26th minute

Weebroon98

When the hearts song was getting belted out last night at the game for some reason i thought of the game big Zal was singing it. Would be great if on the 26th minute of every home game this season we did something for the big man, applause, Zal  song or the hearts song.

Love Zal, he will always be a loved member of our Hearts family.  These 'applause on x minute' however make me cringe so much.  I find it all very 'Celtic'.

We retired his jersey,  I am sure we will all think and remember him fondly for all our days and we will always sing his name - for me that is enough.

davemclaren
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Love Zal, he will always be a loved member of our Hearts family.  These 'applause on x minute' however make me cringe so much.  I find it all very 'Celtic'.

We retired his jersey,  I am sure we will all think and remember him fondly for all our days and we will always sing his name - for me that is enough.

You posted all that without even one mention of ‘virtue signalling’. 😎

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Only 1 post in Dave - give me a chance.

AlphonseCapone
12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I think I agree. Prefer spontaneous approach. 

Byyy The Light
51 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Agreed

Hopefully we will be able to have a full crowd by 31 Oct marking 1 year since he passed. 

I'm sure the club would do something to remember him with the fans around that date at the next opportunity at home.

Sharing a moment with the fans in addition to the retiring of the Jersey would be more fitting than something every game for me. 

The Treasurer
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

He never blamed Budge for some random unrelated thing either. 

Robbo-Jambo
4 hours ago, jambo19 said:

Hopefully we will be able to have a full crowd by 31 Oct marking 1 year since he passed. 

I'm sure the club would do something to remember him with the fans around that date at the next opportunity at home.

Sharing a moment with the fans in addition to the retiring of the Jersey would be more fitting than something every game for me. 

I think the first home game that has a full house doing a round of applause in the 26th minute might be the best idea. 

John Findlay
4 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I like retiring the number. I think it’s classy.

It is only for this season.

10 hours ago, John Findlay said:

It is only for this season.

Is it? 
That’s not so great. A lot of American stadia have the retired numbers around the stadium. I like that.

This is My Story Podcast

We tried to bring the big Zal flag on a Tuesday but there was no room for it as every section had fans in it. Am sure no fans would’ve minded having the flag going over them for a minute or two. Hopefully get it an airing at a game soon.