, again.

Also should be sued for any funds he received from Lottery funding.

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It's always the team mates that I feel sorry for, they lose their medal because of the cheating of someone else.

That'll be Canada moved up to second, don't know who finished 4th, but they'll get a Bronze now.

Would they have got a silver without one of the team doping though? If not then they never really had the medal to begin with I guess

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If he is found guilty, then he should be booted out of athletics forever, and if that's not legal, then he should never be selected to represent GB, or England in Commonwealth games, again.

Also should be sued for any funds he received from Lottery funding.

I would not disagree with any of that. Make it hurt. 

GB 4x100m mens relay silver looking likely to be disqualified.

CJ Ujah has failed a dope test.

Two illegal substances detected.

2 hours ago, Beni said:

News :runaway:Peebles  

[ >24 hours ]

:lol:

Just seen it on Breakfast news.

Which is yesterday's news I suppose.

13 hours ago, Taffin said:

Would they have got a silver without one of the team doping though? If not then they never really had the medal to begin with I guess

That's something nobody can say, for sure.

:yas:

Over the last three or four Olympic cycles, I find myself enjoying the Paralympics far more than the "normie" ones.

The normal Olympics is getting more and more the case that the rich nations simply outspend the poor ones in terms of equipment, training camps (and drugs).

I'm sure that finances is also a factor to a certain extent with the Paralympics but it's far more of a level playing field.

Yes, there are constant battles over who should be in which class, as disability affects each and every person differently, but on the whole it's pretty balanced.

Having to cope with day-to-day problems as well as training for elite sport takes serious dedication.

Starts 24th Aug.

2 hours ago, Cade said:

:yas:

Over the last three or four Olympic cycles, I find myself enjoying the Paralympics far more than the "normie" ones.

The normal Olympics is getting more and more the case that the rich nations simply outspend the poor ones in terms of equipment, training camps (and drugs).

I'm sure that finances is also a factor to a certain extent with the Paralympics but it's far more of a level playing field.

Yes, there are constant battles over who should be in which class, as disability affects each and every person differently, but on the whole it's pretty balanced.

Having to cope with day-to-day problems as well as training for elite sport takes serious dedication.

Starts 24th Aug.

If you enjoy the Paralympics Rising Phoenix on Netflix is a must watch documentary about them. 

• 1 month later...