GMS

lou

Stendelnator
6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I think there will be a lot of can’t be arsed looking performances then a moment of brilliance to make us forget. 

Rudi used to do that. I could live with that 

Just now, Stendelnator said:

Rudi used to do that. I could live with that 

Yep, wasn’t a criticism just an observation of how he come across especially when not on the ball. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Can we start calling him Gaz? That's what his team mates call him. GMS is too Celticky/Aberdeeny/Unitedy for me. I'm calling him Gaz from now on. 

Much like Gino…….GMS has played decent in only a handful of games against lower level opposition…..he definitely has the ability but I’m concerned we won’t see often enough at a higher level.

We need another winger to push both these players as it’s clear Roberts isn’t going to be that guy.

tartofmidlothian

Six goals in his last four matches for us. He didn't impress much as a winger, but he's one of the most exciting strikers we've had in years - and so is Liam Boyce, which is nice.

Clark Griswold

Wingers at our level will generally have ups and downs in form, let's hope its more of the ups this season, as there's no doubting he has quality.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

When playing with confidence he's almost untouchable at this level

I think this is what its all about for him. Staying clear of injury, and getting regular hugs. As a support I think its important we make him feel special, then he is special

Jamboscanbevicius
5 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Six goals in his last four matches for us. He didn't impress much as a winger, but he's one of the most exciting strikers we've had in years - and so is Liam Boyce, which is nice.

Totally agree. It’s not been against high level opposition but he knows where the back of the net is!

Tommy Brown

Definite confidence growing from season end to this.

But please refrain judgement until the  league begins. I am confident he will be more hit than miss.

Premier League will be a massive difference to Peterhead and Cove.

Byyy The Light

Had to try and get fit by playing games last season.  Think he'll kick on now and become a firm favourite.  A front three with Boyce and Ginelly is going to be something else on its day.

Ainsley Harriott
30 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

When playing with confidence he's almost untouchable at this level

Cove Rangers?

Gordon Ramsay

Didn't think he was great last night but it was a brilliant finish. 

Definitely got attributes but one of the weakest players I've ever seen. 

I do think he will have some important moments this season for us though. 

4 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He’s an absolute foul magnet, considering how good Kingsley, Halliday and Walker are at set pieces, I think this will create goals out of nothing for us. Most if not all of the bottom 6 will just sit in against us so this offers a chance to get round that IMO. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I agree. I was just thinking he wasn’t having a good game as he hit that cracking goal. 

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree. I was just thinking he wasn’t having a good game as he hit that cracking goal. 

Did you see when Gino jumped on him and he collapsed like a deck of cards. Not the strongest is he.  Shocker, he'll be glad the celebration wasn't in a bigger game :lol: but the strike, yes please, let's repeat that against Celtic!

RustyRightPeg
22 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Cove Rangers?

No, Premier League. I didn't think he had his best game last night, although he was impressive in flashes and took his goal really well his all round game wasn't great.

I think as a fanbase we need to make him feel wanted and special and then he'll repay us over the course of the season. It's still very early in pre-season and more will come.

34 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Bold statement after only a handful of good performances.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Did you see when Gino jumped on him and he collapsed like a deck of cards. Not the strongest is he.  Shocker, he'll be glad the celebration wasn't in a bigger game :lol: but the strike, yes please, let's repeat that against Celtic!

He does seem to have the build of a wee laddie, despite his age. 😄

David McCaig
15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Conor Sammon was built like the proverbial brick outhouse... But I prefer the fact that GMS actually has the ability to play football.

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not everyone is built like grizzly Adams like you

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Not everyone is built like grizzly Adams like you

True, well the first bit is. 😎

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

No.

Unbelievable, first game back at Tynie and people are throwing about the garbage word, not one bad performance last night

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

No.

Good to hear but not much can be taken form a game against Cove but we can only piss with the member infront of us.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, tynietigers said:

I am feeling that confident in GMS that he will hit 15 at least this season 👍🏻

15!! No 6-8 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

I am feeling that confident in GMS that he will hit 15 at least this season 👍🏻

Definitely, if we play this formation where he’s in and around the box a lot, maybe will struggle to do it if he’s wide all the time. 

He had a poor effort just before his goal. Last season, his head would’ve dropped completely after that. He’s playing with so much more confidence.

Defo an improved player that looks more like the guy at Aberdeen which should spell trouble for the opposition. 

Fort Vallance
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He isn't just a winger. More of a floater these days. Hovers around in pockets of space and is difficult for opponents to pick up.

That is when he is most dangerous. 

I agree.

Harry Potter
10 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

He had a poor effort just before his goal. Last season, his head would’ve dropped completely after that. He’s playing with so much more confidence.

Thats correct, his 1st shot was bad but managed to score a great goal not long after, confidence

is a big factor and hopefully he will get more goals this season.

We've got proper threats on both sides of the pitch - lets use them. And lets not adapt it when a derby or the old firm come along. 

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Much like Gino…….GMS has played decent in only a handful of games against lower level opposition…..he definitely has the ability but I’m concerned we won’t see often enough at a higher level.

We need another winger to push both these players as it’s clear Roberts isn’t going to be that guy.

Only if you discount all the assists and goals GMS got at Dundee United, Celtic and Aberdeen in the Scottish Premiership …

19 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Only if you discount all the assists and goals GMS got at Dundee United, Celtic and Aberdeen in the Scottish Premiership …

He hasn’t looked a fraction of the player he was at any of those clubs imo.

SuperstarSteve
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Well he's already got 2...so chances of him scoring more than 8, are quite decent. 

8 goals from a winger, adding in a few assists, is a good return. Put it this way, if it was Walker scoring that many, there wouldn't be much grumbling.

Walker got 8 goals and 5 assists from 24 games last year. Majority I’d imagine from the bench and there was grumbling over his consistency. 

If all 3… Walker, Gaz and Ginnelly can be hitting roughly those numbers each this season would be nice. 

Hungry hippo

GMS is our modern Jean Louis Valois. Very happy to have someone with his quality (in addition to Ginnelly) that can produce a piece of magic out of nothing.

Hackney Hearts
3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Did you see Gino in the Scottish Cup Final? Celtic were scared shitless.

As for GMS, he's already done it at the highest Scottish level, no reason to think he can't again.

6 goals in his last 4 competitive games should mean his confidence is on a steep upward trajectory.

A_A wehatethehibs
48 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

He hasn’t looked a fraction of the player he was at any of those clubs imo.

There are zero doubts about his quality, so it sounds like you rushed to a negative judgement based only on his first 5-10 games for us in Feb/March where he got off to a slow start with a couple of away draws, rather than looking at his 200 game career where he's been one of the most entertaining footballers in Scotland, playing for teams that finished in Europe and won titles.

Last few games of last season, you could see he really started sharpen up, just a shame the short season ended just that bit too early for him to get to full sharpness. Good to see he has not lost that momentum he gained and he will prove another very good signing for us. 

alwaysthereinspirit

A big thing for him will be protection. If he’s on and refs do their job he could be huge for us. Scottish football, even at premiership level is still hackers Utd. Especially the lower level teams. He’ll be getting the $#!t kicked out off him 3 out of every 4 games. 

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There are zero doubts about his quality, so it sounds like you rushed to a negative judgement based only on his first 5-10 games for us in Feb/March where he got off to a slow start with a couple of away draws, rather than looking at his 200 game career where he's been one of the most entertaining footballers in Scotland, playing for teams that finished in Europe and won titles.

Last few games of last season, you could see he really started sharpen up, just a shame the short season ended just that bit too early for him to get to full sharpness. Good to see he has not lost that momentum he gained and he will prove another very good signing for us. 

There are zero doubts he had the quality required……..but better players than GMS have moved to clubs and not performed to the same level for one reason or another.

So……..based on the 20 or so games he’s played so far I’d say he’s been a major disappointment. Until he reaches the consistent standard he reached with those afore mentioned teams, I’ll consider my opinion to be an accurate one.

Some of his performances against part time players last season were absolutely shocking and if it had been a loan deal with a view to buy we probably wouldn’t have taken up the option……that is how bad he was.

I doubt this will be the last thread on this subject this season tbh.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

There are zero doubts he had the quality required……..but better players than GMS have moved to clubs and not performed to the same level for one reason or another.

So……..based on the 20 or so games he’s played so far I’d say he’s been a major disappointment. Until he reaches the consistent standard he reached with those afore mentioned teams, I’ll consider my opinion to be an accurate one.

Some of his performances against part time players last season were absolutely shocking and if it had been a loan deal with a view to buy we probably wouldn’t have taken up the option……that is how bad he was.

I doubt this will be the last thread on this subject this season tbh.

This is irrational, impatient pessimism and dreadful lack support for a new player at the club. To call him a major disappointment is a premature, drama queen conclusion, based on a short 3 months of dead rubber, empty park football last season, at a time where the league was basically already won when he arrived and a dozen depressing players Berra, White, Irving etc who all knew they were on the way out as soon as the promotion job was done. 

Irrespective of whether GMS turns out good or bad with his real Hearts career now beginning, you strike me as the type who will remain pessimistic and negative either way.

Robbo-Jambo
6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Aye, noticed that.

Needs to hit the gym 😄

Can't wait for his first hat trick at Parkhead. Running round the pitch laughing his head off at the sellic fans a la Naismith 🇱🇻👍

Guest ToqueJambo

It's a long time since we've had two gallus entertainers like Ginnelly and GMS in the team. Not everything they do will come off but it'll be fun to watch them.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm more going along the lines of Walker would be given far more leeway, than what GMS will/would be.

Folk were going ott over him, in the Championship when he was half fit. End of the season, you started seeing the results & improvements. Carried on into this, so far.

Folk seem eager to ignore Jamie's faubles as he's "Hearts". To the extent they're happy to keep someone whose not fully fit around, on the assumption he could score a vital goal. Or what he has done in the past. In the same breath saying GMS & Gnando were/are lazy. "Not convinced." And so on.

Walker will be lucky if he sees 10 games as a starter in the league this season, imo. Henderson is currently above him in the pecking order, on the back of recent showings.

As for GMS. He's blatantly a confidence player. I hope for his sake, Tynecastle, once it is back to a decent capacity (8k for Celtic is a decent start) will mean he feeds off that. Working with Gino, Gnando & Boyce.

The thing about Walker is he is good for at least 5-10 goals from midfield even if he's frustrating at times.